Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

4 hours ago, Mm1ut1 said:

SRS issues.....

I just installed srs and it works on other servers but not here. Is there some issues with it ? Thanks!

I bought myself an early Christmas present, a gaming headset. Hoping to enjoy this!

5E087894-078E-46DB-87E8-2EFE431F1BA6.jpeg

+1, I noticed SRS on Virtual Pilots wasn't working last night, too. SRS worked fine on Combat Box.

17 hours ago, Winterz said:

Had a blast flying on the overcast/snowy map. GJ!

Very much agree with this.  I love that overcast and snowy map.  I ended up landing back at base near the end of the map as it was getting dark and it was very atmospheric indeed (especially with the new patch cockpit sounds).

More overcast and snowy maps like this please :)

Thanks for a great MP server.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, even the tank drivers who I recently insulted, LOL.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman

Your server is my favourite choice to fly. But what I don´t understand is how the server calculate the death of a pilot. I lost two streaks because the flight log shows that my pilot was dead at the end of the mission. In both instances my pilot was clearly alive as I finished the mission after I was shot down. The first mission ended with a succesful belly landing in friendly territory and the front line was far away. In the second mission I had to bail out. The parachute was open and nobody shot at me.

Can I see somewhere the rules for the dead of a pilot and the following end of the career?

S!

PS: Keep up the good work!

10 hours ago, JG4_Qetzalcoatl said:

But what I don´t understand is how the server calculate the death of a pilot. I lost two streaks because the flight log shows that my pilot was dead at the end of the mission. In both instances my pilot was clearly alive as I finished the mission after I was shot down. The first mission ended with a succesful belly landing in friendly territory and the front line was far away. In the second mission I had to bail out. The parachute was open and nobody shot at me.

You ended up 1000m from the closest enemy position, while the nearest friendly position was 5700m away. If you end up smack in the middle, your chance to escape is 100%. If you land directly on the enemy, the chance is zero. In this case you had a chance of ~30% but the dice roll didn't favor you this time. We enter a death line in the logs when the pilot gets captured.

14 hours ago, JG4_Qetzalcoatl said:

Big thanks for your information. Then it was bad luck twice. 😉 May I finish the mission while still in the air with the chute or is it necessary to land and then click "finish spectate"?

You can finish the mission while hanging in the chute. Your fate is decided at the moment your pilot exits the cockpit :) .. But your pilot can die of course even after that, so it's adviced to finish the mission ASAP.

Are you gonna do something with that "invisible plane bug" on your server? I have died 3 times in last 24 hours before i realise I dont see other planes right in front of me... I dont know about any other server with this issue, moreover this bug is there at least several months and nothing change... Shame. 

• Confused 2
18 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Are you gonna do something with that "invisible plane bug" on your server? I have died 3 times in last 24 hours before i realise I dont see other planes right in front of me... I dont know about any other server with this issue, moreover this bug is there at least several months and nothing change... Shame. 

I honestly have never witnessed this problem with planes in BOX, I have seen it in FC on Flugpark server a couple of times. As for this very server I had that happen once with tanks, one guy I was communicating with spawned in a Sherman, I told him I was 300m North of spawnpoint, I see him driving past me asking where I was...turned out I was invisible for him...

36 minutes ago, SYN_Ricky said:

I honestly have never witnessed this problem with planes in BOX, I have seen it in FC on Flugpark server a couple of times. As for this very server I had that happen once with tanks, one guy I was communicating with spawned in a Sherman, I told him I was 300m North of spawnpoint, I see him driving past me asking where I was...turned out I was invisible for him...

Yes, but on Tanks, seems to be solved. Never happened from several weeks 😉

• Upvote 1
On 12/11/2020 at 12:26 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Some time ago, someone suggested somewhere (can't remember where) that we could try having the tank battle only on one sector. This sounds like an interesting idea. It would at least pack the tankists into smaller area for more concentrated tank play.

I was thinking about  that, on that "tank sector", we'd also remove the front airfields and perhaps temporaries too, but leave the rear fields. As the "tank sector" would still have the depots, stations, and bridges, the rear fields could still be used to mount bomber attacks on the enemy frontline troops / tank players and rear installations, but air threat to tank players might not be as severe.

Pros, cons, thoughts?

Probably off topic but as addressed in the discord PM - reconsider the tank sets - since similar to the Me-262 (long discussion) the Panther, Tiger and Ferdinand are OP

I just used one mission downloaded from your server and made a test... I take Panther and go to the red camp.... none of the anti tank weapon there, either t-34 or ZIS gun was able to kill me, de track, damage suspension yes, of course... but I get as close as 600m and was hit directly multiple times and was still able to return fire and destroy targets... I did not get close enough to the rear where you put the 88 for aaa to get it activate, but sure enough I do not need to keep the 1000 or 1200m distance of the activation of the defenses.... And this was in the Panther, not to mention the Tiger or Ferdinand.... While any of the red tanks could not get that close (below 1000m if there is no other terrain protection) to the blue camps without being eliminated (while Panther, Tiger and Ferdinand practically do not care about that).... IMHO again - the tank set you introduce is totally unbalanced.... Apart from humane to human fight.... the blue camp defense is fully capable to destroy any of the red tanks and red camp defense can only manage with PzIII and PzIV or some careless players in OP tanks. Please think about it, you know my opinion already. Otherwise I see no point in any of the changes in the game play...

• Haha 4
On 12/21/2020 at 5:02 PM, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Can't fix something if we don't know what to fix.

12 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Can't fix something if we don't know what to fix.

If that happens, you dont see any other plane on the server. Doesn matter if friendly or enemy, you can be right next to him on the ground on spawn point and you dont see him. It already happens to more than 50% of pilots of our squad, everytime the same, you can't se other planes, but they are there, they see you, they can shot you down etc.

Some specifications and facts about it:

-No matter how long you are on the server, it will not repair until you reconect the server

-You dont see all planes on the server at that time, not just single or few... Like flying on empty server

-It seems to be more often, when there is low player count on the server, like 5vs5 or 10vs10

-I saw this first time in september or so, we didnt fly on this server before

-Nobody of us has this problem on any other server, only Finish virtual server

-According to in-game chat, we are definitely not only pilots with this problem..

As admins obviously dont know about this problem, please let us know everybody, who encounter this bug!!!

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
1 hour ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

If that happens, you dont see any other plane on the server. Doesn matter if friendly or enemy, you can be right next to him on the ground on spawn point and you dont see him. It already happens to more than 50% of pilots of our squad, everytime the same, you can't se other planes, but they are there, they see you, they can shot you down etc.

-No matter how long you are on the server, it will not repair until you reconect the server

-You dont see all planes on the server at that time, not just single or few... Like flying on empty server

-It seems to be more often, when there is low player count on the server, like 5vs5 or 10vs10

-According to in-game chat, we are definitely not only pilots with this problem..

As admins obviously dont know about this problem, please let us know everybody, who encounter this bug!!!

This problem have existed for quite some time, long before September 🤷‍♂️

Happens once in a while.

Best practice if you are flying alone, before take off is to swap around the airfields until you either hear other engine sounds or just see other planes when you spawn in.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

It is happening for years and in all of the servers. I am getting it every few hours. It also makes Tanks and ships disapear, besides all friendly and enemy planes. I agree it does happen in Finnish more than others, but I have seen it in WOL, TAW, CB and even a couple of times in Berloga. This is something that has to be sorted out by the developers not the server admins. 

I used to be able to get proper documentation when this happened using the TacView, but it has been disabled in some servers due to some exploit. 

@LLv34_Untamo has the issue with TacView been sorted out? Can we have it back?

by the looks of it the "starting" area for the Kuban campaign frontline is too far to the east to make ship targets viable. (wasnt it supposed to be shifted to the west again to get some action over the coast / peninsula again?) now we have to wait another 3-6 months for this to happen :P

Hi, I really like flying in your server but there is a rule that I do not fully understand: that of the death of the pilot. The day before yesterday, on a mission I had to bail out after i was shot down by an enemy plane. While hanging on the parachute (nobody shot at me nor I did hit the ground), I finished mission. When the mission report of the game appeared, it simply showed "BAILOUT". The game showed absolutely nothing about being "dead nor captured". The death count was = 0. My surprise came when I later checked at the statistics. I was DEAD (see attached file). Game said BAILOUT, statistics said DIED, how can that happen?

Greetings!

DIED.JPG

37 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro said:

When the mission report of the game appeared, it simply showed "BAILOUT". The game showed absolutely nothing about being "dead nor captured". The death count was = 0.

In these bailout cases (and in many others too), you can pretty much ignore what the mission report on the top of the screen tells you. You most likely got captured by the ground troops. This is informed via chat message by the campaign app. So check what the chat tells you after the sortie.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:42 AM, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

We do know what the problem/bug is, and it has many variations. What we do not know, is what causes it, and as such we cannot fix it. Relay all bug reports to the devs, so they either fix it, or tell us what causes it on our end, so we can.

We have hunches, but nothing definite. For example, we are running a relatively heavy mission, which could be the cause, but the server software is running within the parameters given by the devs, so we cannot be sure. And we won't alter the mission or make it a mere shadow of itself going after a hunch. We need something solid.

On 12/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, SCG_Vieira said:

@LLv34_Untamo has the issue with TacView been sorted out? Can we have it back?

Not to my knowledge, no. We'll enable it once we have a fix.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 2
36 minutes ago, Majakowski said:

Can we get a Supply Ground Start please? That'd just feel so more complete.

I've just started playing on this server and just getting my feet wet with it. For my short time on it ( less than 10 hrs.) I'm usually ground pounding, or an occasional dogfight.   On my first occasion on the server I could see the stats indicating lack of planes for resupply of bases, and thought, OK, I'm still learning the map, the planes (have had this version of IL2 for about 5 months or so and haven't used all the planes yet) and their characteristics, and I found that an air start was really helpful.   Offline I've ground started HE111s and JU88s and really wasn't thrilled with the engine starting, ground loop process that basically I gave up for the time being and moved on.  So I found it refreshing that you could at least start the flight with a bit of a leg up and contribute to the side by doing a quick resupply sortie.  I guess I'm leaning to those that don't usually fly bombers to have the advantage of an air start.

Maybe a compromise...one base with full ground procedures, and another with air start?   Just MHO.

Also, just as background, I started flying the original IL2 series from 2001 (2?)  through 2012...full real, bombers as well. 

Edited by Voxman
On 12/28/2020 at 8:07 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

In these bailout cases (and in many others too), you can pretty much ignore what the mission report on the top of the screen tells you. You most likely got captured by the ground troops. This is informed via chat message by the campaign app. So check what the chat tells you after the sortie.

Last night I bailed in friendly territory, landed on firm ground, waited until my pilot vanished and hit "finish spectate".

Yet it's counted as a death.

There's something wrong here, whether in il2stats or elsewhere I wouldn't know.

Here is a paste from the end of the sortie log on the server:

22:35:57 was damaged - 0.1% invis Bf 109 F-2
22:36:07 WAS SHOTDOWN invis Bf 109 F-2
22:36:07 BAILOUT
22:36:16 crashed
22:38:37 DIED
22:38:37 end

56RAF_phoenix56

7 minutes ago, 56RAF_phoenix56 said:

Last night I bailed in friendly territory, landed on firm ground, waited until my pilot vanished and hit "finish spectate".

Yet it's counted as a death.

There's something wrong here, whether in il2stats or elsewhere I wouldn't know.

Here is a paste from the end of the sortie log on the server:

56RAF_phoenix56

Looking at the logs, the campaign system resolved you as "captured", hence the death. It's not that once you cross the border you're safe. You should have gotten a chat message about getting captured.

S! All

Have a question. 

When I join server and play German, I see German installations  such as troop or artillery locations as having blue Icons and Soviet Icons as red.  This is what I am used to all the way back to the early days of RoF.  

When I join the Soviet side, I see German markers as Blue and friendly Soviet installations as red except for spawn points. The spawn points are blue.  I expect the spawn points to be blue. I also expect icons on the friendlies to be blue.  Just like with a server with Icons on, I see enemy players as red and friendly players as blue.

When you pick a translator icon, you assign it a role such as attack enemy bridge or cover friendly bridge. You also select which coalition can see this icon. That way if you see red you attack. You see blue you defend.

Just wondering why Icons are not set up as way game was designed?

1 hour ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

Just wondering why Icons are not set up as way game was designed?

We use them like the colors were in old Il-2, not RoF. You can set the colors to be ”USSR Red” from the game settings, and then Russian side spawns will always be red and German blue.

• Upvote 1