Jump to content

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, beresford said:

Is 1500m a bit excessive? I can see you driving down a road minding your own business when you are killed by invulnerable guns almost a mile away that you probably can't even see.

To my understanding, it’s about on the distance where you can start sniping in a tank. I know that there might be issues with the distance, and it can easily be adjusted if needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, -SF-Disarray said:

 

Prop hanging and shooting form improbable angles over unrealistic distances? Sounds a lot like a 109, or 110's for that matter.

 

I also find it interesting that this 'unbalance' requires immediate action to address according to the waffle brigade but other aspects of balance and fairness are laughed at by these self same people. Are the numbers wildly and consistently out of balance? Tough luck for you, guess you'll just have to deal with that; or you can just enjoy a 'target rich environment'. Why should problems for the German team be addressed? No, really, why? For years the attitude of the German only players was deal with it. Well, the shoe is on the other foot, if only in some small way. So deal with it.

Surely you can support your opinion with facts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hurricane:  One of the slowest fighters in the game.  Also has one of the LOWEST max dive speeds before things break (630kp/h Hurri  vs. 570kp/h IL-2 '42 vs. 800+Kp/h Any German fighter). 

Does out-turn F-model 109s with hard work and E7 with hard work and luck. 

Chances of locking-up a 109 in a dive chase - almost NONE. 

Chances of seeing a German fighter dropping in from high six on a boom and zoom - very low. 

Chances of winning vs. Axis planes when it's 2v1 or worse odds - very low

Chances of winning vs. Axis planes when Hurricanes show up in a strong force - somewhat good, actually. 

Damage durability - average.  A tail with no canvas is rendered useless or very poor control, even if the inner structure is intact (historical). Light machine gun stripping the canvas off the tail is an easy shot for players that find themselves "under-leading" their targets and consistently hitting the tail. 

 

I somewhat agree that "1941"  Hurri configs should be hard-set in plane set #1.  The only reason I go for that though is "muh immurshun".

Ultimately, I don't see the other "non-1941" options as that much of an add, overall.  

 

What I'm hearing from players complaining the Hurri is OP is 3 things:  "It has an advantage in turning that we never had to counter before.",  "We shouldn't have to learn to adapt."  and "Ban the Hispanos!"  

 

Oh, and to be honest:  When the ALLIES come on the server and find themselves widely outnumbered, the overall ALLIES attitude is "Deal with it."  That's not Axis saying to Allies (or the inverse) unless somebody says something that turns the in-game chat into a cry thread.  

Each side gets their player waves throughout the day with a slight overall daily average going to Axis.  That's just business as usual...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, -SF-Disarray said:

 

Prop hanging and shooting form improbable angles over unrealistic distances? Sounds a lot like a 109, or 110's for that matter.

 

I also find it interesting that this 'unbalance' requires immediate action to address according to the waffle brigade but other aspects of balance and fairness are laughed at by these self same people. Are the numbers wildly and consistently out of balance? Tough luck for you, guess you'll just have to deal with that; or you can just enjoy a 'target rich environment'. Why should problems for the German team be addressed? No, really, why? For years the attitude of the German only players was deal with it. Well, the shoe is on the other foot, if only in some small way. So deal with it.

 

who hurt you man?

 

from an objective point of view: as of now the measures taken by the admin team in terms of balancing out the planesets have proven pretty effective, so maybe back your accusations up with actual facts. now i know you are just anti-axis and therefore generally frustrated about anything someone says against a red plane, but just shitposting hate comments against one side wont get you anywhere, nor will force any change for the better. 

the current outcry about the hurri with hispanos will settle down  itself, as always when a new plane releases it gets spammed (understandable, new toy, wanna play). once the axis figure out they cant fight it in turn fights on the deck with their e7s and start flying smarter again, the hurri with 20mm wont be much different than any other plane to deal with. 

 

now to the prop hanging abilities of the 109: literally ANY other fighter plane does better in prop hanging as long as it doesnt start with 0 energy to begin with. the 110 on the other hand does perform well due to its large wing surfaces and lower stall speed. feel free to test yourself with different scenarios other than just bullshitting a plane instead of analyzing your flight and improve on mistakes you made as a pilot. in most cases it comes down to human error and not pure plane performance.

 

as of now, the planesets seem pretty well balanced, you cant balance out side stacking which can be an issue at times. still all you can do is adapt your playstyle during these times.

 

maybe sit back, relax and think before posting a statement like that as it does not help anyone but to fuel your anger even more and sparking fires within the community and provoking anti red reactions from the axis side which is also pointless and lead to no solutions.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, -SF-Disarray said:

 

Prop hanging and shooting form improbable angles over unrealistic distances? Sounds a lot like a 109, or 110's for that matter.

 

I also find it interesting that this 'unbalance' requires immediate action to address according to the waffle brigade but other aspects of balance and fairness are laughed at by these self same people. Are the numbers wildly and consistently out of balance? Tough luck for you, guess you'll just have to deal with that; or you can just enjoy a 'target rich environment'. Why should problems for the German team be addressed? No, really, why? For years the attitude of the German only players was deal with it. Well, the shoe is on the other foot, if only in some small way. So deal with it.

 

When are you going to realize that if you happen to be "laughed at" or pushed back is because you constantly imply that blue (only) players are a group of bad people. Try to make your arguments without that and see how it goes.

 

BTW, I am thinking of going red in the next couple of months with an AMD Ryzen and an AMD 6000 series GPU and hoping it will not only improve my gaming experience but will manage to gain a little bit of your love.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@LLv34_Untamo

 

I just skimmed through (many) pages and seen player questioning how the front line moves.

Yesterday played a bit and we get to this
image.png.31b21b6a770cbe6fd25bc21857b8fa68.png

 

I'm sure there's some formula behind the scene working its magic to calculate many things but i have to say that at first look it really doesn't look great for Reds and yet it seems they are pushing Blues again.

 

I have seen Frontline movement calculation target object values listing - does that mean that e.g. every building at the depot is worth that many points as the listing says?

If so that would imply that you can skip front targets completely and focus only on depots and you still have great chances to move the front.

Even if enemy time wiped your front forces out and there's no one to actually push the front line 🤔

 

Also - at some point message popped up - Front lines are broken, mission change imminent. 30 minutes later nothing happened.

It just doesn't feel very imminent :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Amyel said:

does that mean that e.g. every building at the depot is worth that many points as the listing says?

The values are for the "blocks" that can contain multiple buildings, so it's not necessarily the value for a single building.

 

Generally, the depot and station targets are worth more than the frontline.

 

14 minutes ago, Amyel said:

Also - at some point message popped up - Front lines are broken, mission change imminent. 30 minutes later nothing happened.

Edit: Untamo corrected me, not a bug. It means that if you destroy frontlines a bit more, the mission will rotate. Perhaps no-one hit the frontline after the message.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Amyel said:

I'm sure there's some formula behind the scene working its magic to calculate many things but i have to say that at first look it really doesn't look great for Reds and yet it seems they are pushing Blues again.

 

The sector advancement boils down to this function:
double result = (germanHealth - russianHealth) / (germanHealth + russianHealth); ... where the health values are decimal numbers between 0 and 1. The health values come from the amount of points the sector has at mission beginning + points from paradrops versus the number of points of targets destroyed + points from planes/tanks lost. So when 100% of sector is destroyed, the value is 0. The result can then be a value between -1 and 1, the sign signifying the direction in which the attack will go.

 

The result is then multiplied with the maximum advancement amount, producing the resulting number of kilometers. For example, result = 0.5, and the maximum advancement = 50km, resulting in 25km advance.

 

19 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

This is likely a bug, it should rotate the mission and give you fresh targets. Do you remember the time and date when it happened?

 

Not a bug. The "mission change imminent" warning is given when the frontlines of one side are nearly destroyed. It then rests solely on the players to destroy the rest, and thus determine the time :) ... The message just tells that you are nearly there :)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for this MP server, as most of the other MP servers are a pain in the rectum with all their over-scripted scenarios, petty rules and restrictions and constant arguments on the forum threads. 

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman  

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to make at least the heavy AAA on the tank spawns vulnerable and adjust its engagement distance down a bit. Current mission has very troublesome setup for red side. Maybe I’ll make it so that the heavy AAA will stay destroyed for some time and then respawn.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Need to make at least the heavy AAA on the tank spawns vulnerable and adjust its engagement distance down a bit. Current mission has very troublesome setup for red side. Maybe I’ll make it so that the heavy AAA will stay destroyed for some time and then respawn.

Untamo did some logic for placing the tankspawns, so that they shouldn't be between the front troops. I also toned down the engagement distance of the heavy AAA, so tankspawn AAA stays invulnerable for now.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TUS_KOPTuK said:

Hi.

Last time I've seen a lot of complaints about the situation with invisible players around.
At least 2 cases you may find here and here (both of them with tracks). And my own case.

I'm afraid it`s only shows that the problem there is. But not the way how to solve it... 

 

Tracks.rarUnavailable

I'll do an experiment and remove the bridges again. That should bring the object numbers down a bit. Let's see if that has an effect.

 

Edit: effective after next mission rotation.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the server and the work you guys have put in. 
Just a quick report that a friend and I both experienced the invisible bug at the same time at the same spawn in point - very strange experience to say the least haha.  This was at the end of mission #9921.

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, @LLv34_Temuri

 

the introduction of the invulnerable AA causes quite a confusion during the attacks, specifically because it's not exactly clear where its placement is.  Yesterday I ended up trying to destroy it 3 or 4 times before I had a light bulb moment.

 

Couple of requests/suggestions:

1) Is there anyway you guys can mark it on the map?

2) Or add a blue/red smoke near it?

3) make it destroyable and then respawn it within 10-30 seconds?  (no need to count the points for it)

 

I'm not sure if any of the above options are feasible, but wanted to ask about them anyway.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

hi, @LLv34_Temuri

 

the introduction of the invulnerable AA causes quite a confusion during the attacks, specifically because it's not exactly clear where its placement is.  Yesterday I ended up trying to destroy it 3 or 4 times before I had a light bulb moment.

 

Couple of requests/suggestions:

1) Is there anyway you guys can mark it on the map?

2) Or add a blue/red smoke near it?

3) make it destroyable and then respawn it within 10-30 seconds?  (no need to count the points for it)

 

I'm not sure if any of the above options are feasible, but wanted to ask about them anyway.

 


I would like to keep the flak invulnerable on "normal" airfields just to offer some sort of safe haven for large formations to group up BUT I'd put some guns on the temporal airfields to harass those vultchers and THESE guns could be destroyable. So for those looking for an easy pray, there might or might not be a nasty surprise.

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:


I would like to keep the flak invulnerable on "normal" airfields just to offer some sort of safe haven for large formations to group up BUT I'd put some guns on the temporal airfields to harass those vultchers and THESE guns could be destroyable. So for those looking for an easy pray, there might or might not be a nasty surprise.

 

it's ok if the invulnerable guns are around the airfield, i.e. it's clear and obvious. But the guns around the tank spawn aren't exactly obvious, it's just an empty field with 3 AA guns and 4 defense U positions, i.e. it could be anything.

 

the temp airfield protection is a contested topic, I'm not getting in to that one. 😄  However, it would help if there was an early warning of an approaching aircraft ready to spray your parking spot, i.e. maybe some small SMG firing or something. Because right now you spawn in and it's dead quiet.. and suddenly you're ded. D.E.D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

However, it would help if there was an early warning of an approaching aircraft ready to spray your parking spot,

Well there is on the map. It‘ll show a plane icon and amount in a certain radius of the field.

air raid sirens would be cool tho. It‘s a warning but not a defense like AA

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion is that ALL AAA at tank spawns AND airfields should be destructible but, with a fair timer - let's say, 5 minutes - before it respawns.   When the server really gets going with high player numbers, if you haven't gotten your business done in less than 5 minutes and gotten out, you're most likely dead - at least for bombers. 

I'm sure it's a bit different when one side swarms an area, such as the front troops, giving more time-on-target.

Swarming an area does seem to favor Axis more but, that's not a complaint.  It really just boils down to Axis having the superior planes most of the time, which is (mostly) historical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2020 at 10:54 PM, 69th_Didney_World said:

Couple of requests/suggestions:

1) Is there anyway you guys can mark it on the map?

2) Or add a blue/red smoke near it?

3) make it destroyable and then respawn it within 10-30 seconds?  (no need to count the points for it)

I was initially thinking about marking the tank spawns with a flag, but thought that might look too gamey. Also, no other target looks like the tank spawn, the empty tank covers and AAA placements should be quite distinguishable.

 

Also had the thought about putting a respawn timer on the AAA, but wanted to see how it is before that.

 

These would be quite simple changes, so maybe I’ll do it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the possibility of exploit, Tacview recording is disabled on the server. We'll bring the recording possibility back, if the devs add some delay into the writing of the Tacview track.

 

Edit: also: 

 

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 2:21 AM, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

My opinion is that ALL AAA at tank spawns AND airfields should be destructible but, with a fair timer - let's say, 5 minutes - before it respawns.   When the server really gets going with high player numbers, if you haven't gotten your business done in less than 5 minutes and gotten out, you're most likely dead - at least for bombers. 

I'm sure it's a bit different when one side swarms an area, such as the front troops, giving more time-on-target.

Swarming an area does seem to favor Axis more but, that's not a complaint.  It really just boils down to Axis having the superior planes most of the time, which is (mostly) historical.

 

 

On second thought....     Tanks can go to temporary airfields and spawn camp as much as they can get away with, with no AI ground defense.  Tank spawn camping from the air (or ground for that matter) is now protected by invincible AI ground defense. 

 

What exactly was the purpose of certain Finn server community members ripping me a new butthole a little over a month ago about complaining of temp airfield spawn camping by tanks?  

🤣🤣🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 2:33 AM, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Just want to apologize to @[Ladds]Lama for friendly fire, my ID-ing was total crap, mistaken him for earlier damaged 109 so i damaged him quite badly....😬!

Sorry Lama and hats down to you for staying cool!

 

S!

Don't worry about that ! Mistakes are human's particularities . No shame , no blame ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible to put in objects not on the map ? Call them targets of opportunity. Vehicle convoy, tank farm, stationary train..... targets for both air and ground players. Just a thought! 
Really enjoy the server !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mm1ut1 said:

Would it be possible to put in objects not on the map ? Call them targets of opportunity. Vehicle convoy, tank farm, stationary train..... targets for both air and ground players. Just a thought! 

This would need to be done so that the <s command returns "targets of opportunity" status too. Otherwise people will be puzzled as to why the frontline is moving when there's nothing in the status that says it should. That being said, we are pretty much at the maximum amount of objects in the mission, so if we'd put these targets of opportunity objects there, we'd need to take away targets from the front or artillery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Bf 109 G-6 Late added to planesets. Will be at rear fields in planeset 5, moved SpitIX to be in rear fields on that set too.

109G6 Late with MW-50 modification is same airplane like 109G14, so how come no mod limitation for 109G6 Late, it would make more sence to have 109G6 Late without MW-50 option on set 5 where 109G6 shows up first time, as they are then same airplanes, not 109G6 Late with no restrictions, what makes it into G14, that shows up first at set 7.

109G6 late with no Mw-50 on set 5 and 109G6 Late with no restriction on set 6 makes sets differant then having moved airplane like G14 two sets ahed.  😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CountZero said:

109G6 Late with MW-50 modification is same airplane like 109G14, so how come no mod limitation for 109G6 Late, it would make more sence to have 109G6 Late without MW-50 option on set 5 where 109G6 shows up first time, as they are then same airplanes, not 109G6 Late with no restrictions, what makes it into G14, that shows up first at set 7.

109G6 late with no Mw-50 on set 5 and 109G6 Late with no restriction on set 6 makes sets differant then having moved airplane like G14 two sets ahed.  😄

Good point. Adjusted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...