Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Hi, I went to join the server about 30 minutes ago and it wasn't there. Someone just exited the server, and they said it didn't show up either. They also said that the website is down, which I can confirm. Is it down for maintenance or something like that?

10 minutes ago, VBF-12_Sluggo said:

Love the server, quick question are the pilot lives and tank lives interconnected?  I.e. if I have a pilot and then go to a tank and something bad happens, is that pilot toast also?

Good question :) I'm assuming they're not connected. @CountZero How does the tank stats mod handle this?

Some time ago I did the replacement of Russian AAA by German AAA equipment. I forgot to do that to the airfields back then. Now it's done.

1 hour ago, GreenLegRyu said:

For the paratroop zones on the front line does it matter the quantity of paratroopers you correctly drop onto the designated area or will it have the same effect on the front if it was 1 instead of all 12 paratroopers?

P.S. Thank you for allowing mouse aim. 

When 10 paratroopers have landed alive inside the dropzone, you get one drop registered to the campaign system.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, VBF-12_Sluggo said:

Love the server, quick question are the pilot lives and tank lives interconnected?  I.e. if I have a pilot and then go to a tank and something bad happens, is that pilot toast also?

They are not connected. I usually switch to tanks when im tired and I dont want to kill my pilot in some stupid way. 😄

• Haha 2

The main towns and cities on the map usually have some sort of industry / warehouse assets already built into them.  For large cities, they can be of a pretty healthy size and some have really neat layouts.  Some cities have more than one industrial area.

I notice that when I am bombing, the target to hit is usually a free-standing complex at the outer edge of the town/city.   

Is it possible to use the pre-built industrial assets in the cities instead of having custom-built locations and could it potentially reduce the server load?   

I think that not only would ground attacking have better immersion but, it would also promote more "realistic" tactics for attack and defense when fighting for these towns. 

It would also be nice if, in fact, using the pre-built (default map asset) areas does reduce the server load.   

Perhaps that could free up room for other interesting features such as random unmapped small AAA units defending each side's territory, ground recon radio truck positions that activate and send radio calls to their team in the immediate area, and small unmapped moving vehicle convoys that can move supply points towards the next depot or to the front lines. 

IMO, that could really create a great dynamic component to the logistics chain meta battle.  Another Idea would be to place vehicles (cars trucks),  AAA vehicles and small troop positions in and around the towns where the depots are active. 

Or... if it does reduce server load, simply, so to speak, "let the server breathe" and keep things generally the same as they are now.

Edited by 69th_Mobile_BBQ
  • Upvote 1

Stats system updated. Parser is catching up on last night's missions.

Edit: and looks like there's some error displaying hurricane sorties, checking.

Hurri sorties are now displayed ok.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
11 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Is it possible to use the pre-built industrial assets in the cities instead of having custom-built locations and could it potentially reduce the server load?   

I think that not only would ground attacking have better immersion but, it would also promote more "realistic" tactics for attack and defense when fighting for these towns. 

It is possible to use those pre-built assets, and I agree that they would be better for immersion. The stations are already done by utilizing them. It's just more manual work, as each of those industrial assets needs to be stored as separate target groups that are picked to the missions by the campaign system. That is, if we'd use those pre-built asset locations, _they_ would be the custom built locations, as current system just has designated "free areas" where the campaign app can drop different types of front/rear depots. In addition, it wouldn't reduce server load by a factor that would be noticeable nor would it enable us to add something else.

11 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Another Idea would be to place vehicles (cars trucks),  AAA vehicles and small troop positions in and around the towns where the depots are active. 

This I have thought about earlier too. This would require placing small "free area" markers inside towns so that the campaign app knows where to place those AAA, cars, and other small objects. Also would require some changes to the campaign app itself on how it places objects into the missions. This could perhaps be done so, that those objects would spawn only when there are enemy units in the area, as friendly units don't really need to be even looking in the friendly towns that much.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, GOA_Karaya_CRI*VR* said:

Some action taken from Finnish in the past month, thanks to the people that make this possible!

Thumbs up for you just because you released a video where you go down yourself instead of these usual F1 view "5 kills with one burst / while washing my teeth / blindfolded and flying with me feet"-videos 😉

...and for good flying!

• Thanks 1
On 11/5/2020 at 6:51 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Good question :) I'm assuming they're not connected. @CountZero How does the tank stats mod handle this?

Some time ago I did the replacement of Russian AAA by German AAA equipment. I forgot to do that to the airfields back then. Now it's done.

They are separate, what you do in airplanes dont effect your player tank stats.

I noticed that engine mod is unlocked for Hurricane in `41 missions. It should be locked so we can have 41 version of hurricane in 41 mission setting. With Merlin XX on boost 14 and 3000 rpm Hurricane can escape 110s and it can achieve 448 kmh on deck with 40mm vicker gunpods.

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
28 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

I noticed that engine mod is unlocked for Hurricane in `41 missions. It should be locked so we can have 41 version of hurricane in 41 mission setting. With Merlin XX on boost 14 and 3000 rpm Hurricane can escape 110s and it can achieve 448 kmh on deck with 40mm vicker gunpods.

Last time i check planset versions are not set by years of war, also if set 2 should have 1941 hurri it would not have 2x40 option also, or if setting is suposed to be set in russia it would not even have 4x20mm... planset is purly for balance, is hurri suposed to fight only 110s? or also 109F2s in set 2? also 110e is faster then 448kmh at deck if hes using also full power.

Dont see why hurri, one of the slowest allied airplanes should be so limited unlike any other airplane, as far i see most modifications are unlocked o any airplane and dont fallow their historical apearence on battle for any airplane on server, and only sets of airplanes available get changed every few days.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, CountZero said:

Last time i check planset versions are not set by years of war, also if set 2 should have 1941 hurri it would not have 2x40 option also, or if setting is suposed to be set in russia it would not even have 4x20mm... planset is purly for balance, is hurri suposed to fight only 110s? or also 109F2s in set 2? also 110e is faster then 448kmh at deck if hes using also full power.

Dont see why hurri, one of the slowest allied airplanes should be so limited unlike any other airplane, as far i see most modifications are unlocked o any airplane and dont fallow their historical apearence on battle for any airplane on server, and only sets of airplanes available get changed every few days.

Well, on this servers 41 missions are Emils and Macchi`s on one side and yaks, migs and hurricanes (With unlocked Melrin XX and all the weapon mods) on the other side. Do you see a problem here? Hurri from 41 (that is without engine mods and all the weapon options) is more than a match for both adversaries in that mission scenario.

• Thanks 1

I think something might be going a miss with the background scrip. The response from the script is very slow. It is to the point that people are getting kicked for taking off from fields that are out of supply but the warnings are not coming through in a timely nature. In some cases the script comes in 10 minutes after the event that triggered it. There is also a considerable amount of lag coming from the server especially in areas of the map where there are a lot of objects.

16 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Well, on this servers 41 missions are Emils and Macchi`s on one side and yaks, migs and hurricanes (With unlocked Melrin XX and all the weapon mods) on the other side. Do you see a problem here? Hurri from 41 (that is without engine mods and all the weapon options) is more than a match for both adversaries in that mission scenario.

So how is that 1941 if its only Emils and Macchis ? where are 109F2 F4 they are 1941 airplanes ? do you se problem ? thats not 1941 planset , server dont have missions by years of war or even historical battles,  so why limit modifications on one airplane calling history as cause of limit, but not do same for others ?

Edited by CountZero
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, ZG15_robtek said:

I think the Hurri IIc and IId should appear with the 109 F4, as it is now it is very unbalanced. imo

Ok so finaly we talk correctly, its all about balance and fun for both sides, planset dont have mutch to do with historical situations.

But let me get this strait, Hurricane ! were talking about Hurricane vs 109E7 and MC202 is to mutch OP because it has 14lbs, that even then makes him slower then them, and that is to hard ! and should be limited to not even have c version, BUT having 262 on last planset is balanced and no problem, lol to have this mindest must be amasing. 

Yes yes hurri is so op that germans cant fight it with 109E7s or MC202s if its not havy limited , but having 262s on missions is just ok , airplane that can not be matched by anything in game , and hurri is one that needs heavy limiting LMAO

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CountZero said:

Ok so finaly we talk correctly, its all about balance and fun for both sides, planset dont have mutch to do with historical situations.

But let me get this strait, Hurricane ! were talking about Hurricane vs 109E7 and MC202 is to mutch OP because it has 14lbs, that even then makes him slower then them, and that is to hard ! and should be limited to not even have c version, BUT having 262 on last planset is balanced and no problem, lol to have this mindest must be amasing. 

Yes yes hurri is so op that germans cant fight it with 109E7s or MC202s if its not havy limited , but having 262s on missions is just ok , airplane that can not be matched by anything in game , and hurri is one that needs heavy limiting LMAO

Apples and Oranges here, the original Hurri was relegated  to ground pounding when the c and d models appeared, because they didn't had the ability to attack fighters being slow and heavy. Not so in this game, stable and able to precisely fire the 20mm hanging on the prop at impossible angles over unralistic distances. Being a efficient ground pounder at the same time against soft and hard targets(40mm). It also has the greatest firepower.

The 262 on the other side appears really late on back airfields, ok, it's fast, but it can't turn, if it starts turning it becomes prey. useless as ground pounder because it's too fast.

Uncomparable.

• Upvote 1

As i said on discord i would put Hurri with .303 only on first planeset then unlock the others mods on planeset 2.

But people complaining about the Hurri being op should fly their 109s better... 🙄

It's not just about weaponry.

Edited by Winterz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some changes:
- Tankspawns should no longer be in the middle of the front troops and artillery. Therefore, tankspawns are no longer valid targets. Their AAA is set to invulnerable, and the heavy AAA will engage also ground targets within around 1500 m radius.

- Naval battles will now have depots and stations.

- Target blocks with multiple buildings, e.g. large industrial blocks, are now handled so that each building you destroy from the block affects the frontline move. For example, a block with five buildings that is worth 1000 points will have each building amount to 200 points. Previously you needed to destroy enough buildings from the block to count the whole block as destroyed and thus affect the frontline.

- Lost planes and tanks and their total value are now shown in the <s command info.

- Warnings about taking off from an airfield that has no plane supply should now be reaching players more quickly.

- Restricted the 4 x Hispanos and Merlin mods from the Hurricane in the first planeset.

- The shape by which the frontline moves was changed a bit. It's now a bit wider along the whole advance area instead of being a sharp pointed triangle.

@LLv34_Untamo will correct/add if I forgot something.

13 hours ago, ZG15_robtek said:

Apples and Oranges here, the original Hurri was relegated  to ground pounding when the c and d models appeared, because they didn't had the ability to attack fighters being slow and heavy. Not so in this game, stable and able to precisely fire the 20mm hanging on the prop at impossible angles over unralistic distances. Being a efficient ground pounder at the same time against soft and hard targets(40mm). It also has the greatest firepower.

The 262 on the other side appears really late on back airfields, ok, it's fast, but it can't turn, if it starts turning it becomes prey. useless as ground pounder because it's too fast.

Uncomparable.

262 in bobp is ground attack airplane, there is no 4 engine bombers in game for them to hunt, they are not build to be fighter vs fighter airplanes, but even thenwhat argument about ground pounding of Hurri have any logic here when server dont even recreates historical enviroments.

You dont get any more balanced then Hurri with any mod vs 109E7 or Mc202 with any mod, and thats somehow not fair!? 

Hurri with 12lbs and 8.303 (IIa)  is as fast or slightly faster then hurri 14lbs with 4x20 hispanos (IIc).

And 109E7 is faster then any of them by 20kmh minimum, 202 is mutch mutch faster then hurri.

But what is needed is HurriIIc/d vs 109F4 for matchup to be fair ?  so when speed advantage is 100kmh insted 20kmh thats balanced ?

Hurri IIa 12lbs change to Hurri IIa 14lbs gets ~11kmh more in speed, this 11kmh in speed still makes him slower then E7 or 202 by more then that,

but to make it fair , to counter that other side needs to have 109F that gets ~80-100kmh added to thier speed advantage of 20kmh, and thats suposed to be fair ?  by what logic ? if server aim is historical insted balanced, then ok have all sets historical, but to argue that only some should be limited based on historical aspects but others based on balanced aspects is comical.

On top of that Hurri IIc/d when it gets 14lbs it just matches speed loss of equiping thouse guns on deck and gets slower then it as it gains altitude, so to counter 11kmh gain on slower airplane its needed 109F4 with 100kmh gain to be fair LOL 

No wonder 262 is on planset, 262 vs any allied airplane is like 109E7 having to fight P-51s, but 109E7 having to fight Hurri 14lbs is to mutch OP as its to same and eaqual for both sides, o man cry me a river it dosent get any balanced then e7 vs hurri and its problem.

And its geting limited imidiatly after 1 day in game on crys from axis, showing obvious bais to one side when Hurricane is a problem, if axis had this cowardly pilots in real war they would lost in Poland 1939 lol.

Edited by CountZero
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2
4 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Some changes:
- Tankspawns should no longer be in the middle of the front troops and artillery. Therefore, tankspawns are no longer valid targets. Their AAA is set to invulnerable, and the heavy AAA will engage also ground targets within around 1500 m radius.

Is 1500m a bit excessive? I can see you driving down a road minding your own business when you are killed by invulnerable guns almost a mile away that you probably can't even see.

19 hours ago, ZG15_robtek said:

Uncomparable.

Prop hanging and shooting form improbable angles over unrealistic distances? Sounds a lot like a 109, or 110's for that matter.

I also find it interesting that this 'unbalance' requires immediate action to address according to the waffle brigade but other aspects of balance and fairness are laughed at by these self same people. Are the numbers wildly and consistently out of balance? Tough luck for you, guess you'll just have to deal with that; or you can just enjoy a 'target rich environment'. Why should problems for the German team be addressed? No, really, why? For years the attitude of the German only players was deal with it. Well, the shoe is on the other foot, if only in some small way. So deal with it.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1