Jump to content
LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, 315_R2r said:

:) would be nice... (just kidding) - but still while asking for historical accuracy you as most of the blue players usually forget about the quantitative advantage of the allies against axis...

 

 

I don't lock myself to one side, I always try to fly on the side which has less players and adapt. Life is so much more fun, when you stop seeing colours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, people are having FPS issues with the Prokhorovka map. Should we change the map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was very bad for me and Apina on Saturday with 970/1080ti cards, had to stop flying. Other people seem to experience all sort of issues during the evening, too.

I would vote for change of map, which is a pity, it was nice to see a new map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello

2 questions on game play for a beginner :

a) I see in stats some players have used late war models . Does that mean we have missions on the Bodenplatte map ? if so where can i see the mission schedules .

b) I played just now early war prokorovka map and i see the alerts over targets , tracer and AAA but not one enemy plane ??!! i stayed in that 0606 area where there are 2 axis targets as defense for 15 mn with multiple presumed attacks ,tracer all over but not one plane appeared on my screen attacking the targets nor was i attacked  !! what is causing this ?

Edited by adler_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

It was very bad for me and Apina on Saturday with 970/1080ti cards, had to stop flying. Other people seem to experience all sort of issues during the evening, too.

I would vote for change of map, which is a pity, it was nice to see a new map.

 

I agree, it's a nice map but the performances on it are just bad atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adler_1 said:

hello

2 questions on game play for a beginner :

a) I see in stats some players have used late war models . Does that mean we have missions on the Bodenplatte map ? if so where can i see the mission schedules .

b) I played just now early war prokorovka map and i see the alerts over targets , tracer and AAA but not one enemy plane ??!! i stayed in that 0606 area where there are 2 axis targets as defense for 15 mn with multiple presumed attacks ,tracer all over but not one plane appeared on my screen attacking the targets nor was i attacked  !! what is causing this ?

 

Best guess... the invisibility bug of which some of us suffer repeatedly...

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viera

 so how do you players go about it when this happens ? try another day ?

Edited by adler_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, adler_1 said:

Viera

 so how do you players go about it when this happens ? try another day ?

 

Land your plane, leave the server and return again. It seems to correct itself. 

 

Only some people have this issue, and the devs still don't know why or when it happens. Make sure you see a plane, tanks or ship every once in a while (all other objects like trucks or parked planes are still visible). If you get suspicious (like when there is an enemy on a radar on your exact location) either run back to your airfield or drop altitude until you can see a tank or a ship.

 

It is very frustrating and by far the worst bug in the game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adler_1 said:

 

a) I see in stats some players have used late war models . Does that mean we have missions on the Bodenplatte map ?

No. We don’t run Bodenplatte map. I think Combat Box scratches that itch nicely now. We do have a rotating planeset, where the plane set changes every two days. For a more thorough explanation of the server mechanics, see the first post in this thread.

Because many people are reporting FPS issues with the map, I changed the map to Kuban.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, adler_1 said:

Viera

 so how do you players go about it when this happens ? try another day ?

invisable bug usealy shows up on heavy missions, on wol i would know it would have big chance on happening on some missions that used moving objects at start so best was to avoid them untill mid and so on... here it was proably cause use of Prokhorovka map that is hardest to use within limits in game. Invisable bug is net problem, data dosent get transmit at time as server-player comunication is overloaded with info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there was a lot of lag yesterday on that map and yet the number of players at that time i played did not exceed 20 . i am following the advice given to me here  which is to reboot .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, adler_1 said:

there was a lot of lag yesterday on that map and yet the number of players at that time i played did not exceed 20

You mean the Prokhorovka map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes Prokorovka , it was on all evening . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, adler_1 said:

it was on all evening

"Evening" being relative timeframe, as I put the Kuban map on yesterday at about 20:45 local time :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello

i live in the Far east thailand , we are 6 hrs ahead of Europe , i played both maps to 2 am my time or your time 8 pm  approx ,  as the time moved forward there was a surge of new players , if i remember correctly we reached almost 40 players by the time i went to bed . The lag was on the Prokorovka map not the Kuban map . The number of players was half . I was mainly on grid 0603 or 0606 defending artillery and troops .

Edited by adler_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 5:15 PM, LeLv30_Redwing said:

forget the historical differences with equipment and tactics used

 

Thats exactly what we are doing... i only propose a bit of fair game for all.... For example , in this map... all Macci and Bf109 are equipped with gunpods and remove head protection. 

This is forgive equipment and tactics  .. no?  we can do it for beneficit of someones... we cant do it for fair and balance game.

 

Really all relationated whit historicity is a waste of time. Dont exist and never will exist. If one day we are close to this historicity... game will be close to death , im sure a big part of this small comunity,  love too much ther little toys and never  will accepted they become defeated.

 

are other ways to balance experience, for made fair the game and provide to both sides,  a similar chances for win a map, etc, etc. Not need fly same planes i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Server currently shown as available, but down. Exiting the Download message doesn't work, you have to reboot Il2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

@GOA_Karaya_VR
You don't happen to have track recording of that flight? Devs would be interested, I think.

I did not have track as well, but I notice very similar behavior - first with ships - depending on the zoom they are rendered or not - sometimes it results in the effect that you can see the torpedo boat but don't see destroyers... And I notice the disappearing of the Ju-52 depending on the zoom level - I spot the dot then try to zoom, and at some point the Ju-52 disappear and then when keeping zooming appear again bit bigger - I am not sure if this is the same bug but it results in the appearing and disappearing of the objects...

Now I am well prepared - have the recording button ready and also screen capture video app waiting for the issue to pop up again...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 315_R2r said:

I am not sure if this is the same bug but it results in the appearing and disappearing of the objects

I think this zooming thing might be different, but yes, keep your record button handy :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a question regarding the targets on the server. Some  objects like "Flakvierling" or "Flak 37 AAA gun" are German equipment, but are used on the red side? Is there a specific reason for that? Just curious ...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

I've got a question regarding the targets on the server. Some  objects like "Flakvierling" or "Flak 37 AAA gun" are German equipment, but are used on the red side? Is there a specific reason for that? Just curious ...

Read a few posts above. There is a hypothesis that Russian equipment is inferior. Haven't had time recently to test the hypothesis.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, got report that the mainline of the fibre optic network our server uses was damaged at a bridge construction site. The repairs are done 12.9. at 03:00-06:00 Finnish time, and there may be network outage at that time. It may be that they will do the repairs even earlier if needed.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 часов назад, 13/JG5Luck сказал:

У меня есть вопрос относительно целей на сервере. Некоторые объекты, такие как" Flakvierling "или" Flak 37 AAA gun", являются немецким оборудованием, но используются на красной стороне? Есть ли для этого какая-то конкретная причина? Просто любопытно ...

Я тоже заметил эту ситуацию с российскими ПВО, они как маленькие дети. Существует очень сильный дисбаланс между синими и красными зенитными орудиями. Неплохо поставить с обеих сторон зенитные орудия одной и той же армии, либо синие ( они стреляют нормально), либо красные ( они как дети), меняя свойства принадлежности к армии нужного типа.

-----------------

Эту ситуацию с русскими ПВО я тоже заметил, они как дети малые. Очень сильный дисбаланс между синими и красными зенитками. Хорошая идея ставить за обе стороны зенитки одной армии, либо синей ( они нормально стреляют ) или красной ( они как дети ), поменяв в свойствах принадлежность к армии нужного типа.

12 часов назад, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

Прочтите несколько постов выше. Есть гипотеза, что российская техника уступает. В последнее время у меня не было времени проверить эту гипотезу.

Спасибо Вам за то, что сделали замену ПВО для баланса, +100 к вашей карме :))

Edited by -=MULT=-CH_P
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey!

What is the addy I'd use to ping the server in a windows command prompt?  I want to check packet loss as I'm getting the boot on a regular basis recently.

For example I use this for CatBox:   ping boxy2.combatbox.net -f -l 1442

Thanks!!

Edited by III./SG77-K_Bobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, III./SG77-K_Bobo said:

Hey!

What is the addy I'd use to ping the server in a windows command prompt?  I want to check packet loss as I'm getting the boot on a regular basis recently.

For example I use this for CatBox:   ping boxy2.combatbox.net -f -l 1442

Thanks!!

Pinging the server is blocked. Log on the server, go to https://il2.flying-barans.ru/ and you see your ping there, but not packet loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salute

 

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/552354/?tour=36

 

in this mission i ditched plane on base , i leave mission alive, but  parser says im killed. 

Maybe i was captured? i was looking for sector i diched plane but i dont find it...  is posible this info was removed... i dont know why, but i have the memory, on stats i can found sector where i ditched. im right? is posible know?

 

thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HRc_Tumu said:

Salute

 

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/552354/?tour=36

 

in this mission i ditched plane on base , i leave mission alive, but  parser says im killed. 

Maybe i was captured? i was looking for sector i diched plane but i dont find it...  is posible this info was removed... i dont know why, but i have the memory, on stats i can found sector where i ditched. im right? is posible know?

 

thx.

There is some percent chance you'll escape from being captured. The more far from the front line, the less chance to escape.
Finnish Virtual Pilots server take all captured pilots as killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HRc_Tumu said:

in this mission i ditched plane on base , i leave mission alive, but  parser says im killed. 

Maybe i was captured? i was looking for sector i diched plane but i dont find it...  is posible this info was removed... i dont know why, but i have the memory, on stats i can found sector where i ditched. im right? is posible know?

 

 

After pressing finish flight, see what the server says to you in chat. Ignore what the top of the page tells you. It most likely told you were captured (which we mark in the logs as killed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok 

The main problem is i was sure the base where i ditched was friendly ( over friendly territory ) and not was enemy... thats the reasson for i want know exactly where i ditched...but seems no posible know.

Thx for answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... just the question, do you have problem to play track from previous version of the game? - today was new patch and now I have issue to open tracks from previous versions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 10:58 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Read a few posts above. There is a hypothesis that Russian equipment is inferior. Haven't had time recently to test the hypothesis.

Spoiler

 

Thanks for the clarification. 

To be honest, I don't understand this discussion and personally I believe it is leading in a wrong direction. We have got a game where the developers tried to simulate the characteristics of planes, tanks, artillery and so on which have been used on both sides. As we know, the material was not equal. I guess they did a good job in simulating the stuff.

As gamers we should handle those individual advantages or disadvantages. For example, you don't try to turn out a Spit or Yak with a FW 190. And you don't try to kill a Tiger on large distance with a Sherman. This is in sink with historic reality. As 80 years ago, you need specific tactics to do your job depending on the equipment you are using. In my mind, this is a big part of the fun. You need to know about the abilities of your stuff and what your opponent would have to offer. This means "simulation" in a war game for me.

We should be careful with the issue of fairness in a war game. How would you achieve this goal? Provide one aircraft model for both sides and one tank model? Only in such a scenario the best pilot or tank man would succeed. Such a scenario would certainly ruin the fun and attract much less user. 

So, I propose to stick to the concept of the game and don't adopt too much. If you adopt it's always a subjective change. Let's have the developers of the game as the "rule makers".

Besides  being a "wise ass" I wanted to thank you for all your work your team is doing to run this server!  

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 13/JG5Luck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

Thanks for the clarification. 

To be honest, I don't understand this discussion and personally I believe it is leading in a wrong direction. We have got a game where the developers tried to simulate the characteristics of planes, tanks, artillery and so on which have been used on both sides. As we know, the material was not equal. I guess they did a good job in simulating the stuff.

As gamers we should handle those individual advantages or disadvantages. For example, you don't try to turn out a Spit or Yak with a FW 190. And you don't try to kill a Tiger on large distance with a Sherman. This is in sink with historic reality. As 80 years ago, you need specific tactics to do your job depending on the equipment you are using. In my mind, this is a big part of the fun. You need to know about the abilities of your stuff and what your opponent would have to offer. This means "simulation" in a war game for me.

We should be careful with the issue of fairness in a war game. How would you achieve this goal? Provide one aircraft model for both sides and one tank model? Only in such a scenario the best pilot or tank man would succeed. Such a scenario would certainly ruin the fun and attract much less user. 

So, I propose to stick to the concept of the game and don't adopt too much. If you adopt it's always a subjective change. Let's have the developers of the game as the "rule makers".

Besides  being a "wise ass" I wanted to thank you for all your work your team is doing to run this server!  

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

Its simplistic thinking so comon for axis side, devs made it just give it to all, its historical.

How many tigers or ferdinands were in kursk in working conditions ? compared to how many soviet tanks ? how many infantry they were facing ? and how that compares to situation on server where you have them in peak conditions outnumbering soviet players ? historical simulation is not just making object to its specs but not having same conditions at battle also. So lets be generous and say half of 84 slots are tank players thats 42 slots for tanks, how many can be soviet slots and howm many german ? who had more tanks in battle should dictate slot availability ? how many % of that number shuld be working tigers and ferdinands 1-2% ? of 13 axis tank only slots ? 

Its like making 100% historical Yamato and then giving all players ability to play with it on server with no limits on slots for japan or american navy and not make all usa navy ships as they had so many...

 

 

Edited by CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't understand your comment. This is a simulation for planes and tanks, but not a simulation for specific battles. It's about a combat situation, it's not a battle simulation. Of course, we need a battlefield to have combat situations.  Don't mix it all up.

If you want to simulate the battles you would need to simulate the dispersion of forces on both sides. Which would be, by the way,  boring for the red side due to the overhelming numbers of the allies. As a red fighter pilot for example you would barely see a German aircraft in all scenarios from beginning of 1944. 

But who is interested in  historical correct results ot game scenarious?  As a gamer,  I don't care about the winner of the Kursk game. I guess most players are looking for the combat simulation in a Tiger, a FW 190, a Spit, Yak or whatever. But when i sit in a Tiger, I don't want to face another Tiger as my opponent. I wan't to fight against a T 34, a Sherman or whatever was available on red side.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really not surprised you do not understand the comment 😄 Why you should bother for the balancing the game for both side when your side is superior...

When it comes to the historical accuracy of the flight model and the damage model all is fine, but when it comes to the historical accuracy of the numbers some how the understanding of plain facts is limited... :)

 

Let instead of Tiger play PZIII against KV-1 or IS tank... Would you? Or have your Tiger, but without any air cover facing 3 P38 with rockets and bombs... Would it be historically accurate...

As a gamer I would say you would never pick the weaker side since looks like you picking the stronger one.... And let the opponent have their problems while you don't have any.

 

You don't have problem with Ju52 on both side for the paradroops do you? But when one side have the jet when another one does not than it is ok for you right?

  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last stats say I died twice yesterday when I totally did not. Once I bailed out just fine, chute opened and I was at our airfield, the other time I landed ON A ROAD with no damage to my plane or pilot and it still said I died.

 

Nr.1: http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/556837/?tour=36

Nr.2: http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/556981/?tour=36

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...