LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

19 hours ago, Mm1ut1 said:

I would like to see the later model tanks put back in the game. I usually play Allied side . Limiting numbers would be ok with me. The gameplay on the server has changed the last few weeks. Seems to me pilots definitely like killing player tanks !
sometimes you can’t get close to enemy ground targets, just like it was at times. 
just my 2 cents.   

The consensus among the red side has been that even in limited numbers Tigers and Panthers are OP and shouldn't be available at all.

14 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I agree that some kind of special handling should be there for the sea battles. Need to think. Any ideas?

The biggest problem IMO is that it results in map rotation. You log on and use <tl to see there are four hours left and then ten minutes later the map rotation message pops up. When everybody is killing the ships, what I see as a player is the scenario repeatedly ending just as I have completed a 30 minute journey to get to a target. I think there should be a minimum duration of at least two hours before the map rotates.

An incentive to protect the ships could be provided by reducing supply if they are sunk, that is what they are doing after all.

On another topic it would be good to move the tank spawns a bit further from the troops and artillery, the current gameplay is that you have a  fifteen minute drive to reach the enemy targets and then an opponent can see the map icon, spawn there immediately, and engage you. If he loses he can just respawn until he 'gets lucky'.

36 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The consensus among the red side has been that even in limited numbers Tigers and Panthers are OP and shouldn't be available at all.

Could Tigers and Panthers be worth a shedload of points if killed, or count as more than one tank against the spawn point capacity? 

7 minutes ago, beresford said:

Could Tigers and Panthers be worth a shedload of points if killed,

This can be done already without code changes. Worthwhile idea.

Perhaps the ships could be "relegated" to be just another depot type.

• Upvote 1

Sooo, how many T-34s do you need to kill a Tiger or a Panther? We can get the value from there :P

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Sooo, how many T-34s do you need to kill a Tiger or a Panther? We can get the value from there :P

This is actually a controversial topic, one argument being that on an open plain the Tiger could shoot a number of T34s due to superior gun and optics, but in an urban environment the advantage is a lot less. What we want is German players considering taking PzIVs, the workhorse of the German army, and Russians feeling that the points haul from killing a Tiger is worth the effort. Some people say that the Panther was at least equivalent to the Tiger as its gun had more armour penetration, its sloped front armour was better than the non-sloped Tiger armour, and of course it was faster. So I'm going to say at least 2.5 as the multiplier. Unfortunately the change that would make more difference is to increase the supply cost so that if the Germans keep taking Tigers they run out of tanks quickly and need a paradrop (imagine Tigers being paradropped).

While we're at it, what is the rationale for excluding the other vehicles? The Russian assault guns aren't really the counterparts of the Panther and Tiger, but it would be fun to lob a 152mm round into the German troops and see what happened. As for the Ferdinand, the biggest problem is that its vulnerability to infantry isn't ,accounted for because there IS no infantry. And it was relatively rare.

Edited by beresford

I killed a tiger and panther with a Sherman. Set up in a good ambush position and let them go by. Definitely hard to do, but the payoff is great !  I think limited numbers and a high point value might work. 
It’s been my experience that Red aircraft aren’t aggressive enough against Blue tanks. When I occasionally play Blue air attacks are seldom. Also Red tanks are usually more numerous and better coordinated (At least in my time slot.). 
Right now Red has a huge advantage because they are much faster off road. German tanks pretty much have to stick to the roads unless playing defense. 
Another suggestion would be to allow later tanks when there is only one sector. 
I think this problem will be resolved when the T-34/85 is available. 
To finish thanks for the great site ! I really enjoy the game as a tanker. It let’s us older guys with poor eyesight and slow reflexes take on the young guns ! 

6 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Infinitive?

How many rounds are in the Tiger or Panther?

And then the player will just respawn with the Tiger again with full ammo load?

My mate and I were about to takeoff to strike a depot once again, when 4 more P-38s spawned and joined us! It was awesome!

Edited by Winterz
  • Like 7

A big thanks to you Winterz for this video, and also to our 4 unknown pilots !

Really cool to join each other in this raid even without radio contact. 👍🤩

17 hours ago, 315_R2r said:

And then the player will just respawn with the Tiger again with full ammo load?

Assuming there are Tigers left. And also, the tankspawns should be moved away from the frontline troops, like some have suggested already.

4 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Assuming there are Tigers left. And also, the tankspawns should be moved away from the frontline troops, like some have suggested already.

Does not destroyed Tiger will reduce the number of Tigers available in the tank spawn?

The one Tiger that will run out of ammo will just re-spawn and will have the Tiger available...

Why do they write to me that my pilot was killed, even though he managed to leave the plane at a sufficient height and his parachute managed to open? There have been several such cases.

17 hours ago, 315_R2r said:

The one Tiger that will run out of ammo will just re-spawn and will have the Tiger available...

If the despawned Tiger isn't added back to the pool, then not. There's a setting for this.

3 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Why do they write to me that my pilot was killed, even though he managed to leave the plane at a sufficient height and his parachute managed to open? There have been several such cases.

You mean the chat? The campaign system checks distances to friendly and enemy units and determines whether you were captured (killed) or not.

48 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The campaign system checks distances to friendly and enemy units and determines whether you were captured (killed) or not.

Thanks for your answer.  I don't understand why my pilot is always killed and not captured, even though in the game he was able to bail out of the plane and escape by parachute

I don't wait for it to land and go to the briefing room. Maybe this is it? Do I have to wait for him to land so that he can be captured instead of being considered dead?

18 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Do I have to wait for him to land so that he can be captured instead of being considered dead?

No. The campaign app will mark the pilot as killed if he gets captured. We don't currently use the game's "captured" status at all within the campaign app.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

No. The campaign app will mark the pilot as killed if he gets captured. We don't currently use the game's "captured" status at all within the campaign app.

Understood, thank you. I saw the "captured" status in the statistics for other players on the server, but I didn't see it for myself. Is there a chance to escape in enemy territory or does it make no sense to bail out there?

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1

4 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Understood, thank you. I saw the "captured" status in the statistics for other players on the server, but I didn't see it for myself. Is there a chance to escape in enemy territory or does it make no sense to bail out there?

If I recall correctly, the disconnect-mod for the stats system marks players as captured if they disconnect soon enough after getting hit etc.

There is a chance to escape on enemy territory, but it's of course lower. There's also another incentive to try to nurse your plane back home: lost player planes affect the frontline move.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

If the despawned Tiger isn't added back to the pool, then not. There's a setting for this.

... mmm, playing the T34 I did not notice that while being far behind enemy lines and running out of ammo and decide to re-spawn instead of going back to the red side that my virtual life as tank-man get impacted by this or if the number of tanks in the spawn I started get reduced... As for the last one will pay more attention to that next time but frankly speaking did not see the reduction in that case.

5 hours ago, 315_R2r said:

my virtual life as tank-man get impacted

So you've never been resolved as "captured" by the campaign app. If so, it sounds like a bug. I do know that the game very often gives "zero" coordinates when finishing a tank sortie. It's probably because of that.

5 hours ago, 315_R2r said:

number of tanks in the spawn I started get reduced

There are two numbers of tanks in the tank spawns: one maintained by campaign app and one maintained by the game's built-in feature.

The campaign app maintained number is a flat one for all types of tanks in the spawn. Take any tank and the number should go down. I have seen chat messages about the tank supply running out, so it can be that the tank spawn has been supplied and that is why you haven't seen it reduced.

The built-in number allows for limiting certain tanks. It was in use for the Tiger and Panther, but we also had the "return" functionality on, so that if you ended tank sortie close enough to the spawn, the Tiger/Panther was returned to the limited pool. This can be turned off, and I think should be off if we ever add the Tiger andor Panther again (or add the Ferdinand). In the current tank set, this built-in limit is not in use at all.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Is there a chance to escape in enemy territory or does it make no sense to bail out there?

Basic principle is this:
Exactly over the frontline the chance to escape is 100%. When you are 50% the way from the frontline to nearest enemy position, your chance to escape is 50%. When you bail directly over the nearest enemy position, chance is zero.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

There are two numbers of tanks in the tank spawns: one maintained by campaign app and one maintained by the game's built-in feature.

The campaign app maintained number is a flat one for all types of tanks in the spawn. Take any tank and the number should go down. I have seen chat messages about the tank supply running out, so it can be that the tank spawn has been supplied and that is why you haven't seen it reduced.

The built-in number allows for limiting certain tanks. It was in use for the Tiger and Panther, but we also had the "return" functionality on, so that if you ended tank sortie close enough to the spawn, the Tiger/Panther was returned to the limited pool. This can be turned off, and I think should be off if we ever add the Tiger andor Panther again (or add the Ferdinand). In the current tank set, this built-in limit is not in use at all.

Confirm, pay attention, it work as described

Prokhorovka.thumb.png.95492ec5a69ad9e4968d77907ea629cb.png

Coming soonish. Mission file size is about 900 KB, so at least that is smaller than current ~1500 KB. Let's hope the map won't be too heavy on the client side.

• Upvote 2

It's awesome!

Is there any chance to see Velikiye Luki aswell one day? Now than we have the summer and winter map for it. :)

The more maps/variety the better. :salute:

1 minute ago, Winterz said:

It's awesome!

Is there any chance to see Velikiye Luki aswell one day? Now than we have the summer and winter map for it. :)

The more maps/variety the better. :salute:

Velikie luki needs smaller target groups, or people need to accept that targets can be under tree cover :)

Do you guys plan to implement something  CB did with the SRS radio calling out actions automatically? 

I haven't tried it but the reactions are positive on the forums.

To be honest I am talking from the sidelines now but I plan to return at some point and when I do it's always the Finnish server for me.

Server is now running Prokhorovka map. Please report any bugs you find.

Station icons are bugged. Fixing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Fixed a couple more bugs.

Next time the mission rotates, instead of rotating, the server should restart.

On 5/25/2020 at 11:51 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Some changes have taken place. Tanks availability per mission is now:

German tanks:
Panzer III: unlimited.
Panzer IV: unlimited.
Tiger: 2
Panther: 4

Soviet tanks:
T-34: unlimited.

SU-122: 10

Sherman: unlimited.

SU-152: 5

KV-1: 20

It is possible to replenish the limited number tanks by making a successful paradrop on the frontline.

Also added a couple of new target groups and made first tweak to artilleries so that they could have more protection from tanks. More to come for the artilleries.

Unless there is some more recent post, I could not find it, but why is the tank set missing the free tanks "Panzer III L" and "T-34/76 STZ"?

I do not have Tank Crew, but I played a few months ago on this server and I remember it having the two free tanks that come standard with the regular game. Makes me sad that I can't use tanks on this server anymore 🙁

I also do notice the strange tank sets, so it still remains undecided what the tank sets will be and this is a placeholder?

PcfZsTs.png

18 minutes ago, Saumbritter said:

Unless there is some more recent post, I could not find it, but why is the tank set missing the free tanks "Panzer III L" and "T-34/76 STZ"?

I do not have Tank Crew, but I played a few months ago on this server and I remember it having the two free tanks that come standard with the regular game. Makes me sad that I can't use tanks on this server anymore 🙁

I also do notice the strange tank sets, so it still remains undecided what the tank sets will be and this is a placeholder?

PcfZsTs.png

Iirc the reason for the missing "free" tanks is the bugged damage model they have.

2 hours ago, Saumbritter said:

I played a few months ago on this server and I remember it having the two free tanks that come standard with the regular game.

We haven't had them for quite a long time.

Are planned do something about AAA ?

Due planetset present on first years, with more slowly planes,  situation becomes worst

Thx

:)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, HRc_Tumu said:

Are planned do something about AAA ?

Due planetset present on first years, with more slowly planes,  situation becomes worst

Thx

No plans currently.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

OK, thx, important is you are aware.  

I cant understand why is needed preserver this advantage. I allways think blue side is enought competent for play at same game that reds playing... but seems im wrong  ,   kill red position need be a child task for blue players.  Ok for me. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, HRc_Tumu said:

cant understand why is needed preserver this advantage

Front troops, artillery, and depots have German AAA equipment on the Russian side. Has been for some days already. Need to do the switch for Prokhorovka stations too.

I’m glad you’re ok that German AAA is ok for you.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

1 hour ago, HRc_Tumu said:

OK, thx, important is you are aware.  

I cant understand why is needed preserver this advantage. I allways think blue side is enought competent for play at same game that reds playing... but seems im wrong  ,   kill red position need be a child task for blue players.  Ok for me. 

Should we fly the same planes also so neither side would have no advantage with size of the bombs or more effective ammunition? You know, let's forget the historical differences with equipment and tactics used because of them and go for 100% balance while we are at it, let's pick just one plane for both sides to use!

7 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Iirc the reason for the missing "free" tanks is the bugged damage model they have.

4 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

We haven't had them for quite a long time.

Ok I understand, developers forgot about them I guess.

I was mistaken then, must have been another server I was playing on that had the "free" tanks a few months back. But I do recall now that you mention it, it was a very long time ago, yes. Back when this server had objectives where waves of moving tanks would spawn and drive toward the others defense position.

5 часов назад, LeLv30_Redwing сказал:

Должны ли мы летать на одних и тех же самолетах, чтобы ни одна из сторон не имела преимущества в размерах бомб или более эффективных боеприпасов? Вы знаете, давайте забудем исторические различия с оборудованием и тактикой, используемой из-за них, и пойдем на 100% баланс, пока мы находимся в этом, давайте выберем только один самолет для использования обеими сторонами!

вы, вероятно, не в курсе этой дискуссии. Я рекомендую прочитать его на последних двух страницах. Крайности-это не наш выбор .

----

вы наверно не в курсе данного обсуждения. Рекомендую ознакомиться с ним на последних двух страницах. Крайности - не наш вариант .

Edited by -=MULT=-CH_P

6 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Should we fly the same planes also so neither side would have no advantage with size of the bombs or more effective ammunition? You know, let's forget the historical differences with equipment and tactics used because of them and go for 100% balance while we are at it, let's pick just one plane for both sides to use!

:) would be nice... (just kidding) - but still while asking for historical accuracy you as most of the blue players usually forget about the quantitative advantage of the allies against axis...

Which is never mapped here :)

Usually there is more blue players on the server then red one...

Yeah, I know, I am for balanced game - strange right...

On 9/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Server is now running Prokhorovka map. Please report any bugs you find.

Station icons are bugged. Fixing.

No bugs noticed in the game or server, only issue is that the map get the issue with fps drop - my self get it after 30-40 min game start dropping to even 4 fps, making impossible to play - quit the game, will see if that repapers again after connect next time

unknown.png