LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

yesterday we had the problem twice that I was standing on the airfield and I couldn't see the other planes. but the others could see me. that happened to me and another pilot. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, FLY_ said:

Very difficult communicate with disabled person.

Watch your language or we will get the mods involved.

As for ideas / suggestions flying around here:

Currently we're having summer vacation == forced labor camp for family men with houses ;)  .. So hold your horses. When autumn strikes, we'll have more time to implement stuff.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

47 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias said:

yesterday we had the problem twice that I was standing on the airfield and I couldn't see the other planes. but the others could see me. that happened to me and another pilot. 

Unfortunately a known bug that happens in all servers without any warning...

• Upvote 1

Тревога :)
Сервера не видно в сети.
Пожалуйста вколите адреналин серверу.

------------------------------------

Alarms :)
The server is not visible on the network.
Please inject some adrenaline into the server.

• Like 1

What he said !

Something with my tweak to planeset 5 broke the system. I put set 3 now running while I try to pinpoint the reason.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:59 PM, -SF-Disarray said:

It would be interesting to see how things play out if the high end planes of a set were limited. You could call it a representation of how the best equipment isn't immediately available in ubiquitous numbers.

I certainly like the idea. I'm not sure if most players would, though. It's doable already with current system, just needs a bit of setting up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Something with my tweak to planeset 5 broke the system. I put set 3 now running while I try to pinpoint the reason.

I certainly like the idea. I'm not sure if most players would, though. It's doable already with current system, just needs a bit of setting up.

Please don't make your server like the others with a restricted aircraft type mechanism Temuri.  This is a great server Temuri and right now it is squad friendly in the way large squads can log on and all fly the same aircraft as a squadron.  My squad like to fly your server because we can operate as a squad without aircraft restrictions and over-scripted scenarios.  We like your server because it is not over-scripted and over-controlled like some others and the rules and regulations are reasonable and for grown ups.  I think we need MP servers to be different from each other and provide variety.  Too many other servers already restrict some aircraft types, so please don't go down that road and stick to your own current recipe.  I also hate all the long on-going arguments on the forum threads that are caused, and cause ill will, when restrictions are implemented for some aircraft different to others. 

Thank you for your consideration and for providing such a good server.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Please don't make your server like the others with a restricted aircraft type mechanism

This is what I meant in by ”not sure if most players would”. I remember discussing this with 56RAF guys some time ago already. :)

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Please don't make your server like the others with a restricted aircraft type mechanism Temuri.  This is a great server Temuri and right now it is squad friendly in the way large squads can log on and all fly the same aircraft as a squadron.  My squad like to fly your server because we can operate as a squad without aircraft restrictions and over-scripted scenarios.  We like your server because it is not over-scripted and over-controlled like some others and the rules and regulations are reasonable and for grown ups.  I think we need MP servers to be different from each other and provide variety.  Too many other servers already restrict some aircraft types, so please don't go down that road and stick to your own current recipe.  I also hate all the long on-going arguments on the forum threads that are caused, and cause ill will, when restrictions are implemented for some aircraft different to others. 

Thank you for your consideration and for providing such a good server.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

What would stop you guys from all flying something that isn't the best plane available? Oh, good golly gosh, you might have to fly F2's rather than F4's, or shock-horror Yak 1's instead of Yak 7's. The humanity! I could see how that could really be problematic for you guys. I'm not saying they should replicate the entire order of battle for the two sides as closely as we can in game or whatever 'overly scripting the scenario' means. I'm just saying limiting the best planes on each side in numbers might make for more interesting situations.

The reasons I think this could be a good thing are two fold. Fist it would add a bit of verity to the fighting. Right now if you look at the plane set you can almost predict how things are going to be on the server sight unseen. If it is an eastern front plane set you won't be far wide the mark thinking that the teams will be stacked in favor of the German side and most of them will be flying whatever the best fighter they have is. If it is a western front plane set the sides will even out a bit and mostly it will be K4/D9's fighting Tempests. Also you will probably see people in 262's very bravely strafing airfields. Why not break the monotony in a way that won't hamstring people who aren't flying literally the best plane they can get their hands on all the time? The second reason is to do with the team numbers. Sure there is nothing that can be done about that, a sizable section of the community has no interest if fair play and I'll just have to get used to that, but at least with the best planes not being ubiquitous if you are on the minority side you won't have to fight the best planes all the time.

• Upvote 1

Good day, friends!
I flew today, but I didn't see any enemies. I only saw AA fire.
Flew low and was shot down by an invisible man !
Track are making

https://yadi.sk/d/sWoCm-vWIEqNKg

Posted (edited)

The Order of Suvorov was intended  for generals and colonels. Please change for the Order of Red Star. This were often awarded to pilots.

iLS5LKUT5.jpg

Edited by Skin

Is it possible to add the grid number to the mission description in regards to cities that must be captured?  

For example:    City name (X)  in Grid number (XXXX) must be captured to win.

It would make it easier for those unfamiliar with the map to find the cities needed to be won / defended and plan accordingly.   Many people don't know where to begin to look for some of these places on maps that have a hundred or more named locations.   I believe that some maps are lost because the majority of people don't realize that the last capture point is in peril so they prioritize other attacks elsewhere believing that they are making a meaningful advance.    

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

How can I be killed two times?

Might be you died and the campaign app just made sure you did, or stats system thing. :)

9 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Is it possible to add the grid number to the mission description in regards to cities that must be captured?  

Doable. We already have the grid numbers in the mapped towns list. Needs campaign app code change though.

27 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Might be you died and the campaign app just made sure you did, or stats system thing

In that case stats are in the mess.

9 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Might be you died and the campaign app just made sure you did, or stats system thing. :)

Doable. We already have the grid numbers in the mapped towns list. Needs campaign app code change though.

Thank You!    

The main reason I brought it up was the last map saw Russia making a 77km advance in sector #2 while Germany made a 20km advance in sector #1 when they only needed less than 20km to win.  

I even had a hard time finding the last city on the map when it was literally in the center of a soon-to-be completed encirclement.  I'm sure many others that would have played the map strategically had no idea that the map was going to be lost in that round so, they went for what looked like the "best" place to push instead.  

I was first thinking about having icons in the mission to show the objectives, but decided against it since people might confuse them with mission targets.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:34 PM, -SF-Disarray said:

(Snip)....You might have to fly F2's rather than F4's, or shock-horror Yak 1's instead of Yak 7's. The humanity! 

Good 'ol Yak 1 is my favorite out of all of them, so no issue there. Granted, any sane person would go for the 7 or 1b for combat action any day. 

I do wonder why the MiG-3 isn't available though.   Is it map dependent or did some high-altitude Ju-88/He-111 drivers get mad somewhere along the way of the server development? 

I know the P-47 is now available, but to be honest, I'd rather have the MiG for bomber intercepts at 6km.

2 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I was first thinking about having icons in the mission to show the objectives, but decided against it since people might confuse them with mission targets.

Yes, I can see that.  Just having the grid numbers for the cities in the mission description should suffice for those that are interested in strategic long term dynamic play.

Р 38 больше не будет на карте Кубани ? Я купил этот самолет, чтобы штурмовать его на вашем сервере. И он ушел. Можно ли его вернуть ?

Posted (edited)
3 часа назад, -=MULT=-CH_P сказал:

Р 38 больше не будет на карте Кубани ?

Будет через пару дней в следующем плейнсете. Смотри сайт-Finnish Virtual Pilots Association's IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad server's statistics page-там подробное расписание.

Edited by Skin

I might be blind or dumb (probably both based on my flying...), but where do I see the current planeset that is being used in the mission?

9 hours ago, Nadelbaum said:

Maybe the server hosts can explain why ts3 subdomain exists

The ts3 host is used for our TeamSpeak server, which the members of the association use. It was there before the stats, but we added the stats one, since it's more logical to use for stats.

49 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The ts3 host is used for our TeamSpeak server, which the members of the association use. It was there before the stats, but we added the stats one, since it's more logical to use for stats.

Clear. And I guess it is expected that Current Mission page there is missing information. In any case I'm fine now with the correct subdomain pages. Thank you both of you!

Posted (edited)

В статистике баг. Нет отображения пилотов которых сбил мой стрелок ( 2 самолёта ), прошу исправить. Скриншоты прикладываю. Кстати с сервером что случилось, многих игроков выкинуло. Может это как то связано. http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/ru/sortie/501812/?tour=36  А вот ещё такой же баг, немного раньше по времени, Нет отображения пилотов, которых сбил мой стрелок в журнале вылета. http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/ru/sortie/501750/?tour=36

Sorry, I copied the wrong translation.

There is a bug in the statistics. There is no display of pilots who were shot down by my shooter ( 2 planes ), please correct. I attach screenshots. By the way, what happened to the server, many players were thrown out. Maybe this is somehow related. http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/ru/sortie/501812/?tour=36 And here is another bug, a little earlier in time, there Is no display of pilots who were shot down by my shooter in the departure log. http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/ru/sortie/501750/?tour=36

18ebe4aeb171t.jpg

Edited by -=MULT=-CH_P
Addition to the Bug

,Пролетев около месяца, я могу с уверенностью сказать, что сервер на 100% подходит для синей команды. Особенно удивил летчик (Ки) из эскадрильи LBR ,который с такими балансами уничтожал меня при атаке наземных целей ! Как Вам Не Стыдно !

6ec5079e6701t.jpgПолетав около месяца могу сказать с уверенностью, сервер 100 % для Синей команды. Особо удивляют пилот(ки) из сквада LBR, которые при таких балансах истребляют меня при штурмовке наземных целей ! Позор Вам !

Posted (edited)

Обратите внимание на пользователя LBR=HBartels, после неудачного исхода боя он нажимает кнопку "Выйти из игры" ( отключен)

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/ru/sortie/log/501882/?tour=36

Обратите внимание на юзера LBR=HBartels, после неудачного исхода битвы, он нажимает " Выйти из игры " ( DISCONNECTED)

44e4948f7fcat.JPG
вот еще один рейс, где вы можете увидеть скидку после отказа

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/ru/sortie/log/501997/?tour=36

e995d6cbcc1bt.jpg

Edited by -=MULT=-CH_P
Addition

7 hours ago, -=MULT=-CH_P said:

There is a bug in the statistics. There is no display of pilots who were shot down by my shooter ( 2 planes ), please correct.

The stats system and in-game statistics do not match. This is due to the stats system, and we can't do anything about it.

• Thanks 1

Is there any specific reason why this server is the only place in all of IL-2 BoX (either single player or multiplayer, that i know of) that has authentic looking pillboxes?  I always thought the game should have something just like it, until I first saw that they actually exist in this server.  More servers and single player missions/campaigns should utilize them!

Hi Pilots!

Here is my brand new movie, recorded on the server :

Thanks for the great server!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yes. Looking at it.

Edit: Server starting now. Sorry for the delay.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The campaign is very good and a lot of fun. But can you use the planes historically? A 262 doesn't fit the Kuban like a Tempest .

27 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias said:

The campaign is very good and a lot of fun. But can you use the planes historically? A 262 doesn't fit the Kuban like a Tempest .

Thank you.

Our philosophy has been to put into use the planes that the devs provide. The planeset rotates every two IRL days, so after a couple of days there should be a more appropriate set available.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

What is with the Philosophy for the Tanks who the Devs provide?

We miss many of them!

Tank set is trickier to balance, so for now we go with what we have.

Почему из 18 миссий  - 2 миссии по 5 часов и только 2 миссии по 6 часов ?  . Остальные 14 миссий  продолжительностью до 2 часов .

2020-08-13_170433.png