LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

On 5/30/2020 at 6:28 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

I’m thinking it’s either the distant buildings setting being off (turned it on earlier today) or that we generally don’t have logic attached to the blocks. If it’s the latter, I’d say it’s a damn annoying bug of the engine :)

Edit: some of the used blocks seem to have a crappy LOD too, which is funny, because was just looking at a depot from quite far away, could see many of the smaller buildings, but not the big hangars.

Temuri - I can confirm I have this problem too. I led the bombers of 56RAF on a high-level bombing mission of Axis Depot #1 and simply could not see it from about 3.5km altitude in the bomb sight.

We went back at low level and it only popped into view when I zoomed in at relatively short distance.

Definitely a LOD problem, I would say.

Cheers,

56RAF_phoenix

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Baccap_VR said:

What does forced removal from the server mean? Why am I being removed from the server?

You took off from an airfield that had no plane supply available. You will get warnings in the chat about this when you spawn on the airfield,  and if you take off, the server will kick you.

17 часов назад, LLv34_Untamo сказал:

You took off from an airfield that had no plane supply available. You will get warnings in the chat about this when you spawn on the airfield,  and if you take off, the server will kick you.

Got it. Many thanks.:)

I just turn off the chat, and therefore did not notice. But now I will keep in mind:pilot:

4 hours ago, Baccap_VR said:

Got it. Many thanks.:)

I just turn off the chat, and therefore did not notice. But now I will keep in mind:pilot:

You can use the <p chat command to get information about the plane availability in the airfields.

Hello all is the plane set on server historical? or all planes on any map is avalible?

Contacts visible is Alternative or like on TAW and WoL?

If all planes are avalible on any map is there are any plan to do historical plane set on a maps?

Sorry for some stupid questions :))

20 minutes ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

Hello all is the plane set on server historical? or all planes on any map is avalible?

Contacts visible is Alternative or like on TAW and WoL?

If all planes are avalible on any map is there are any plan to do historical plane set on a maps?

Not strictly historical planesets. Check stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/info/ for idea about planesets.

Contact visibility is the normal one, so not alternate.

Good afternoon!! I Often encounter this problem

#30: invalid response from the master server

# 10009: Connection to the game server is lost

11.png

22.png

1 hour ago, =SA=Semz said:

Good afternoon!! I Often encounter this problem

I think this is something to report to the developers.

The new "Objectives" implementation is running on the server. What it means is that we can now define victory objectives (towns) for each side. When one side has reached the objectives, victory is triggered, so no more "capture all but one airfield on the map".

Also changed map to Kuban (Prokhorovka is still under works).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tank shells fly through the equipment standing on the enemy's front without damaging them

5 hours ago, =SA=Semz said:

Tank shells fly through the equipment standing on the enemy's front without damaging them

Could you show a track/video of this?

Posted (edited)

There's now mission generation logic that will ensures minimum distance between depots and stations. So you shouldn't get tight clusters of stations and depots anymore.

Edit: I set the minimum distance to 15 km for now.

Edit edit: In addition, the objectives are now visible on the map on the stats site: http://stats.virtualpilots.fi/

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Yesterday I could not destroy the bridge in sector 0818 sector 9. tank Shells flew through the bridge and exploded on the other Bank on the ground Video from the front.

https://transfiles.ru/fsoak

12 minutes ago, =SA=Semz said:

Yesterday I could not destroy the bridge in sector 0818 sector 9. tank Shells flew through the bridge and exploded on the other Bank on the ground Video from the front.

https://transfiles.ru/fsoak

Thanks! So it seems we might need to tune the durability of the bridges.

Still on the untouched fronts there were empty breastworks without guns, tanks and machine-gunners.

4 minutes ago, =SA=Semz said:

Still on the untouched fronts there were empty breastworks without guns, tanks and machine-gunners.

Do you mean the ones at the tank spawns? Those are empty on purpose.

31 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Hi Temuri?

Will mods (Reshade, VRE) be allowed on your server?

For the time being, yes.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, --YOZHIK-- said:

As long as default visability in this game is crapy as heck people will be using stuff like this, in old games visability of contacts was mutch better then here so this kined of stuff was not a problem, atleast devs add option to not have it and players and servers can decide if on or off is what they need. Spotting we have in this game is not normal and no wonder other programs like this are popular.

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 1

Spotted on Russian forum that the tank gunner AI would be active again. Is this the case? It's set as locked in server settings.

Posted (edited)

https://ru.files.fm/u/yzngv47c#sign_up

Unkillable military equipment at the front, even icons are not 95% in the record. Sector 0818 - 9

I tried to bomb, shoot at tanks and other equipment, the result does not change. All projectiles fly through without causing damage.

Edited by =SA=Semz

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =SA=Semz said:

https://ru.files.fm/u/yzngv47c#sign_up

Unkillable military equipment at the front, even icons are not 95% in the record. Sector 0818 - 9

Thank you. I'll take a look.

Edit: Looks damn strange. Those trucks have an entity in the source group files that are used to generate the mission, but in the mission itself, they show up as if they don't have the entity.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

14 hours ago, --YOZHIK-- said:

Wow, didn't know Reshade have such impact on visibility and spotting!

13 hours ago, CountZero said:

As long as default visability in this game is crapy as heck people will be using stuff like this, in old games visability of contacts was mutch better then here so this kined of stuff was not a problem, atleast devs add option to not have it and players and servers can decide if on or off is what they need. Spotting we have in this game is not normal and no wonder other programs like this are popular.

Yes but it gives disparity between players and makes MP waste of time (it is sublevel of cheating imo), wasn't aware how much difference these mods do as i don't use them, more and more i avoid MP since this subjects emerge in the community and forum!

It's not easy flying blind in VR vs. monitor users using Reshade and tir owl neck.

Good thing i have squad to fly with so that disparity becomes less of an issue.

No more lone wolfing for me!

Hello! In your new planeset, yak 9 and yakT are missing. Is this a mistake, or a matter of principle?

Posted (edited)

Mistake. They should be there. I’ll check.

Edit: or do you mean the picture at stats site? That’s not mistake, just not time to edit the picture :)

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Now I saw that these planes are on the server. So you just forgot to write them down))

2 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Thank you. I'll take a look.

Edit: Looks damn strange. Those trucks have an entity in the source group files that are used to generate the mission, but in the mission itself, they show up as if they don't have the entity.

Unfortunately, non-killable objects did not disappear. You can drive through them. Video https://ru.files.fm/u/pjcp6ebx

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, =SA=Semz said:

Unfortunately, non-killable objects did not disappear. You can drive through them. Video https://ru.files.fm/u/pjcp6ebx

Yeah. I didn't say I had a fix.

Edit: Looks like it was the same kind of target group. Removed it now. Let's see if it still bugs. Effective next mission rotation.

Edit edit: And looks like it didn't work.

Edit edit edit: Might have found the cause last night, and did something that might have fixed this.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Hi Pilots!

Some action from the Finnish server in my newest movie :

Thanks for watching and thank you for your great server! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Something seems to be broken. In the mission running right now I keep getting told I'll be kicked if I try to take off from because there are no planes available. But when I use the <p command the script tells me there are plenty of spawns available at all of the fields I was trying to use.

Posted (edited)

@-SF-Disarray

You spawned on Krasnoarmeyskaya, which said in the <p command:
"Planes available on sector #1 - Front airfield: Slavyanskaya 32/35 - Rear airfield: Krasnoarmeyskaya 0/35 - Temp airfield: Anastasievskaya 0/35 - Tank spawn: 26/30"

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Perhaps it was some lag in the script? I know I tried some other fields as well and it continued to report that I'd be kicked. This also happened to another person at the same time. Eventually the problem stopped by itself so it was probably a fluke.

5 minutes ago, -SF-Disarray said:

Perhaps it was some lag in the script?

The messages are buffered, and if there are a lot of players getting a lot of messages, then yes, there can be a significant delay.

After consideration, we have decided to turn on the Restrict Injectors setting on the server. This is due to how simple it is to e.g. see through trees and clouds via the use of graphics injectors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 11

Posted (edited)

I ve no shaders etc. I did have the 3dmigoto but I uninstalled it with OGVME but still can not enter arena. I'm in vr if that makes a difference.

Jokkr

Edited by JG51_jokkr

FYI:
Thunderstorm incoming, electric outages to the server expected.

8 hours ago, JG51_jokkr said:

I ve no shaders etc. I did have the 3dmigoto but I uninstalled it with OGVME but still can not enter arena. I'm in vr if that makes a difference.

I had ReShade, and I had to reinstall the whole game. Even though I manually removed all the reshade files, the game still didn't accept me.