LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

49 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

What was the reason?

I was using single spawner MCU for the NDBs at the depot. Let's see if changing to use individual ones helped.

I also put the spotter back, because it didn't seem to be about the spotter.

Yak-9 and Yak-9T added to rotating planeset. I put Yak-9 accessible from planeset 4 onwards and Yak-9T accessible from planeset 5 onwards, so they should both be flyable currently. Report if they happen to have locked mods or loadouts.

Tank AI gunners are set to be locked. Report if you still can use the AI gunners.

Techchat stays on.

Next, I'll update the stats system. It will be down until it's updated.

I'll be adding the SU-152 a bit later.

Some changes. Effective after next mission rotation:
Initial number of tanks at tank spawn is now 10, with maximum of 30.
Frontline tank spawns on opposing sides should have 8 km distance between them.

Initial number of airplanes at regular airfields is now 25, with maximum 35.

Posted (edited)

For red Side all Tanks are unlimited, blue had only 2x Panthers, unlimeted PZIII (Paper Tank) und PZIV!

What a Joke.

Edited by 1./JG42flesch
  • Like 1

It will be correct to provide artillery positions with protection from ground equipment, as at the front.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, =SA=Semz said:

It will be correct to provide artillery positions with protection from ground equipment, as at the front.

I agree. Will change artillery groups when time permits.

You might start seeing some medals on the Awards tab of the pilot profile. I'm not 100% sure of how the awards work :P

• Like 1

Right now I'm not able to get into action in Finnish server...I got stuck downloading files from server...restarted several times and always got there.

Any issue?

2 minutes ago, 4SCT_Vespa said:

Right now I'm not able to get into action in Finnish server...I got stuck downloading files from server...restarted several times and always got there.

Any issue?

Did you try deleting the mission files? Should be in the multiplayer folder and named something with moscow(...) dunno the exact name

Some changes have taken place. Tanks availability per mission is now:

German tanks:
Panzer III: unlimited.
Panzer IV: unlimited.
Tiger: 2
Panther: 4

Soviet tanks:
T-34: unlimited.

SU-122: 10

Sherman: unlimited.

SU-152: 5

KV-1: 20

It is possible to replenish the limited number tanks by making a successful paradrop on the frontline.

Also added a couple of new target groups and made first tweak to artilleries so that they could have more protection from tanks. More to come for the artilleries.

LLv34, don't blame me for the following question...but I rarely find the Macchi C202 available in the server. Would it be possible to add it in more scenarios?

Thanks a lot for your patience.

9 minutes ago, 4SCT_Vespa said:

LLv34, don't blame me for the following question...but I rarely find the Macchi C202 available in the server. Would it be possible to add it in more scenarios?

Thanks a lot for your patience.

The Folgore is available in the first three of the rotating planesets. We rotate the planeset every two days. Currently we’re on set 8. So after set 9, you’ll get the C202 by the end of the week for six days.

Sadly server become all about camping and vulching over spawn bases, on both sides!

There was no airbase without enemy upon it tonight!

Airfields being close to front and to eachother is camper/vulcher paradise, while front being last in priority!

My suggestion is to increase distances between them and front or set airfield AA on max accuracy!

Posted (edited)

Is there a way to include phase(planset) name in mission name, i ask as usealy when im deciding to join server from lobby i look at mission name and by it i know what airplanes to expect, but here mission name dosent give me hints on what phase is on, its nothing important i know i just ask if not hard to add maybe add, or im missing some clue in how to know what phase is on now?

Edited by CountZero

On 5/27/2020 at 6:03 PM, CountZero said:

Is there a way to include phase(planset) name in mission name, i ask as usealy when im deciding to join server from lobby i look at mission name and by it i know what airplanes to expect, but here mission name dosent give me hints on what phase is on, its nothing important i know i just ask if not hard to add maybe add, or im missing some clue in how to know what phase is on now?

There is, it can be put to the server or mission name, but then we’d need the campaign app to edit the sds file, and I wouldn’t want to do that. Stats page is the place to go :)

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

There is, it can be put to the server or mission name, but then we’d need the campaign app to edit the sds file, and I wouldn’t want to do that. Stats page is the place to go :)

Having info on stats page is good enough. I just missed it when i look for it.

Edited by CountZero

Posted (edited)

I dont know why but ground objects on this server renders so bad. Depot was invisible from 5.5 k and just knew it was there because some weird lines. From the gunner you can zoom and see where the objects are. Level bombing useless here. 

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Upvote 1

S! 

@E69_geramos109 I have bombed a plenty on the server from 3-5km altitude and never had issues seeing the targets, especially depots and railway stations. Even other targets are somewhat visible from well over 10km. Could it be your settings? 

1 hour ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

@E69_geramos109 I have bombed a plenty on the server from 3-5km altitude and never had issues seeing the targets, especially depots and railway stations. Even other targets are somewhat visible from well over 10km. Could it be your settings? 

I dont know. I have no problems with spoting building on any other populated server. My teammates had similar isue, even at low alt they had dificulties spoting the depots because they neded zoom. Try 6k maybe there you find more isue. I will keep touching things on my config to be sure is not that the isue. 

By the way can you share with me your grafic setings so I can try with it? Thanks

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2020 at 5:45 PM, E69_geramos109 said:

I dont know why but ground objects on this server renders so bad. Depot was invisible from 5.5 k and just knew it was there because some weid lines. From the gunner you can zoom and see where the objects are. Level bombing useless here. 

I’m thinking it’s either the distant buildings setting being off (turned it on earlier today) or that we generally don’t have logic attached to the blocks. If it’s the latter, I’d say it’s a damn annoying bug of the engine :)

Edit: some of the used blocks seem to have a crappy LOD too, which is funny, because was just looking at a depot from quite far away, could see many of the smaller buildings, but not the big hangars.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

How to destroy the Volgas bridge?

14 minutes ago, Skin said:

How to destroy the Volgas bridge?

It’s made of several pontoon bridge parts. Should be registered as destroyed when enough parts are destroyed.

• Thanks 1

Hey Guys, 

i keep getting kicked. can you tell me why?

Is it bad ping or something? 

6 hours ago, Julz said:

Hey Guys, 

i keep getting kicked. can you tell me why?

Is it bad ping or something? 

There hasn't been a ping kick for anyone with your name (is your in-game name Julz?) for at least last couple of days in the logs.

If you have a friend on the server, ask if they saw a server info message saying something like "no coordinated updates from Julz...". After getting that message, the player is usually dropped from the server and there is no log entry about it. And because of that, we don't know what causes it, but if it happens to you, please report it to the devs.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2020 at 12:06 PM, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

I've had problems to find a tent base in the middle in the fields before 4.006 several times. But what makes me angry is when I bomb enemy airfields, nothing is destroyed on server .

Edited by 1stCL/rudidlo

2 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

I've had problems to find a tent base in the middle in the fields before 4.006 several times. But what makes me angry is when I bomb enemy airfields, nothing is destroyed on server .

Airfields are not targets on this server.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Airfields are not targets on this server.

If Airfields are well protected by AA, I do not understand why it should be not a target.

Also, I was fully agree (even if it was not in my profit) to defend Artillery positions. But now, it is simply impossible to attack Artillery positions (what remain for tanks as targets????)

The AA are firing at too far distance and are deadly (as always). Why do not use simple anti-tank guns firing at 1000 meters like on Tank positions. Even some defending medium or light tanks should be better for every ones.

As per proposal, tankers can have additional target and artillery positions should be not so easy to attack...do not forget also that the Tank spawn on artillery position is a possible defense position.

Edited by CCG_Pips

1 minute ago, CCG_Pips said:

The AA are firing at too far distance and are deadly (as always). Why do not use simple anti-tank guns firing at 1000 meters like on Tank positions. Even some defending medium or light tanks should be better for every ones.

There's currently one heavy AAA set to engage ground targets at the artillery. Perhaps it's just too accurate.

In addition, the howitzers now engage ground targets. I was testing them before adding the attack ground targets command, and found out that as long as you don't stay in same spot for long, you should not be hit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This morning, I was not on spot  and I even still not saw the artillery position when I was hit by one bullet and killed !!!

Artillery positions should be a natural and prioritarly target for tanks, so medium defense is acceptable but not a too heavy one.

Edited by CCG_Pips

CCG_Pips what, destroying artillery positions with impunity and leaving the server until the next mission is no longer possible. You are afraid to go to the front, because there you can ruin your statistics. The admin did the right thing to protect the artillery positions from such players. I'm surprised that Colosky is still silent.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, =SA=Semz said:

CCG_Pips what, destroying artillery positions with impunity and leaving the server until the next mission is no longer possible. You are afraid to go to the front, because there you can ruin your statistics. The admin did the right thing to protect the artillery positions from such players. I'm surprised that Colosky is still silent.

You do not understad what I say and you open you great mouth for nothing.....sorry.

We never (Colosky and me) looks for our stats (prove we die like all others) and we attack what is valuating for our side ( tank positions/ depot/artillery/Flak on bridges etc...)

One very important point, we do not play like "pure dogfighters for points and stats), we just try (with no big success) to play as a real tanker, trying tp save his live as much as possible. If you prefer doing a lot of point and die twice or more per mission, it is your choice and we do not critic you, so please, do the same with us.

More, I do not find any interest to destroy an artillery position with impunity but if it is impossible to attack because you are destroyed at 2000 meters.

...for sure, it is not so interesting.

I was just asking to Temuri to make an average between no defenses and too heavy defenses that makes an artillery position impossible to just approach closer.

the way you speak seems to be rather jealous.

Edited by CCG_Pips

What does forced removal from the server mean? Why am I being removed from the server?