LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

36 minutes ago, =SA=Semz said:

Make a channel in Discord for speakers in Russian

Done.

1 hour ago, =SA=Semz said:

Risen you can fight like this

That was not me so I'm not sure what you getting at. Also if it was an accident, you would apologize in chat and you did not. You clearly got frustrated because your guns could not do anything to my tank.

5 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Generally, we would like to have more than just the stats page sorties for the info.

@=SA=Semz Don't be doing that again. Rules clearly say no ramming.

The stats page are clear and backup what I'm saying not sure why you would need additional info. Recording in the name has become very demanding on my machine as it causes lag for me so I usually don't record but I guess I have to start doing that.

I wrote that it was an accident. I apologize for what happened. Stop crying like a girl!!!

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, =SA=Semz said:

I wrote that it was an accident. I apologize for what happened. Stop crying like a girl!!!

Actually you did not apologize. You said it was an accident but no apologies. Also you only wrote it was an accident here in the forum after I complained about it and not in game when you were caught. All of this could have been avoided with a simple sorry and explanation in game. Overall, really bad job at apologizing while continuing to offend me by calling me a girl. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Riksen

Have you carefully read the text you copied ?   I wrote that it was an accident. I apologize for what happened. Stop crying like a girl!!!    Keep on whining?

Guys, this is not the place to fight. Keep that on the server, and out of text format. If you have complaints about the behaviour of other players, report it to us privately instead of starting a flame war here.

• Upvote 1

S!

There has been some pretty ungentlemanly behaviour in the chat lately. Please, if someone does something out of bounds regarding the rules, or there's an friendly fire incident, or anything of the sort that might upset you: Try to keep a calm head. If you don't have anything nice to write in the chat, then don't... Take a breather...  And report to us if necessary.

Friendly fire will get notified to the perpetrator and there's an automatic system which will detect this and punish the player (warning -> kick -> ban if continued).

• Like 2

Real torubles with your server...

9.50 TODAY.............Impossible to enter, stopped at the loading. Then, unable to deactivate server access window or to do anything. Obliged to shut down the computer (manually....this is not good!!) 

I can understand thet your server can be down or closed but not that it make so troubles with the whole game.

Thanks to see what's happen   (I follow each time your advice to clear the data/multiplayer/moscowwb file)

Happy victory day!

Just now, =SA=Semz said:

Happy victory day!

С Днём Победы !!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SvAF/F16_Katla said:

SvAF celebrates V-day on FVP with Paratroopers!

Awesome drop 😄 ... But, how come the aileron of the lead comes off at 4:12 ? 😮

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2018 at 5:35 AM, DerSheriff said:

But night missions aren authentic. They were done. but not on a regular basis. or how do you want to bomb in your He111 if you dont see the ground?

What? Are you familiar with "The Blitz" that Londoners were forced to endure? Nightly bombings of the city. How about the RAF's nightly raids on Germany? How about Mosquito night fighters. One pilot had 22 kills. How about the Luftwaffe's night attack of Poltava after the 8th Air Force landed there during a shuttle mission. I could go on, of course. Night missions were done on a regular basis. 

Edited by Poochnboo
spelling

3 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Awesome drop 😄 ... But, how come the aileron of the lead comes off at 4:12 ? 😮

You are very attentive! I was wondering if someone would notice that :D. Lag after para drop made him collide slightly with another. I didnt include it because it looked very unnatural :)

• Haha 1

Apparently, the fog in overcast clouds weather makes the AAA not shoot, so removed the couple of overcast weather presets and added a bunch of heavy cloud presets.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

What? Are you familiar with "The Blitz" that Londoners were forced to endure? Nightly bombings of the city. How about the RAF's nightly raids on Germany? How about Mosquito night fighters. One pilot had 22 kills. How about the Luftwaffe's night attack of Poltava after the 8th Air Force landed there during a shuttle mission. I could go on, of course. Night missions were done on a regular basis. 

They had radar guidance dude. we dont have that ingame. We have to visually aquire everyhing. And the low lighting rendering is still crap ingame. 

Also nice find of a 2 year old post.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

They had radar guidance dude. we dont have that ingame. We have to visually aquire everyhing. And the low lighting rendering is still crap ingame. 

Also nice find of a 2 year old post.

I know that Dude. I'm reffering to the post that said night missions were rarely done during the war. Not wether or not we can do it in here.

On 5/11/2020 at 7:52 AM, jeanpit-frenchy said:

maybe a little radar (3 kilometres) on airfield to avoid  spauwn camper tank pilots....it's exhausting 😪

????  On Air base (not temporary) Tank spawn is just impossible!!  Some days ago, I tried to pass an air base to go for depot target.

I was killed from about 4 or 5 km by a 37mm Flak gun !😲

So, I cannot imagine a tank spawning on an Air base...

Posted (edited)

hi pip's

I am not talking about "spauner" on an airfield I am talking about "the guy" which is driving 40kms in tank to hide near the enemy airfield (temporary)is to destroy the planes which "spauwn" on this one

in the jargon of FPS players a "camper" ... the last time 3 hours squatting the airfield hiding well in the trees ..... I find it drunk .... but I must admit that it has a lot of patience ...but i have found him 1 time ....;-)

Edited by jeanpit-frenchy
error

Posted (edited)

Hmmm !! a tank player spawning on a Temporary Air base during such long time is just not understanding how to play on Finnish server and what targets are important for the victory of his side................!!!

I tried it some weeks ago and after 30 minutes waiting for nothing, i was finally killed by a Ju-87 without hearing or seeing it at any moment!!!!  LOL

Edited by CCG_Pips

@LLv34_Temuri

Pilot 1./JG42_flesch just bombed my tank twice despite server warnings about FF and writing in chat. This is the third time in this campaign I get shot down/destroyed by friendlies ... Is there any way to have the damage they do to friendly units turn against them or something like that? Or a temporary kick from the server when you destroy a friendly unit? It is incredibly frustrating to drive a tank for 30 min only to be killed by a friendly or rammed by enemy planes.

3 hours ago, Riksen said:

Pilot 1./JG42_flesch just bombed my tank twice despite server warnings about FF and writing in chat. This is the third time in this campaign I get shot down/destroyed by friendlies ... Is there any way to have the damage they do to friendly units turn against them or something like that? Or a temporary kick from the server when you destroy a friendly unit? It is incredibly frustrating to drive a tank for 30 min only to be killed by a friendly or rammed by enemy planes.

If you destroy a friendly, there will be a warning, and then a kick, and then a ban. And the bans get progressively longer if you repeat the offense. People make mistakes and sometimes you are on the receiving end. I've had my fair share (of doing mistakes, and being on the receiving end).

Hi,

Quick question regarding bombing depots, stations and industrial targets.

Is it possible to completely destroy these targets?
We've been attacking these but we can't ever seem to get a "Target Destroyed" on the map.

Fantastic server and it's now our home!

Fly Safe!

ibastavd 😄

53 minutes ago, ibastavd said:

Is it possible to completely destroy these targets?

You should be able to. We've had some issues with this in the past, so if you are sure you've destroyed everything, send us info (which station, screenshots/tracks).

I certainly will do !

So if it's a train station & industrial you have to destroy every single building and the train and all the carriages?

Thanks

16 hours ago, ibastavd said:

So if it's a train station & industrial you have to destroy every single building and the train and all the carriages?

Most of them, yes.

But as always, remember that every single object destroyed does have an effect. 50% + 50% damage on two objectives is the same as 100% destroyed single objective (assuming same type of objective with same amount of stuff :)). So you don't HAVE to destroy objectives 100% to make an effect on the frontline.

Posted (edited)

Starting from next mission rotation, it's possible to have a "Radar station" type of front depot. The radar has a radius of 15 km, and it can be disabled by bombing the radar looking ground structure at the depot. This radar station depot is indicated by a different icon than the normal depot icon.

In addition, the enemy RRR trucks at tank spawns that were enabled when the front was destroyed enough will be removed after mission rotation.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

And what's the purpose of this radar depot. Has it any behavior?

Well a radar is a radar. Should your side happen to have a radar front depot, you should be able to see enemy airplanes (possibly also tanks, as it techically is a ”spotter”) at 15 km radius, if the radar hasn’t been destroyed.

That being said, should we perhaps increase the radius some more?

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Posted (edited)

And, looks like the actual "radar" part got too heavy for the server. The spotter in the new depot type will be removed in next mission rotation.

Edit: and the radar maybe even crashed the dserver, so version without the spotter is running now.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Upvote 1

I might have found the reason why the server overloaded and eventually crashed. Applied a change, and server is back up.