LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

1 hour ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

The basic idea is that any Ju-52 on the west side of the border -> assume German and vice versa :) ... But you can use certain skins to signal your side, tell them on the chat etc. IF we could lock a skin for the Russian Ju-52, we would. But currently, if we want to lock a skin, we would have to lock ALL skins, and people don't like that (we've tried that). The system isn't flexible at all 😕

Fair enough.

Just earlier, with the Ambulance skin on, I pasted a pre-prepped alert into chat when getting near - that seemed to work OK as the guys above the base acknowledged the supply coming in. Which was nice

Also just to say - really good server. Have done the tanks on it before, but enjoying the Ju52 job very much on it 🙂

Thanks again, Untamo

• Like 1

Dear administrators! Recorded a video for you with the Tiger and Sherman tank. 45 accurate hits to the Tiger with armor-piercing and explosive shells. The tank is on the defensive in 1941. How many such tanks do the Reds have in their defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VC0O5-MMtM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, =SA=Semz said:

Dear administrators! Recorded a video for you with the Tiger and Sherman tank. 45 accurate hits to the Tiger with armor-piercing and explosive shells. The tank is on the defensive in 1941. How many such tanks do the Reds have in their defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VC0O5-MMtM

Yes. Currently the target groups don't follow the rotating tank set.

We need to do some further implementation so that you get AI tanks from same time period as your own tank.

Dear Devs...

Can you explain (I need to understand to upgrade my actions)

How it is possible that reds make an advance of  0 kms on sector #1 with these figures?

rcwks9j1l0175tjzg.jpg

Many thanks by advance 😉

4 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

Dear Devs...

Can you explain (I need to understand to upgrade my actions)

How it is possible that reds make an advance of  0 kms on sector #1 with these figures?

rcwks9j1l0175tjzg.jpg

Many thanks by advance 😉

Without taking a look at logs, one possibility is that Russian side has had player plane and tank losses that in effect nullify the advance that would come from German frontline destruction. Perhaps we should add visibility of the plane/tank losses to the message.

• Like 2

There’s now a new possible front depot type target that consists of static tanks, trucks and some light AAA.

Question!! Why do the Reds have 14 tanks on each base, while the Blues have an unlimited number?

11 hours ago, =SA=Semz said:

Question!! Why do the Reds have 14 tanks on each base, while the Blues have an unlimited number?

Which number do you mean? The number shown in chat or the number in tank selection?

If you mean number in chat, it’s because spawning uses up tanks. That number is limited also on German side. Tanks can be added by flying paratrooper mission to the frontline.

If you mean tank selection, then there may be bug. If I remember correctly, only KV-1 should have limited numbers.

I'm talking about the number specified when choosing a tank on the base. There are only 15 Shermans and you can't take a tank after that. Yesterday with a partner destroyed more than 27 players on defense and they continued to appear. Went for the enemy, and they have tanks not limited in number.

Semz, you didn't shoot anyone at all!!!!!!!!!
That was always just the AI Gunner, which the Idio... of Developers now made possible.

Artificial intelligence is evil!! I didn't use it before, and I was always the beating boy. If the administrators disable it, I'll shake their hand.

17 minutes ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Semz, you didn't shoot anyone at all!!!!!!!!!
That was always just the AI Gunner, which the Idio... of Developers now made possible.

Artificial intelligence is evil!! I didn't use it before, and I was always the beating boy. If the administrators disable it, I'll shake their hand.

59 minutes ago, =SA=Semz said:

I'm talking about the number specified when choosing a tank on the base. There are only 15 Shermans and you can't take a tank after that. Yesterday with a partner destroyed more than 27 players on defense and they continued to appear. Went for the enemy, and they have tanks not limited in number.

A bug in our system. I’ll fix it. Effective next mission rotation.

10 hours ago, =SA=Semz said:

Thank you

Semz, if you use your AI gunner, can you not do that when behind a friendly tank? I think you were trying to use me as a meat shield and retarded AI was shooting me in the back...

@LLv34_Temuri. ......................Another bug

Red front line is from early this afternoon on 0613 and this is the THIRD time in a short amount of missions that Blue Panzer and Artilleries are FAR AWAY in our camp in 0615 IN A VERY profitable position just at the village of Golubickaya....I can understand eventually one time but 3 x time it is a little bit excessive !

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

Red front line is from early this afternoon on 0613 and this is the THIRD time in a short amount of missions that Blue Panzer and Artilleries are FAR AWAY in our camp in 0615 IN A VERY profitable position just at the village of Golubickaya....I can understand eventually one time but 3 x time it is a little bit excessive !

Did you take a screenshot of the map? Not sure what you mean (the mission has already rotated).

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Nop, no screenshot but I can explain precisely:

-1/ During missions of 26/04 (early in the morning) front line advance was high for red side and on north part of the map this front line was about middle of 0613 to 0813 from north to south.

-2/ At three time during the day (about 9.00 - 14.00 and finaly 22.00) the Panzer camp dans spawn position was far behind red lines in : 0615 !!  more, that position is very advantageous for Blue side and very hard to attack for red side (due to AI Tigers in defensive position).

3- Red side attacked several times this position when front line was at this point and red side lose an lot of material here.

So, I consider that when the front line is about (map size) 20 kms away, it is a bug that at THREE times we find the same configuration of battle in such anomalous position.

This morning combat positions are ok.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

-1/ During missions of 26/04 (early in the morning) front line advance was high for red side and on north part of the map this front line was about middle of 0613 to 0813 from north to south.

I'm sorry but without a picture I cannot say what is wrong.

3 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

-2/ At three time during the day (about 9.00 - 14.00 and finaly 22.00) the Panzer camp dans spawn position was far behind red lines in : 0615 !!  more, that position is very advantageous for Blue side and very hard to attack for red side (due to AI Tigers in defensive position).

Do note that the frontline drawing is not very accurate (it can be drawn many kilometers off in any direction). Many times German / Russian units seem to be on the "wrong" side of the border, as they are close to the border, and it being drawn inaccurately...

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

13 hours ago, [CPT]HarryM said:

Semz, if you use your AI gunner, can you not do that when behind a friendly tank? I think you were trying to use me as a meat shield and retarded AI was shooting me in the back...

I seem to remember this situation at 06.15. the Tankman who shot you many times in the back was destroyed by me, although he played in our team. Let him teach the material part and not shoot at his own.

INFORMATION FOR ALL GAMERS:

On the picture below , red marked area, when a tank is driving on that part of the road, it sinks as in a kind of quicksand. The engine stops, only the turret can be seen from the ground and when we want to restart the engine, it is impossible. If we leave the mission, the player is considered dead.

jge2h9qj9lzorbszg.jpg?size_id=c

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CCG_Pips said:

INFORMATION FOR ALL GAMERS:

On the picture below , red marked area, when a tank is driving on that part of the road, it sinks as in a kind of quicksand. The engine stops, only the turret can be seen from the ground and when we want to restart the engine, it is impossible. If we leave the mission, the player is considered dead.

Please report this also to the devs.

Hey, already done, I Know that it is not your campaign....

2 hours ago, =SA=Semz said:

I seem to remember this situation at 06.15. the Tankman who shot you many times in the back was destroyed by me, although he played in our team. Let him teach the material part and not shoot at his own.

Thanks for clarification, if you remember who this player was should report, I will try to figure out from stats. I value my virtual lives so is quite annoying... :(

No lo recuerdo. Le preguntaré al Cazador.

3 minutes ago, =SA=Semz said:

No lo recuerdo. Le preguntaré al Cazador.

I don't remember him. I'll ask the Hunter

Tank playing  is currently not possible.
The Reds sit in their Su 122 and let the AI Gunner shoot everything down to 2-3 km with unmatched precision. The AI sees through forests and over hills.

It has nothing to do with a simulation at the moment.

Very bad Improvment from the Devs.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Administrators, disable artificial intelligence on tanks!!

The defense is completely destroyed, but always shows 54 or 55 percent of the manpower.

Edited by =SA=Semz

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, =SA=Semz said:

Administrators, disable artificial intelligence on tanks!!

The defense is completely destroyed, but always shows 54 or 55 percent of the manpower.

There’s no control for disabling AI on player tanks as far as I know.

We were using some new tank groups last night. Looks like they didn’t work properly.

Edit: If there won’t be a way to disable the tank AI, we might need to remove the player tanks completely.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Posted (edited)

Sturmovikfest will be on our server tonight and tomorrow. See the schedule at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1auYbBRtEJBVvSe8rvrHWaj1be0I2XwicvU69Y5A9UlE/edit?usp=sharing

For that reason, the map situation will be reset in the evening. We can later come back to the current map situation, after the event is done (after tomorrow, that is).

In addition, the planeset will be set to planeset 4.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

14 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Tank playing  is currently not possible.
The Reds sit in their Su 122 and let the AI Gunner shoot everything down to 2-3 km with unmatched precision. The AI sees through forests and over hills.

It has nothing to do with a simulation at the moment.

Very bad Improvment from the Devs.

This is same from red side.....AI on Blue tanks are shooting over trees with an extraordinary accuracy ....we know that from long time and for us it is much more hard when Tigers are here.

The Su-122 is not our favorite ride....not fast, not so well armored and rearming gun VERY LOW!!!!

Each side as to play with what they ahe and find solutions to play as well as possible.

Yesterday night, finally, blue side understood that planes (BF-110 and He-129) were a very good weapon against tanks....I was killed several times.........I do not claim....it is to tank drivers to find the way..............

😉

За один вылет два раза ходил в атаку. Первая атака Бомбер. после атаки он рухнул в море и почему то не был мне защитан.   Интересно по каким причинам сервер может не защитать сбитый КИЛЛ.

dogfight.2020-04-28_00-02-58_01.part01.rar

Вторая част  трека

dogfight.2020-04-28_00-02-58_01.part02.rar

S!

A long time our server has been plagued by an issue that we have regarded as the "missing destruction log entries" bug, causing targets to be left "alive" when all the target objects had been destroyed. But the frequency and effect did not correspond to the perceived occurence of the missing entries... Now I have finally found the root cause (which had to do with how the targets are instantiated in our code) and fixed it. Now, finally, you should be able to destroy the targets 100%.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Dear LLv34_Untamo........

I would like to report a strange event, this afternoon on a mission (at about 15h30)

I was playing in Tank and attacked a Blue Front depot. My first job was to destroy AA guns to help my friend in planes. So, I destructed a 88mm Gun immediately.

At the same second, ALL other AA guns (88 and 37mm) disappeared right away!!!......Ok, I kept destroying what I could (Oil tanks and crates)...........after some minutes (may be 5 or 6 minutes), I was going away from the depot when I felt gun shots on the rear side of my tank!! it was heavy shots and some items were damaged. I turned back my tank and saw that one of the 37mm AA gun (that disappeared before) was firing on my tank. I fired and destructed it.

After a quick overview, I checked that another two AA guns were again on place. It was two 88mm AA Guns that (by chance??) were not firing at me.  I fired on one of them and destructed it right away.....at the same time, and as some minutes ago, the second one disappeared from it's place.........

That's all, just to let you know what's seems to be a bug.

Thank you @ShamrockOneFive for organizing the Sturmovikfest event! It was nice to see the server filled to the brim. Logs say that there was one chat notification about overload, so now we know the limits.

Server has now been set to the map sitatuation that was before the Sturmovikfest event. The Germans are holding to the last kilometers of the Taman peninsula. After the battle on this map resolves. We'll run the Stalingrad map until we get the Prokhorovka map ready.

12 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

That's all, just to let you know what's seems to be a bug.

Indeed it is kind of a bug. Currently, the trigger for front depot AI objects is not set to take into account tanks. So what happened was that your friend in plane left the trigger area causing the AI objects to despawn.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

S!

Just a note:

If you "see" the invisible planes bug happening to you, please take a track(in-game recording) and send it to the devs. This will help them solve the issue. The issue seems to occur more often on our server than on others and we don't know why.

EDIT:

And if you have a friend that CAN see you (while you don't you don't see him), he should also take track (optimally at the same time as you do), and send the tracks as a pair to the devs.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Disconnedted during mission at 14h30......impossible to reconnect even after clearing the moscowwb file!!!😟🙄

23 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

We'll run the Stalingrad map until we get the Prokhorovka map ready.

Awesome. As much as i like the Kuban Map, it starts to get a bit repetitive now. Thanks again for your efforts and the server! :salute:

On 4/29/2020 at 9:15 AM, SvAF/F16_Katla said:

A-20s Carpet Bombing on FVP!

that looks awesome, and the precision is absolutly stuning. Respect!

• Like 2

Hello ,

What's wrong witht the server. Only naval battles from 4' o this afternoon.

The front is strangly moving and at the end only a BIG dogfight ...😟