LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Posted (edited)

@ CCG_Pips  do not worry. 50-80% of players do not understand what the server is and what tasks to perform. Most treat it like fighting a dog. Or they get statistics by finding easy kills at airports. In general, thanks to this, instead of defending your position, you can effectively attack enemy targets :D Watch out for campers hanging 6k above airports :)
However, how many players join, hardly anyone has any influence. AI planes that were before may be useful. To some extent, they evened out chances in player discrepancies. Also these planes did not allow to destroy enemy targets with impunity.
Administrators may want to restore this option?

PS. Two words from me.
This is the best server you can find. It is a substitute for virtual fronts from IL-2 1946.
They deserve applause for the guys who created it.

Przepraszam za błędy - piszę za pośrednictwem tłumacza

Edited by 318_Bonzo_PL
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

@318_Bonzo_PL 

You are right and it is too bad!! If a lot of peoples were really looking first to the real interest of strategy and not to score, this campaign should be a must!!

I agree with AI fighters, also I think that administrators should ask to people to choose for each campaign ONE camp and not to navigate from one side to another one, this is absolutly not good for the gameplay.

Last, I noticed, yesterday end of the afternoon a "bug" (?) on the German front depot. I arrived here with a tank to destroy first the AA guns. An AA gun fired on me, I was looking to return the fire when ALL AA guns on the Front depot disappeared both in one second!!!!   strange !!

12 hours ago, 318_Bonzo_PL said:

@ CCG_Pips  do not worry. 50-80% of players do not understand what the server is and what tasks to perform. Most treat it like fighting a dog. Or they get statistics by finding easy kills at airports. In general, thanks to this, instead of defending your position, you can effectively attack enemy targets 😄 Watch out for campers hanging 6k above airports :)
However, how many players join, hardly anyone has any influence. AI planes that were before may be useful. To some extent, they evened out chances in player discrepancies. Also these planes did not allow to destroy enemy targets with impunity.
Administrators may want to restore this option?

PS. Two words from me.
This is the best server you can find. It is a substitute for virtual fronts from IL-2 1946.
They deserve applause for the guys who created it.

Przepraszam za błędy - piszę za pośrednictwem tłumacza

Oh people do understand but why should they care when their efforts dont mean mutch on 24/7 campaigns.

I played many in Il-2 1946 and its same here you have players who play on low player times move the fronts and then small window of timewhere more players show up and its time to play how its ment to play, but what effort they do its again nullified next day by few ppl playing vs  no one destroying stuff more effectivly wghile most work or sleep.

So why bather to take 24/7 campaign seriously, it just end up by most being played like any other 24/7 DF server, hunt for individual stats, and who win is decided by lone generals fighting no one.

Only campaigns i enjoyed and putt effort into are orginesed event ones, you can do it on open servers run server few h a day at most popular times to garantied most will show up, but lone generals then cant win wars. 

I have nothing against peoples that just enjoy to play, kill some targets and that's all, not taking in consideration campaign itself...It is the same percentage on each side!!...

bye !!!

I also don't mind such players. Let's remember that it's still just fun.
But you can always complain. ;) 😄 

It’s actually possible to run a more organized campaign with current implementation. We can always store the situation (frontline, what planeset/tankset in use) after the mission is over. So we could have a dedicated ”campaign night”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountZero said:

I played many in Il-2 1946 and its same here you have players who play on low player times move the fronts and then small window of timewhere more players show up and its time to play how its ment to play, but what effort they do its again nullified next day by few ppl playing vs  no one destroying stuff more effectivly wghile most work or sleep.

That is why I think that AI planes should appear in such cases so that it would not be so easy.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

It’s actually possible to run a more organized campaign with current implementation. We can always store the situation (frontline, what planeset/tankset in use) after the mission is over. So we could have a dedicated ”campaign night”.

In clod they had similar thing on SoW campaing, it was also 24/7 and after some time it was run so only what was done in certen time when they run event had impact on whole campaign, and outside that time it was just recoreded for stats but not have impact on campaign, i know things are posible to do i just see some are having wrong perception on why most players dont take 24/7 campaigns seriously, and to me nature of 24/7 is problem as its hard to motivate players to invest their time in serious way, when effort can easy be removed on times where server is empty and few can easy move fronts with no oponents.

3 hours ago, 318_Bonzo_PL said:

That is why I think that AI planes should appear in such cases so that it would not be so easy.

AI in this game is not a challange, they cant even avoid ground.

Edited by CountZero

16 minutes ago, CountZero said:

i know things are posible to do i just see some are having wrong perception on why most players dont take 24/7 campaigns seriously, and to me nature of 24/7 is problem

Yeah. I was just thinking that we could have a go at a more organized campaign instead of the 24/7.

• Upvote 1

Would it be possible get a password reset on my registration: JG51_docventure?

I messed up my password and can't register with my squad.

Thanks for hosting a great server.

3 hours ago, CountZero said:

[...]

AI in this game is not a challange, they cant even avoid ground.

Have you tried to drop bombs from a bomber when AI planes attack you? Or return to the airport after being bombed by a damaged aircraft when AI planes attack you?
Artificial intelligence successfully stopped on this server those who try to shift the front line when others are sleeping: P

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 318_Bonzo_PL said:

Have you tried to drop bombs from a bomber when AI planes attack you? Or return to the airport after being bombed by a damaged aircraft when AI planes attack you?
Artificial intelligence successfully stopped on this server those who try to shift the front line when others are sleeping: P

Yes i tryed and same thing that kills them when in fighter kills them when in bomber, AI dont know how to avoid ground, its worst AI i ever saw in any flying game.

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Yeah. I was just thinking that we could have a go at a more organized campaign instead of the 24/7.

That would be a great idea IMHO. The overall idea of the server is one of the best out there for sure and having it full or more players around at busy hours would make the experience much better (it is already a great server BTW).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, [CPT]Pike*HarryM said:

I think AI planes are disabled now.

This is correct. They were disable as the server got more popular as they were choking up the server, even when they were disabled in mission logic (during a mission) when enough players entered the server...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, H_Stiglitz said:

Can you guys do something about regularly disconnecting guys when they took damage?

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/de/sortie/log/367800/?tour=35

this individual tends to do it quite often when i look at his recent sorties...

There is not mutch posible to do, with modifications stats punish him with capture insted just disco. And player that damaged him gets kill for him , insted no kill like before.

Stats deal with it automaticly, making it more fair for attacker if disconect happends and player rage quiting (if thats case) achives nothing by doing so. And makes less preshure on admins to guess who is doing it intentionaly and who have bad conection.

This is a demonstration of how much fun you can have on this server. We had a blast, even though our mission was slightly delayed...enjoy!😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, being fairly new to multiplayer but not the IL2 franchise.

I'd like to just show my appreciation for the server. I'm having loads of fun at learning engine management in order to complete objectives, on a plus side the pilots on there seem friendly and are willing to help out novices such as myself.

I mainly fly ground attack IL2's and also JU 52 paradrops. I guess my next learning curve will be medium altitude bombing so I can get at the supply depots 🙂

Keep up the great work guys.

Cheers

Deano

Edited by vstudios

Posted (edited)

You can ban players like that, and when ban ends hell do same either intentionaly or bad PC or net cant handle amount of information ( i saw this constantly ).

So edits to stats are made for benefit of server admins, and attackers. Again if you look at how it works, he gets captured (in original it would be just disconection) and guy who hit him gets kill for him and points ( in original he would just lost ammo and get nothing). 

So you get easy kill and if hes doing it intentionaly he achives nothing, but if he has poor PC or bad net, he can still play and not get baned. And server host/admin dont have to think what to do.

PS. i see 2nd attacker on disconecting player even got assist and points also, glad to see that also works as intended.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 2

S!

Managed to squeeze two fixes:

- Russian secondary tank spawn now located correctly next to the artillery, and not next to the primary spawn.

- Temporary airfield spawn sites should now be same as on normal fields.

• Upvote 2

No access to the server at this moment.......

7 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

No access to the server at this moment.......

3 hours ago, =[V]P=vad-asz said:

Hi !

I can't connect to the server. Restart?

There's 40 players in. Please retry, and if it doesn't help, try deleting the mission files in <game folder>\data\Multiplayer\moscowwb\.

Hi Untamo, the troubles was seen on early afternoon and all along afternoon. There were nobody on the server.

Thanks for information, I will try to remember next time. 😉

Good afternoon! Dear administrators, review the German tank armament. The one-goal game is boring. Russian tanks burn with a single hit from a Panther or Tiger that cannot be destroyed. To destroy the Tiger in defense, you need to spend more than 40 armor-piercing-explosive shells in the side of the tank. The t-34 and KV1 have identical guns. Sherman is also weak. The player on the Panther and tiger is invulnerable. Turn on artificial intelligence and destroy the enemy without straining even if you hide from them in the forest. For artificial intelligence, there are no trees, bushes, clouds, and so on, it sees the goal as in a field and you fly in a clear sky. I hope for your understanding.

Hiya, I've a question about the 'Airstart Supply' flights – flying a 'Ju52' on the Russian side.

OK, so I magically appear flying along quite happily, I land and unload at the airfield needing supplied. I take off again, and head for where I magically appeared. So where do I land? Am I meant land at any non-specific allied rear airfield where 'Ju52s' are based, or just get to the area I materialised in, then 'Leave Mission' in mid-air? Confused.

Small follow-up question – when flying Russian Paradrop mission on 'Ju52' I'm wearing a Russian skin I've chosen from my skin list. Is my 'Red Star' insignia visible to other players, or am I appearing to them as a German aircraft?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crashbangwallop said:

Hiya, I've a question about the 'Airstart Supply' flights – flying a 'Ju52' on the Russian side.

OK, so I magically appear flying along quite happily, I land and unload at the airfield needing supplied. I take off again, and head for where I magically appeared. So where do I land? Am I meant land at any non-specific allied rear airfield where 'Ju52s' are based, or just get to the area I materialised in, then 'Leave Mission' in mid-air? Confused.

Land on the target airfield you want to supply -> Finish mission -> Done.

1 hour ago, Crashbangwallop said:

Small follow-up question – when flying Russian Paradrop mission on 'Ju52' I'm wearing a Russian skin I've chosen from my skin list. Is my 'Red Star' insignia visible to other players, or am I appearing to them as a German aircraft?

If you are talking about the default skins, then yes. If you use a custom skin, then only those that have the same skin can see it.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Land on the target airfield you want to supply -> Finish mission -> Done.

OK, so airstart supply trips are one-way missions

59 minutes ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

If you are talking about the default skins, then yes. If you use a custom skin, then only those that have the same skin can see it.

Right, Untamo, got it. Many thanks for clearing those questions up so clearly and concisely. And promptly.

And frankly the sooner the Li-2 arrives the better...

22 hours ago, Crashbangwallop said:

And frankly the sooner the Li-2 arrives the better...

Couldn't agree more :)

• Upvote 1

Another question...

Given the confusion caused by a Russian 'Ju52' in Luftwaffe colours and insignia, is there a convention I'm not aware of whereby Russian paradrop/supply 'Ju52s' adopt the in-game Red Cross 'Ambulance' skin?

It occurred to me that might be the case when I saw a fellow Red Ju52 displaying Red Crosses during a paradrop and thought that was a pretty good idea. OK, he was skinned in hi-vis bright white 'Winter Ambulance' on an autumn map which made him stick out a bit in that particular landscape, but you get my point

If that isn't a current convention, maybe it could be nudged into mission instructions, or on the server page somewhere?

Red players should just shoot down any ju52 they see.

It's the only way to be sure.  ;)

52 minutes ago, =[V]P=vad-asz said:

Hi!

Server down?

Was for a bit. I updated the object durability values to the dev-suggested ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Crashbangwallop said:

Another question...

If that isn't a current convention, maybe it could be nudged into mission instructions, or on the server page somewhere?

The basic idea is that any Ju-52 on the west side of the border -> assume German and vice versa :) ... But you can use certain skins to signal your side, tell them on the chat etc. IF we could lock a skin for the Russian Ju-52, we would. But currently, if we want to lock a skin, we would have to lock ALL skins, and people don't like that (we've tried that). The system isn't flexible at all 😕

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 1