LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Posted (edited)
On 2/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, -=-THERION said:

@KoN_

Did you test the JU52? Is it nice to fly?

Not Yet Therion .  But Don`t worry ill be up and running soon , just been busy at home . Sent you a PM .

For Surpply just land and turn off engines . ?

Edited by KoN_

I discussed this with temuri already, but i thought that it would be interesting to get more oppinions. 

Right now one big problem is the ships.

1) they are quite easy to kill. 2-3 dedicated peshka or 110 pilots make quite quick work of them. 

2) they are worth tons of points and thus affects the sector advance a lot

3) they are really far away from airfields mostly

4) beacause of 3) there are not lot interest in defending the ships, especially after all enemy ships are dead.

5) if one team kills the entire enemy fleet, it's easy to render the progress to nill, beacause of 1) and 3). Thus all it accomplished is personal score for pilots involved. 

What if we move the sector 2 land targets to the general beach area? Then we would have more targets near the ships - > more reasons for defenders to actually patrol and defend - > lore wise more reasons for the ships to actually be there. This would also justify the heavy impact the ships have. Also the ground based targets near to the ships will make it more difficult to erase enemy progress after they wiped out the ships. 

Also why not double the amount of ships, while halving their points value. More aaa makes it harder. More targets makes it more work to wipe em out. And yet the impact on the entire war would stay the same. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SvAF/F16_Katla said:

SvAF having fun on your fine server again 😄 :

What, no dive bombing this time? 😄

12 hours ago, KoN_ said:

For Surpply just land and turn off engines . ?

Land on the airfield you want to resupply and finish flight :) ... Only things mattering here are that the plane is named "supply" and you land intact. (So fuel, cargo etc. don't matter.)

11 hours ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

Right now one big problem is the ships.

1) they are quite easy to kill. 2-3 dedicated peshka or 110 pilots make quite quick work of them. 

2) they are worth tons of points and thus affects the sector advance a lot

3) they are really far away from airfields mostly

4) beacause of 3) there are not lot interest in defending the ships, especially after all enemy ships are dead.

5) if one team kills the entire enemy fleet, it's easy to render the progress to nill, beacause of 1) and 3). Thus all it accomplished is personal score for pilots involved.

Well, they are currently more of a curiosity, than a major part of the mission system. They rarely play a big role in the winning or losing the mission. But they can...

What if we move the sector 2 land targets to the general beach area? Then we would have more targets near the ships - > more reasons for defenders to actually patrol and defend - > lore wise more reasons for the ships to actually be there. This would also justify the heavy impact the ships have. Also the ground based targets near to the ships will make it more difficult to erase enemy progress after they wiped out the ships.

The problem with the beach area in the south is that there's no room. Empty space where we could place the groups of object that represent frontal troops and artillery.

Also why not double the amount of ships, while halving their points value. More aaa makes it harder. More targets makes it more work to wipe em out. And yet the impact on the entire war would stay the same. 

Because, sadly,  the game just plain sucks. We can't have one hundreth of the amount of objects in game that we would want to have. The server and clients choke up if there's too much stuff. And we are on the very brink of having too much.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

We can add some more ships. Currently, the mission where there are only land battles are heavier than the ones where there is a naval battle, and the "land battles only" missions seem to run fine.

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

first of all let me say a big THANK YOU for providing this server to the comunity, did plenty of missions over the last weeks with friends and we really enjoy it a lot (even if our success-rates are far from good => but we are learning 😉)

Nevertheless there are some Points a little bid irritating for us, esp. on the target icons on the map:  In yesterdays evening mission I did one flight in a A20 to attack the Rear Depot #2, as the icon was shown active on the map. We flew there and found some buildings and oil tanks there were already destroyed, but there were also some warehouses a little bid closer to the city that still looked as valuable targets. I destroyed at least 5 of them but neither in-game stats nor in the mission stats on the web page there is any line of any hit target... => so basically I don't understand how I can identify an active ground target (on land) that should be attacked vs. allready completed objectives? (I had in earlier missions similar problems when atting artillery posisions that turned out as beeing empty when we arrived there)

And 2nd point, that maybe is already known: In another sortie in yesterday's mission pretty towards the end I attacked 2 human player tanks that were attacking our tank posision. I caused on both tanks a damage with a percentage of 0.something before I was out of ammo. As I saw then on the stats page when the mission rotated both tanks obviously were still active but were counted as destroyed at the missions end stats granted me 2 tank kills that were definitly not well deserved... 😉 Don't know sure if this is simply a game bug or maybe can be worked out in the mission setting...?

Thanks for your works & Salute

Etzel

Edited by II./JG1_Etzel
  • Upvote 1

@II./JG1_Etzel

I think any buildings further away from the rear depots do not count as targets. Maybe there were a few vehicles still undamaged in the depot. Also it could be that on the way to the target another player has already done some damage to depot. So always check the state of your target with <s in the chat as it can prevent wasting your bombs for naught.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, II./JG1_Etzel said:

In yesterdays evening mission I did one flight in a A20 to attack the Rear Depot #2, as the icon was shown active on the map. We flew there and found some buildings and oil tanks there were already destroyed, but there were also some warehouses a little bid closer to the city that still looked as valuable targets.

Many times, the server doesn't produce log entries of objects being destroyed. It feels like this happens more commonly when using big bombs, such as the 1000 kg one. Therefore, the campaign app can't mark them as destroyed and doesn't send the command to disable the target icon.

With rear depots, all the target objects are pretty much within a 380 m radius circle, so any buildings located off from the others are not targets on the rear depots. However, on stations they generally are.

28 minutes ago, II./JG1_Etzel said:

And 2nd point...

Don't pay attention to what the game tells you on the top of the screen after you finish a sortie. What matters is the feedback the campaign app sends you via the chat.

That tanks being destroyed thing might be a bug.

• Thanks 1

hmm... thanks for the feedback both!

It could be that at the depot between the destroyed buildings there were also some verhicles left I didn't see => but do they need to be destoyed to mark full objective as complete?

For me the answer of Temuri sounds more logic of what I observed: This Depot was destroyed long time ago; I anyhow wondered why such a pretty target in "comfortable distance" (not even 15 minutes flying time from home field) and not too close at enemy fields would still be active when mission is already running for hours...

And the buildings I destroyed then were simply not part of the target any more.

Thanks for the Tip of the checking the status via "<s", but would I get different Info this way versus just checking icons on the map? Meaning: If there is an issue that the campaign app didn't receive the info that an object is destroyed, it will not be shown in correct state neither on the Map nor in the detiled chat-status-info... or did I understand something wrong?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, II./JG1_Etzel said:

Thanks for the Tip of the checking the status via "<s", but would I get different Info this way versus just checking icons on the map?

No, you wouldn't get "different" info, just more detailed. The info given might tell you that the depot is at 20% or such even though everything has been destroyed already, but at least you'll know it's been hit already.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Like 1

Ok, that means it makes sense to do at least a cross-check... when the Icon is still there and the chat-info tells me it is 95% destroyed and I see most buildings are destroyed => It is plausible and I know it makes sense to search very detailed for remaining objects.... But when chat-info tells me 0% damage and the scenery looks as described, I can assume there is an issue with the logged by the server... 😉

Thanks a lot!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, II./JG1_Etzel said:

But when chat-info tells me 0% damage and the scenery looks as described, I can assume there is an issue with the logged by the server

Luckily, this has never been the case, IIRC.

Posted (edited)

S!

We just reintroduced an old feature:

"<planes" (or "<p" for short) command. This will show you the plane and tank availability on all sectors on front + rear airfields and the tank spawn. Useful for anyone planning to fly supply.

As per the destruction percentage discussion:

Please remember that the objectives don't need to be destroyed 100% to have an effect. Even single object destroyed will have an effect. Every object has a point value which is deducted from that sector's health when it is destroyed, which will directly affect the advance of the frontline. So, use the <s command to determine if some objective is worth hitting or not.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Can anything be done against spawnkillers?
With aircraft you can choose another field to take off if you need it but with tanks not.
Can multiple spawn points be placed?
I hope you can do something otherwise it is impossible to play with the tanks ...
Thx

S!

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

Can anything be done against spawnkillers?
With aircraft you can choose another field to take off if you need it but with tanks not.
Can multiple spawn points be placed?
I hope you can do something otherwise it is impossible to play with the tanks ...
Thx

S!

Yes experienced again yesterday and that's true for both side. When one or two ennemy tanks are on spawn, any spawning tank is killed even before starting engine and it is just unplayable......with planes, it is far more easy, even on a base under attack...😉

Edited by CCG_Pips

Spawn killing tanks is a problem, beacause the objective and spawn are on same place.

Move the tank spawns away from the ai ground units that are actual objectives and forbid spawn killing in tanks. This requires the spawn to be beyond visual range, so ot further adds traveltime to objective. 

Just now, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

Move the tank spawns away from the ai ground units that are actual objectives and forbid spawn killing in tanks. This requires the spawn to be beyond visual range, so ot further adds traveltime to objective.

Untamo has already implemented the tankspawns at artillery (not yet running on the server, though). I think it's more desirable that you need to spawn further away only when someone is camping the spawn, rather than having to spawn further away from the enemy base and drive a longer distance every damn time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Untamo has already implemented the tankspawns at artillery (not yet running on the server, though). I think it's more desirable that you need to spawn further away only when someone is camping the spawn, rather than having to spawn further away from the enemy base and drive a longer distance every damn time.

I was thinking of a triangle. Tank spawn-defencive objective-hostile objective. Approximately equal distance from each others. 

1 hour ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

I was thinking of a triangle. Tank spawn-defencive objective-hostile objective. Approximately equal distance from each others. 

You have to draw this to me. I’m too stupid to understand :)

After several hours of photoshopping, photography, going thru google satellite pictures and referring them to history books, I was able to get this historically accurate representation of 1941 eastern front

861125865_tankspawn.thumb.jpg.6732652dc4166378ed9f869ed7bcc8ba.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

After several hours of photoshopping, photography, going thru google satellite pictures and referring them to history books, I was able to get this historically accurate representation of 1941 eastern front

A good idea, although it relies on there being suitable free areas within the 5 minute drive :)

13 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

A good idea, although it relies on there being suitable free areas within the 5 minute drive :)

Yup. I dont think it is important that the travel is equal to all directions. Just that the spawn itself is away from both defensive and offensive objectives. Dunno if it is anywhere near realism in the geography. 

Posted (edited)

Server is experiencing some hiccups. We are investigating.

Edit: And we're back online.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Tried to drop Paratroopers but was locked . Even though a Drop zone was on the map . Is there a special way of getting Paras.

20 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

Tried to drop Paratroopers but was locked

Locked? Did you try to take them from the airstart? The airstart has only supply planes.

Paratrooper planes are available from the rear airfields. In the current situation, the Russian side has only a front airfield on the northern part of the map.

Two changes done:

1. The maximum amount of turbulence is now lower, and we can now more easily adjust it further if needed.

2. Tank spawn added to artilleries location.

• Thanks 1

How does the return based with the tanks work?
I  came back near to where I started. I quit the mission and the game tells me in service but then in the stats I am destroyed...

It seems to me that if you are hit even if you return to the base safely, you are destroyed!

S!

7 hours ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

I  came back near to where I started. I quit the mission and the game tells me in service but then in the stats I am destroyed...

It seems to me that if you are hit even if you return to the base safely, you are destroyed!

S!

It seems that even if the tank despawns in the "service radius" of the spawn, the server generates a "destroyed" log line. We already take care of this in our background app (tank is returned to the spawn pool), but the stats system (which isn't made by us) doesn't. We will forward this info to those that do.

1 minute ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

It seems that even if the tank despawns in the "service radius" of the spawn, the server generates a "destroyed" log line. We already take care of this in our background app (tank is returned to the spawn pool), but the stats system (which isn't made by us) doesn't. We will forward this info to those that do.

I fear that since the game itself generates the "destroyed" log line, the stats system can't do much else than parse the tank as destroyed.

11 hours ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

S!

Regarding web stats, i made modifications to display tank stats on IL-2 stats and im not able to make it for tanks so they are rtb, like it works with airplanes and make both work correct, im not coder i did what i could and someone els with more programing expiriance will have to see how to do it.

S!

ISP gave a warning about a coming maintenance work that may cause connection issues. The maintenance will occur:
11.3.  00:00–06:00 EEST

19 hours ago, CountZero said:

Regarding web stats, i made modifications to display tank stats on IL-2 stats and im not able to make it for tanks so they are rtb, like it works with airplanes and make both work correct, im not coder i did what i could and someone els with more programing expiriance will have to see how to do it.

This would not be an issue if the game itself didn't add that "destroyed" log entry for tanks that end the mission within the maintenance radius.

3 hours ago, SvAF/F16_Katla said:

P-38 x 8 on FVP! 😄

Ailerons: optional 😄

These are entertaining, keep em coming :)

• Like 1

ITAF_Cymao, best streak 13, disco 61. What is that, admins?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, 302_Osh said:

Simple technical problems?

I think this is an obvious case of paranoia and persecution mania.
Anyway, since you like my stats, study it well and maybe you could understand that there is nothing anyone should be interested in.
And please be precise about my current streak which is 13 airkill and 1105 ground streak.

Sorry for my english

S!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, 302_Osh said:

He's capable pilot flying smart so i wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Ppl experience being kicked from server from various reasons (bad connection etc.).

I have 12 disco in stats and i never did it on purpose, in fact i only had few game freeze/crash situations yet stats say i have 12 disco....why i dont know, ingame stats or web stats are bugged

Edited by EAF_Ribbon
  • Thanks 1

Funny witch hunt here. I guess you try to make up for your own lack of skill by accusing others of discos. Everytime i see you flying, you insult players in side chat. Unless you see somebody inmediately disco in front of you while in gun range, you‘d rather just be quiet and focus on your flight and much less on your keyboard. This is not wings of insults, @302_Osh. And by the way, discos after taking damage by a player now get counted a an air kill and result in a capture on the stats.

• Thanks 1