LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

14 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Since approx. 3 weeks we have a Big Problem with the Server. I and my Companions cannot become either at all joinen or after short Time kicked from the server.

So since around stations were introduced?

10 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

I am in a mission now where again I attacked tanks by myself (no other player touched that target). I destroyed all targets there, but still that damn 2% remaining; however this time I typed "<s" after each dugout destroyed and I noticed the following anomalies...

This is strange since, as far as I remember, those dugout blocks have only one "sub-block" and they are all using the same model, so they should all be worth the same amount points.

10 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

I am in a mission now where again I attacked tanks by myself (no other player touched that target). I destroyed all targets there, but still that damn 2% remaining; however this time I typed "<s" after each dugout destroyed and I noticed the following anomalies:

- 2 dugouts were worth 1% each

- 1 dugout was worth 0%

- 1 dugout was worth 4%

- all other dugouts were 2%

The 0% and 4% was not one after the other so it is not due to the fact that I may have hit "<s" too soon before target could be logged as destroyed (see attached screenshots), however their average is 2% so it is ok. However those who were worth 1% may be a problem, the remaining 1% from each if summed is exactly the 2% that cannot be destroyed (or maybe the 0% may be the problem lol).

You are wading waayyyyyy too deep into the mechanics ;) ... What we say to the unwashed masses is: "destroy targets -> frontline moves, destroy more -> it moves more". But since you're interested, I'll open it up a bit more:

Every object model you see in the mission targets has a point value. When the background application constructs the mission file, it counts all these points up, per sector. And when you destroy one of these objects in the mission, you deduct that same number of points from that sector's health. So the percentage SHOULD be the same everytime in ONE mission, but can vary between missions, since the number of objects in a mission, and thus the sector's total health pool varies -> percentage per object varies. But, as talked about previously, the server sometimes decides not to write those destruction events in the log -> the background app thinks they have not been destroyed, so 0%... and even when the target has been totally leveled, the background app still thinks something is still alive.

Not my intention to go deep into the mechanics, I just want to be able to get front target to 0% and test tat R/R/R you guys implemented, however every time I try that, I end up at 2% left and that bothers me... I try to figure out why that is happening so you may fix it. I doubt getting same 2% result every time is just a coincidence.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

So, what both you and Temuri are saying, is that in 1 mission, all dugouts should have same %, so when in the same mission most dugouts have 2%, some have 1% and some 3 or 4%, it means something is broken ?

17 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

So, what both you and Temuri are saying, is that in 1 mission, all dugouts should have same %, so when in the same mission most dugouts have 2%, some have 1% and some 3 or 4%, it means something is broken ?

That does sound strange.

1 hour ago, RussoTouristo said:

Good afternoon! Please tell us whether the introduction of refueling and replenishment zones is planned.

Currently there's RRR for tanks on the enemy front when the enemy front has been destroyed. We don't currently have plans for RRR on airfields.

The server's tank stats implementation was updated, so now you should be able to see the tank sortie events too. In addition, I added this disco mod done by CountZero:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for checking that disco edits also, for me even just getting kill for guy who disconnected is plus, i tested it together with tank edits and everthying was working ok together, if there is any problems players will probably report it i could miss something as i tested with smaller number of missions.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

@CountZero Hopefully this mod will help with the disco queens :)

Yes thats the plan, less work for admins as i noticed bans dont work and admin ends up be more angry at guy bathering him about disco guys 😄 , and less frustration for players that are attackers, disconecter even makes it easeyer as you spend less ammo on him and get kill :)  and there is aditional options for server to use if he wonts to more punish ones who disconect when under fire automaticly, and not players who just get random disconection. It would be perfect if option 4 is posible then when you got disco where no one shoot at you at any time over your front you would atleast not lose whole work you did but i was not able to make that work as pos data dont show up at time of disco to determin if player was on his side.

Edited by CountZero

What is the thought process of disconnecting when taking hits? Why is ppl doing it? 

Like i used to play eve online for a decade and there disconnecting was valid tactic in certain scenarios, but in eve you had something to loose. The ships you flew might have been worth thousands of dollars irl money and if you loose it, its gone. 

In il2 you just spawn a new plane and done. 

1 hour ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

What is the thought process of disconnecting when taking hits? Why is ppl doing it? 

If you get killed, your virtual genitals will diminish in size? :)

5 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

So we‘re just a bunch of caitlyn jenners😂

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

This is weird. I never had any problems admitting being bad on something. Quite the opposite actually. 100 hours ago i flew about 15 hours to get a kill and died 20 times in the progress. Now, as i know how it was, it is easy to see tve progress! 

6 hours ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

Like i used to play eve online for a decade and there disconnecting was valid tactic in certain scenarios, but in eve you had something to loose. The ships you flew might have been worth thousands of dollars irl money and if you loose it, its gone. 

In il2 you just spawn a new plane and done. 

A : its troll who likes that his attacker will waist time on him and get nothing in return, and lose his position and ammo for nothing.

B : its someone who for one or other reason dont wont to accept that he got beten by other player

C : its someone who dont wont to lose his position in ranking in stats (by getting killed or captured)

So to avoid frustrations its simple to just give kill to attacker in player type A and B when disco guy is damaged , and if admin thinks players are using it for their farming of stats they can aditionaly turn disco into capture in case of player type C.

Edited by CountZero

6 hours ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

This is weird. I never had any problems admitting being bad on something. Quite the opposite actually. 100 hours ago i flew about 15 hours to get a kill and died 20 times in the progress. Now, as i know how it was, it is easy to see tve progress! 

I didn’t mean you :)

S!

Starting from tomorrow, the Finnish Virtual Pilots Association are having their annual winter meeting, the UrbanBlitz 2020, in Tampere, Finland. Expect unusually high amount of erratically flying finns on the server over the weekend ;)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

UGH!

I make forcelanding "pellolle" near borderline. In game I was live and I try jump out in plane, after I landet. Nothing happend and then I finish mission normal way. In game, end status was forced landing or something... But my stats, I m dead? What s happend? I was life when I hit esc...

S! 

Rono. Sounds like a game related bug/feature. Did you press bailout before the plane stopped after landing? It looks like the game could not decide if you bailed out or landed. 

2 hours ago, LLv24_Rono said:

UGH!

I make forcelanding "pellolle" near borderline. In game I was live and I try jump out in plane, after I landet. Nothing happend and then I finish mission normal way. In game, end status was forced landing or something... But my stats, I m dead? What s happend? I was life when I hit esc...

Our campaign system checks distances to friendly and enemy areas, and calculates the possibility of getting home safely based on the distances. You will get a chat message about this after you bail/ditch.

Looking at the logs it shows you were captured by the enemy:

2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Player: LLv24_Rono ID: *snip* ended flight in coordinates Z: 266685.125 X: 256249.9375
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - resolveCapturingByCoordinates - Range to friendlies: 22984.585286499565 Range to enemies: 4554.593536956654
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Chance to escape: 0.33077192069919853 Escape number: 3307
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Rolled: 6398 Captured: true
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Player: LLv24_Rono ID: *snip* ditched and was captured.
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Player: LLv24_Rono ID: *snip* sortie #4 ended.
2020_01_23-03_20_26 - Sending command: chatmsg 3 2 You landed behind enemy lines and were captured (career ended).

So try to nurse your plane as far to your own side of the border as possible :)

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

1 hour ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Rono. Sounds like a game related bug/feature. Did you press bailout before the plane stopped after landing? It looks like the game could not decide if you bailed out or landed. 

Yes...I try bail out after landing on the ground, plane was stopped...but pilot not go out like old IL2 game. So I sitting in plane and hit esc. Ok ... my 2 engine was dead and 1 engine work, but then end of fuel. So I try go as near our line as I have chance. Ok , If I am captured, I get it. Game not tell that for me, so thats nice to hear... Am I right,  that new IL2 game I m not need bail out after grash landing?

Edited by LLv24_Rono

26 minutes ago, LLv24_Rono said:

Game not tell that for me, so thats nice to hear... Am I right,  that new IL2 game I m not need bail out after grash landing?

The game also tells you points value on the top of the screen, and that points value has nothing to do with the campaign stuff we have.

Yeah, no need to bail out, because you can't :)

In short:

- Ignore everything that the game says on the top of the screen as mission result.

- Trust the chat messages.

Besides many drunken finns (which I understand is a normal condition), anything special campaign wise during UrbanBlitz 2020 ? 😄

6 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Besides many drunken finns (which I understand is a normal condition), anything special campaign wise during UrbanBlitz 2020 ? 😄

We'll quite likely have the new AI planes implementation running by tomorrow evening. 🤞

The AI will then take off from airfields and patrol between depots.

• Like 1

2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Player: LLv24_Rono ID: *snip* ended flight in coordinates Z: 266685.125 X: 256249.9375
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - resolveCapturingByCoordinates - Range to friendlies: 22984.585286499565 Range to enemies: 4554.593536956654
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Chance to escape: 0.33077192069919853 Escape number: 3307
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Rolled: 6398 Captured: true
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Player: LLv24_Rono ID: *snip* ditched and was captured.
2020_01_23-03_20_24 - Player: LLv24_Rono ID: *snip* sortie #4 ended.
2020_01_23-03_20_26 - Sending command: chatmsg 3 2 You landed behind enemy lines and were captured (career ended).

Log says I m captured.

Game says I m "forcelanding" ....what ever...

Virtualpilots stats says I m dead

Intresting....?

Now you have good job in UrbanBlitz ...investigate...why Rono is dead or mayby captured somewhere behinde enemy lines (--->dinking vodka)🤣😁

If my commander come UrbanBlitz..I  think, he cares that😂:drinks:

Like Untamo said. Ignore what the game says to you on top of the screen. :) You were captured and killed.

29 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Like Untamo said. Ignore what the game says to you on top of the screen. :) You were captured and killed.

👍

S!

Server is unreachable for an unknown reason. On the point where loading completes, it throws the player out. We are investigating...

Server connection problem resolved.

New AI planes implementation is running on server. Added also Sochi airfield. Happy hunting!

Question to administration.

Is that why blue fields are always located further from the front? ????????????

Edited by Roell

16 hours ago, Roell said:

Question to administration.

Is that why blue fields are always located further from the front? ????????????

Airfields are where they are, we cannot move them. Frontline moves. Sometimes the airfields are closer, sometimes further from the front. We select the airfields that are closest to the conflict zones, with certain limits:
- minimum distance to border (currently set to 10km)
- minimum distance to the conflict zone (15km)
- minimum distance  to existing own airfields (13km)

Finally pinpointed the issue which likely made the paradrops not work properly. Should be working now.

LLv34_Temuri, I hope you deal with the problem. The main thing is that you 've caught the point.

7 minutes ago, Roell said:

I hope you deal with the problem.

As I said: paradrops should be working now.

German has no Airfield for Fighter or Bomber, only one for Supply (JU52)!!

Is that a Joke? Whenn he is not good.

S!

There was a bug in the victory conditions:
The rule was:
"if only one (or less) airfield left on the map on one side -> other side wins"

now changed to:
"if only one (or less) airfield left IN MISSION -> other side wins"

Not optimal, will have to tune it further. Optimally we would want to relax the airfield border minimum distance first, but this was a quick and dirty fix.

10 hours ago, Roell said:

Super!!!

8299.jpg

Did you read my answer? The airfields are picked by code, not by hand, and as the frontline moves, these situations come and go. Next mission might have the situation reversed.