LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

14 hours ago, 1./JG42flesch said:

Since approx. 3 weeks we have a Big Problem with the Server. I and my Companions cannot become either at all joinen or after short Time kicked from the server.

So since around stations were introduced?

10 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

I am in a mission now where again I attacked tanks by myself (no other player touched that target). I destroyed all targets there, but still that damn 2% remaining; however this time I typed "<s" after each dugout destroyed and I noticed the following anomalies...

This is strange since, as far as I remember, those dugout blocks have only one "sub-block" and they are all using the same model, so they should all be worth the same amount points.

10 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

I am in a mission now where again I attacked tanks by myself (no other player touched that target). I destroyed all targets there, but still that damn 2% remaining; however this time I typed "<s" after each dugout destroyed and I noticed the following anomalies:

- 2 dugouts were worth 1% each

- 1 dugout was worth 0%

- 1 dugout was worth 4%

- all other dugouts were 2%

The 0% and 4% was not one after the other so it is not due to the fact that I may have hit "<s" too soon before target could be logged as destroyed (see attached screenshots), however their average is 2% so it is ok. However those who were worth 1% may be a problem, the remaining 1% from each if summed is exactly the 2% that cannot be destroyed (or maybe the 0% may be the problem lol).

You are wading waayyyyyy too deep into the mechanics ;) ... What we say to the unwashed masses is: "destroy targets -> frontline moves, destroy more -> it moves more". But since you're interested, I'll open it up a bit more:

Every object model you see in the mission targets has a point value. When the background application constructs the mission file, it counts all these points up, per sector. And when you destroy one of these objects in the mission, you deduct that same number of points from that sector's health. So the percentage SHOULD be the same everytime in ONE mission, but can vary between missions, since the number of objects in a mission, and thus the sector's total health pool varies -> percentage per object varies. But, as talked about previously, the server sometimes decides not to write those destruction events in the log -> the background app thinks they have not been destroyed, so 0%... and even when the target has been totally leveled, the background app still thinks something is still alive.

Not my intention to go deep into the mechanics, I just want to be able to get front target to 0% and test tat R/R/R you guys implemented, however every time I try that, I end up at 2% left and that bothers me... I try to figure out why that is happening so you may fix it. I doubt getting same 2% result every time is just a coincidence.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

So, what both you and Temuri are saying, is that in 1 mission, all dugouts should have same %, so when in the same mission most dugouts have 2%, some have 1% and some 3 or 4%, it means something is broken ?

17 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

So, what both you and Temuri are saying, is that in 1 mission, all dugouts should have same %, so when in the same mission most dugouts have 2%, some have 1% and some 3 or 4%, it means something is broken ?

That does sound strange.

1 hour ago, RussoTouristo said:

Good afternoon! Please tell us whether the introduction of refueling and replenishment zones is planned.

Currently there's RRR for tanks on the enemy front when the enemy front has been destroyed. We don't currently have plans for RRR on airfields.