LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Ah, I see. Cheers!

I updated my spreadsheet showing the plane sets:

PdIXgQe.png

• Like 1

Thanks for adding the new BoBP birds to week 5. Last night was the first chance I have had to take the new spit for a spin in MP. I suck at aiming rockets with it though :(

2 hours ago, =FEW=Herne said:

Thanks for adding the new BoBP birds to week 5. Last night was the first chance I have had to take the new spit for a spin in MP. I suck at aiming rockets with it though :(

Updated the stats, so now sorties done with the new planes can be checked.

Also Temuri/Untamo, many thanks for implementing the staggered damage / repair ratio on factories. It is more satisfying now to hit the larger factories when there is an immediate and obvious effect upon the repair time. 😊

No problem, it was quite interesting feature to code. Actually caused some refactoring, that reduced the amount of code overall :)

Could we please have the same amount of AAA at each airfield as the Tank-bases as well as the same skill level and re-spawn time?

Leaving gameplay considerations completely out of the question for a second, that would probably really, really hammer the DServer to its wibbly wobbly knees.

7 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

Leaving gameplay considerations completely out of the question for a second, that would probably really, really hammer the DServer to its wibbly wobbly knees.

Yes, it would take the hammer and smash those wibbly wobbly knees.

What a shame. Right now the combination of short distance between parties and lack of aaa give me a feeling of Counterstrike.

Just now, LLv34_Temuri said:

I actually can't believe I'm reading that people want more AAA :)

Or just moving some of them from the tank-base's to the airfields.

I got disconnected from the server last night. It was a shame because I had just got the upper hand in a dogfight, when I disco'd. 

Does the log happen to say why ? wondered if perhaps it was high ping.  I don't think the server had crashed, because the server list showed 40 something players on at the time

1 minute ago, =FEW=Herne said:

Does the log happen to say why ? wondered if perhaps it was high ping.  I don't think the server had crashed, because the server list showed 40 something players on at the time

IIRC, logs don't show any extra info about disconnects.

1 minute ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

IIRC, logs don't show any extra info about disconnects.

do you have a ping limitation set up, after disconnect I noticed it was yellow on the server list at about 153 ms or thereabouts

2 minutes ago, =FEW=Herne said:

do you have a ping limitation set up, after disconnect I noticed it was yellow on the server list at about 153 ms or thereabouts

No limitation.

Yeah, we found that the server ping limiter is too twitchy. Even if you're running <50ms most of the time, and then if you get a momentary spike of >500ms (we had a limit of 500ms at some point), you would get kicked immediately.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Some points:

1. Tank bases/defenses shouldn't spawn within the reach of airfield radars/warnings.
2. I personally think that the radars don't make the gameplay better.
Seems like that many pilots just flock around an airfield and wait for the next best vulcher marked on the map.
3. Server is with many players still too laggy. I know now your fault, but maybe get rid of a tank battle to reduce load.

Edited by DerSheriff

These points were raised in exactly the same manner when the Germans were forced in to a tiny pocket, it’s not surprising to see them again now the Russians are in a similar spot. 

Changing the template to move the tank bases is a bit of a pain in the ass thing to do. We are in the process of making a Kuban setting. Have to address the issue there.

We won’t be changing the radar system. I see it as a tactical element when closing airfields.

I’ll drop one tank battle from the missions once I get on my computer this evening. Let’s see what kind of an effect that will have.

1 hour ago, Leifr said:

These points were raised in exactly the same manner when the Germans were forced in to a tiny pocket, it’s not surprising to see them again now the Russians are in a similar spot. 

I play both sides. And the thing came up as we attacked a defense with 110 G2s within Airfield range of the russians.

And I forgot one point:
4. The missions start a little to early for my taste. Sometimes it takes an hour before first light. While that is ok if it would be occasional, its basically everytime.

Cheers 

Edited by DerSheriff

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I’ll drop one tank battle from the missions once I get on my computer this evening. Let’s see what kind of an effect that will have.

The problem with only having two tank battles active each mission is that the missions become too short (which is a real issue for people flying high altitude/long distance bombing runs for example, and I'd imagine a nuisance for most people when they get constantly interrupted by mission roll over). We saw this issue the last time we tried with only two TBs.

EDIT: Maybe a minor lowering of objects on all tank bases would be a better solution? Depending on what's most taxing on performance. Do we know?

Edited by Porky

7 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

I play both sides. And the thing came up as we attacked a defense with 110 G2s within Airfield range of the russians.

And I forgot one point:
4. The missions start a little to early for my taste. Sometimes it takes an hour before first light. While that is ok if it would be occasional, its basically everytime.

Cheers 

Sure, I’m just pointing it out. 

As for mission times, the early starts are OK in my opinion. We haven’t had any problems navigating or dropping bombloads in the gloom, probably because we’re cruising at 300km/h. Take a break for an hour if you find it too dark. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Porky said:

The problem with only having two tank battles active each mission is that the missions become too short (which is a real issue for people flying high altitude/long distance bombing runs for example, and I'd imagine a nuisance for most people when they get constantly interrupted by mission roll over). We saw this issue the last time we tried with only two TBs.

EDIT: Maybe a minor lowering of objects on all tank bases would be a better solution? Depending on what's most taxing on performance. Do we know?

You haven't been flying much recently, with the current repair rates many, maaaaany missions end without all or even some of the TBs resolved as they often require the destruction of a depot unless there's a large dedicated group forcing it through with no real opposition. It won't be that much of an issue.

45 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Sure, I’m just pointing it out. 

As for mission times, the early starts are OK in my opinion. We haven’t had any problems navigating or dropping bombloads in the gloom, probably because we’re cruising at 300km/h. Take a break for an hour if you find it too dark. 

The problem arises in fighters at 400-700kph. And when I play 2-3h a night, taking 1h break is no option. Then i do something else.

The German win tonight caused the server so much astonishment, that we have to boot the whole machine :)

We could perhaps do some randomization to the mission start time, so that it could start sometimes a bit later.

14 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The German win tonight caused the server so much astonishment, that we have to boot the whole machine :)

We could perhaps do some randomization to the mission start time, so that it could start sometimes a bit later.

Congratulations Guys.

Well done.

We also found two bugs in the background app:
1. The repair times are recalculated only when a depot/factory is closed. Noticed this when we bombed Klin factory down to 50% open today, and the repair time for the tank base didn't increase.

2. When either side wins the war, the personal hangars are not reset. This caused red side not having planes on the front airfields after the new war started.

Lag is much better now btw. At least when I played no 1km warps anymore. Some crashes tho.

7 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

Lag is much better now btw. At least when I played no 1km warps anymore. Some crashes tho.

Ok, good to know the lag eased.

We can't help with the crashes. It's something in the dserver :(

Just a sidenote: I'm planning on running a separate instance of the server at some point. Probably some time when current InWar campaign is nearing its end and we won't be using the LLv44 server for training.

Plan is to have identical planesets for both sides (no bias whining! :)). That means icons need to be on. Most likely it won't have il2missionplanner integration, but I'll be putting up the stats for it.

But the ground stuff stays the same as it is? As in, I will for example be able to attack Russian AAA guns with Russian planes and so on?

12 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

But the ground stuff stays the same as it is? As in, I will for example be able to attack Russian AAA guns with Russian planes and so on?

Yes.

That's going to be interesting. There's a few things I wanna experience from both sides 😆

On 6/3/2018 at 12:34 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

We also found two bugs in the background app:
1. The repair times are recalculated only when a depot/factory is closed. Noticed this when we bombed Klin factory down to 50% open today, and the repair time for the tank base didn't increase.

2. When either side wins the war, the personal hangars are not reset. This caused red side not having planes on the front airfields after the new war started.

These two now fixed. Additionally I fixed a bug in the <field command output (the respawn times weren't listed for closed objects on airfields, depots or factories).

Btw, some news about Kuban implementation: Kippari has finished the last of the tank bases, and I have done half of the airfields. Remaining half of airfields as well as the factories and depots are left to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 606_Druindin said:

buy better :)

That would mean Baur's stick, then. A veeery tempting idea... :P

But yeah, first trouble I had with this VKB Gladiator Pro. Good thing is that the spring was very easy to replace.

2 hours ago, EAF_Starfire said:

You should bill him 😉

I'd first need to capture him 😐

Is it really ok and necessary to have Spit IX and G14 in last week of plane rotation? It is pain in the South for guys who don't own premium planes from Bodenpl.

And another one from ranking, cause we don't get it. 

Example: 

Nil_Ubist with 52 groung kills only has 1743K.

Or

72AG_Bzzzt with 1 air kill and 70 ground kills has 4004K. Compare to RamaWill with 2 Air kills and 761 ground kills with 3668K only. 

How is that?