LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

18 hours ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

My actual point referring to the people is that you and guys like you, basically all kinds of JGs, LLv or ITAF, just keep joining and joining the blue side. Mission restart and you get 3-5 reds and 15+ blues. I dont fly for your entertainment and that was another session like that recently for me which leads me not to fly on this server because I wish to have a decent dogfights instead of 10 krauts banging me in their G-6s and A-3s on top of the field. If people would actually switch sides and put an effort it could be enjoyable for both sides.

As for gear down....

What can I say? Talking for our squad, JG means we love to fly german planes and we really dont care if sides are equal. As you are saying, we play to entertain ourselfs, not you or him or them. I believe if you stay on this server, people are happy. If you go, you are a goner. I can see pretty much same people on this server, during peak time it can be 16vs16, maybe more. And we have fun. Actually cant remember last time someone was talking about sides in chat window.

Bout gear...that was very first time I saw that, ever. I just dont believe its bug, glitch, whatever..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

Isn't it so that what is not open, is destroyed?

From the website one can get pretty good picture of what is the situation of the targets, even if some visual verification is needed about wether it is A, B or C block that is destroyed/open. Only small "problem" is that you are not able to keep the object pinned down, so when the timer comes for some objects to respawn, you can end up in a kind of a loop of destruction/respawning.

I have no time for visual before and after my attack as I am near max speed and everybody are trying to kill me, including the trees ;-)

5 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Use the "<field" command or check from http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/faq/

Oh, and the server is now running a more "laid-back" rolling planeset.

The only issue with this is that when we get the message that the ammo dump is still open does not help us determine if this is block A B or C. Mostly on issue for high altitude level bombing and I wouldn't want perfect knowledge of what is still open and where, but it's an important caveat as to not give false hope to folks. :P

4 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

The only issue with this is that when we get the message that the ammo dump is still open does not help us determine if this is block A B or C. Mostly on issue for high altitude level bombing and I wouldn't want perfect knowledge of what is still open and where, but it's an important caveat as to not give false hope to folks. :P

The "recon photos" are made by a volunteer, and the block names (A, B, C...) don't correspond to the names we have given them in-game. This might be corrected at some point...

EDIT:

Btw. anyone can volunteer to help ;)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Tired of playing on the map Moscow fly around Staritsa and Rzhev. I'll pause and wait for better times.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =SA=Semz said:

Tired of playing on the map Moscow fly around Staritsa and Rzhev. I'll pause and wait for better times.

Yup. It's pretty tiring as Blues as well...

Well, it's not gonna change if you stop playing :D ... You are the ones doing the changing.

Yesterday when me and Temuri came online, we rolled a tank battle and then destroyed a factory in 2 bombing runs (with help from Leifr and wellenbrecher, thanks guys!). The front south of Rzhev is now open for advance for blues. The situation is far from static.

I noticed today that it's possible (again or still I can't recall) to destroy the target buildings in depots with 20mm cannon hits. Is this intentional, still the old bug or the old bug come back again?

Anyway, just a heads up in case you didn't know.

42 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

I noticed today that it's possible (again or still I can't recall) to destroy the target buildings in depots with 20mm cannon hits. Is this intentional, still the old bug or the old bug come back again?

Anyway, just a heads up in case you didn't know.

Same bug still. Wasn’t fixed in latest patch.

2 hours ago, 606_Druindin said:

strike 59 on the spit

What am I looking for here . ???  Lol . 🚱

On 1.5.2018 at 4:21 PM, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

Dude, I dont really have anything against strafing. I occasionaly do it myself, though I do so only when I cant find a decent fight around which recently is not a problem due to specific situation above. Problem is that it was pretty much all what you have been doing for like 2 to 3 hours ?. Sitting over the clouds and playing your hit and run over the base.

But even then one can work with it by flying from a different airfield. We tried that. 

My actual point referring to the people is that you and guys like you, basically all kinds of JGs, LLv or ITAF, just keep joining and joining the blue side. Mission restart and you get 3-5 reds and 15+ blues. I dont fly for your entertainment and that was another session like that recently for me which leads me not to fly on this server because I wish to have a decent dogfights instead of 10 krauts banging me in their G-6s and A-3s on top of the field. If people would actually switch sides and put an effort it could be enjoyable for both sides.

As for gear down. It might as well be an animation or texture bug. With rubberbanding and lags, a graphical bug would not surprise me at all. 

Hiho Hiro,

well, i took a Spit 5 and got some fun on the server with Stache and 4brkfast together. We had fun on allied side, becasue you alleways got targets :-)

Join us, seems like we will hopp on on daily bias 

As above, with some friends it's fine when we (reds) have a target rich environment.

Yesterday we flew 1 sortie with my buddy @NN_Oscar jumped on some 109s and 190s with a glorious 5 + 1 damaged - 0. After all the victory rolls he had to do above the airfield when back at home, Oscar had a spinning head :D

Of course all sorties are not like that, most of the time they are not. But we enjoy every one of them S!

S!

I did a thing.

Now, the repair times depend on the source damage level as follows:
For example, we are attacking a tank base, which has a depot 5 steps away. If we would then damage the depot 50%, it would be effectively 10 steps away (distance divided by object openness percentage, 5 / 0.5 = 10). This can then lead to the situation that another depot or factory is now effectively "closer" than the physically closest depot. And let's not stop there :) ... The second closest repair source can ALSO be damaged, making it effectively be further away considering the respawn time calculations in the same way. So the repair can come as far as the third closest source if the two closer ones are damaged enough.

I hope you are sufficiently confused ;)

Oh and another thing:
On the stats page's Current Mission Information -page you can now see the current wind speeds and directions on every height.

Like this:

Wind directions and speed:
0m: hdg: 265 speed: 3m/s
500m: hdg: 263 speed: 5m/s
1000m: hdg: 268 speed: 10m/s
2000m: hdg: 262 speed: 11m/s
5000m: hdg: 270 speed: 11m/s

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No! Not confused, but delighted with :salute:

BTW I was thrilled by the map this Monday; There where Red bases at several different distances from the front whis made it quite fun and easy to chose a base which wasn't in danger from getting bounced by bandits

Aaand some bugs found already, making a quick update on the server.

Now restarted, hopefully squashed all of them...

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Interesting. Will certainly make depots even more important targets no matter where they are.

We'll see how it affects the missions, but I hope to see more "strategic" attacks because of this.

So that source changing can be interesting. Tank battle had a repair time of 65 minutes, depot fully intact. So I/we took down that depot and the source changed to the factory and the repair time was improved by 5 minutes. Is this how it's supposed to work? 😛

In other news, the current patch fixed the silly "Mission Route" exploit. So there's that!

Also the 110 starts up properly, no more silly non-synchronised radiator settings.

4 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

So that source changing can be interesting. Tank battle had a repair time of 65 minutes, depot fully intact. So I/we took down that depot and the source changed to the factory and the repair time was improved by 5 minutes. Is this how it's supposed to work? 😛

I'm pretty sure @LLv34_Untamo didn't mean it to work that way 😄

Could it be a side effect from AAAs not counting? As in, when I call a report on a fully intact depot it comes back as 3/6 intact.

Just guessing but that always struck me as weird anyway. And I think it's probably also confusing to new people. And Leifr.

Edited by wellenbrecher

9 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

Heh :D ... Nope. Must be some brain fart in the code :) ... I'll try to hunt it down ASAP.

So the factory was further away than the depot, right?

It was a tank battle in 1515, the closest depot was Kliment'evo (1716-4), which got destroyed and the TB was instead supplied by Peredel (2214-4) and then it all switched to Gzhatsk factory (1809-3), reducing the supply timer from 65 in Peredel to 60 from Gzhatsk.

I dunno how/if at all damaged the factory was though at the start or if anything got repaired there.

Edited by wellenbrecher

36 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Will the late planesets be getting the BoBp aircraft?

Personally I hope not. For three reasons:

1) The Spitfire Mk. IX (all versions) where never available to the Russians

2) The G-14 was never available on the fronts which took place on the maps we have availble

3) There are currently no aircraft in the Allied Inventory which can keep up with the G-14

We did some tests on EAF private server yesterday and the G-14 is fantastic. It climbs like a rocket. Hang-time is even more fantastic than the La-5FN.

Although the Spit 9 is great, it is just no match for the G-14.

25 minutes ago, EAF_Starfire said:

Personally I hope not. For three reasons:

1) The Spitfire Mk. IX (all versions) where never available to the Russians

2) The G-14 was never available on the fronts which took place on the maps we have availble

3) There are currently no aircraft in the Allied Inventory which can keep up with the G-14

We did some tests on EAF private server yesterday and the G-14 is fantastic. It climbs like a rocket. Hang-time is even more fantastic than the La-5FN.

Although the Spit 9 is great, it is just no match for the G-14.

The Russians got like 1000 Spit Mk IXs via Lend-Lease, though they served in the PVO protecting important cities so they didn't see much frontline action, maybe intercepting high alt recon planes, but they did get them.

580723b88ce8e_SpitfireIXLFfromLendLeasep

spitfire-9.jpg

For other Allied aircraft against the G-14, the Yak-1B and La-5FN were in service when those were around, so it's a good historically viable match up.

1 minute ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

The Russians got like 1000 Spit Mk IXs via Lend-Lease, though they served in the PVO protecting important cities so they didn't see much frontline action, maybe intercepting high alt recon planes, but they did get them.

Reveal hidden contents

580723b88ce8e_SpitfireIXLFfromLendLeasep

spitfire-9.jpg

For other Allied aircraft against the G-14, the Yak-1B and La-5FN were in service when those were around, so it's a good historically viable match up.

If the available in the server reflects historical ratios and fronts, be my guest 😉

3 minutes ago, EAF_Starfire said:

If the available in the server reflects historical ratios and fronts, be my guest 😉

Well, there quite a few things in the servers that don't represent actual frontline quantities, like MC 202 and P-40E in Moscow scenarios, MC 202 with 20mm gunpods, LaGG-3 with 23mm, 37mm, IL-2 1942 with 37mm, Spitfire Mk V in non-Kuban scenarios (and even then only around 150 Spitfires Mk V were delivered, very small numbers which in a relatively short time were replaced because of lack of spare parts and other problems), Bf 109 G-6 with 30mm in 1943 Eastern Front scenarios, +500 Kg big LW bombs commonly used for their unintended targets (like big ships or fortresses).

I mean, compared to all of these the inclusion of the Spitfire Mk IX for the Russian side doesn't bend history that much, if you control all of the things I mentioned above then I can understand the strict historical sense.. but for example if in a certain mission the Spit Mk IX isn't allowed but at the same time there are Spit Mk Vs flying together with La-5FNs against 30mm Bf 109 G-6s over the Moscow map it's wrong historically anyway.

Could we have a look at the current planeset settings by any chance? Just the raw data.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:29 PM, Porky said:

Could we have a look at the current planeset settings by any chance? Just the raw data.

Here:

Spoiler

[
  {
    "index": 0,
    "german": [
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "mc202s8",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
    "russian": [
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  },
  {
    "index": 1,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "bf109g2",
      "mc202s8",      
      "fw190a3",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "hs129b2mk103",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "yak1s69",
      "spitfiremkvb",
      "yak7bs36",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "il2m42",
      "pe2s35",
      "pe2s87",
      "a20b",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  },
  {
    "index": 2,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "bf109g2",
      "bf109g4",
      "mc202s8",
      "fw190a3",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "bf110g2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "hs129b2mk103",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "yak1s69",
      "spitfiremkvb",
      "yak7bs36",
      "p39l1",
      "la5s8f",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "il2m42",
      "il2m43",
      "pe2s35",
      "pe2s87",
      "a20b",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  },
  {
    "index": 3,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "bf109g2",
      "bf109g4",
      "bf109g6",
      "mc202s8",
      "fw190a3",
      "fw190a5",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "bf110g2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "he111h16",
      "hs129b2mk103",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "yak1s69",
      "spitfiremkvb",
      "yak7bs36",
      "yak1s127",
      "p39l1",
      "la5s8f",
      "la5fns2",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "il2m42",
      "il2m43",
      "pe2s35",
      "pe2s87",
      "a20b",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  },
  {
    "index": 4,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "bf109g2",
      "bf109g4",
      "bf109g6",
      "bf109g14",
      "mc202s8",
      "fw190a3",
      "fw190a5",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "bf110g2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "he111h16",
      "hs129b2mk103",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "yak1s69",
      "spitfiremkvb",
      "spitfiremkix",
      "yak7bs36",
      "yak1s127",
      "p39l1",
      "la5s8f",
      "la5fns2",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "il2m42",
      "il2m43",
      "pe2s35",
      "pe2s87",
      "a20b",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  }
]

• Thanks 1

Didn't immediately find the reason why the respawn time improved when destroying the depot. Increased the amount of logging, so maybe we'll catch it if it happens again.

6 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Here:

Hide contents

[
  {
    "index": 0,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "mc202s8",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  },
  {
    "index": 1,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "bf109g2",
      "mc202s8",      
      "fw190a3",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "hs129b2mk103",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "yak1s69",
      "spitfiremkvb",
      "yak7bs36",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "il2m42",
      "pe2s35",
      "pe2s87",
      "a20b",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  },
  {
    "index": 2,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "bf109g2",
      "bf109g4",
      "mc202s8",
      "fw190a3",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "bf110g2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "hs129b2mk103",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "yak1s69",
      "spitfiremkvb",
      "yak7bs36",
      "p39l1",
      "la5s8f",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "il2m42",
      "il2m43",
      "pe2s35",
      "pe2s87",
      "a20b",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  },
  {
    "index": 3,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "bf109g2",
      "bf109g4",
      "bf109g6",
      "mc202s8",
      "fw190a3",
      "fw190a5",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "bf110g2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "he111h16",
      "hs129b2mk103",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "yak1s69",
      "spitfiremkvb",
      "yak7bs36",
      "yak1s127",
      "p39l1",
      "la5s8f",
      "la5fns2",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "il2m42",
      "il2m43",
      "pe2s35",
      "pe2s87",
      "a20b",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  },
  {
    "index": 4,
      "bf109e7",
      "bf109f2",
      "bf109f4",
      "bf109g2",
      "bf109g4",
      "bf109g6",
      "bf109g14",
      "mc202s8",
      "fw190a3",
      "fw190a5",
      "ju87d3",
      "bf110e2",
      "bf110g2",
      "ju88a4",
      "he111h6",
      "he111h16",
      "hs129b2mk103",
      "germanparas_he111h6",
      "germanparas_ju88a4",
      "germanparas_ju523mg4e",
      "repair_he111h6",
      "repair_ju88a4",
      "repair_ju523mg4e"
    ],
      "i16t24shvak",
      "mig3s24",
      "p40e1",
      "lagg3s29",
      "yak1s69",
      "spitfiremkvb",
      "spitfiremkix",
      "yak7bs36",
      "yak1s127",
      "p39l1",
      "la5s8f",
      "la5fns2",
      "il2m41vya23",
      "il2m42",
      "il2m43",
      "pe2s35",
      "pe2s87",
      "a20b",
      "russianparas_pe2s35",
      "russianparas_pe2s87",
      "repair_pe2s35",
      "repair_pe2s87"
    ]
  }
]

Thanks! That's a pretty nice and not too restrictive plane set.

I wonder, though, did you mix up the Yak-1b and the Yak-7b? The 7b (yak7bs36) is introduced in the second plane set while the 1b (yak1s127) only arrives in the fourth.

14 minutes ago, Porky said:

Thanks! That's a pretty nice and not too restrictive plane set.

I wonder, though, did you mix up the Yak-1b and the Yak-7b? The 7b (yak7bs36) is introduced in the second plane set while the 1b (yak1s127) only arrives in the fourth.

I'm using the developers' information:
Yak-7b Combat debut May 1942

Yak-1b Combat debut April 1943

I don't know why, I always assumed the 7b was later than the 1b. Perhaps because of the numbering and because Yak-7b is included in the BoK pack...

The 7b came before the Yak-3 as well, because it's a development from a different "branch" of the Yak family so to speak.. :p

IIRC it's a conversion of what used to be a 2-seater training craft.

Ya the 7b was a trainer, designated as 7t I think, that was converted to combat use. It had machine guns but I think they were upgraded to the 12.7's we get for combat use. They also stuffed the second seat space with gear and stuff. I believe the change from trainer to front line plane was in response to the new 109's showing up and being a bit more than the standard Yak 1 could handle.