LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Hi Temuri.

I fly VVS pretty much exclusively, however I have an interest in flying some lesser-used Luftwaffe aircraft (BF110). Is it possible to set up two profiles on the statistic website so that I may keep Red and Blue separate?

As far as I know, the stats system tracks the player by his id, so you'd probably need to get another account to have another profile.

Server down? I can't see it on the list all the afternoon...

Seems to have crashed in such a way that the watchdog couldn't restart the server. It's up now.

Stats, people worry about stats?

Fly the missions ppl, results are given on the ground.  Tanks attacking, air bases being captured, depots and factories being destroyed.  That's what I go by.  My stats would suck.

As for ping limitation, glad it isn't there as when I go on work trips to Australia, there ain't much around to fly on down this part of the planet.  Hope I am not warping to much for people but it doesn't seem to effect people from being able to shoot me down.

Ignoring stats also has the benefit of being able to fly both sides.  I tend to go with the side that is under represented when I first log in for the time I'm flying.  This usually is Germany but not always.  Enjoy flying both sides, Germany for med bombers and VVS for Il2's.

Trying out light ground attack as well at the moment using fighters.  The faq on the web is also great but some of the airbases on the Moscow map lack recon photos.

Keep up the great work )) S!

• Upvote 1

My thoughts, exactly :)

Well, I'm not so bothered about the actual statistics as I am being able to keep a clean and distinct profile for both Blue and Red. Heck, if I said I desire to fly only 110s would you think I'm still that bothered? :P

Well, I'm not so bothered about the actual statistics as I am being able to keep a clean and distinct profile for both Blue and Red. Heck, if I said I desire to fly only 110s would you think I'm still that bothered? :P

You desire to fly a fine machine sir.  :fly:

Yes, I think so!

I also think there's something wrong with me. :lol:

Would be nice if the stats system allowed you to apply filters. You could check per plane how you perform :)

Stats, people worry about stats?

Well, for my part I like the stats for roleplay purposes: keeping my pilot alive brings more immersion, and building up a nice streak is nice too (ground targets for my part, building up slowly with fighter-bomber sorties).

For that purpose, having separate stats for red and blue would make sense too, I think.

• Upvote 1

Well, for my part I like the stats for roleplay purposes: keeping my pilot alive brings more immersion, and building up a nice streak is nice too (ground targets for my part, building up slowly with fighter-bomber sorties).

For that purpose, having separate stats for red and blue would make sense too, I think.

Well given there is some co-ordination at times on the server so a pilot can survive a few mission in a row when working with team mates but it is not easy given no one uses voice comms.  At least not from what I have seen.

Also, in low periods of users logged in, flying against ground targets is a very dicy proposition as AA does a great job on me. ))

I can always try loading up a 111 with a 2800kg bomb and take out a tank base with that at alt )))

Hi guys!

One question;this happened to me for second time, when i got damaged and rtb low on deck and i'm being kicked from server i noticed it counts me as killed, should it work this way or just count emergency landing.

I could reach home airfield if i weren't kicked.

More details:while damaged rtb i've been engaged with two 109's.

I've managed to damage both and while finishing second one he dissapeared than i turned for the first one,didn't see him maybe he was kicked too so i turned rtb again and 2-3 seconds later i was kicked too.

When i connected again i saw it counted me as killed.

Thanks!

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

One question;this happened to me for second time, when i got damaged and rtb low on deck and i'm being kicked from server i noticed it counts me as killed, should it work this way or just count emergency landing.

I could reach home airfield if i weren't kicked.

We have no control over anything related to what the stats say in-game, and only very little control what the web site stats say.

• Upvote 1

The server is standing on rather shaky feet today.

It seems to go down in sync with "<field" commands unfortunately  :P

they good as i know if im getting less than 80GK per hour in my LW bombers i m doing a terrible job and not contributing too much to the team.

The server is standing on rather shaky feet today.

It seems to go down in sync with "<field" commands unfortunately  :P

so its constantly crashing?

I use that command when i join the server each time to see what im hitting

It crashed three times within half an hour, then we had a nice 20 minute sortie and then logged off. The commands worked in that last sortie just fine.

So I don't know. Might just have been odd timing with the crashes earlier. Just thought it might be note worthy for the devs in some way.

I have couple of questions. Server seems to be quite unstable lately with lot of crashes? Any reason for this of is it just bad luck? Then there is this mission re-start/map update -thing. How often this happens and what are the conditions that make it happen? It is quite frustrating when you are trying to fly bomber mission and have spend 30 mins or so to get everyone airborne, right altitude and formation and then re-start happens and you have to start from beginning. And since time is unfortunately in limited supply for me this at least often means "thanks for the exercise, don't have time to start over and fly full mission anymore, see you some other evening." So it would be nice to have some idea beforehand if and when re-start is going to happen. Finally the weather. How do determine the weather in mission? Now it seems that there is quite often quite bad weather, something that would have prevented flying in ww2 time period.

I have couple of questions. Server seems to be quite unstable lately with lot of crashes? Any reason for this of is it just bad luck? Then there is this mission re-start/map update -thing. How often this happens and what are the conditions that make it happen? It is quite frustrating when you are trying to fly bomber mission and have spend 30 mins or so to get everyone airborne, right altitude and formation and then re-start happens and you have to start from beginning. And since time is unfortunately in limited supply for me this at least often means "thanks for the exercise, don't have time to start over and fly full mission anymore, see you some other evening." So it would be nice to have some idea beforehand if and when re-start is going to happen. Finally the weather. How do determine the weather in mission? Now it seems that there is quite often quite bad weather, something that would have prevented flying in ww2 time period.

As far as we know, crashes are just bad luck/bug in dserver. The culprit most likely is the rcon that is enabled on the server. Unfortunately, the current implementation needs the rcon.

Missions run in 6 hour cycles. If all tank base battles are resolved before that time and no airfields are eligible for capture, the mission is rotated.

We are implementing a weather report that will be included on the stats pages. In addition, due to oversight, the pool where the java pulls the weather at random doesn't include clear weather at all. We'll be adding the clear weather too. That should give you more chances of better weather for bombing operations.

We'll be adding the clear weather too. That should give you more chances of better weather for bombing operations.

This is now done.

We are implementing a weather report that will be included on the stats pages. In addition, due to oversight, the pool where the java pulls the weather at random doesn't include clear weather at all. We'll be adding the clear weather too. That should give you more chances of better weather for bombing operations.

That explains a lot :) Nice to hear that weather will be improving :)

No, give us bombers snow storms ))

On a sad note, tonight 2 times I get to a run on a far away depot and my flight is cut short.  First time a server rotation and the second time a crash.  Poor old Klimentevo Depot missed out twice on some lovely German Chocolate Eggs.  Then again, I was happy to be able to navigate it 3 out of 4 times.  1 time I flew up the wrong river leading me over the VVS Air Filed, oops.

I hope server stability is greatly improved with the release of the next installment. 3.01 Kuban.  Not to mention the VVS will have a medium bomber which hopefully, can carry a similar loadout to the Ju88. :)

Credit where credit is due:

Tonight the server was rock solid and stable for us for close to three hours.

No crashes or anything with 30+ players.  :happy:

2/JG26 was trying numerous times to capture enemy airfields, after red tank base was down and red airfield was closed, we landed He111 with paras onboard there but no luck.

I checked it later on stats and it says I landed not on airfield.

Do we miss something regarding capturing enemy airfield (dont think so) or just server goes its own way?

Was there a text indicating that the airfield was available for capture on the map? If not, then the tank base you defeated was not the closest one to the airfield, there were still steps left.

If it's possible to capture an airfield, there will be the text "Close and capture airfield" shown on top of it.

LLv34_Untamo, on 11 Jan 2018 - 12:16, said:

Well, I've explained it in the server description, and many times over here in the discussion. But here goes again:
Airfield capture is enabled by winning the tank battle that is right next to the airfield. There can be many tank bases between the tank base you see in the mission and the airfield you want to capture. You just can't see them (so well) in the mission. See the http://il2missionplanner.com/#virtualpilotsfi map to see exactly how many steps there are.

You can see them in-game also, just not so well. Look for the lines between the tank base and the airfield. If there is a black line going straight from the tank base to the airfield, it will be the one that enables the capture. But if you see color (blue/red) line between them, there is more battles to be fought before you reach the field. Every angle and crossroad in the line is a tank base (that isn't in the current mission).

Every time you win a tank battle, the battle advances to the next (until you reach the airfield). If you advanced next to the airfield in this mission, in next mission rotation you might be able to be capture it, if there is a tank battle next to it. There might not be, because there are lots of active combat zones along the border, and only 3 (current setting) are picked to the mission randomly. When all tank battles have been resolved in one mission, the mission is rotated to give you the next battles.

Untamo thx for reply. Yes we did exactly what we had to do. Tank base was related to that airfield, it was closest one. Tanks went through, message about this received, then we closed particular airfield, we received the message Airfield closed and then I landed with paras. Nothing happened. So I went to my bed and slapped my beloved one...etc...

Back to server. I saw red Pe2 did capture our airfield yesterday, I was 5 secs late to spray it, but he did it. So I thought its working.

I checked it later on stats and it says I landed not on airfield.

Was there a text indicating that the airfield was available for capture on the map? If not, then the tank base you defeated was not the closest one to the airfield, there were still steps left.

I may be mistaken Untamo but I believe if you land on an enemy airfield  the stats do not say you did not land on an airfield.   I am sure I remember trying to capture a closed field that was not actually capturable and my stats just showing that I landed successfully.

Krak,  to capture a field it must actually say on the map that you are allowed to capture it.  Being 'Closed' is not enough.   You will also see a black line going to it.   If the line is Blue or Red before it turns Black then it means that when the map rotates there will be a new pair of tank bases where the colour changes so the field is not capturable yet.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Untamo thx for reply. Yes we did exactly what we had to do. Tank base was related to that airfield, it was closest one. Tanks went through, message about this received, then we closed particular airfield, we received the message Airfield closed and then I landed with paras. Nothing happened. So I went to my bed and slapped my beloved one...etc...

Back to server. I saw red Pe2 did capture our airfield yesterday, I was 5 secs late to spray it, but he did it. So I thought its working.

Do you happen to remember the tank base number and the airfield name? I can check logs.

It was mission #4271. We used southern blue airfield and attacked tank base SE from our field. Cant remember names or base number. I can update it later today just need my pc.

But have to add, that tank base was connected with a line to red airfield

Edited by 2/JG26_Krak

It was mission #4271. We used southern blue airfield and attacked tank base SE from our field. Cant remember names or base number. I can update it later today just need my pc

Yeah, looks like it indeed was 2213 and Medyn. So no bug.

Note this:

Look for the lines between the tank base and the airfield. If there is a black line going straight from the tank base to the airfield, it will be the one that enables the capture. But if you see color (blue/red) line between them, there is more battles to be fought before you reach the field. Every angle and crossroad in the line is a tank base (that isn't in the current mission).

Maybe we need to check if there is a thicker line type to use, so the colors can be distinguished easier.

Temuri, the colors are fine looks like we didnt go through rules and faqs properly. I had no idea about colors and what it means. Will check and follow it next time we are there. Black is back..

• Upvote 1

Do all objects on an air field need to be closed as per <field command?  Just wondering too as we had closed airfield and I flew in 2 flights of paras to no effect but noticed the tower was still open.

Also if a field is closed and turned other teams colour can it be recaptured by flying in paras before anything opens on that field?

Do all objects on an air field need to be closed as per <field command?  Just wondering too as we had closed airfield and I flew in 2 flights of paras to no effect but noticed the tower was still open.

Also if a field is closed and turned other teams colour can it be recaptured by flying in paras before anything opens on that field?

From the briefing:

"An enemy airfield can be captured ONLY after the tank base next to the enemy airfield is conquered. This is indicated by the "Close and capture airfield" text showing on the airfield.

To capture airfields, first destroy 80% of the targets on the airfields. This CLOSES the field. Then bring in a paratrooper plane ("paras"), land it successfully on the field and Finish Flight. Alternatively as Germans, drop 10 paratroopers on the field. This captures the field."

An airfield that was captured in the currently running mission cannot be recaptured in the same mission by the side that lost the airfield. Nor can the airfield be repaired and opened.

And what was said yesterday:

Note this:

Look for the lines between the tank base and the airfield. If there is a black line going straight from the tank base to the airfield, it will be the one that enables the capture. But if you see color (blue/red) line between them, there is more battles to be fought before you reach the field. Every angle and crossroad in the line is a tank base (that isn't in the current mission).

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Is there some trick to avoiding Russian AA? We're finding it unerringly accurate and deadly.

I'm trying to minimise time over the area, staying as fast as possible and often as low as possible, however it seems to always find a target (even the pilot, flying away from an airfield, below a ridge, through a dense forest). :sleep:

Is there some trick to avoiding Russian AA? We're finding it unerringly accurate and deadly.

I'm trying to minimise time over the area, staying as fast as possible and often as low as possible, however it seems to always find a target (even the pilot, flying away from an airfield, below a ridge, through a dense forest). :sleep:

This has been discussed earlier. Please see previous posts. :)

@leifr

There is a trick to avoiding russian aaa in say a 110G2 buts its not as easy as avoiding german aaa in pe2.
Biggest thing is fly at angle to the area and watch the incoming fast firing AAA (Ignore the heavy flak mostly)

As you see the incoming Fast aaa (61K 72K) then you adjust flight path to stay ahead of it,
never take eyes off the aaa and adjust accordingly. after a pass on a gun dont turn straight back to next gun,
Extend away 3km or so in a almost straight line Porpoising like a .. Porpoise.

That being said while it works.
most times i get lazy stop extending away straight and get show down

Edited by =TBAS=OccludedLight14

How we do that..

1. Whenever its possible, make your run with someone else. Power is in numbers.

2. You may notice that AA needs to reload. So keep your distance and let them shot till they need to reload and thats your time.

3. Ignore heavy AAA, they are useless in short distance. Light AAA must go first.

4. Enjoy

Finding AA busting easier in a fighter than a twin light bomber.

Speed, agility but choose a fighter with good armament i.e FW 190 Jabo on German side or P40 / La5 on the VVS.  

For me on a 15" Screen, I can't see the AA until I am on approach, easier on a large monitor but I am on the road so, them the breaks.  I use the AA line of fire to locate them, select my target 1 at a time from outlying AA first make a pass at speed porpoising into target.  Then extend with fast, low shallow turns till out of range, take time, come round and repeat.

1 AA at a time and it you are damaged from a pass, break off and go home. Rule for me to pay attention to.  It's a learning process.

Once Tank Base AA is down, return with bombs.  Much easier to do with the German bombers as they carry quite a load  but at least with the Pe you will be able to dive bomb without getting blown to pieces.