Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

LLv34_Untamo

8 hours ago, 72AGk_Atochi said:

Как статистика работает? С зенитки попадал по пепелацу, а в стате ничего не отображается. Сбил один пепелац и не понятно кого!

Наверное потому что зена не самолет и не танк , куда писать стату .. P.S. Ты думаешь они поймут что такое пепелац ? )

41Sqn_Riksen
8 minutes ago, UFO* said:

Наверное потому что зена не самолет и не танк , куда писать стату .. P.S. Ты думаешь они поймут что такое пепелац ? )

Wrong forum. You are probably looking for this one here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/14511-finnish-virtualpilots-and-loose-deuce-dynamic-war/

But since this is not the first time you do this, I think, perhaps, you think it is some sort of our obligation to understand you.

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
Posted (edited)

The way I feel is basically that limiting vehicles based on supply (however low that is that then can be resupplied, ) is totally awesome.  Setting a tiny hard limit on vehicles or even removing them completely when they should be there (assuming we're trying to recreate period correct aircraft load-outs or recreating a battle) for the sake of balance is really lame.  I know there is concern that the possibility of large numbers of 262s may break the game.  Let's be real here, there are only in the last planeset, and planesets reset every 48(?) hrs.  That realistically is NOT going to change the outcome of the war for the blue side, and I honestly think reds would enjoy shooting down more 262s in all honesty 😄

If 48 hrs is too much then maybe make a 10th planeset that only lasts for 1 day that has unlimited (limited but resuppliable by supply aircraft) at the rearmost airfields. 

Want to make it even harder for noobs to become instant aces in the 262? Take away the fuel system upgrade and watch them struggle with engine fires...if they're even able to start the engine and get up into the air without issue.

Let people play what they want.  Berloga allows this and I rarely see a large number of people flying the 262 in the late war section.

Edited by =Elite=BlitzPuppet
Additions

69th_Mobile_BBQ
7 hours ago, Amyel said:

@69th_Mobile_BBQ

Just need to pour tiny bit more lighter fluid into barbeque :)

When you say axis do not intercept bombers - can it (yet again) be due to a fact that they are fighting both fronts at the same time?

(I think) On west front those bombers were flying high alt, making them easier to spot  (ekhm radar too) and then possibly intercept on the way.

On east front bombers might have been doing (very) low alt runs, and even though axis planes would have been staying high - with no high alt counterparts (P-51, P-38, Tempests) - meaning way lesser chances to be jumped on/bounced by the enemy - they could be more eager to dive and attack?

Also - can someone explain to me smokes at frontlines?
I usually can see up to 3 big fires/smokes. I watched Enigma's video and it mentions big fire as a help to locate frontline, but why 3 fires? They can be very afar from each others so is there anything special about the side ones? Like showing the curve of a frontline etc.?

Then i can see small red/blue smokes - and i think those are paratroopers drop points?

But then i can see some grey smokes (usually in pack of 4) - bigger that para smokes and the location seems to be random? Once i could see them in a midlle of a lake.

What are they (purpose)?

OK, one more - i took D9 for a spin and noticed some markings next to speedometer (highlights for 2,3,5,7 and 9 k). Is this something important or just cockpit detail with not much effect in game?

I was talking in-game.  TBH, I think most Axis fighter pilots care more about personal score than winning the map as a team.   Why fly patrols attempting to cut off the bomber from getting to target when you can use his bomb explosions as a reference point to more-easily spot him?  it seems most people dive bomb - so why attack when they have altitude and can make evasive maneuvers when you can wait and catch them low without anymore altitude to trade for energy?

6 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

1) I supose you are missing the biggest point - on most airfields 262s cant take off, not even on rheinland map. 

What is the greatest limitation to that jet, than not being able to take off? 

Having them available is good as it is now imo, not talking about the front airfields are mostly being vulched and you can imagine what chances you have with the longest start-up plane in the game. 

2) The bigger problem is the broken Spitfire flightmodel wich allows to to hover like a helicopter while still aiming accurately with full flaps and wheels down. 

1) I have ALWAYS said that I had no problems with there being 262 "unicorns" on the map, just that overwhelming numbers would break the gameplay.

If it's true that the amount of viable airfields makes 262 numbers limitation a self-regulating system with no need for mission builder intervention then, hey! Problem solved! Let it fly!

2) There's multiple threads out there detailing and discussing flight models with broken aspects and flight model exploits.  Find one of those and participate in the discussion there, please. 

SvAF/F16_lassekongo

Is it possible to let pe2 spawn at front airfields as it carries the exact same bombload as the bf110 ?

• Upvote 3

Pancake_Policy

I must have missed the change.  What are the conditions for AI SPAA to spawn at the temp airfield?  Ty

69th_Mobile_BBQ

Is there any way to separate transport flights using bomber models from actual bomber pilot rank boards?  I've ended up in the top bomber pilots overall rankings just for flying transports and not actually bombing anything.  It kind of feels like I've unintentionally "gamed the system".

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Is there any way to separate transport flights using bomber models from actual bomber pilot rank boards?  I've ended up in the top bomber pilots overall rankings just for flying transports and not actually bombing anything.  It kind of feels like I've unintentionally "gamed the system".

Keep up the good work . 

• Upvote 1

Amyel

Few questions (reposted and not all server related)

1. Can someone explain to me smokes at frontlines?
I usually can see up to 3 big fires/smokes. I watched Enigma's video and it mentions big fire as a help to locate frontline, but why 3 fires? They can be very afar from each others so is there anything special about the side ones? Like showing the curve of a frontline etc.?

Then i can see small red/blue smokes - and i think those are paratroopers drop points?

But then i can see some grey smokes (usually in pack of 4) - bigger that para smokes and the location seems to be random? Once i could see them in a midlle of a lake.

What are they (purpose)?

@Enigma89, @LLv34_Temuri

2. I took D9 for a spin and noticed some markings next to speedometer (highlights for 2,3,5,7 and 9 k). Is this something important or just cockpit detail with not much effect in game?

3. I downloaded some skins with HSD app. When i use custom skin - does it automatically mean that everyone can see it? And if not - is just a default skin displayed?

iFoxRomeo
1 hour ago, Amyel said:

2. I took D9 for a spin and noticed some markings next to speedometer (highlights for 2,3,5,7 and 9 k). Is this something important or just cockpit detail with not much effect in game?

It is the Vne at the marking's altitude. E.g. 9k is 9 km altitude and Vne 500km/h IAS

Fox

• Thanks 1

ITAF_Gerry_Lil_Rocket

Hello,

any chance to defining a  stronger punishment for friendly fire?

Recently i was hitted,downed and rammed several times by friendly  and, especially with the actual planeset, taking Macchi 202 it's nothing but a certainty....

maybe a harder penalty could lead to a deeper aircraft identification before squeezing the trigger?

• Upvote 1

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
5 hours ago, Amyel said:

3. I downloaded some skins with HSD app. When i use custom skin - does it automatically mean that everyone can see it? And if not - is just a default skin displayed?

I don't think custom skins are enabled on the server.  I have all the HSD skins all downloaded and haven't been able to see the custom skins that squadmates have selected.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

I don't think custom skins are enabled on the server.  I have all the HSD skins all downloaded and haven't been able to see the custom skins that squadmates have selected.

Do you have their skins in your library . You will only see skins if you also have them in your game . 

If winter and you use custom skin you will fly default winter skin so I believe . This was brought up few years back . 

what would be nice is server has custom skins , that you can download and use . 

A few question . 

Is Vulching allowed on landing Airframes . ?

Is vulching allowed . ?

Is Chute killing allowed . ?

Is team steeling allowed . ?

Is shoulder shooting allowed . ? 

lol ...😇😆😆

Edited by KoN_

SvAF/F16_horsky
Posted (edited)

Its working on Finnish LD server, havent tried the main server. Do let know if it works.

Edited by SvAF/F16_horsky

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SvAF/F16_horsky said:

Its working on Finnish LD server, havent tried the main server. Do let know if it works.

???

What's working on the other server . ?

Edited by KoN_

=Elite=BlitzPuppet
7 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

Do you have their skins in your library . You will only see skins if you also have them in your game .  - Yup, They can't see my skin and I can't see theirs.  I have them all downloaded

If winter and you use custom skin you will fly default winter skin so I believe . This was brought up few years back . 

what would be nice is server has custom skins , that you can download and use . 

A few question . 

Is Vulching allowed on landing Airframes . ? yes

Is vulching allowed . ? yes

Is Chute killing allowed . ? only on paratroopers. all listed in the rules http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/info/

• Thanks 1

SvAF/F16_horsky
1 hour ago, KoN_ said:

???

What's working on the other server . ?

1 hour ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

1 hour ago, SvAF/F16_horsky said:

This sorry I didnt quote....

• Like 1

69th_Mobile_BBQ

I see soldiers walking around inside the front line ground target areas.   It's neat for the "immersion" factor but, would turning them off increase performance - even if it's by a little bit?   Some of the dogfights on the server are 20+ pilots directly over the front line installations.  It can be lag hell sometimes.  I'm sure any little % of optimization would be appreciated by most people.  Besides, the ground personnel not manning guns/equipment don't seem to have any other actions except to walk around like there's no war on at all.  

• Upvote 1

ITAF_Airone1989
11 minutes ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

I see soldiers walking around inside the front line ground target areas.   It's neat for the "immersion" factor but, would turning them off increase performance - even if it's by a little bit?   Some of the dogfights on the server are 20+ pilots directly over the front line installations.  It can be lag hell sometimes.  I'm sure any little % of optimization would be appreciated by most people.  Besides, the ground personnel not manning guns/equipment don't seem to have any other actions except to walk around like there's no war on at all.  

It should be related to the ground object, some of them have the infantry by default. Not sure it's possible to turning them off.

• Thanks 1

BG26_Ogg

Hopefully I can get a server admin from the Finns to answer a couple of questions (after I make a comment) about the new RRR system of frontline Temporary Airfields.

After careful consideration of the situation I have come to a few conclusions. 
The enemy (both sides) likes to vultch these frontline Temporary airfields even before the RRR came to be.
So why would someone want to take the time to Rearm, Repair, and Refuel when, they can be killed by people that think being LTAP gives license to do cheesy tactics?
Why not make it count for something other than the enemy stat padding it is going to become?

How about we change the Frontline Temporary Airfield rules to make them mean something real?
Just for craps and haps how about making the Frontline Temporary Airfield unspawnable?

How about 5 minutes after a supply plane has landed at the Frontline Temporary Airfield a triple amount of Low altitude AAA shows up to defend the RRR vehicle?

Along with making them deadly to attack for idiots we make them deadly to even go near for anything under 2500 meter (I believe that's the low altitude AAA range) distance.

By using the short range AAA you can still drop bombs on it from Altitude just not be able to go down and strafe those choosing to rearm, refuel, and repair their aircraft.

By making the Temporary Frontline Airfield unspawnable means if you want an aircraft up near the front then you'll just have to work to keep it near the front.

Simply put you still have to fly a supply plane into the frontline airfield (maybe even 2) to supply it with fuel, munitions, Defenses, and a repair vehicle.  Five minutes later a Fuel truck, a munitions truck and a repair vehicle shows up on the field. Five minutes after the RRR vehicles show up AAA batteries are put in place to defend the airfield from low flying enemies who are there to destroy the vehicles.  Then the Airfield is ready for RRR work.

I know this means more coding for the generous server builders of the Finns but I am curious if in your infinite wisdom if you thought about changing rules just a bit to make it a little more interesting?

VBF-12_Sluggo

Grandson,  Yes I was there almost 300 plane kill streak with no deaths by the great AMMI.  Two other century by Dogefighter and Krupinski.  and the End of Moscow.  

The End of Moscow......

69th_Mobile_BBQ
7 hours ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

It should be related to the ground object, some of them have the infantry by default. Not sure it's possible to turning them off.

Thanks for the info.  

[F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
10 hours ago, BG26_Ogg said:

So why would someone want to take the time to Rearm, Repair, and Refuel when, they can be killed by people that think being LTAP gives license to do cheesy tactics?

as much as vulching is annoying, it's also countered pretty easily, and if you as a pilot can get to a tempfield without getting shot down, chances are strong you can take off from there as well.

The big advantage of RRR is for rear-field planes, especially rear-field bombers, and I've seen plenty of usage in that area.

LLv34_Untamo
Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2021 at 10:42 PM, Trefftz_Plane said:

I must have missed the change.  What are the conditions for AI SPAA to spawn at the temp airfield?  Ty

We have no AI units on temps. Only players spawn SPAA there.

22 hours ago, Amyel said:

What are they (purpose)?

@Enigma89, @LLv34_Temuri

1. They're just scenery, something that helps the players locate the conflict areas. They are positioned randomly more or less between the opposing forces. The sizes / types are randomized as well.

17 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

3. We have customs skins enabled, but no, people won't see the skins unless they have the same skins available in their game folder. There is no automatic skin download in the game currently. Please upvote:

13 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

The personnel walking around are game generated, we have no control over them.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

LLv34_Temuri
22 hours ago, Amyel said:

They can be very afar from each others so is there anything special about the side ones? Like showing the curve of a frontline etc.?

Smokes are placed along the frontline to give you an idea where the battle is at. Note that the location where the front troops icon is is not the only place where there are targets. Look for targets along the blue/red lines running through the front troops icon.

18 hours ago, ITAF_Gerry_Lil_Rocket said:

ny chance to defining a  stronger punishment for friendly fire

The automatic system will give harsher penalties for repeated offences.

17 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

I don't think custom skins are enabled on the server

Custom skins are enabled.

16 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Is Vulching allowed on landing Airframes . ?

Is vulching allowed . ?

Yes.

16 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Is Chute killing allowed . ?

No.

16 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Is team steeling allowed . ?

What is "team steeling"? Team killing? No that's not allowed.

16 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Is shoulder shooting allowed . ?

Can't be checking for this so can't really ban it. If you go down because of shoulder shooting friendly, that friendly will get teamkill, and the automatic system should punish him.

13 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

I see soldiers walking around inside the front line ground target areas. 

Automatic thing. Can't be turned off.

11 hours ago, BG26_Ogg said:

Hopefully I can get a server admin from the Finns to answer a couple of questions (after I make a comment) about the new RRR system of frontline Temporary Airfields.

We are already at just about the maximum number of AI objects already. Temp fields are working as intended.

11 hours ago, BG26_Ogg said:

why would someone want to take the time to Rearm, Repair, and Refuel when, they can be killed by people that think being LTAP gives license to do cheesy tactics?

Because when the enemy isn't at the temporary and you come there with e.g. Ju88, you can take a full bomb load and return to the frontline in a fraction of the time it takes you to come to the frontline from the rear field again. It's meant to be be high risk - high gain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Enigma89
On 5/4/2021 at 6:57 AM, Amyel said:

What are they (purpose)?

@Enigma89, @LLv34_Temuri

I am not part of the admin staff so Temuri will have to answer you about the grey/black smoke. My understanding is that it's just a visual indicator to help find the front. 

For red and blue smoke, this video explains the mechanics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

BG26_Ogg

I asked what I asked because I sat outside an AXIS temp airfield and played with my stopwatch for two hours.  Of those two hours I observed  1 hour 36 minutes and 27 seconds were spent with Allied aircraft being visible to the airfield.  Every time some soul would spawn in, with an Allied aircraft visible to the airfield, they were strafed and I will assume killed because they despawned.  So if you knew someone was going to RRR without protection why would you go anywhere but the unprotected airfields?  Simply just hang out and wait for someone to land then fly over and kill them during RRR or if they despawned and respawn kill them while starting an engine?  There are too many LTAPs that because of the unprotected nature of Temporary Airfields loiter near them and do just that.

As for doing it to save rear airfield aircraft the time to fly back where they came from it doesn't matter as we usually are flying back to the rear areas so we don't get killed by LTAPs lurking over the Frontline fields as it is.

Diggun
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BG26_Ogg said:

I sat outside an AXIS temp airfield and played with my stopwatch for two hours.

You must be fun at parties.

Quite seriously though, if this was last night European time, there was a concerted effort by the allied team to deny the two temporary airfields to the axis, as we (I was engaged in this effort) were desperately pushing to (finally) take Vjazma and therefore roll the map. The airfield denial worked pretty well (not helped by the fact that the axis didn't supply one of their temp airfields for nearly 3 hours of the mission, meaning we just had to concentrate on denying one instead of two), which meant that the allied ground pounders could go in and do their stuff.

If the axis wants to use their temp airfields to RRR, I suggest that they defend them more effectively using fighters from the rear airfields.  :)

Edited by Diggun
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

GOA_Firebird_VR
2 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

I am not part of the admin staff so Temuri will have to answer you about the grey/black smoke. My understanding is that it's just a visual indicator to help find the front. 

For red and blue smoke, this video explains the mechanics

Thanks for sharing the video Enigma.

S

Edgartonian2241
3 hours ago, BG26_Ogg said:

I asked what I asked because I sat outside an AXIS temp airfield and played with my stopwatch for two hours.  Of those two hours I observed  1 hour 36 minutes and 27 seconds were spent with Allied aircraft being visible to the airfield.  Every time some soul would spawn in, with an Allied aircraft visible to the airfield, they were strafed and I will assume killed because they despawned.  

Well if there was an allied fighter floating about then there would be the red sword on map before you spawn in to let you know. Also if your on SRS or even chat team work can be used to clear the temp airfield. I got killed from one and called it out that there was enemy at the temp airfield. 5mins later there was 2fighters pulled from the front line to clear the skies. While they were their they landed rearmed and away again. It works well I think. I understand what you want but I also think why? If i can take the risk to land there and not have to travel 20mins back to home airport. I'd rather just bail and respawn. 

Amyel
4 hours ago, Enigma89 said:

Subscribed to your YT channel for some time already ;)

Sorry for tagging you - as you have posted quite few nice videos explaining some mechanics on the server and I have seen you answering some queries on forum, I have (wrongly) assumed that you might have some answers to my question.

69th_Mobile_BBQ

Stats main page says 0/0 as far as "battles won" goes.  The Allies just won Moscow.  Was this a matter of a maximum time limit exceeded / draw?

LLv34_Untamo
4 minutes ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Stats main page says 0/0 as far as "battles won" goes.  The Allies just won Moscow.  Was this a matter of a maximum time limit exceeded / draw?

Nah. A crash happened on the point of generating the next mission after Allied victory. The victory would have been marked if the mission would have rolled properly... Will add the victory tomorrow manually.

Enigma89
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Amyel said:

Subscribed to your YT channel for some time already ;)

Sorry for tagging you - as you have posted quite few nice videos explaining some mechanics on the server and I have seen you answering some queries on forum, I have (wrongly) assumed that you might have some answers to my question.

No worries! Before I play any game or server I like to understand the rules so it's in my nature to document so I answer any questions when I can to try to help. 😁 The Finns are the ones that run and own the server, I just wanted to throw that out there again so people know that I am just a player. 😄 

Edited by Enigma89

[U99]OttoU99
Posted (edited)

Pz IV Aufs vs Т 34. Recapture the airfield. Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War. IL 2 Sturmovik.
To recapture the military airfield from the Red Army. 
Everything is like in war ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFu1TnSAHLs

Edited by [U99]OttoU99

BG26_Ogg
23 hours ago, Diggun said:

If the axis wants to use their temp airfields to RRR, I suggest that they defend them more effectively using fighters from the rear airfields.  :)

I see you like making my point for me while at the same time not knowing that you did it.

20 hours ago, Edgartonian2241 said:

Well if there was an allied fighter floating about then there would be the red sword on map before you spawn in to let you know. 

Also incorrect.  We often hunt "Bomber Airfields" without setting off EWS.  We watch them taxi over to the runway and form up with others.  We watch them taking off.  And we wait for them to leave, what we refer to as, "The Cone of Silence" and then bounce them.  Never having set off the EWS.

69th_Mobile_BBQ

Are RRR areas specific to each side?   I could swear that, 2 days ago, an opponent pilot might have been testing this by landing at our temporary and parking in the RRR area. 

[U99]OttoU99
Posted (edited)

Gentlemen, we invite you to take part in the creation of a grandiose film!
May 8, 2021, 18:00 GMT + 0
go to the blue Axis team on the server Finnish virtual pilot Loose Deuse
and everyone who wants to attack objects in sector # 1 of the red side.
The attack on sector # 1 of the red side should begin at exactly 18:00 GMT + 0!
If you agree to participate, please put
Upvote for the blue side and Sad for the red team.
All participants will definitely be noted in the film credits!

Скрытый текст

Джентельмены большая просьба к Вам участвовать в создании грандиозного фильма!
Прошу Вас  8/05/2021  в 21:00 мск.
зайти за синюю Axis  команду на server Finnish virtual pilot Loose Deuse
и всем атаковать обьекты в секторе #1 красной стороны.
Атака на сектор #1 красной стороны должна начаться ровно в 21:00 мск!
Если согласны участвовать пожалуйста ставьте Upvote за синюю сторону и Sad  за красную команду.
Все участники будут обязательно отмечены в титрах фильма!!!

Edited by [U99]OttoU99
  • Upvote 1

SShrike

The RRR truck is quite inconvenient for aircraft so far. It has been way out in the field. This means having to drive the plane out to it across bumpy terrain. Is it possible to place it at the airfield?