When a tank battle is next to an airfield, like it currently is with Tank Base 1018 next to Alferevo:
and that tank battle is won, the airfield becomes capturable. There will be text showing "Close and capture airfield" when it is so.
However, if there is another tank battle between the current one and the airfield, then the airfield doesn't become capturable. Instead, the next tank battle becomes "contested", i.e. it may be picked to the next mission. "Contested" tank battles are picked to the mission randomly, as we can't have all of them in the mission, it would be too heavy. In addition, we don't have AI or crystal ball to determine which tank bases the players would like to have active in the next mission.
The next mission is generated when there is nothing to do in the current mission or the mission time runs out. "Nothing to do" here means that all tank battles are resolved and no airfield is in capturable state. So, to rotate the mission earlier than mission time running out, conquer all enemy tank bases and capture any capturable airfields.
The enemy tank attack you refer to is actually a bug in the system. Untamo is investigating this.
Our capturing of the VVS airfields has been about:
1. Check if there's a tank base that is adjacent to an airfield, i.e. one that after winning will put the airfield into capturable state.
2. Check the status of that tank base with the "<field" command, e.g. "<field 1018", and note what is the repair time and which depot/factory the repair is coming from.
3. If the repair time in step 2 is quite low (~<30-50 mins), go and destroy the depot/factory repairing the tank base first. Then check status again. Repeat until there's enough repair time.
4. Destroy the enemy tank base, make sure own tanks reach enemy tank base line.
5. Close and capture airfield.
Edited by LLv34_Temuri, 18 August 2017 - 11:00.