LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

5 hours ago, Leifr said:

How busy is the server these days?

Currently not very busy due to ongoing TAW campaign. Let’s see how it is after TAW ends.

STRESS TEST on the Virtualpilots' server on Sunday Nov 4th 2018 at 19CET:

Time Zones:
-13 (1pm) New York
-18 UK
-19 Central European Time
-20 Finland
-21 Moscow

Dear friends, welcome to test the new and improved script of the Finnish Virtualpilots' IL2 BoS server. Please invite your friends and enemies to the party. We're trying to get a full server to have a proper stress test. Our intention is to organise a Special Event in the near future, with organised command structures on both sides. The stress test is vital to evaluate the performance of the server with a large number of players.

• Like 4

S!

Updates on the server logic:

1) We have long time felt that the supply system is somewhat bland, not affecting much, mostly just annoying when you run out. So, we introduced COMMUNIS....I mean collectivism! The personal airfield supply is no more. It is now replaced by collective airfield supply. Every airfield now has a pool of max 50 planes from which everyone buying a plane will draw from.

Supply coming from factories and supply flights now bring each +10 planes to the airfield. The award points from a supply flight now also depend on the amount of planes on the airfield. If the airfield is already full, you get nothing. If the airfield is at 50% or less, you get full points. If the supply is at 50-100% you get linearly diminishing returns. So bring supply when it counts :)

When a plane is bought from the supply, players get updates on the chat about the supply status. You get messages for every even 10 planes, and when the supply drops below 10 you get updates for every plane ("bring supply ASAP"), and when the airfield is totally out of planes. When the airfield runs out of supply, no one without a bought plane on that airfield won't be able to purchase a plane on that airfield (even tier 1), so it is quite important for your side to keep the front airfields supplied. We hope that these changes to the supply system make it a bit more tactical and meaningful.

2) Award point scoring updates:

- If you ditch in the middle of nowhere (and make it to safety), you get 20% of the normal score (if you had any from that flight).

- If you ditch on friendly airfield (plane damaged) you get 50% and keep the plane.

- If you die / get captured, you lose 66% of your award points (instead of losing all as before).

3) Ground attack warning messages. The ground objectives now call for help with a small delay (~30s) when they get attacked. You get an onscreen warning and a chat message.

• Like 2

some feedback;

Naval  convoys aka depots are impossible to destroy (flying mostly alone lately).

Amount of flak that keeps respawning on those ships even destroyed is insane, i destroy/damage one ship and next sortie every flak is back.

I flew for two hours today in  multiple sorties and didn't manage to destroy depot/naval convoy resulting by me leaving the server, dying every second sortie by that flak.

Now for fully populated sever and with multiple players attacking such hard objectives it's ok but for low numbers  on server it's suicide mission.... i guess that's why map is static, low player numbers with hard objectives!

cheers!

9 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

some feedback;

Naval  convoys aka depots are impossible to destroy (flying mostly alone lately).

Amount of flak that keeps respawning on those ships even destroyed is insane, i destroy/damage one ship and next sortie every flak is back.

I flew for two hours today in  multiple sorties and didn't manage to destroy depot/naval convoy resulting by me leaving the server, dying every second sortie by that flak.

Now for fully populated sever and with multiple players attacking such hard objectives it's ok but for low numbers  on server it's suicide mission.... i guess that's why map is static, low player numbers with hard objectives!

cheers!

My bad. I forgot to adjust the AI level back to Low after the latest change to the mission template, in which I added a couple of truck convoys.

• Thanks 1

S!

Good thing we started playing the red side for this round as we just uncovered a bug in the code yesterday. This nasty bugger caused the Russian tank battle dice roll to basically fail every time. This bug has been there since we got rid of the moving tanks. It has now been fixed.

• Haha 1

Naval convoy feedback again 😁;

Merchant ships can't be sunked no matter how much bombs you drop on them they just smoke and float, however in stats it counts them as destroyed but ingame it doesn't count naval convoy as destroyed.

Destroyers are fine, they sunk after few bombs on the right spot.

Cheers!

On 10/29/2018 at 7:56 PM, EAF_Ribbon said:

Naval convoy feedback again 😁;

Merchant ships can't be sunked no matter how much bombs you drop on them they just smoke and float, however in stats it counts them as destroyed but ingame it doesn't count naval convoy as destroyed.

Destroyers are fine, they sunk after few bombs on the right spot.

Cheers!

I asked @LLv34_Flanker and LLv34_Hogleg about this, and they confirmed that destroying the merchant ships is possible. If the stats report them as destroyed, the background java should report them as destroyed too as they're both using the same logs. So let us know if you witness this again.

• Thanks 1

S!

Bombed all 3 cargo ships from a Ju88A-4, altitude 4km. Used 4 x 500kg bomb loadout. One hit, one ship down. Pe-2 with 500kg bomb is more than capable of this too. Most of times I see people fly STRAIGHT into the AAA, dying very fast or get damaged. Level bombing or dive bombing best methods, at least for me.

20 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

Bombed all 3 cargo ships from a Ju88A-4, altitude 4km. Used 4 x 500kg bomb loadout. One hit, one ship down. Pe-2 with 500kg bomb is more than capable of this too. Most of times I see people fly STRAIGHT into the AAA, dying very fast or get damaged. Level bombing or dive bombing best methods, at least for me.

Speed and mave movement in two axis are my key to survival.

I do this by diving from at least 2.5 Km.

I start my dive parallel to the ships (or at least of bore) doing S-turns or just doing a gentle turn (to loose as little speed as possible). The turn gets harder as I get closer (but no break turns). My dive end close to the ship and allow me to skip bomb (altitude around 15 meters).

After release I keep low making jinks in both planes.

I never attack more than one at the time unless I have a wingman to drag AAA.

25% getting home without a scratch.

50% limping home

25% ending in a parachute

• Upvote 1

S!

If attacking ships alone it is hard. 3 planes is more than enough to have one drawing AAA and rest attacking. Break off immediately if getting targeted. Barrel roll seems to work against the AAA when flying away as well. Never fly straight, not even for a second or the all tracking AI will hit you. But dumb as a boot when turning.

• Upvote 1

On 10/25/2018 at 12:17 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

STRESS TEST on the Virtualpilots' server on Sunday Nov 4th 2018 at 19CET:

Time Zones:
-13 (1pm) New York
-18 UK
-19 Central European Time
-20 Finland
-21 Moscow

Dear friends, welcome to test the new and improved script of the Finnish Virtualpilots' IL2 BoS server. Please invite your friends and enemies to the party. We're trying to get a full server to have a proper stress test. Our intention is to organise a Special Event in the near future, with organised command structures on both sides. The stress test is vital to evaluate the performance of the server with a large number of players.

This is tomorrow, sunday. Welcome!!

Camo

• Thanks 1

A few crashes so far due to the chat log parser, this should be fixed now. With 72 pilots the server software itself seemed to be stable. Some warping was present though, so we dropped the player limit to 64.

Testing continues, please join the fun! :)

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Aaand now we found a different bug! Thank you all for the testing tonight. S!

And Untamo fixed it. Server running again.

• Thanks 1

Tweaked the planesets. They are now based on BoM/BoS/BoK planesets with some overlap. The current planeset looks like this:
planesettiersv4.png

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 2:49 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Based on feedback, we've removed the skin locking, so you're again free to use your custom skins.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect! Thank you Sir :) SCG will be back and host our events in your server again!

16 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Tweaked the planesets. They are now based on BoM/BoS/BoK planesets with some overlap. The current planeset looks like this:
planesettiersv4.png

Nice, even i think 190a3 should be in the same tier with yak1b

Hi guys,

In the tank base 0830  the targets disappear and reappear, and also the third mission in which the airfield F12 can be captured.

At the beginning of the mission is announced the Russian attack in the sector 0829, but there isnt tank base!

S!

S!

The out-of-mission tank attack bug now fixed. The disappearing/reappearing units problem source also located, but not yet fixed.

some feedback and suggestion;

-with VVS side pushed back there is longer distances to fly, now i like that but respawn times from depots makes it really hard to achieve anything at some point.

situation is this; i destroy convoy which is really far away and that's fine, but it re-rute respawn from another depot with very short respawn times, now taking in mind distances from airfield to tankbase you need to go destroy second depot which is again far  away.....all that takes a lot of time given that to destroy depot takes at least 2 sorties.

Too much time to be able attack single tankbase, at that point i give up.

Suggestion; tie only one depot/convoy per airfield and tankbase

Cheers!

S!

On 11/13/2018 at 9:36 AM, EAF_Ribbon said:

some feedback and suggestion;

-with VVS side pushed back there is longer distances to fly, now i like that but respawn times from depots makes it really hard to achieve anything at some point.

situation is this; i destroy convoy which is really far away and that's fine, but it re-rute respawn from another depot with very short respawn times, now taking in mind distances from airfield to tankbase you need to go destroy second depot which is again far  away.....all that takes a lot of time given that to destroy depot takes at least 2 sorties.

Too much time to be able attack single tankbase, at that point i give up. 

Suggestion; tie only one depot/convoy per airfield and tankbase 

We are getting a bit mixed signals now. Some want longer distances. Others think short distances are great. We can't please all, and anyways, the distances vary depending on the frontline situation. We can tune the general respawn times a bit, but tying the respawn times to a single source would beat the whole dynamic idea.

Anyways... Couple of adjustments, new feature and a bug fix:

- Now adjacent tank battles won't be selected in a mission to spread them out more on the front.

- Airfield no longer can have two adjacent tank battles in a mission simultaneously (same effect as the previous adjustment).

- If attacking a tank/naval battle or a depot that has too short respawn time (<35min for tank/naval battle and  <65min for depot), you will get a notification to attack the repair source. Hopefully this will help new players understand the mission logic a bit better.

- Fixed (hopefully) the bug that caused some tank bases objects to disappear / reappear at random.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

S!

We are getting a bit mixed signals now. Some want longer distances. Others think short distances are great. We can't please all, and anyways, the distances vary depending on the frontline situation. We can tune the general respawn times a bit, but tying the respawn times to a single source would beat the whole dynamic idea.

Anyways... Couple of adjustments, new feature and a bug fix:

- Now adjacent tank battles won't be selected in a mission to spread them out more on the front.

- Airfield no longer can have two adjacent tank battles in a mission simultaneously (same effect as the previous adjustment).

- If attacking a tank/naval battle or a depot that has too short respawn time (<35min for tank/naval battle and  <65min for depot), you will get a notification to attack the repair source. Hopefully this will help new players understand the mission logic a bit better.

- Fixed (hopefully) the bug that caused some tank bases objects to disappear / reappear at random.

I'm all fine with greater distances. :)

Flight times; about 20min to convoy, 15min to second depot, 15min to tankbase.

With tied convoy destroyed it takes about 45min to respawn TB from second depot while tank attack lasts 30min.

Now my suggestion could be to increase respawn times from second depot or shorten tanks attacking time.

Or just wait for more players to populate server.

For populated server it could be easy while for few players online it can be hard.....that is the trouble and i get it.

New adjustments looking good, thanks!

Edited by EAF_Ribbon