PB0/KGM_Mighty-8

Yak-3 or Yak-9 or... something able to have a chance dogfighting vs the LW ?

Hi,

Does somebody know if Yak-3 or Yak-9 VVS fighters will be available soon in BOS/BOM to offer the Russians pilots a chance to challenge seriously the LW fighters before to be borrowed to act as some easy moving targets for their FW-190, Me-109 F4 ,F2 and E ?

On one hand the Russian pilots have only ONE fighter that can fly above the 600 Km/h (the Mig-3) and even if it's a good B&Zoomer, it's not what we can call a good plane for dogfighting.

On the other hand, all the German fighters are at least 70Km/h faster than the Red fighters... That's not fair, imho.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Hi,

Does somebody know if Yak-3 or Yak-9 VVS fighters will be available soon in BOS/BOM to offer the Russians pilots a chance to challenge seriously the LW fighters before to be borrowed to act as some easy moving targets for their FW-190, Me-109 F4 ,F2 and E ?

On one hand the Russian pilots have only ONE fighter that can fly above the 600 Km/h (the Mig-3) and even if it's a good B&Zoomer, it's not what we can call a good plane for dogfighting.

On the other hand, all the German fighters are at least 70Km/h faster than the Red fighters... That's not fair, imho.

Thanks

War isn`t fair.

The Yak 1 is still one of the best opponents to the LW right now, but the La5 does it for me on a "dogfight".

I think you should expend more time on the enemy side, to see their pros and cons, also, there is a lot of good guys on MP that will teach you, you just need to see how they fight.

One thing for sure is: Dont fight Germans or Russians or whatever on their "place" that means, dont fight when they have advantage, in this case height, try to fight in the low deck. and do not use your speed, use your brain and some course changes to make them miss and wait for his errors or try to catch them when they run out of energy.

Also, use dogfight and more important, hop in on a Teamspeak and cooperate, if you are more than 1, you have chances against everything

Edited by ManuV
  • Upvote 2

The very first Yak-9s operated towards the end of the battle of Stalingrad IIRC, the Yak-3 came much later (late 1944-45). That's why they're not included in the game. I guess we could use a Yak-7, which was present in numbers at Stalingrad.

• Upvote 2

Salut Mighty :)

Je rêve peut-être comme toi maintenant ;) d' une nouvelle Campagne s' appelant "la Campagne du Niémen"......................Battle of Niémen ,avec les Yaks 3 et les combats acharnés sur Königsberg ( Hitler l'appelait « le bastion absolument imprenable de l'âme allemande » ).

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bataille_de_K%C3%B6nigsberg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_K%C3%B6nigsberg

rêvons un peu ! :biggrin:

campagne3.jpg

Edited by Elanion
  • Upvote 1

Elanion, this is the English-language section of the forum. 

• Upvote 5

Hi,

Thanks

I'm willing to bet you'll see no issues when we're stuck in the dog that is the 109G6 and vvs has la5 FN or Yak-3.

Personally I shall not complain, as that is the way it was.

Fairness is irrelevant.

• Upvote 2

This might sound hurtful or patronising, but it's what opened my eyes in terms of air combat:

Every single defeat in an aerial combat is the pilot's fault, this is a fact of life.

Improvement comes from recognising these mistakes, rectifying them and looking out for ways to improve.

If you blame your aircraft for your defeats, you are setting yourself up for more defeats because if you do not observe what you did wrong, you will never be able to act on it.

The biggest weapon you have at hand is the human reaction time and predictability - if you move and he reacts, you dictate the engagement and not the other way around so keep that in mind. Also, if you make it look like you are going down but then you go up for example, the enemy is toast. You get the idea. Going up is actually wise because you need altitude anyway, and when the enemy expects you to fight on the horizontal they may get a little lost for a while.

Four free materials that helped me immensely:

Short read, four pages: A Soviet Air Forces tactical manual from 1943, uploaded by good old Ilya "Luthier" Shevchenko. Applies to all Soviet aircraft, against all German aircraft. Read this over and over again, it will change it around for you. http://luthier.stormloader.com/SFTacticsI.htm

Long read: In Pursuit, by Johan Kylander, probably the best knowledge per page ratio you can find in a book about virtual air combat, easy to understand and apply, and aimed specifically at WW2 aircraft. I've reread this about three times over the years, and I keep referring to it every now and then to keep myself up to speed. http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/lento_ohjeet/inpursuit/inpursuit.pdf

A video, 50 minutes: Aleksandr Pokryshkin, 1985, interviews with the man himself and other 16 GIAP aces. There is a lot of talk on tactics, on the mentality of the fighter pilot and good discussions on how to dominate an engagement from the get-go. Pay close attention to his merge technique of zooming up and rolling down on the enemy, it will send those 109s and 190s in a fit.

Self-practice: Free, easy and fun. Every time you shoot someone down or get shot down, get a piece of paper (a notebook works best because you can keep it together), and sketch up the final manoeuvres of the engagement and the two moves that preceded that. Note what did you go wrong, and what the enemy did wrong. Write down right below the drawing (rudimentary works, I'll post a pic here later) what was it. "Too little speed", "turned the wrong way", "didn't turn tight enough", "didn't use the vertical enough" and so on.

• Upvote 9

The very first Yak-9s operated towards the end of the battle of Stalingrad IIRC, the Yak-3 came much later (late 1944-45). That's why they're not included in the game. I guess we could use a Yak-7, which was present in numbers at Stalingrad.

One misconception here is that the Yak-7 was any improvement over contemporary Yak-1 models. While their maximum performances were close, the Yak-7 was heavier and thus suffered a little in regards of acceleration and manoeuvrability when compared to its lighter counterpart. The differences would rarely turn around any result of course, but as far as performance is concerned having it here wouldn't add much variety to the combat being simulated.

Hey mighty.

A long time ago, during early access, I remember the topic of the Yak 9 was discussed a lot, and a dev showed a photo of a yak 9 cockpit, with some other info, letting suspect they explored and took info about it.

No news since then.

At first with the others LAL, we had some desperate moments.... When trying to fight LW online.

After almost two years on the red side, moral is much better. We learned to set up energy traps tactics, and just avoid any Engagement without a clear energy advantage. The thing is to disengage the sooner possible, evade climb and re engage.

Reds fighters are ultimately at disadvantage, but they feel more rewarding.

Regarding mig3, it is not bad at dogfighting at all, even pretty good with a good using of combat flaps. In my personal experience, I always start with BnZ with it, and if failed quickly engaging turn fight it does not turn great, but bleed very few energy doing it. You won't have a gunnery solution until 2-4 maneuvers, but ultimately you will if you keep pushing the opponent to turn.

But yeah, I understand your feeling pretty well, during heron cendré, sometime we felt really desperate and envious of you in your 109 :)

The Yak-1 is very competetive and together with the F-4 the dominent dogfighter ingame. That does not mean all others are worse but more difficult to master and have sucess in.

The call out for disbalance is as old as the game itself. If you want to be more competetive seek for advise, not new aircraft.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 1

I'd love to see people who say planes are all competitive do a full expert match in german planes and then do a full match in a russian plane so we can see how competitves planes really are... 

I'd watch that with great interest  :lol:

Edited by Turban

When I still see red pilots move with full flaps deployed to catch inside a turn, have to say sorry don't understand how energy is working.

Fly them both red and german can make my kills in it, for learning the disadvantage and the pro's of the plane a good pilot on TS's helps always wonder.

my 5 cent

When I still see red pilots move with full flaps deployed to catch inside a turn, have to say sorry don't understand how energy is working.

Fly them both red and german can make my kills in it, for learning the disadvantage and the pro's of the plane a good pilot on TS's helps always wonder.

my 5 cent

Sometimes you need to lower the flaps to follow german plane, as they turn better, especially when you take load factor into account.

German fighters are better all around, russian planes have virtually no chance which is what we see online. Luck is the russian's best (not only) weapon ;)

Sometimes you need to lower the flaps to follow german plane, as they turn better, especially when you take load factor into account.

German fighters are better all around, russian planes have virtually no chance which is what we see online. Luck is the russian's best (not only) weapon ;)

Wrong. The Yak turns better than the 109 and Fw-190, on par / slightly worse than the Emil.

If you want some advise hook some expirienced pilots up and fly on an Expert server. Let them show you tactical air combat and you'll soon discover how wrong your impression is.

• Upvote 1

Wrong. The Yak turns better than the 109 and Fw-190, on par / slightly worse than the Emil.

If you want some advise hook some expirienced pilots up and fly on an Expert server. Let them show you tactical air combat and you'll soon discover how wrong your impression is.

I have first hand experience don't worry ;)

I'd love to see people who say planes are all competitive do a full expert match in german planes and then do a full match in a russian plane so we can see how competitves planes really are... 

I'd watch that with great interest  :lol:

You know, I would definitely sign up for it if to prove a point.

Here is a classic case of, well, a mistake in the making. If you find yourself in a Yak-1 turning behind a Bf-109, Fw-190 or C.202 and have enough energy to deploy the flaps and still keep up, this is by far the least attractive option since it will burn up all your extra energy and essentially put you in a situation where your energy state is virtually equal to the enemy. Here, of course, you will indeed be toast because the German fighter can slam the throttle and screw you up or run away because his acceleration is better than yours. Instead, if you have all that energy to throw away, use it wisely and (for example) pull a high yo-yo and gun him down. If you miss, go up. You will still be higher than him and probably faster too, or at least with matching speeds. If he tries to go up to catch you, move away from where his nose is pointing then go and bag a slow enemy with little energy as he reaches the top of the climb.

A diagram, because why not:

High_Yo-Yo.PNG

The only thing both sides have going for each other is pilot skill. While the Fw-190 and LaGG-3/La-5 series require finer handling, the Bf-109F-4 and Yak-1 are extremely beginner-friendly and forgiving too.

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell

You know, I would definitely sign up for it if to prove a point.

Here is a classic case of, well, a mistake in the making. If you find yourself in a Yak-1 turning behind a Bf-109, Fw-190 or C.202 and have enough energy to deploy the flaps and still keep up, this is by far the least attractive option since it will burn up all your extra energy and essentially put you in a situation where your energy state is virtually equal to the enemy. Here, of course, you will indeed be toast because the German fighter can slam the throttle and screw you up or run away because his acceleration is better than yours. Instead, if you have all that energy to throw away, use it wisely and (for example) pull a high yo-yo and gun him down. If you miss, go up. You will still be higher than him and probably faster too, or at least with matching speeds. If he tries to go up to catch you, move away from where his nose is pointing then go and bag a slow enemy with little energy as he reaches the top of the climb.

A diagram, because why not:

High_Yo-Yo.PNG

The only thing both sides have going for each other is pilot skill. While the Fw-190 and LaGG-3/La-5 series require finer handling, the Bf-109F-4 and Yak-1 are extremely beginner-friendly and forgiving too.

You know what, do this repeatedly, like at least 10 times (no AI,expert server) , have it on video+ the whole matches so we can see how much turn fight happened , send me the link, then I'll tell you : you're right. 

until then, that's just wishful thinking ;)

Maybe you should use your "first hand" expirience than to explain what your issue is so that some people willing (not nessecarily me after all this fuss you make here) may help.

The planeset will not change, not even for troll posts like yours.

I would if my rig allowed, but I don't feel I have an obligation to prove you how air combat and energy management works just because you insist in the "pull harder to get a firing solution" and then burn all your energy in the process. This is a mistake that I used to make a lot, even in engagements where I was on top. Everything always - repeatedly - fell apart when I tried to close in for a shot and lost my speed in the process. Aircraft performance is cute to look at, and looks great in charts, but in the field all you need is a pair of eyes and good reflexes.

Maybe you should use your "first hand" expirience than to explain what your issue is so that some people willing (not nessecarily me after all this fuss you make here) may help.

The planeset will not change, not even for troll posts like yours.

I don't have an issue with flying the planes as a matter of fact ;) I take whatever we have and fly russian day in day out because at the end of the day it feels more interesting. IL2 is NOT perfect, but it's damn close and I'd be happier to talk about how much I love it despite all the little things that bugs me.

I do have issue with people claiming planes are competitive. That's disingenuous at best.

War is unfair. Absolutely. All planes are competitive ? Not so much. Claiming so is foolish. 

I would if my rig allowed, but I don't feel I have an obligation to prove you how air combat and energy management works just because you insist in the "pull harder to get a firing solution" and then burn all your energy in the process. This is a mistake that I used to make a lot, even in engagements where I was on top. Everything always - repeatedly - fell apart when I tried to close in for a shot and lost my speed in the process. Aircraft performance is cute to look at, and looks great in charts, but in the field all you need is a pair of eyes and good reflexes.

With all due respect I don't feel I have an obligation to accept your lectures about flying either ;)

I'm willing to bet you'll see no issues when we're stuck in the dog that is the 109G6 and vvs has la5 FN or Yak-3.

Personally I shall not complain, as that is the way it was.

Fairness is irrelevant.

The G6 was not as much of a 'dog' as people think it was. Sure, it's no 109F-4, but as the numbers show it was absolutely no pushover. It should have comparable performance to the G2 currently in game (considering the current ATA limit on the G2 and the increase in weight of the G6).

Some more goodies, and perhaps the best example of a well-kept combat notebook (Google Translated from Spanish): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rkka.es%2FOtros_articulos%2F16_Pokryshkin%2F029_bloc.htm&edit-text=

Examples:

04_03.jpg

If you have speed, try these evasive manoeuvres. Going up rather than down gives you initiative, and is mostly unpredictable since most of the time VVS pilots (but not only) perform a Split-S as soon as trouble comes, eventually dragging the fight down to that ugly lawnmower combat at 50m.

Also, going up rather than down means you can handle the hungry buzzards Chief mentioned with more authority. The moment an enemy comes after you without you seeing them, likely with an overhead of energy since they had time to get in position while you were busy, the engagement will turn sour. Because of that, save up as much altitude as possible and only burn it when imperative.

05_02.jpg

05_01.jpg

05_03.jpg

05_04.jpg

05_05.jpg

05_06.jpg

Edited by Lucas_From_Hell

Just for info to you guys : the guy opening the thread, is a very experienced player who practice in full expert matchs :) (I played in red into the private heron cendré campaign versus him and his squad mate.... I would say they made us cry very hard... )

Don't be too harsh... He knows what he is talking about very well :)

Well, I could see the Yak-7 in the game, it has 2x.50 MGs and either a 20mm or a 37mm cannon through the centerline.

Performance is in the same Ballpark and it would be a like piece between the LaGG-3 and Yak-1, with more metal in the Wing for better Rate of Roll. 

And a bit more Combat Endurance for the P-40 would be nice as well, so it's useful for more than 5 Minutes. 

But Otherwise I'm very pleased as well. 

In fact the BoM Planeset is probably one of the Best, actually very balanced. 

It seems some of us would like to throw tantrums when the fact of the matter is that the planeset is completely competitive.

Some are more competitive than others at various pilot skill levels.  C'est la guerre. 

I would love to see any Yak with a bubble canopy, simply because it's so beautiful.

Edited by Silas

Well, I could see the Yak-7 in the game, it has 2x.50 MGs and either a 20mm or a 37mm cannon through the centerline.

I'd forgotten about those Berezins, in the old Il-2 they were perfect for toasting up Messers without using a single ShVAK round :biggrin:

I saw a pilot shoot down a 109 whilst flying an I-16 yesterday online, with just a few bursts.

He caught the 109 with his pants down hugging trees and took full advantage of the situation.

Hi,

Thanks

To be quite honest with the winter maps we have it surprises me that the YAK-9 or the YAK-7b are not in the battle they were

and should be there seeing they put in the FW-190 that was not.

They were definitely there even if the VVS operation daytime flying status was practically nil in december the ground

offensives and Operations were so overwhelming German air support even at its successfull peak and a transfer of part of

Luftflotte 4 to North Africa changed nothing for the Russians and the Sixth Army's outcome.

I believe it is because the mainstay aircraft there were the Yak-1, LaGG-3 and La-5 by most means. The Fw-190 was likely bundled in because of popular demand, and because the Luftwaffe didn't really operate any other fighter back then.

A future expansion is likely to bring the Yak-9 in some capacity.

We have the same line-up on both sides, 3 fighters, 1 ground attack aircraft, 1 bomber. The Fw190 is in because of popular demand, and because it's really hard finding a third Luftwaffe fighter that's not the 190.

And while you might be missing the Yak-7 or Yak-9, their performance is not really different from the Yak-1 we have. They were all very similar aircraft, powered by the same engine, and performance difference between individual aircraft of the same type were probably larger than differences between the nominal performance of the different types.

The next improvements to the Yak series would come considerably later in 1944, with the M-105PF-2 powered, lightweight Yak-3 and the M-107 powered Yak-9u. In parallel, the standard Yak-1(b), Yak-7 and Yak-9 were still being produced/used in frontline service, with still roughly the same performance as in late 1942.

• Upvote 1

The early version of the Yak-9 (or Yak-7 Late) is only subtly better than the Yak-1 that we've got. It'll be great to have a Yak-9 in there somewhere later on but its not going to change the fight in any appreciable manner. And as JtD says... Until the Yak-3 arrives in 1944 you won't be seeing a better dogfighter on the Russian side than the already excellent Yak-1. The later La-5 models get quite a bit more refined as time goes on.

Wanting these types because the are really interesting to fly is definitely up my alley. But the Russian side already has some very good types that are maybe not quite as good as their German counterparts in all ways (and the 109 is extremely well balanced as a fighter in this time period) but each of them have strong points that you can definitely exploit as a pilot.

If its not working out... Try new tactics and positioning. The plane is the last issue.

The early version of the Yak-9 (or Yak-7 Late) is only subtly better than the Yak-1 that we've got. It'll be great to have a Yak-9 in there somewhere later on but its not going to change the fight in any appreciable manner. And as JtD says... Until the Yak-3 arrives in 1944 you won't be seeing a better dogfighter on the Russian side than the already excellent Yak-1. The later La-5 models get quite a bit more refined as time goes on.

Wanting these types because the are really interesting to fly is definitely up my alley. But the Russian side already has some very good types that are maybe not quite as good as their German counterparts in all ways (and the 109 is extremely well balanced as a fighter in this time period) but each of them have strong points that you can definitely exploit as a pilot.

If its not working out... Try new tactics and positioning. The plane is the last issue.

The YAK-1 and the YAK-9 and the YAK 7b all were similar except for just one thing that much is true.

I think the YAK-9 was not put in because of its exceptional turn rate.

The Devs knew it :biggrin:

What made the YAK-9 so special was its turn rate like YAK-3.

At 17 secs it was pretty formidable

Need a Russian YAK specialist to confirm it.

The devs probably have the official specs.

I know that turn rate vs a 109 pilot forces them to break every time.

They have to break away and fly far enough to be able to reposition themselves

and come back at you.In full real servers you are already gone.

Loved the YAK-9 in the old IL-2 1946 I outturned a 109 every time often to the

dismay of the 109 driver..

The YAK-1 and the YAK-9 and the YAK 7b all were similar except for just one thing that much is true.

I think the YAK-9 was not put in because of its exceptional turn rate.

The Devs knew it :biggrin:

What made the YAK-9 so special was its turn rate like YAK-3.

At 17 secs it was pretty formidable

Need a Russian YAK specialist to confirm it.

The devs probably have the official specs.

I know that turn rate vs a 109 pilot forces them to break every time.

They have to break away and fly far enough to be able to reposition themselves

and come back at you.In full real servers you are already gone.

Loved the YAK-9 in the old IL-2 1946 I outturned a 109 every time often to the

dismay of the 109 driver..

You would be severly disappointed by the Yak-9 we would get, it was basically a Yak-1b with more metal in the Wing, slightly better climb, slower speed and better turn and rate of roll. I think the Yak-7B fits Stalingrad much better.

The Yak-9D and Yak-9T is what we WILL get in a a late 1943 Scenario are less manouverable but very good in everything else. 

And they'll be accompanied by La-5Fs, LaGG-3-42, and mid-late 109G models and 190A-5s. 

Where do you get those infos ? The Yak 9 "was known" (afaik) to be a good improvement including in maneuverability. That's what I always heard/read so I'm curious to know your sources.

Regardless, I'd love to get the yak 9 for the looks alone. I looks so much better with the fat back...

I sometimes refer to this site and table:

http://www.wio.ru/tacftr/yak.htm

Gives you a very good overview of the all of the major Yak series. The site claims the data is from series production rather than prototypes although I don't see where they list their sources. They list the Yak-1 that we have at 19 seconds and the Yak-9 early model at 17 seconds with the Yak-9D/T climbing back through 19-20 seconds as their weight went up.

No denying that the Yak-9 is a very good fighter when it arrived on the scene. It just gives a little bit more of everything being 20kph faster, a couple of seconds improved turn time, slightly greater weight of fire, better rear view, etc. My point earlier is that these improvements, while giving a slight edge from the earlier models, doesn't transform the Yak from ineffective to effective in the way that I think the OP is wanting.

Pilot technique, tactics, and gunnery will do that much more.

IMHO for Stalingrad I'd rather have the Yak-7B as it was a major type at the battle and twin UBS machine guns plus the ShVAK 20mm would be quite a hammer blow compared to the ShKAS machine guns we have on our Yak-1 Series 69. I'm hoping that the next installment in the series is a 1943 East Front scenario and the Yak-9 and hopefully the Yak-9T are VERY likely to be present - And they will be very competitive.

• Upvote 1

This might sound hurtful or patronising, but it's what opened my eyes in terms of air combat:

Every single defeat in an aerial combat is the pilot's fault, this is a fact of life.

Improvement comes from recognising these mistakes, rectifying them and looking out for ways to improve.

If you blame your aircraft for your defeats, you are setting yourself up for more defeats because if you do not observe what you did wrong, you will never be able to act on it.

I don't blame anything Man - i also have the choise to fly the "Dark side" (and i often do it !)

I just said that all the Red fighters except the Mig-3 are unable to rejoin any of the LW fighter... So the German can choose to merge or leave the combat without any problem with airplanes than are at fastest of at least 70Km/h.

As i read higher (and i agree) That was the same during WWII Eastern front real life but.... as we are in a simulator, when i connect on online servers i often see 50 LW pilots vs 20 VVS pilots and THAT was not so historical in my humble opinion... 3 Yak-1 vs 1 or 2 Me-109 could do the job but not 1 Yak-1 vs 3 Me-109 or Fw-190  (except if the LW pilots are Rookies, ofcourse)

That's why i dream of red fighters that can help to re-balance the online / campaign.

• Upvote 1

I sometimes refer to this site and table:

http://www.wio.ru/tacftr/yak.htm

Gives you a very good overview of the all of the major Yak series. The site claims the data is from series production rather than prototypes although I don't see where they list their sources. They list the Yak-1 that we have at 19 seconds and the Yak-9 early model at 17 seconds with the Yak-9D/T climbing back through 19-20 seconds as their weight went up.

No denying that the Yak-9 is a very good fighter when it arrived on the scene. It just gives a little bit more of everything being 20kph faster, a couple of seconds improved turn time, slightly greater weight of fire, better rear view, etc. My point earlier is that these improvements, while giving a slight edge from the earlier models, doesn't transform the Yak from ineffective to effective in the way that I think the OP is wanting.

Pilot technique, tactics, and gunnery will do that much more.

IMHO for Stalingrad I'd rather have the Yak-7B as it was a major type at the battle and twin UBS machine guns plus the ShVAK 20mm would be quite a hammer blow compared to the ShKAS machine guns we have on our Yak-1 Series 69. I'm hoping that the next installment in the series is a 1943 East Front scenario and the Yak-9 and hopefully the Yak-9T are VERY likely to be present - And they will be very competitive.

The YAK-9 that we were suppose to have or early model as you call it did turn in 17 secs and you failed mention ts climb rate to

5.1 mins to get to 5kms beating any other old version  YAK on the front.

Its funny how over the years every thing I seen the VVS pilots prefered the YAK-9 plane considering it one of the best

excluding the YAK-3

With experienced pilots like we have in this game and the correctly modeled values 109's would be in terrible trouble

I still say devs left it out it was too goodagainst the 109 and the 190

I just said that all the Red fighters except the Mig-3 are unable to rejoin any of the LW fighter... So the German can choose to merge or leave the combat without any problem with airplanes than are at fastest of at least 70Km/h.

That's nonsense. The La-5 is below 2km faster than the Fw-190 and nearly as quick as a the F-4 with 1.42 ata (mind you frosazh can be used longer than the F-4's Notleistung).

The Yak has increadible capebilities like one of the best energy rententions, quick acceleration and good low speed manouvrebility. True it's nto as fast as the 109 F and G and climbs worse than the F (at 5km it's very competetive with G) but it has it's trumps in other areas.

Whatever some people seem to understand as "balanced" planesets comes down to equal performing machines. That's not how history worked though, like it or not

• Upvote 4