coconut

[Release] Sturmovik Server Control

Hello

One questions  does it possible to change  the name in the web hook to discord, it using your pseudo coconut

I add some question on the webhook utilisation

How do you configure the mesage sent to discord

Edited by OBT-Carleo

Hello again , i edit your project with Visual Studio, i found the configuration of the webhook.

But there is only the  Sky type message  sent to discord, i'm unable to sent all the configuration message.

Sorry, I forgot to answer your first post.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:45 PM, OBT-Carleo said:

One questions  does it possible to change  the name in the web hook to discord, it using your pseudo coconut

You're right, the pseudo is hard-coded, something I'll try to remember to change.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:45 PM, OBT-Carleo said:

How do you configure the mesage sent to discord

At the moment, you can't.

21 hours ago, OBT-Carleo said:

Hello again , i edit your project with Visual Studio, i found the configuration of the webhook.

But there is only the  Sky type message  sent to discord, i'm unable to sent all the configuration message.

I don't know, but please be aware that the weather notification message comes as soon as the new weather is decided, whereas the rest comes later, after the new mission is generated. Maybe you haven't waited long enough to see the other messages?

Hello

Thanks for your reply

No, i can wait a day  there is nothing. I can see in the SCC console there is a message sent to mailbox process twice. The 1st correspond to the weather and the second i expect is the mission configuration but discord does not receive it

I let you see the result on my discord (i have changed the comment text, to be in french ^^)

Also i have edited a manual to create campagn mission for my squad. I join it to this message. But is in french language and it is a first attempts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8lhbtxjmdoc29s/Creation campagne dynamique.pdf?dl=0

discord webhook scc.jpg

• Thanks 1

Extraordinaire Carleo ! Merci pour le tuto qui devrait mettre le logiciel de Coconut entre de nombreuses mains !

Amazing Carleo ! Thanks a lot for sharing ypur job !

@OBT-Carleo You can check git commit g8c8840d (head of branch vnext) which raises the log message level from debug to error when there is a failure to send a message to discord, maybe it will give some interesting info. By the way, does the campaign work otherwise? Are missions being produced? If not, that would be the reason why you don't get the message update.

Excellent work on the campaign making HOWTO!

Thanks coconut, i ll try your way. There is no problem with the mission creation, all the rest working perfectly.

Ok after a long battle to get the vnext repository and his files ^^  I claim victory againt  Visual studio to build the scenario  with elevated error message to discord

and i get this

2018-09-09 01:46:19.2894|ERROR|<StartupCode$Campaign>.$Campaign.WebHook|Sending chat entry to web hook failed with 'Le serveur distant a retourné une erreur : (400) Demande incorrecte.'

Sky comment works but the rest failed to be send

from the discord developer document

400 (BAD REQUEST) The request was improperly formatted, or the server couldn't understand it
Edited by OBT-Carleo

13 hours ago, OBT-Carleo said:

2018-09-09 01:46:19.2894|ERROR|<StartupCode$Campaign>.$Campaign.WebHook|Sending chat entry to web hook failed with 'Le serveur distant a retourné une erreur : (400) Demande incorrecte.'

That's weird, since it's working for me. Did you translate the weather update messages? Does the translation contain accented letters? I'm wondering if that could be the cause

Hello, with the update of the 1.29.1, i got this error from the SCC i"m unable to restart or reset a campaign

2018-09-10 21:04:13.3170|ERROR|<StartupCode$SturmovikServerControl>.$SturmovikServerControl.ServerState|Le plugin de la campagne a retourné une erreure 'Failed to start or resume campaign: 'Un élément avec la même clé a déjà été ajouté.'' durant le demarrage

i try moscouwinter stalingradautumn and staligradsummer same result

Edited by OBT-Carleo

~S~

I think Ive hit a snag.

My test campaign map/templet is up n running, generating, and playable.
All scheduled, through the sturmovik server controller, I'm getting  mission briefing  and the "war" map with logs.
The scull and crossbones event icons are on the map....but nothing else???front lines etc.

But Im also not seeming to get any advancement in the campaign. So my feeling, is that the system is not
reading something. Ive re-structured the file folders and experimented at different times, with the non advancement results.
Although discoveries like in a bad folder/file set up errors: "cant download to disk" or erasing the game files lol

Im using SSC 1.11.1.0 and SC 1.16.5.0 love the worldchecker!!

My folders

Campaign
    campaign
       bin

Data
     Bin  (nothing there)
     logs  (nothing there)
     Multiplayer (campaign state files)
        Dogfight (mission files, and generated  files)

IL2 (game folder)(logs\binlogs folders under the games data folder, multiplayer\dogfight generated mission files)

StumovikServerControl
     bin
       Release
     Content
     Images
     Scripts

Coconut...Gratitude in all aspects for this art!
II./JG1 Schulte "Moxy"

4 hours ago, II./JG1_Schulte said:

The scull and crossbones event icons are on the map

I removed that feature a while ago, this feature was coupled with a log compacter that moved log files. It's not compatible with the campaign system.

Your directory structure looks good to me

9 hours ago, OBT-Carleo said:

i try moscouwinter stalingradautumn and staligradsummer same result

I'm not getting this error.

1. Did you download the binaries from bitbucket, or compile on your PC
  2. If you compiled on your PC, what version of Visual Studio did you use?
  3. In the campaign directory, there should be a file named state.xml. Can you look into it, it should contain a more detailed error description

Hello coconut

Yes a download the binaries 1.29.0  johdex-sturmovikcampaign-5c8ab5c64d3c from bitbucket and i compile it with visual studio 2017

I don't have state.xlm file in my campaign directory

I make a regenaration of the project but i didn't see more

campaign.jpg

I didn’t mean in the bin directory, rather the directory where the campaign data files are written. Also, I meant loopstate.xml, not state.xml

OK ^^

from loopstate.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FsPickler version="4.0.0.0" type="Campaign.ServerControlPlugin.Support+ExecutionState">
  <value>
    <Case>WaitForMissionEnd</Case>
    <Item>2018-09-10T19:38:19.8278529Z</Item>
  </value>
</FsPickler>

Is it possible you might have two identically named server instances in the config of SSC?

I''ll try the binaries from the downloads tomorrow, I hope it's not a compiler bug/change.

Hi Coconuts,

Trying to build 1_29_1_0.  CampaignServerControl and Blocks build OK but then I get this error from Campaign:

1>------ Build started: Project: Campaign, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
1>D:\Neil_Vennard\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\Coconuts Projects\SturmovikCampaign 1_29_1_0\Campaign\Src\ServerControlPlugin.fs(1008,18): error FS0856: This override takes a different number of arguments to the corresponding abstract member. The following abstract members were found:   abstract member CampaignServerApi.Reset : config:string -> Choice<ScheduledTask,string>
1>Done building project "Campaign.fsproj" -- FAILED.
1>
1>Build FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

The errors is here:

member x.Reset(configFile, scenario) =
            let support =
                match support with
                | None -> invalidOp "Must call Init first"
                | Some x -> x
            try

Any ideas what I am doing wrong or how I ca fix it?

Hello

Here is my install Install

from C:\il2server

And here is the source Source  , i use

they come from your bitbucket poject and i generate the install with visual studio 2017

Maybe it can help you

I made a test from a third computer,  with an old installation 1.28 (i'm able to launch a campaign) and after with 1.29 i'got the issue

Edited by OBT-Carleo
mauvais lien

Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem here. There are new builds available. No big changes, but they are worth a try. SSC has a new check for duplicate server instance names, even though I don't think that's the problem here. You should also avoid spaces in the instance name, I'll add a check for that. Although it appears to work, it's used in a number of places that likely don't like spaces in identifiers, like filenames and URLs.

https://bitbucket.org/johdex/sturmovikservercontrol/downloads/SturmovikServerControl-7f196db14e26e52ffa7022d0c74a79d011053dbb-29.zip

https://bitbucket.org/johdex/sturmovikcampaign/downloads/SturmovikCampaign-01f46a78a3505d948d7370c89193ac78d2ba409d-28.zip

On 9/10/2018 at 4:41 PM, OBT-Carleo said:

Thanks / Merci Carleo ! (and sure Coconut for this tools)

I did'nt found some docs or explanation for the tools "Sturmovik Campaign". Where can i found it ?

It's possible to customize some mechanism like

- planeset ?

- create new group with specific logic complex (exemple: Spawn/despawn logic if inexistant) ?

- etc...

Bye

genius

Hello Genius,

At the moment there is no  documentation.  You have to download source and read comments in files installations

Yes you can, modify plane set. But for groups  it will be more complex.

Seriously Sturmovik campaign is a powerful tools, if your have learn programming base. But if your are like me, if you have never use Visual Studio, F# program , and you discover this world of complex words. Its is out.

If You want, we can plan a meeting , and i can explain to you the install process and more.

Edited by OBT-Carleo

@Coconut Hello

Definitely i don't understand  the 1.28.1 version is working perfectly and the last 1.29.1 make this "F..K..G" error

Same PC, 2 differents install, 2 differents use. Ghost in the machine ^^

I'll continue to investigate

Does it normal that the SSC time is desynchronised (about 2 hours) from computer time

One more question  how do you use the  PlannerIntegration component

Edited by OBT-Carleo

On 9/12/2018 at 12:54 PM, coconut said:

Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem here. There are new builds available. No big changes, but they are worth a try. SSC has a new check for duplicate server instance names, even though I don't think that's the problem here. You should also avoid spaces in the instance name, I'll add a check for that. Although it appears to work, it's used in a number of places that likely don't like spaces in identifiers, like filenames and URLs.

https://bitbucket.org/johdex/sturmovikservercontrol/downloads/SturmovikServerControl-7f196db14e26e52ffa7022d0c74a79d011053dbb-29.zip

https://bitbucket.org/johdex/sturmovikcampaign/downloads/SturmovikCampaign-01f46a78a3505d948d7370c89193ac78d2ba409d-28.zip

Thanks for posting these Coconut, saves me a lot of hair pulling.

Hello All,

After loosing nails hairs and hope, i find god

It seems in the campaign configuration file :

If the briefing text is too long, it make the config bugging. (From what i understand,   if the text is too long the process generate 2 data entry with the same key identification)

i Don't know what is the text limit

For now, all is working with the lastest update

Can i suggest that the briefing text, can be called by a external link file in the campaign config.yaml (need to translate in french for my squadron)

On 9/13/2018 at 8:18 AM, OBT-Carleo said:

Hello Genius,

At the moment there is no  documentation.  You have to download source and read comments in files installations

Yes you can, modify plane set. But for groups  it will be more complex.

Seriously Sturmovik campaign is a powerful tools, if your have learn programming base. But if your are like me, if you have never use Visual Studio, F# program , and you discover this world of complex words. Its is out.

If You want, we can plan a meeting , and i can explain to you the install process and more.

Yes,

With pleasure (I have already your ts if you want).

Thanks !

On 9/13/2018 at 9:38 AM, OBT-Carleo said:

One more question  how do you use the  PlannerIntegration component

The json code for the map symbols and borders is available on <server url>/campaign/<server instance name>. Save that to a file, go to il2missionplanner.com and import the json file.

To avoid the manual steps, you need to contact CuriousGambler, the author of il2missionplanner.com.

• Thanks 1

Hello Coconut!

Thank you for the tools you put us at our disposal.

but I also have problems, I created a mission with the map moscow autumn, I controlled it with worldcheck

is ok ( I think )

prod.JPG.ce4934a294bfa37de9d9a91b4e6be179.JPG

but at the start of the reset I have it

pbssc.thumb.JPG.ec4bb403c49b1c8252e4988f715f6edd.JPG

and when I go to the mission on the server it there is nothing on the map of brieffing

vide.thumb.JPG.6a7ccebc6e76db68dee95c02a3330449.JPG

with mission editor, .mission files (1 & 2) seem well created .

mission.thumb.JPG.68c4b27da49d814277746c01638a65e4.JPG

Do you have an idea about the origin of the problem?

59 minutes ago, OBT-karl said:

Do you have an idea about the origin of the problem?

Hard to tell without looking at your mission file, but did you put in airfield spawns? Are the regions all convex?

After creating a new campaign, new problem ...

after checking with Worldcheck = ok, but =

pb2.thumb.JPG.1a6404b7c696619cbd7dc27a65e17485.JPG

do you have an idea about it?