Han

Finding the cause of a random crash issue (Special Thread #1)

Date.time:  October 24, 1100 EDT  (1500 UTC) 

Version:  2.004

In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);  MP - Random Expert+

In what mission; Moscow autumn map

1st CTD:

What did you do before the crash;  Was in the Ju-88 plane hangar selecting weapons loadout  

What happened in the mission before the crash;  When I clicked on the Accept button I received a CTD.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash. 

DMP file links: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g64nn1k8cw0lpt8/Il-2.exe.852.dmp?dl=0

2nd CTD

What did you do before the crash;  Was airborne in a Ju-88.   

What happened in the mission before the crash;  I had Alt-Tab'd to correct FFB on MS FFB2 a 2nd time.  When clicking back on the game icon I received a CTD.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash. 

DMP file links: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh4wmi7g5xcelct/Il-2.exe.11252.dmp?dl=0

Date.time:  October 28, 1430 EDT  (1830 UTC) 

In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);  QMB

In what mission; Stalingrad summer map

What did you do before the crash;  Was in a MiG-3 on the runway  

What happened in the mission before the crash;  Started my takeoff roll when I received a CTD.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  I do have ReShade v2.0.3f1 running.

DMP file links: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkmlkymwrdiyh2r/Il-2.exe.3476.dmp?dl=0

Date.time:  October 31, 1120 EDT  (1520 UTC) 

What did you do before the crash;  Was on the airfield selection screen.  Choose a MiG-3 on the runway.  I Applied my changes.  

What happened in the mission before the crash;  When I clicked the Start button I received a CTD.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  I do have ReShade v2.0.3f1 running.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbi6a2fp1ew70sw/Il-2.exe.7756.dmp?dl=0

EDIT:  Same issue as above only at 300m.  1300 EDT

DMP file link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfwokn39c2ea1zg/Il-2.exe.3944.dmp?dl=0

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

Date.time:  October 31, 1135 EDT  (1535 UTC) 

What did you do before the crash;  Had just taken off in a MiG-3.  The force feedback on my MS FFB2 joystick was "thumping".  As a method of correcting this, I escaped and went into Key Mapping, then Returned back to flying.  It did not correct the ffb.  I then went back to Key Mapping again and changed to a different Tab.  

What happened in the mission before the crash;  When I clicked the Return button I received a CTD.

DMP file links: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wjj2bbsdyffxoy/Il-2.exe.3796.dmp?dl=0

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

Date.time:  October 31, 1235 EDT  (1635 UTC) 

What did you do before the crash;  I was flying an IL-2 1941.  I was firing my guns when the screen froze.  All sounds continued.  A small boxed message appeared that said, "Can't load object" with an OK button.  Each click on the button to clear it brought up another.

What happened in the mission before the crash;  I had to close the program at the task bar to end the loop.  No DMP file was generated.

DMP file links:  none

• RTB because of elevator loss
  • on TAW, russian side
  • GroundAttack, bombs weren't attached anymore
  • bombed targets
  • nothing special, i was following a river back to base without a plane near me 

Il-2.exe.5524.zip

• When you encountered the crash;

While airborn, around 20mins after takeoff, I-16, 4000m

• In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);

MP

• In what mission;

Tactical Air War, 

• What did you do before the crash;

Dogfight, after that we turned north together near Kalach, game crash

• What happened in the mission before the crash;

-

• Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.

-

Il-2.exe.6004.zip

Edited by 19.GIAP//uRpark

I get a random CTD as well. Seems not to happen when I'm doing something significant. Usually when I'm cruising, or coming in for a landing.

Crash after about 2,5 hours of flying the same mission.

Multiplayer mission, see attached.

I was circling around own airfield in Ryabinki in La-5.

I had recently shot down a Bf-109

Windows 7 Home Edition. I had Nvidia ShadowPlay overlay for FPS on.

Il-2.exe.1796.zip

moscowwb.zip

BOS campagin mission in 109 in expert mode

Same thing as before - after spwan my MSFF2 was on constant knocking , so to  remedy i pressed escape then went  to the settings,key mapping and click on tabs for example main coontrols,pilot head control, camera controls and then hit escape, escape  and  game chrashed to the desktop.

Il-2.exe.7372.dmp.zip

Every time I launch a Campaign mission and  quick mission.

Quick mission and campaign

• In what mission;

Every campaign mission and every quick mission except the first I launched.

Launching the campaign from the menù, and click green "OK" on mission description

At 90% loading, the game close and "IL2 stop working"

First flight is gone good, I've launched a quick mission correctly without editing any configuration... I closed the game and now I can't launch anything because my game stop working. I'm really out of myself, I would like to have my money back if I can't get this game working.

I've tried reboot, update the game, update the java and reinstall redists with no success.

Il-2.exe.13520.zip

Same thing, one more time.

Edit: added a screenshot of error I'm getting (sometimes, not all the time - error is always the same but refers to a different file)

post-403-0-96966500-1482252348_thumb.jpg

Il-2.exe.1808.zip

Edited by 312_Tygr

Hi

I got the same problem

Version 2.006

Crashes frequently when flying a quick mission.

Also attaching screen dump of error message from last crash

Hope this will be helpful 

Il-2.exe.3064.zip

post-21315-0-96783700-1482261922_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Bump luotsi issue, game ran perfect before the update more than 180+ hours updated game and nivida drivers and started crashing. Every other game works perfect. Now this game can run quick mission and crash at random times caused by render.dll or direct x related. Gtx 780 card. I tried rolling back nivida update to Oct28 patch with no avail. Please assist. I already contacted support.

Bump luotsi issue, game ran perfect before the update more than 180+ hours updated game and nivida drivers and started crashing. Every other game works perfect. Now this game can run quick mission and crash at random times caused by render.dll or direct x related. Gtx 780 card. I tried rolling back nivida update to Oct28 patch with no avail. Please assist. I already contacted support.

Correct Nvidia drivers are 368.81 for GTX 780Ti, these were released on July 14 2016

see patch notes/discussion on 2.06

Cheers Dakpilot

CTD in Campaign:

I zipped up several crash dumps. These all happened in the last 4 or so days while flying a campaign mission in BoM. In some cases I would get to a point where I would toggle to enable my TrackIR and the game would crash. However, other times this would not be the case such as yesterday when I simply hit the ` key to choose a radio command and the game crashed to desktop. One time I tried to choose "Return to Base" and crashed, another time "Cover Me."

Things to note: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and a clean install of BoS/BoM updated automatically with the BoM Launcher.

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe MoBo

GeForce GTX Titan Black w/ drivers 376.33

CPU I7

16 MB RAM

Creative SB X-Fi

Saitek X-52 Pro

Track IR 4

Below are the dump files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_A9_f9yVQwaV255akZTQ1h2M0E

Edited by Letterboyletterboy1

Correct Nvidia drivers are 368.81 for GTX 780Ti, these were released on July 14 2016

see patch notes/discussion on 2.06

Cheers Dakpilot

YES, that did the trick, back in the air! :-)

Thank you

• Upvote 1

I use the GeForce GTX Titan Black and it came out around the time of the 780 Ti so I changed my Nvidia drivers to 368.81 but no luck, same problem. Just thought I'd report it in case it made any sense to anyone else.

May we please have some sort of response from the developers just to let us know about where you stand concerning this issue? Perhaps let us know if we are or are not turning in enough information to aid in the identification of the problem that is causing these CTDs? Thank you very kindly for all that you do!

Edited by Letterboyletterboy1

The original links in regards to the OP's post no longer work.

IL2 BOS installed through Steam with 64bit W10 running and on quick missions playing takeoff and landings I can never complete it due to the game freezing up. It continues I suppose to run in the background as I can here when the plane eventually crashes but no input is allowed from me at all and the last scene just as it crashed stays on the screen. It doesn't do a CTD, it simply freezes in game  and locks up BUT continues to run in the background while doing so.

I have to manually reset my computer as that's the only thing then that works.

All the other games I play on my PC run flawless except for IL2 BOS, so I guess that kinda narrows it down. I'm using an NVidia GeForce 780ti for video card with updates latest drivers.

Edited by BornToBattle

Ugh...again.  Just 2 minutes into flight screen froze and got the Microsoft dialogue box indicating that IL2 stopped working. However, this time I was able to click on it without resetting computer and it went right back out to Steam window and my desktop. Only change from my previous post, didn't know if it mattered.

Out the $50 oh well. Unusable at this point. Seems like IL 2 might have been fun otherwise. It just won't run without freezing /crashing though. Going back to ROF and waiting for X Plane 11.

Ugh...again.  Just 2 minutes into flight screen froze and got the Microsoft dialogue box indicating that IL2 stopped working. However, this time I was able to click on it without resetting computer and it went right back out to Steam window and my desktop. Only change from my previous post, didn't know if it mattered.

Out the $50 oh well. Unusable at this point. Seems like IL 2 might have been fun otherwise. It just won't run without freezing /crashing though. Going back to ROF and waiting for X Plane 11.

This is a KNOWN issue with GTX780Ti and latest drives

See patch 2.06 note for fix  :)

Cheers Dakpilot

Well, 780ti user here. Compiled all my data to forward via NVidia with the link given. Went through everything and hit "submit" button only to read...

"The System has encountered an error and is unable to process your request. The cause for the error may be one of the following:

Your session on the server has timed out. This can occur due to extended period of inactivity.

You have specified a URL that is either incomplete or is invalid.

You may have already submitted responses for the form and this form may not allow duplicate responses.

You have used the browser's "Back" button to go back to a previous page that is no longer valid.

You have used the browser's "Refresh" or "Reload" button to access a page that is no longer valid."

That's it for me. I tried.

Just to note though upon uninstalling the NVidia driver and replacing it with the 368.81 driver seems to have solved the crash issue.

Edited by BornToBattle

So can anyone say if the Titan Black video card is supposed to work with the 368.81 drivers? I tried it and nothing changed. My crashes started after the latest patch, before that I could play BoS. So far, the idea of reinstalling older drivers is the only real response this issue has gotten; is anything being done or looked at in the developer's end?

After I changed the mouse input to joystick input

None

• In what mission;

None.

-

-

I had never used joystick input before because I didn't have a joystick, I've been playing since the 23rd of December (2016), and now since that crash after I log in it crashes, it seems to only happen when I don't go offline..

Il-2.exe.7264.zip

Edited by TheMasterSoldier

10/01/2017

72AG DED Multiplayer

• In what mission;

Nothing special, it did happen also on the parking aerea with engine off.

Nothing special

I've suffered a lot of CTD after the 2.006, PC reboot included. I've never had these kinde of problems before this update.

Now i've noticed that sound speeking is very heay with micro freeze and stuttering, as for the server message ecc. ecc. i don't know if this could be the reason of CTD

16GB RAM, W10 64 Bit, Intel DH87MC, Zotac GFX760 2GB, I7 4770

Il-2.exe.6856.zip

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro