Han

Finding the cause of a random crash issue (Special Thread #1)

crash upon clicking Start to begin a mission

BoM campaign, Long Expert Intercept in MiG3

crash in the black screen before mission starts

Il-2.exe.1500.zip

Me too. CTD every time I choose to fly in a particular campaign (BOS, Part 2, Chapter 3 (Air Bridge). Flying a Yak1 ser69 out of Kachalinskaya to full intercept at 15:10. Makes no difference whether I fly a Lagg, or try a short mission. Oddly, the game never crashes when I fly an IL2. Trying a different airfield does not make a difference. I tried a clean reinstall but no luck. I am running the 64-bit game. Flying in normal settings.

Crash occurs as soon as I press the Start button to begin flying.

Never encountered this problem with other (earlier) campaigns. I wish developers would get around to fixing this bug.

Attached is my latest dump file.

Thanks.

Il-2.exe.9252.zip

Crash in single player BOM campaign (chapter 3 Last assault),  intercept mission in BF-109 (Expert, short), i always change loadout (in this case i added armoured glass), when mission finishes loading i hit start button and game crashes.

It happend (crashes) many times before in this similar scenario.  

Il-2.exe.1608.zip

Il-2.exe.4596.dmp.zip

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Date.time:  June 19, 00:45 EDT  (03:45 UTC)

In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);  MP

In what mission; WOL

What did you do before the crash;  Been in mission about 30 minutes

What happened in the mission before the crash;  Just flying.  Not involved with enemy.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  na

DMP file link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmby6l5klneperx/Il-2.exe.4468.dmp?dl=0

Date.time:  June 19, 22:45 EDT  (02:45 UTC)

In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);  QMB

In what mission; Multi-plane sortie

What did you do before the crash;  I was in various planes changing my pitch curve.

What happened in the mission before the crash; If I remember correctly, when I clicked accept on the setting change the CTD happened.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  I had changed it a number of times without a problem.  I pressed pause, made the change and clicked accept.  The time it crashed I did not pause the game, I just made the change and clicked accept, then boom.

DMP file link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/nplphg84mgfpyit/Il-2.exe.1856.dmp?dl=0

Crash to desktop whenever I attempt to launch a campaign missions from the Russian side to intercept transport planes during the handoff from the campaign map to the plane.  No special action was taken before the crash.

I noticed after doing a clean install and driver update that this seemed to go away; although I had to reconfigure my controls and such did not run the mission.  After reconfiguring, running a different mission type, this crash re-appeared.

Il-2.exe.8324.zip

When I encountered the crash: Upon clicking "Start" to start mission.

Game Mode: Both QMB and Campaign; did not test in any other game mode.

In what mission: Any

Before the crash: setup aircraft and/or mission

Never got to the mission because it crashes at after clicking Start

Additional info: the game seems only to crash when rain/snow is to be present.

Il-2.exe.644.dmp.zip

Date.time:  June 25, 17:16 EDT  (21:15 UTC)

In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);  Main Menu

In what mission; none

What did you do before the crash;  I was exiting the game.

What happened in the mission before the crash; Clicked on Exit and received a CTD.

DMP file link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqalpmgud0k5hoq/Il-2.exe.5548.dmp?dl=0

Date.time:  June 29, 21:46 EDT  (01:46 UTC)

Version:  2.002b

In what mission; WOL - Stalingrad summer

What did you do before the crash;  Just returning to base.

What happened in the mission before the crash; Zooming in and out.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  Game launched from exe shortcut.

DMP file link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm1p9594knepjj8/Il-2.exe.8028.dmp?dl=0

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

Date.time:  July 6, 22:00 + 22:30 EDT 

What did you do before the crash;  Just flying, not engaged.

What happened in the mission before the crash; na

DMP file links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdcfn8882b8ore3/Il-2.exe.468.dmp?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4v9f1jal9lde07/Il-2.exe.3640.dmp?dl=0

Date.time:  July 8, 23:20 EDT  (03:20 UTC) 

In what mission; WOL - Stalingrad Winter

What did you do before the crash;  Just flying, not engaged.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/thoidvde7jspyzk/Il-2.exe.7240.dmp?dl=0

Date.time:  July 10, 21:56 EDT  (01:56 UTC) 

In what mission; TAW - Stalingrad summer

What did you do before the crash;  Low level over target airfield with many objects in IL2 1942, had just dropped a bomb and was in tight turn.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  The screen froze, sound stopped.  I pressed CRT-alt-del and saw error message screen to end program.  When I mentioned what happened, another player said that also happened to them and others.  Unfortunately, these aren't reported.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp16f47hkgkkf96/Il-2.exe.6412.dmp?dl=0

Every time i start the Launcher or direct IL2 it stops working with the Message "Launcher didnt work. The Programm stops because of a Problem ...".

But some times i can start the game over the il2.exe. If a join a Multiplayerserver, setup my plain i can join and look arround. BUT if i start the Engine the game crashs and i am back on the desktop without a message.
I resintall the game, it works 2 times where i played on a multiserver but today it stops working again.

I have the nevest drivers installed and set my firewall for the game.

Starting the Launcher or the Game as an admin and uncommend the read only directory settings didnt help.

I use Win10.

DMPfiles http://black-sheep-aao.de/sofa/CrashDumps.7z

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not my PC or Problem but i send this from a Friend which didnt speak english

After returning to game (alt+tab) sometimes i lose force feedback only in pitch axis in MSFF2 joystick, remedy to this is to go to the menu controls and click some tabs then hit escape and FF on pitch is back. But this time after hiting escape game chrashed to desktop.  I was in multiplayer session  just took off and noticed no force in pitch axis.

Il-2.exe.7308.dmp.zip

Date.time:  July 17, 22:00 EDT  (02:00 UTC) 

What did you do before the crash;  Low level over in dogfight.

What happened in the mission before the crash;  Was using the "Zoom In" control

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  The screen froze, sound stopped.  I pressed CRT-alt-del and saw error message screen to end program.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohjnuftfrakphil/Il-2.exe.5584.dmp?dl=0

• In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario): Multiplayer

• In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario): Wings Of Liberty Server - Stalingrad Summer Map

What did you do before the crash: I was following an unsuspecting Bf 109 busy chasing an allied Il-2

What happened in the mission before the crash;  Was using the "Zoom In" control, preparing to fire

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash: The game closed, returning to desktop with the error Il-2.exe has stopped working

Il-2.exe.3796.zip

Edited by Ace_In_Exile

Date.time:  July 30, 11:35 EDT  (15:35 UTC) 

In what mission; TAW - Stalingrad summer

What did you do before the crash;  High altitude making a dive bombing attack on airfield under heavy flack.

What happened in the mission before the crash;  Had just released my bombs.  Was using the "Zoom In/Out" control during this period.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/lichlnpkipyg71l/Il-2.exe.7056.dmp?dl=0

Date.time:  August 9, 1340 EDT  (1740 UTC) 

Version:  2.003

In what mission; Stalingrad summer

What did you do before the crash;  Had flown a sortie and finished, went back to change planes.

What happened in the mission before the crash;  When I selected to change ordnance I received a CTD.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8hdkzdap1i4g6r/Il-2.exe.2072.dmp?dl=0

Date: 14 Aug 2016

Time: 1727Q

• In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);

QMB

• In what mission;

Free Flight, Moscow Autumn map.

• What did you do before the crash;

Climbing away from a strafing run.

• What happened in the mission before the crash;

Shot up one staff car and was strafing a truck column.

• Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.

I was recording a track.

Dump file too large to upload to this forum. Can be retrieved here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/myif1o8vmwxi8a0/Il-2.exe.9308.dmp

Date.time:  August 22, 2119 EDT  (August 23, 0119 UTC) 

In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);  WOL

In what mission; Stalingrad winter

What did you do before the crash;  I Alt-Tabbed out of the game which shrunk it to the Task Bar.

What happened in the mission before the crash;  When I selected the icon on the Task Bar to reopen the game it CTD.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  First of all this is the first crash dump report from an entirely new PC build (specs below).  Also, this is not a one time incident.  I have only been up and running in the game for two days on this system but the CTD on the Alt-Tab seems fairly consistent regardless of whether spawned in an aircraft, at the Briefing screen or Main Menu.  I am only posting the latest crash file, others are available if you want them.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyuhrhaqporfo10/Il-2.exe.10092.dmp?dl=0

New system specs:

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
CPU - Intel i7 6700K 4.00GHz Quad Core
RAM - 16GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz CAS 15 (15-15-15-35)
Graphics - nVidia EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5 - Driver 364.72 WHQL
Motherboard - ASUS Z170-A ATX
Power Supply - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2, 80+ GOLD 650W, Fully Modular
SSD OS - 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal
SSD Slave - 1TB SanDisk X400 SSD SATA 2.5" 7mm
Monitor - BenQ ISP LCD Monitor 32" BL3200PT - 2560 X 1440 native resolution 16:9  (In game res - 1920 X 1080)

Date.time:  August 26, 1220 EDT  (1620 UTC) 

In what game mode (MP/QMB/campaign/scenario);  none, at Main Menu

In what mission; none

What did you do before the crash;  Started the il2.exe progam

What happened in the mission before the crash;  When the Main Menu came up I immediately Alt-Tabbed to the desktop.  When I clicked on the icon on the Task Bar to re-enter the game it CTD.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  The only program running was IL-2 BOS.  TrackIR, Teamspeak, key mapping software were not running.  I was at the screen where you enter On-line or Off-line when I tested this.  The CTDs on reentering from Alt-Tab occur consistently regardless of which screen I do it from.  This is new to me since I have gone to a Windows 10 system (which was a clean install), never had this issue under Windows 7.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/hb0ieahj4swpyeg/Il-2.exe.5408.dmp?dl=0

I don´t find the crash log, but I get CTD, whenever I enter the settings during a MP mission. Normally the the first or second "click" leads to CTD, no matter which part of key setting I am in.

I did the following as a test.  In my August 26 post above I had the game setting of Full Screen.  I have since turned that off.  I did a test of the Alt-Tab under the new setting.

Date.time:  September 6, 10155 EDT  (1455 UTC) 

In what mission; none

What did you do before the crash;  Started the il2.exe program.  At the Main Menu I Alt-Tabbed and opened the web browser.  I then close it and went back into the game.  No CTD at that point.  I proceeded to the QMB and selected an airfield and plane.  

What happened in the mission before the crash;  When I clicked on the Start button I received a CTD.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  I have Alt-Tabbed successfully since the change of the Full Screen setting, a CTD now seems hit and miss.  I have a new Windows 10 system (which was a clean install), never had this issue under Windows 7.

DMP file links:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tov9t38lbpxg6a/Il-2.exe.6520.dmp?dl=0

Multiplayer TAW server, after choosing 109F4 with 75% fuel, removed backplate and added 15mm cannons, game crashed to windows after start button pressed. This same scenario happen two times in a row. Third time i changed the airport and be able to play normally.

Il-2.exe.4376.dmp.zip

Il-2.exe.7704.dmp.zip

Edited by 307_Tomcat

• Crash encountered when clicking START in the aircraft setup screen;
  • QMB
  • just my plane mission
  • usual stuff - select weapons, skin, etc.;
  • mission didnt start
  • I run Win10 64, 2x GTX770 SLI, Intel 4770 CPU, 16 GB DDR3.

I have also a lot of crashes when trying to map my controls - when I click accept or want to adjust the curves or assign certain axis or keys to given commands. Crashes happen a lot.

Il-2.exe.10340.zip

Sometimes after fresh spawn when mission was changed force feedback on MSFF2 joystick starts behaving odly in this case force was knocking, known remedy to some FF issues is to hit escape then go to the settings,key mapping and click on tabs for example main coontrols,pilot head control, camera controls and then hit escape, escape  and  game chrashes to desktop. I can replicate it event without issue with FF and is SP mode (latter time dump file).

Il-2.exe.2256.dmp.zip

Il-2.exe.3996.dmp.zip

Then I hopped on line (Wings of Liberty) and as soon as  I connected to the server, bam complete freeze, need to restart. No blue screen though.

Same problem.

I have also experienced the MS FFB2 "thumping" that occurs sporadically.  I find if I Alt-Tab out and then come back in, it corrects it.  This is problematic however if it starts "thumping" in the middle of action.

Sorry, not a "crash" issue per se.  May be better posted elsewhere.

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95

Date.time:  September 12, 00:30 cet

Version:  2.003, windows 10

multiplayer

What did you do before the crash; had been rammed and falling from the sky trying to recover.

Additional info you think is relevant to the crash.  was recording.

Il-2.exe.8700.zip