coconut

Coconut's missions

post-31381-0-89169200-1455741744_thumb.jpg

What: 2h of intense fight around a common objective on the ground

When: Tuesday 23/02/2016 19.30 GMT

Where: Coconut's Teamspeak: bosdserver.chickenkiller.com pwd "coco"

How: Please register in this thread, indicate whether you'd prefer to play Russian or German. No plane limits, respawn allowed. Max 16 players.

German tanks are attacking Novomaksimovsky from the South. The objective is at the crossing between the railway and the road near the train station. Russians win by capturing both German rear tank bases.

If a team completes this objective, it wins immediately.

post-31381-0-10728500-1455742809_thumb.jpg

Secondary objectives

Buildings marked on the map. At full time, the side with most secondary objectives completed wins.

post-31381-0-88160500-1455742793_thumb.jpg

Air forces

Advanced airfields with ground attackers.

Bombers and fighters available at rear fields.

Logistics and support

Russians

bm13 are dispatched from the North to provide artillery fire to the South outskirts of the city.

Transports on the road from Kalach provide supplies to a platoon of T70s stationed North-East of the city.

Germans

Three platoons of pzIII starting at 30min intervals from the rear bases

One fast-moving group of armored cars

Two Stukas over the advance of tanks South of the objective and a Bf109e7 for air superiority.

Strategic objectives

Destruction of 3 bridges near Surovikino disables AAA on the German advanced airfield

Destruction of both train stations at Kalach disables AAA on the Russian advanced airfield.

Bombing of the entire length of the runway disables the airfield (both runways must be bombed at Oblivskaya).

Destroying a German train lowers the skill of the AI planes (ju87 and bf109e7 over the tank battle)

Destroying a Russian ship prevents healing of anti-tank defenses.

Edited by coconut
  • Upvote 1

My only complaint Coconut is that you don't live in California so we could do this on PST instead of GMT.  Looks great, I'll see if I can check this out.  I'll fly what ever side is short pilots if I can make it.

My only complaint Coconut is that you don't live in California so we could do this on PST instead of GMT.  Looks great, I'll see if I can check this out.  I'll fly what ever side is short pilots if I can make it.

Server is online around the clock, so if other parts of the globe want to set something up, just let me know and I'll do my best to prepare the server so that it's ready in time (I'm doing this for SNBF already). Or someone in the US can run the mission, I have no objections to other people running my missions, on the contrary.

Welcome!

Server will restart at 19.25 GMT, so don't be surprised if you are early and you get disconnected.

I'll be on teamspeak and present the mission at 19.25.

Will be late, probably can only muster one sortie unfortunately - it seems I forgot today was my birthday, and all the commitment that entails. :mellow:

• Upvote 1

Thanks to all who participated. Sadly, the server half-died about 45 minutes from the end of the mission. Flights could not be completed, and people who left could not join again. Sorry about that, hope everybody had fun anyway. Most of my replays are also unplayable, and even shadowplay gave up on me this evening. I managed to salvage these pictures of a second pass we made on a Russian ship.

post-31381-0-18097200-1456263168_thumb.jpgpost-31381-0-97114300-1456263168_thumb.jpgpost-31381-0-73439300-1456263169_thumb.jpg

post-31381-0-46671300-1456263170_thumb.jpgpost-31381-0-87767600-1456263170_thumb.jpgpost-31381-0-53769000-1456263171_thumb.jpg

Edited by coconut

Since there is no SNBF going this week, I'll set my server to start a mission at 21.15 GMT-5. The teamspeak server will be on as well.

What: 2h of intense fight around a common objective on the ground

When: Saturday 27/02/2016 21.00 GMT-5 (meeting 15min before actual mission start)

Where: Coconut's Teamspeak: bosdserver.chickenkiller.com pwd "coco"

How: Please register in this thread, indicate whether you'd prefer to play Russian or German. No plane limits, respawn allowed.

The registration requirement is not a hard one, but it's obviously easier to get a good number of players who are interested say so. I probably won't be joining, since it's too late for me, but the server will be on nevertheless.

I recommend people to read the mission briefing (see post #1). There are a couple strategic decisions to be taken: Try to win the primary objective, or gather points on secondary objectives instead? Is it worth attacking the enemy's airfields to close them, or should one rush the enemy's positions with tanks? Should you wait for each other and enter the battlefield as one group, or maintain a constant presence through a trickle of constantly incoming planes? Decisions, decisions...

Edited by coconut

Great fun on Thursday, even if my flight was short. Chased a pesky Emil and when I landed right on his six an 88mm shell scores a direct hit on my plane. I ran home and made a very ugly landed (upside down, wing ripped off kind of thing). Considering that little of my elevators was left and I could barely see, it was a good landing :biggrin:

"chickenkiller.com" is the domain of a free dynamic dns provider, which I guess hosts a number of shady servers. I'll look into a cheap proper domain name to extract my server from this dubious company.

EDIT: Done. Chicken around the world will be relieved to hear that my stuff (teamspeak server, server status page...) is now at coconutside.eu.

Edited by coconut