Sign in to follow this  
I./JG53_BlackJaguar

Thrustmaster Warthog

Hi All,

Up until yesterday, I have been using Saitek cyborg evo joystick which has rudder (z-axis) built in. I got TM Warthog stick yesterday and it doesn't have support for z-axis and I don't have rudder pedals either. I have been playing with the game key binding and looks like I can assign rudder to a specific key on the stick on keyboard...however I don't see a key bidning option where I can center the rudder with just one button. I have not used the TM Warthog software yet...thanks for your help!

Never has been a key binding for centering rudder, and a lot of people have asked for it, in one of the recent Dev diaries  am sure I saw mention that it will be introduced soon

maybe someone else remembers better?

Cheers Dakpilot

Never has been a key binding for centering rudder, and a lot of people have asked for it, in one of the recent Dev diaries  am sure I saw mention that it will be introduced soon

maybe someone else remembers better?

Cheers Dakpilot

Thank You a thousand times!!! :)

You gonna love the Warthog!!!!! yes you will need to get rudder pedals for it...... it took me about 30 days to get used to the pedals after using twisty stick but it was worth the wait and frustration..... it is a more real experience and more shooting accuracy just a different and welcomed option   

There are suppose to make that in the future.

8.Add a button to reset rudder axis to middle position (useful for players who use buttons to control it);

Read more: http://www.simhq.com/daily-news/il2-sturmovik-battle-moscow.html#ixzz409S5i98m 

Yes it was from DD 120

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?p=326490

Cheers Dakpilot

Thats one of the main reasons i didnt get the warthog. I dont like pedals so twist is a must for me.

I love the stick...I'm just not too crazy (or my Visa card) right now to spend another $200 for pedal..I don't even know which ones to get...I can't believe resetting the ruddle is not already in the game.

I can't believe resetting the ruddle is not already in the game.

Because the "casual gamers" use auto rudder. "Hardcore" have twist stick or rudder pedal.

Use this until the fix don't come or you buy a Rudder Pedal (120 to ~400$).

Edited by Sokol1

"Hardcore" have twist stick or rudder pedal.

i would say Hardcore have rudder pedals. 

Today everyone with joystick - even the "3in1", is "hardcore".  :)

To me hardcore would be a true HOTAS ( stick and throttle), rudder pedals, and head tracking.

But hardcore is a very subjective thing and reliant upon the specific individual and what defines hardcore for the individual.

There is no "one size fits all" definition for hard core...

Edited by dburne

Yes, the mileage vary, some people have all this "gadgets" but fly with unlimited ammo, unlimited fuel, external, labels, "GPS", padlock and other "aids" and cheat with trims, e.g. aileron and rudder in Bf 109*, and consider themselves "hardcore". :)

From another point of view (1) they can be seen as just "gamers" (and maybe "cheaters").  :lol:

////////////////////////---Axis Trimming [HAT 1]---////////////////

/////////////////////////---X(S3 OUT) AND Z (Rudder) S3(IN)---////////////////

MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1L,
REXEC(0, 100,"TrimDXAxis(DX_ZROT_AXIS, -5);"),//Z
REXEC(0, 100,"TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, -5);"));//X

MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1R,
REXEC(1, 100,"TrimDXAxis(DX_ZROT_AXIS, 5);"),//Z
REXEC(0, 100,"TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, 5);"));//X

///////////////////////////---Y---////////////////

MapKey(&Joystick, H1U, REXEC(1, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, -5);"));
MapKey(&Joystick, H1D, REXEC(1, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, 5);"));

///////////////////////////---Cancel all Trims and Lock X-Y-Z---////////////////

MapKeyIO(&Joystick, S4,
EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, CURRENT);TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, CURRENT); TrimDXAxis(DX_ZROT_AXIS, CURRENT);"),// Locks X- Y- Z to current position 
EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, SET(0));TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, SET(0));TrimDXAxis(DX_ZROT_AXIS, SET(0));")); // Cancel All trims ( X- Y - Z )

///////////////////////////---END OF COMMON LINES---/////////////////

(1) That don't necessarily involve the (BS) "realism".  :rolleyes:

I am a "casual gamer" - actually using a 4 buttons stick, pedal and... keyboard. But no "aids", what can maybe classified as "casual gamer "hardhead''...".  :biggrin:
Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

take these and you will be happy for the rest of your life

http://mfg.simundza.com/products

I agree. I have had mine (s/n 407) for quite some time now and I can't understand how I managed without them. Using buttons for rudder control simply isn't an option for me since you have no precision whatsoever. The Crosswinds together with the TM Warthog stick and TrackIR is a match made in heaven for Il-2, DCS and even Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. Couldn't be happier.

Hi All,

Up until yesterday, I have been using Saitek cyborg evo joystick which has rudder (z-axis) built in. I got TM Warthog stick yesterday and it doesn't have support for z-axis and I don't have rudder pedals either. I have been playing with the game key binding and looks like I can assign rudder to a specific key on the stick on keyboard...however I don't see a key bidning option where I can center the rudder with just one button. I have not used the TM Warthog software yet...thanks for your help!

You could use the throttle microstick x axis...

Try it...always better an analog axis.

I didn't try it becouse i have vkb pedals, but i know someone is using it.

I agree. I have had mine (s/n 407) for quite some time now and I can't understand how I managed without them. Using buttons for rudder control simply isn't an option for me since you have no precision whatsoever. The Crosswinds together with the TM Warthog stick and TrackIR is a match made in heaven for Il-2, DCS and even Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. Couldn't be happier.

:good: 

Agreed, it don't get any better than that!

Yes, the mileage vary, some people have all this "gadgets" but fly with unlimited ammo, unlimited fuel, external, labels, "GPS", padlock and other "aids" and cheat with trims, e.g. aileron and rudder in Bf 109*, and consider themselves "hardcore". [ :)]

From another point of view (1) they can be seen as just "gamers" (and maybe "cheaters").  [:lol:]

////////////////////////---Axis Trimming [HAT 1]---////////////////

/////////////////////////---X(S3 OUT) AND Z (Rudder) S3(IN)---////////////////

MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1L,
    REXEC(0, 100,"TrimDXAxis(DX_ZROT_AXIS, -5);"),//Z
    REXEC(0, 100,"TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, -5);"));//X

MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1R,
    REXEC(1, 100,"TrimDXAxis(DX_ZROT_AXIS, 5);"),//Z
    REXEC(0, 100,"TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, 5);"));//X

///////////////////////////---Y---////////////////

MapKey(&Joystick, H1U, REXEC(1, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, -5);"));
    MapKey(&Joystick, H1D, REXEC(1, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, 5);"));

///////////////////////////---Cancel all Trims and Lock X-Y-Z---////////////////

MapKeyIO(&Joystick, S4,
    EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, CURRENT);TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, CURRENT); TrimDXAxis(DX_ZROT_AXIS, CURRENT);"),// Locks X- Y- Z to current position
    EXEC("TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, SET(0));TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, SET(0));TrimDXAxis(DX_ZROT_AXIS, SET(0));")); // Cancel All trims ( X- Y - Z )

///////////////////////////---END OF COMMON LINES---/////////////////

(1) That don't necessarily involve the (BS) "realism".  [:rolleyes:]

I am a "casual gamer" - actually using a 4 buttons stick, pedal and... keyboard. But no "aids", what can maybe classified as "casual gamer "hardhead''...".  [:biggrin:]

I remember this topic about cheating from the early days of IL-2.

The code above is mine and I use it to make my virtual flights easier, not to get an advantage over other users. That s why I shared the profile with the community and not keep it for myself....

Warthog software can do amazing things. For instance, I can change curves during flight, I can  set a  flare dispatch  or engine sequence to a single key press and many more ....

I have an advantage over other users? Sure I have!

The same way I have advantage when I use Track IR and other players KEYPAD for views, rudder pedals over "z" & "x" keys, a lot of axis for radiators, propeller pitch etc when others use keys.

On the other hand other players have advantage over me when they fly with 60 fps full settings when this is my max score in medium graphics or when they use triple 27'' LED monitors and I have an old 24'' LCD 

To sum up, I didn't  fly with unlimited ammo, unlimited fuel, external views , labels, padlock since sometime during 2002 so I  consider my self as a  "hardcore" player.

Edited by 335th_GRSwaty

I can remember the crap that was flung around on certain forums when we started using Trackir.... being called cheats and all manner of things, lol!

Still, I have always used stick, throttle and rudder from the start, plus trackir of course... could not imagine flying without the full set up... :)

• Upvote 1