=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Hello all Fighters and Bombers participating in IV. season of Tactical Air War!
Our development of TAW is moving forward and forward. Many new things was implemented from last season, and a lot of work is ahead of us. The same applies to certificates.
Now we introduce a little bit different system of graduation which now looks like that:
Every single pilot - bomber and fighter - from top 5 table, will be honoured with Diploma and special Medal Box.
Each side can achieve medals, and there are 8 of them.
How many you will achieve, depends of your streak (this can be checked at yours pilot`s stats page).
Now at the end of every campaign, pilot will be honoured with a Box containing all gained medals with grade epaulets, and with Diploma at which the highest medal will be placed.
Next season will come for sure, and how many of you will gain full set of medals?
Keep an eye on your streak, and we will see. Good luck!

And now your certificates:

TOP 5 FIGHTERS:

15078619_1688432364801411_64423754022126

15094512_1688432354801412_81911567159543

14993468_1688432391468075_38269066076072

15032180_1688432371468077_69351212498361

15079040_1688432414801406_19180801804701

15073340_1688432401468074_15673788213077

15073467_1688432454801402_43643479931074

15037086_1688432441468070_92993186886848

14991954_1688432494801398_25747043140631

15032156_1688432511468063_18733572067959

• Upvote 2

Each side can achieve medals, and there are 8 of them.

what exactly?

So is there anything which could be done to prevent this "Alt+F4 cheat" which is being used to RTB your plane without spending a second flying back home and completely vanishing from battlefield and removing the risk of losing your plane?

So is there anything which could be done to prevent this "Alt+F4 cheat" which is being used to RTB your plane without spending a second flying back home and completely vanishing from battlefield and removing the risk of losing your plane?

Easy fix : after pilot exit , count plane as crashed and pilot as captured....unfortunately this will hurt the players where the game crashed , but i see no other way atm....just think of it as a mechanical failure in the plane and the pilot couldnt return it to friendly lines...

Edited by Hutzlipuh
  • Upvote 1

Easy fix : after pilot exit , count plane as crashed and pilot as captured....unfortunately this will hurt the players where the game crashed , but i see no other way atm....just think of it as a mechanical failure in the plane and the pilot couldnt return it to friendly lines...

Yeah I agree. If game crashes it is just bad luck as is getting hit from flak at 4000 meters. Pilot exit/disconnection should be considered as bail-out.

Yeah it's disappointing that just a handful of bad apples spoil the whole bunch--- but it might have to come to this.

• Upvote 1

No.

Its not an easy fix and not a solution in a game which is crashing randomly since the beta tests till now.

No.

Its not an easy fix and not a solution in a game which is crashing randomly since the beta tests till now.

Most Frustrating thing is when you are just about to Level Bomb an Airfield from good Altitude after flying for 40 Minutes and game Crashes just seconds before Bomb Drop.

I suggest earlier that if someone alt-f4 you retract the cm and all kills achieved during that particular flight. But perhaps you only need to make a timer before you can spawn again, like 10-15 minutes or so, that way it's faster just to fly home again, rather than alt-f4 and wait.

No.

If it's random, maybe you could log how often it happens per player. If it happens randomly more often with specific players, then hit with ban hammer or some such? ;)

• Upvote 2

I suggest earlier that if someone alt-f4 you retract the cm and all kills achieved during that particular flight. But perhaps you only need to make a timer before you can spawn again, like 10-15 minutes or so, that way it's faster just to fly home again, rather than alt-f4 and wait.

This would disencourage Bombers, since they fly Missions around 1h of Length normally with higher probability of Game Crashes, and a Game Crash can just ruin your entire evening, punishing that would be awful.

Wow.  I wouldn't jump directly to cheating but something is seriously wrong and it's worth a very close look.

Well that seems like a cheat:

Collected from today's changelog v2.005

14. A way to cheat without using memory hacking software by making an aircraft invulnerable has been removed;

15. A way to cheat without using memory hacking software by making an aircraft cockpit invisible for improved view without using memory hacking software has been removed;

14. A way to cheat without using memory hacking software by making an aircraft invulnerable has been removed;

15. A way to cheat without using memory hacking software by making an aircraft cockpit invisible for improved view without using memory hacking software has been removed;

Any updates regarding object markers (icons) and lead computing gunsight?

• Upvote 1

No.

Maybe after X disconnects (with no damage) resulting in IN-FLIGHT landings, the account is flagged for administrator review to assess potential abuse of the system.

• Upvote 2

Haven't got on as much as id like this time,

But still enjoyed it immensely.

And i still think its to easy for pilots to throw away lives and planes in pursuit of points.

I mean look at the number of deaths!

Maybe only having 1 of each plane earned, and if your'e shot down (not killed) having to fly in a replacement aircraft from an airfield way behind the front line.

And resetting them all to zero when your'e killed?

Anyway i look forward to the next campaign, and tackling the 1B.

No.

is it crashing that badly for you? oops....

i also had my share of crashes , but with me it looked like after ~2,5 hours the probability was highest...looked to me like a memory leak or something not getting cleared from last flight...hard to get a hand on if im not flying more then 2 hours atleast...

Edited by Hutzlipuh

Any updates regarding object markers (icons) and lead computing gunsight?

Flipping a bit to make a 20mm a 23mm (or a 37, whatever is in game) would also be easily addressed by better logging metrics available to server admins... (fingers crossed)

is it crashing that badly for you? oops....

i also had my share of crashes , but with me it looked like after ~2,5 hours the probability was highest...looked to me like a memory leak or something not getting cleared from last flight...hard to get a hand on if im not flying more then 2 hours atleast...

I have had a lot of crashes recently, the most recent of which was anytime I took a screenshot... out of 10 guys, we'll have 1 or  2 crash per night, minimum.

It's not horrific, but I see the rub.... you'd be punishing legitimate players in order to to prevent children who can't compete without gaming the game... tough situation.

Edited by [TWB]80hd
  • Upvote 1

Offer disco is the loss of the aircraft, but no loss of life

I personally like the loss of life but not the aircraft option myself, because it's *usually* the scorehounds that do this most egregiously, but it wouldn't prohibit someone from using it the way it was in the last campaign, to speed up unopposed bombing runs...

We COULD all just agree not to do it...  :lol:

...but guys, this is impossible...there are no cheats in this game.

• Upvote 4

No.

done right - Damaged - Disconnects - death and the loss of the aircraft.
We must still deduct points for this sortie

Maybe after X disconnects (with no damage) resulting in IN-FLIGHT landings, the account is flagged for administrator review to assess potential abuse of the system.

The boy, the war in the mission with disco was over, there was no need to return.
Can you see my special disco during the war? Evidence?
You not  have them and never will be, because I always fly to the base.

The boy, the war in the mission with disco was over, there was no need to return.

You not have them and never will be, because I always fly to the base.

X = an example number in this instance.

Not everything is about you!

You not  have them and never will be, because I always fly to the base.

X = an example number in this instance.

Not everything is about you!

Correct, not Mr.X, but instead X is a variable number the administrator chooses, whether it is 3, 4, or 5 events to flag for review.  Please calm down.

I think that having a death or loss of plane for disconnect out ways the potential to exploit the disconnect b4 a fight option.

Also, since the game does not model random engine malfunctions, disconnects are the closest thing making the game more historically accurate.

#2cents

• Upvote 1

I think that having a death or loss of plane for disconnect out ways the potential to exploit the disconnect b4 a fight option.

Also, since the game does not model random engine malfunctions, disconnects are the closest thing making the game more historically accurate.

#2cents

If any unit would have as many engine failures as i have random crashes of the game, i guess the mechanics would get into serious trouble... Edited by 6high

Just remove the AK and GK from that mission when you disconnect. so you won't gain anything but you also don't get hurt when it's a game crash.

btw restarting the game every 1-2 Map-Missions (so 2-4 hours) helps agaist the crashes.

Edited by [TWB]ec0ke

if he damaged from a player exactly before disco (or game crashed) = dead

if he not damaged from a player and disco (or game crashed) = in Flight

Edited by I./JG68_Sperber
  • Upvote 1

if he damaged from a player exactly before disco (or game crashed) = dead

if he not damaged from a player and disco (or game crashed) = in Flight

that's exactly how it is atm. so you can after bombing or shooting something down, alt f4 and you don't have to fly back to base with the danger of getting damaged or getting shot down.

if he shot down a plane and have a many in flight after that !!

Report this the admins !!

I feel like you didn't read the posts before yours. :)

One other thing which is annoying is the fact that we are able to fly a plane in missions which we don't own. For example if I have one FW190 available and lose it I am able to spawn it again in that same mission. All kills which I make will not count to my stats BUT destroyed enemy vehicles/planes/pilots still are lost on that mission. Only penalty for that is if I lose that FW190 again I will have -1 of that plane available after reload but it's still a problem.

Edited by LLv34_Taku

Just remove the AK and GK from that mission when you disconnect. so you won't gain anything but you also don't get hurt when it's a game crash.

btw restarting the game every 1-2 Map-Missions (so 2-4 hours) helps agaist the crashes.

I would be in favor of this.  Streaks are important to scoring as I understand it, as is the survival of the virtual pilot.  The issue I had was that I had a streak going and it was ended through no fault of my own.  I would prefer to lose one of my aircraft or all the Air Kills and Ground kills on that sortie to having my streak ended by a death issued for game instability.

I don't know if people are gaming the Alt-F4 thing or not, but for those of us who have a lot to lose from a game crash I am hoping the Admins consider the stability issues going forward.  Not sure if I'd have made it to the end of the campaign with my streak intact, but it was a possibility at the time, and also that I would have improved it.  

I stopped playing when all my work over more than a week disappeared.  Just didn't feel like starting over...

• Upvote 3

I don't know if people are gaming the Alt-F4 thing or not, but for those of us who have a lot to lose from a game crash I am hoping the Admins consider the stability issues going forward.

During the past campaign I had two bombers (Bf-110 an Ju-88) and a fighter that disappeared right in front of me as I was about to engage them. The bombers disappeared right after their bombing runs, which makes me suspicious. The fighter was turning and fighting, so that was probably a disconnect. I think the problem is a bit more common than we think, though the majority of people still fly all the way home. That being said I had a disconnect right after a bombing run too, so who knows....

Either way I think it should be changed that you don't get those kills counted for you, but that nothing "bad" like losing an aircraft occurs. That will keep stat padders from doing alt-f4 since it does nothing to add to their precious stats. Still amazes me that people will do things like that in a simulator (or any game really, it's just a game).

• Upvote 3

Either way I think it should be changed that you don't get those kills counted for you, but that nothing "bad" like losing an aircraft occurs. That will keep stat padders from doing alt-f4 since it does nothing to add to their precious stats. Still amazes me that people will do things like that in a simulator (or any game really, it's just a game).

This is truly the most effective and reasonable solution. I really hope the LG team considers this.

Not to go too far OT, but I'm curious to what degree modern fighter skills/training apply to WW2 fighter combat (simulated as it might be).

Subject to security constraints of course :)

You'd be surprised how few of them translate well to WW2.  Not the least of which are:

1.  The need to account for Torque, which still vexes me if I am not on my A-game.

2.  Having to manipulate Trim, flaps, and even throttle modulation (to account for Torque).  These things should be done for me!

3.  Rudder skills...probably my weakest point, as rudder is HUGE in this sim, and I am never touch them IRL.

4.  The Roller.  We teach this in training, but it has few applications in our BFM book.  So I am not the best at it.  I have to work at it.

5.  I'm also pretty conservative when it comes to Dogfighting, as my number one goal is to survive, not get into a knock down drag out furball just to get sniped by a passerby.

6.  High Deflection shooting without a lead computing sight.

• Upvote 1