=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I-16 has no equal on this card!  :biggrin:

Blue side lose all aircraft!  :biggrin:

This I-16 is to be respected, no doubt about it!

Respect the Airplane is not necessary, respect the pilot, he makes him strong, and not vice versa!

...I am still trying to figure out if there is some transcendent truth which normal players are unable to understand, or if it is just inconsistent chatter.

Anyway, MrX, I've seen the salty "revenge" video you uploaded in order to bash the wet bandits. You also did post it here.

I don't like to see something like that going on on our server. It is not meant to be a place for making anybody's personal animosities public. It's an offer of most realistic gameplay. To all players who are mature enough.

I would rather appreciate a video made by you showing some thrilling ingame footage. Or an entire sortie with a good planning and some realistic battles. You did that quite often on Wings of Liberty and I enjoyed your videos very much. Salut for that!

It would be a great contribution to the popularity to the server if you could do anything like this for TAW, too.

• Upvote 4

Hi

Registered on the wrong side....Can you delete my profile please ?

Thanks

UF_Luny

...I am still trying to figure out if there is some transcendent truth which normal players are unable to understand, or if it is just inconsistent chatter.

Anyway, MrX, I've seen the salty "revenge" video you uploaded in order to bash the wet bandits. You also did post it here.

I don't like to see something like that going on on our server. It is not meant to be a place for making anybody's personal animosities public. It's an offer of most realistic gameplay. To all players who are mature enough.

I would rather appreciate a video made by you showing some thrilling ingame footage. Or an entire sortie with a good planning and some realistic battles. You did that quite often on Wings of Liberty and I enjoyed your videos very much. Salut for that!

It would be a great contribution to the popularity to the server if you could do anything like this for TAW, too.

Me too ,would rather see a live stream .

And besides is`nt this TAW all about team work .

Edited by II./JG77_Con
  • Upvote 1

Im with Pand, 

I feel people are just throwing planes and lives away.

No 'free' aircraft and a resupply mission to get one back would help the situation alot.

I know im going to get flamed, but its just to easy at the moment.

We feel it too. Auto-replenish planes will be much more limited in the next campaign (e.g. only transport and attackers Ju87 & Il-2).   I thinking about limiting current planeset for map #3 and others. 

Hi

Registered on the wrong side....Can you delete my profile please ?

Done.

------------------------------------------------

Manual was added to the TAW web site (on top bar). You may find there useful and latest information about TAW server. The previous pdf manual is not up to date so please don't use it.

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 2

109e7 vs Pe-2 during Tactical Air War Tour 4, Map 1.

I feel this is a pretty good representation of the amount of damage PE-2's can absorb with the current damage model.  After reviewing the logs, this PE-2 RTB'd and landed successfully.

IMHO, this matchup is tough for the Germans due to the five areas identified below:

Troll Disclaimer: I'm not a historian and this is just my interpretation of my experiences.  I do not know if these are historically accurate, but this is how they are represented in game.

The e7's guns are weak.
The e7's airframe is weak.
The PE-2 is super durable.
I-16 guns are super powerful.

I-16 airframe is super durable (I experienced similar results when attacking I-16s with the the e7's 20mm MGFF---- 15mm on F-2 is far more effective).

Good Hunting Gentlemen.

• Upvote 6

I feel this is a pretty good representation of the amount of damage PE-2's can absorb with the current damage model.  After reviewing the logs, this PE-2 RTB'd and landed successfully.

IMHO, this matchup is tough for the Germans due to the five areas identified below:

Troll Disclaimer: I'm not a historian and this is just my interpretation of my experiences.  I do not know if these are historically accurate, but this is how they are represented in game.

The e7's guns are weak.

I-16 airframe is super durable (I experienced similar results when attacking I-16s with the the e7's 20mm MGFF---- 15mm on F-2 is far more effective).

Good Hunting Gentlemen.

Only way I typically down them is light one on fire (very rare?), or take out each engine on subsequent passes. Firing from the 6 position reduces effectiveness of the cannon rounds significantly. Almost as if the cannon HE explosion is occurring behind the plane and having very little effect.

Was unable to down an I16 due to the same reason, I was hitting it in the rear section and not in the wing/engine. It soaked up MG and Cannon rounds like a sponge. I needed a wing man to finish it off.

Something seems quite odd.

WOW ..!! 

MR.X 

is back ..??

I was told that TWB said at the forum that they win the war. For any direction.
I came with friends to refute it. All of their winnings, this crowd without resistance. :russian_ru:

This video evidence of blatant lies TWB.

Axis really lacking teamwork at the moment. 12vs1 on server right now.

All planes killed.

It is necessary to remove the addition of aircraft after a while !!!

Replenish only need taking off on a mission !!! :ph34r: 

Edited by MK.MrX

Yeah numbers go up and down on both sides. For example yesterday Reds were dominating in numbers first and then later Axis had numbers. But Airfields are taken now when there's nobody defending. Must be fun. I guess the problem is lack of players in game as a whole...

StG2_Schmausch,

I have been on the server many times when certain players or members of certain groups have in chat accused Mr X of cheating and indeed have used your own forum area to accuse him of cheating.  Therefore, I guess it is MrX's way of trying to inform those who continually complain about him, that he is not cheating. 

Regards

Haza

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 1

why the blue team lost over the EU night?

Early morning hours there's no axis players on server. Map 3 just started, hopefully it's not over before evening...

MrX, how are you making so many kills? I mean, I get that the E7 and JU87 are extremely fragile, but what is it that you are doing that others are not?

Let me explain...

Right now, as of this post, you have 35 hours in the game and 109 air kills. That puts you at #1 for air kills, and number #8 for time played. TPAKTOPUCT (#1 for time played) and =ART=TriXx (#4 for time played) have 60 hours and 40 hours respectively. I mention them, because they're the only other pilots even close to your kill count and time played. Yet they have half the amount of kills as you, and double time played. This leads me to believe that some how you're seeing targets sooner than everyone else, because you're able to get into conflict with other fighters two times more often than any other person in the game. For every 1 hour played, TPAKTOPUCT sees and shoots down 1 plane to your 2 planes (as an example). How do you see other players so soon? Can you give us your video settings? I currently have a beast of a computer and can see targets pretty far out with Mastiff's settings, but maybe you can give your settings to us? Obviously, this will only help the community grow, and provide that challenge you implicitly want from other players. amiright?

Moving on to other data... Lets compare your air kill amount to every single pilot on the server. Again, you have 109 air kills, and the next highest persons, Krupinski and TPAKTOPUCT, have 67 kills. If I compare Krup and you (1 German ace vs 1 Russian ace), both of you rarely if ever go for ground targets, so you're both purely fighters in my eyes. Krup has 28 hours which is nearly the same as your 35 hours played. Yet, Krup only has half of the amount of kills you do. This is the best guy in the server besides you, and again you see and kill targets twice as fast. How?

Let's dig deeper though; if I compare your kill count to the average player's kill count (about 10-15 kills), you have over 4-5 times their amount. How are you so good that you have 4 times the amount of kills as over 630 players that have flight time? Krupinski has many videos that he streamed on Twitch that show what he's doing and how he's doing it. Because he streams occasionally, I have been able to ask him questions in real time about what he's doing and how he's doing it. This has only helped me and others become a better pilot. Maybe you could stream as well... this way as you're flying we can ask you questions about the choices you're making and how you're doing XYZ. Once more, I point out that we're all here to grow the community. I know I would right away ask questions like - "What video settings are you using to see a target and call it out correctly?", "Do you have triple monitors or VR to be able to see like that?", "What joystick do you have and what are your sensitivity settings?"

More data... because I truly am interested in understanding how you do so well, so I too can improve. When I compare your individual kills versus an entire squad of pilots (ie: 10-15 players all working together), you as an individual have more kills than every single squad in the game except ART and TWB. And the only reason you have less than them, is because of their hours played. TWB's pilot hours combined is 325 hours, and  ART's pilots have 158 hours played. You, as an individual, barely have 35 hours. How are you out performing groups of pilots all working together? Are you on their Teamspeak? I mean, shouldn't a group of 3-4 players be able to close the gap in performance - especially if they have triple your hours played. I just don't understand how a single pilot is outclassing groups like ART, LG, 2ndSS, and 12.OIAE. I've flown with all of these guys and they're great pilots as individuals, but extremely deadly pilots when they work together (which they do).

My final piece of data... How are you able to conserve so much 20mm ammo to shoot down 3-5 planes consecutively each flight? Additionally, nearly every single kill that you have made results in a pilot kill while the pilot is in their cockpit. Of the listed missions, you have 14 pilot kills out of 36 air kills. How are you able to aim at the cockpit most of the time? Is this the best place to aim on an E7 and F2?

Again, thanks for helping us other pilots out and helping the community grow! Hopefully with your help, we can get to your skill level.

Edited by Sketch

Sketch,

Perhaps you need to pay and join Mr X's flying circus to learn his skills.

Haza

Sketch,

Perhaps you need to pay and join Mr X's flying circus to learn his skills.

Haza

I already have his videos, they're in Russian. :\

I think There has been some good team work coming from the Axis but some need to rethink there game play  . ¬¬

When i have been on line people are talking in chat and giving advice but some times its just ignored . ??

Axis really need too start working together .

Yesterday the VVs attacked the northern airfield with Pe-2 and I-16 constantly and they were there to protect their tanks as the 109 pilots found out .

Stuka did a great job with Ju88 to take out the tanks .

Now im not saying im the best pilot but Just a quick thought for 109 pilots `  what i witnessed yesterday was three i-16 down low attacked by four 109 from high and three of the 109s ` went after one smoking i-16 leaving the other two  i-16 to turn onto their six and engage .

I myself was also damaged clearing a 109 that had i-16 on his tail . Do not underestimate the i-16 .Gents . see you in the skies . 

Well done too VVs for two map wins . 

I feel this is a pretty good representation of the amount of damage PE-2's can absorb with the current damage model. After reviewing the logs, this PE-2 RTB'd and landed successfully.

Troll Disclaimer: I'm not a historian and this is just my interpretation of my experiences. I do not know if these are historically accurate, but this is how they are represented in game.

The e7's guns are weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZPFbzGIOw

Good Hunting Gentlemen.

This make BOS so arcade. I can understand that plane could have stronger airframe but this is totally out of place. BTW with those amount of fuel leaks and so many visible hits and sparks - that would ignite that plane in no time.

Because TWBs shoot at paratroopers.

Yes this also happen too me on TAW

` I  bailed and i-16 came in on purpose shooting at me in my chute , my chute collapsed but lucky i wasn't killed as i was near to the ground .

Also when landing being strafed .

Anything to bring the pilot and plane numbers  down i guess .  

After all this is WAR...!                               ............... right . 

Edited by II./JG77_Con

lmao i thought the witch hunt would be over by now

Sketch go and try out fighting him in a 1 on 1 duel a couple times and tell us how it went :biggrin: its funny seeing below average to average pilots calling highly experienced virtual pilots cheaters. Just because he is better than you and 95% of pilots flying online doesnt make him acheater :lol:

Morssari - Did I claim he was a cheater or did I ask for advice? Let's read over my post again... Here's my last sentence to help you understand the intent of my post -> Again, thanks for helping us other pilots out and helping the community grow! Hopefully with your help, we can get to your skill level.

Moreover, you suggest I 1v1 an obviously better pilot. That's a great suggestion! And I would love to 1v1 anyone, including Mr.X but only to learn from them. Not to claim I'm better than anyone. 

• Upvote 1

The e7's guns are weak.

Good Hunting Gentlemen.

Move along nothing too see here .  :biggrin:

MrX, how are you making so many kills? I mean, I get that the E7 and JU87 are extremely fragile, but what is it that you are doing that others are not?

Let me explain...

Right now, as of this post, you have 35 hours in the game and 109 air kills. That puts you at #1 for air kills, and number #8 for time played. TPAKTOPUCT (#1 for time played) and =ART=TriXx (#4 for time played) have 60 hours and 40 hours respectively. I mention them, because they're the only other pilots even close to your kill count and time played. Yet they have half the amount of kills as you, and double time played. This leads me to believe that some how you're seeing targets sooner than everyone else, because you're able to get into conflict with other fighters two times more often than any other person in the game. For every 1 hour played, TPAKTOPUCT sees and shoots down 1 plane to your 2 planes (as an example). How do you see other players so soon? Can you give us your video settings? I currently have a beast of a computer and can see targets pretty far out with Mastiff's settings, but maybe you can give your settings to us? Obviously, this will only help the community grow, and provide that challenge you implicitly want from other players. amiright?

Moving on to other data... Lets compare your air kill amount to every single pilot on the server. Again, you have 109 air kills, and the next highest persons, Krupinski and TPAKTOPUCT, have 67 kills. If I compare Krup and you (1 German ace vs 1 Russian ace), both of you rarely if ever go for ground targets, so you're both purely fighters in my eyes. Krup has 28 hours which is nearly the same as your 35 hours played. Yet, Krup only has half of the amount of kills you do. This is the best guy in the server besides you, and again you see and kill targets twice as fast. How?

Let's dig deeper though; if I compare your kill count to the average player's kill count (about 10-15 kills), you have over 4-5 times their amount. How are you so good that you have 4 times the amount of kills as over 630 players that have flight time? Krupinski has many videos that he streamed on Twitch that show what he's doing and how he's doing it. Because he streams occasionally, I have been able to ask him questions in real time about what he's doing and how he's doing it. This has only helped me and others become a better pilot. Maybe you could stream as well... this way as you're flying we can ask you questions about the choices you're making and how you're doing XYZ. Once more, I point out that we're all here to grow the community. I know I would right away ask questions like - "What video settings are you using to see a target and call it out correctly?", "Do you have triple monitors or VR to be able to see like that?", "What joystick do you have and what are your sensitivity settings?"

More data... because I truly am interested in understanding how you do so well, so I too can improve. When I compare your individual kills versus an entire squad of pilots (ie: 10-15 players all working together), you as an individual have more kills than every single squad in the game except ART and TWB. And the only reason you have less than them, is because of their hours played. TWB's pilot hours combined is 325 hours, and  ART's pilots have 158 hours played. You, as an individual, barely have 35 hours. How are you out performing groups of pilots all working together? Are you on their Teamspeak? I mean, shouldn't a group of 3-4 players be able to close the gap in performance - especially if they have triple your hours played. I just don't understand how a single pilot is outclassing groups like ART, LG, 2ndSS, and 12.OIAE. I've flown with all of these guys and they're great pilots as individuals, but extremely deadly pilots when they work together (which they do).

My final piece of data... How are you able to conserve so much 20mm ammo to shoot down 3-5 planes consecutively each flight? Additionally, nearly every single kill that you have made results in a pilot kill while the pilot is in their cockpit. Of the listed missions, you have 14 pilot kills out of 36 air kills. How are you able to aim at the cockpit most of the time? Is this the best place to aim on an E7 and F2?

Again, thanks for helping us other pilots out and helping the community grow! Hopefully with your help, we can get to your skill level.

LOL .... :ph34r:  :ph34r:

You do know that he has his own man made joystick .  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Edited by II./JG77_Con
  • Upvote 1

MrX, how are you making so many kills? 

This is a topic TAB server, no need to talk about it here.
You probably brand-new player to the IL-2?
Ask other players about me in the TS, you will be told. :)

Krupinski 

Who is it? I was told he lives somewhere in the cosmos, it seems on the moon? :blink:

You do know that he has his own man made joystick .  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Yes, I have become even better with a joystick to fly BRD! :joy:

why the blue team lost over the EU night?

Red team won the map, because they have destroyed 400 axis tanks.

TAW Manual:

To win the TAW campaign one side must win five maps in total. To win the map one side must capture or destroy all enemy airfields or cities. One map consist of several missions. Each mission last about 1:45. There are also resource limitation on each map: 1300 airplanes, 900 pilots and 400 tanks. If a side reaches one of those limits on the current map then it will lose this map.

Edited by StG2_Juuti
  • Upvote 1

Red team won the map, because they have destroyed 400 axis tanks.

TAW Manual:

To win the TAW campaign one side must win five maps in total. To win the map one side must capture or destroy all enemy airfields or cities. One map consist of several missions. Each mission last about 1:45. There are also resource limitation on each map: 1300 airplanes, 900 pilots and 400 tanks. If a side reaches one of those limits on the current map then it will lose this map.

Yes I know. But I dont know which of the conditions was the deciding factor. Thanks

The e7's guns are weak.

Good Hunting Gentlemen.

My only air kill this campaign (I'm a terrible pilot, I know) is a PE2 with an E7.

The secret is to tickle them with MGs and they will get so scared about their stats they will disconnect.

And that's how you kill a PE2 with an E7  :biggrin: 

• Upvote 3

Thanks for reminding me, Haza, I watched this discusion developing over a couple of months now. More important, look at theese three following posts:

Sketch wrote:

Let me explain...

[loads of text, pointing to an unbelievable effectiveness - asking for explanation ]

and MrX wrote:

I was told that TWB said at the forum that they win the war. For any direction.
I came with friends to refute it. All of their winnings, this crowd without resistance. :russian_ru:

TWB loses all aircraft and leave the server. So it was today.
Pand asked chatting "What Russia is now in time?" .... 
I wanted to answer it -  "Time to shoot down the crowds TWB" :lol: 

I think I have to make myself clear here: Whether or not anybody shows an astonishing performance which makes other players at least question this huge skill gap they are observing, does not matter in this forum section. It has been already pointed out, this is about TAW only - namely: specific gameplay and registration questions, suggestions for improvements, observation of server hardware or software problems, useful tips, propagation of appealing and useful TAW-related videos, and most important =LG=Kathon staying in touch with the participants. All this stuff.

Please do not use this forum section for anything else.

However, this includes the following warning: Most of us want to participate on TAW for making the experience of strategy and tactic in WWII air combat. And this is what the server is designed for.

Although some may find your performance questionable, Mister X, I find your motivation to participate on TAW questionable. Leave all that personal stuff aside! As a renowned player you are welcome to participate on TAW - without drawing attention to that bollocks. If you like our work, you can contribute a video on your YT channel.

Edited by StG2_Schmausch
  • Upvote 3

All blue airfields were broken

Yes . From my previou  post they attacked constantly the northern airfield with Pe-2 and I-16 . I think all airfields were knocked out . 

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Thanks for reminding me, Haza, I watched this discusion developing over a couple of months now. More important, look at theese three following posts:

Sketch wrote:

and MrX wrote:

I think I have to make myself clear here: Whether or not anybody shows an astonishing performance which makes other players at least question this huge skill gap they are observing, does not matter in this forum section. It has been already pointed out, this is about TAW only - namely: specific gameplay and registration questions, suggestions for improvements, observation of server hardware or software problems, useful tips, propagation of appealing and useful TAW-related videos, and most important =LG=Kathon staying in touch with the participants. All this stuff.

Please do not use this forum section for anything else.

However, this includes the following warning: Most of us want to participate on TAW for making the experience of strategy and tactic in WWII air combat. And this is what the server is designed for.

Although some may find your performance questionable, Mister X, I find your motivation to participate on TAW questionable. Leave all that personal stuff aside! As a renowned player you are welcome to participate on TAW - without drawing attention to that bollocks. If you like our work, you can contribute a video on your YT channel.

It takes a lot of years to improve the skill to a astonishing performance and of corse some people improve faster than other. So is so unpleasant that someone call you a cheater only because you are good. 

Of corse there are cheaters there but you must have some evidence to call someone cheater.

Maybe if you guys see his videos you will learn something. I am doing that

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Upvote 3

Hi!

Could not taxi bf110 nor bf109 Zryriansky tonight (Stalingrad south #104).. Nor any else could take off. All planes were turning to left and it was impossible to taxi turn to right...

Wondering if Russians had same problem tonight when taxiing..

-veccu-

Edited by LLv24_Veccu

Hi!

Could not taxi bf110 nor bf109 Zryriansky tonight (Stalingrad south #104).. Nor any else could take off. All planes were turning to left and it was impossible to taxi turn to right...

Wondering if Russians had same problem tonight when taxiing..

-veccu-

That is ether a thing of the intense groundlevel wind OR a thing since the last patch. With a lot of wind its hard to get planes turning to the right on the ground. (109s due to engine torque, prop wash and 10-15 m/s groundlevel wind)

• Upvote 1