Tactical Air War

=LG=Kathon

RedKestrel
17 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

One suggestion I would like to propose is to have the Typhoon also as part of the Basic fighter lineup. Given it was a very prevalent workhorse of the RAF. In the 2nd Tactical Air Force they equated in numbers to the Spitfire Mk IX.

To compensate for the Axis lineup maybe the Fw 190s could be disagregated into their own slots.

For example 1st map Basic would be P-47D, Spitfire, Typhoon, Boston vs Fw 190 A-8, Fw 190 A-6, Fw-190 F/Gs, He 111 H-6.  And for 2nd and 3rd maps for Axis basics would be Bf 109 G-14, Fw 190 A-8, Fw 190 F/G, He 111 H-16.

I would like to see this too if possible.

=/Hospiz/=MetalHead
23 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I would like to see this too if possible.

Rather unlikely, at least for now.
Keep in mind that every additional basic is also additional +1 plane per player. We want to keep number of basic planes low, so players have to take care of their hangar. 
You can still choose "Typhoon" line and get that plane as first unlock if you like it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

No.610_Smokejumper

Popped in to say you guys did rad preview video! Well done.

I look forward to the next campaign. Thanks for all the hard work you do for all of us to have a laugh.

Edited by No.610_Smokejumper
  • Like 1

=/Hospiz/=MetalHead
2 hours ago, RavN_Gora said:

Can you tell us about death penalty time? 

We're back to 3 lives and 20hr penalty. +0.2 life for a sortie with CP.

41 minutes ago, JG4_Matthias said:
last question, do the cards go 3 hours again?

2h 45 min +/- 5 min as it was on the last western edition.

A new, improved manual is coming thanks to @=KG76=flyus747.
It's still few days away as we are making last checks and edits. I hope it will answer a lot of your questions when it finally comes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:

We're back to 3 lives and 20hr penalty. +0.2 life for a sortie with CP.

Great to hear that! Looking forward for this TAW. Thanks LG and anyone that is involved in this project. 

@SCG_geronim0 I have to tell you I find it incredibly odd and disturbing, that you find it sad that someone dosn't want to use some 3rd party invasionware like discord.

I don't need it, I don't want it and I don't want to be made to look like something odd for not wanting to use it ok? My computer my choice, I'm not rolling up it's sleeve for anything I'm suspicious of ;) 

grab_001.thumb.jpg.5b5f13b53136914e9940f53688c4fce2.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

SCG_geronim0
32 minutes ago, Pict said:

@SCG_geronim0 I have to tell you I find it incredibly odd and disturbing, that you find it sad that someone dosn't want to use some 3rd party invasionware like discord.

I don't need it, I don't want it and I don't want to be made to look like something odd for not wanting to use it ok? My computer my choice, I'm not rolling up it's sleeve for anything I'm suspicious of ;) 

grab_001.thumb.jpg.5b5f13b53136914e9940f53688c4fce2.jpg

My only hope is that the TAW discord grows as I find it provides the best platform for hosting and growing a community like the one we have here. Not going to derail the TAW forum any more than this.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

JG77_Knipser
1 hour ago, Pict said:

if you dont want to install the discord app, you can go to their website and use the browser based version instead.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JG77_Knipser said:

if you dont want to install the discord app, you can go to their website and use the browser based version instead.

Thanks, but no thanks.

• Sad 1

JGr8_Leopard

Oh yeah, 262 has not even appeared yet, and the activists of the red team remind of him in fear. Balance, fairness, haha Typhoon in the basic set, against Fw-A8 haha. Blue side attendance will be weak on Map 1. 

Edited by JGr8_Leopard

7 минут назад, JGr8_Leopard сказал:

Oh yeah, 262 has not even appeared yet, and the activists of the red team remind of him in fear. Balance, fairness, haha Typhoon in the basic set, against Fw-A8 haha. Blue side attendance will be weak on Map 1. 

I think there are 2 changes needed only

1. FW190 D-9 as advanced plane at first map. (In service from (09.1944) 

2. No bombs required for 262A and everything will be good. 

Edited by iFollow

-=PHX=-SuperEtendard
1 hour ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

Balance, fairness, haha Typhoon in the basic set, against Fw-A8 haha.

lol, not about balance but what was actually there in relevant numbers. Typhoon was mainly tasked with ground strike anyway at this point of the war, and I see similar role for it too in this campaign. For fighter job you have the Spits/P-51 and specially Tempest.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

A8 is better at bonking ground targets than Typhoon.

I am really amazed all the cheese over this. 

262 is literally a meme plane without actual targets for it (fat bomber formations)

And K4/G14 is just best all around brawler, from sea level right up 7 km, it blows competition away. And no one is fighting this war at 8km+....

Generally, the Axis has better bomber planes available for dive, precision and levelbombing so losing western TAW mainly due overhartmanning....

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

KG200_Achilles

262 shouldn’t be in planeset at all, very few flying it and even them i doubt if they really need it..

more realistic planeset doesn't always means more realistic virtual war.

Fix some standards first( like the “contact” that ground troops are transmitting, which should be some miles before reaching target as it was in reality and not some minutes after they leave), and then look for realistic planesets..

1 minute ago, KG200_Achilles said:

262 shouldn’t be in planeset at all, very few flying it and even them i doubt if they really need it..

more realistic planeset doesn't always means more realistic virtual war.

Fix some standards first( like the “contact” that ground troops are transmitting, which should be some miles before reaching target as it was in reality and not some minutes after they leave), and then look for realistic planesets..

262 is a noob trap for hartmanss to occupy their time and sabotage their team. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

JGr8_Leopard
8 часов назад, iFollow сказал:

7 часов назад, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard сказал:

lol, not about balance but what was actually there in relevant numbers.

Needs 109 in base. it’s a matter of balance.

Why are the divisions in France taken as a basis? Why wasn’t any other area chosen where there was no shortage of 109? Why is there a binding to any region at all? This choice looks beneficial to the red side. 

I find it odd that the Germans have the Ju-52.

1st, they then have twice as many transport planes as the allies.

2nd, if it's to be used as a paratroop transport that is really odd because the last (only) time they jumped in Holland was in 1940.

The irony here is that Arnhem was the biggest para drop ever and it wasn't the Germans doing it ;) 

So I know that there isn't yet an allied jump ship, but are we getting the Ju-52 just because we can or is there a historical signifcance to this choice?

CSW_606_Temp
17 hours ago, iFollow said:

I think there are 2 changes needed only

2. No bombs required for 262A and everything will be good. 

1. FW 190D9 from 1944 had bomber engine with 1700PS. We have 2000PS beast from late 45. 

42 minutes ago, CSW_606_Temp said:

1. FW 190D9 from 1944 had bomber engine with 1700PS. We have 2000PS beast from late 45. 

Late 45? 

17 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

A8 is better at bonking ground targets than Typhoon

You confuse play and life))
IRL everything was different, but in game the Typhoon will bomb on the target and in passing will gobble a 2-3 FWs)))

Edited by WG_Muskat

=LG=Mad_Mikhael
8 hours ago, Pict said:

I find it odd that the Germans have the Ju-52.

1st, they then have twice as many transport planes as the allies.

2nd, if it's to be used as a paratroop transport that is really odd because the last (only) time they jumped in Holland was in 1940.

The irony here is that Arnhem was the biggest para drop ever and it wasn't the Germans doing it ;) 

So I know that there isn't yet an allied jump ship, but are we getting the Ju-52 just because we can or is there a historical signifcance to this choice?

Because we want for people, to have fun with Ju-52.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

Because we want for people, to have fun with Ju-52.

That's great and I'm all for that. It hasn't even started and I've already had fun with it :) 

So, will it be able to drop paratroopers? If it is, that might be something I'd have a go at.

Edited by Pict

1 hour ago, WG_Muskat said:

You confuse play and life))
IRL everything was different, but in game the Typhoon will bomb on the target and in passing will gobble a 2-3 FWs)))

... A8 has 8 center-line bombs, along the wing mounted one and plenty of cannons. 

I can kill more tanks with A8 than i can with any allies single engine plane. You need to pull out A20 or peshka to get same numbers. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

=LG=Mad_Mikhael
1 hour ago, Pict said:

That's great and I'm all for that. It hasn't even started and I've already had fun with it :) 

So, will it be able to drop paratroopers? If it is, that might be something I'd have a go at.

Yes. Same as previous TAW campaings.

image.thumb.png.7654c1b2a1a8a38f01b33d8b5e253ce7.png

Can't wait for C-47!

• Thanks 1

JG4_Qetzalcoatl
11 hours ago, Pict said:

Btw, the last para drop by the germans was during the Battle of the Bulge....😇

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stösser

Edited by JG4_Qetzalcoatl

1 hour ago, JG4_Qetzalcoatl said:

Btw, the last para drop by the germans was during the Battle of the Bulge....😇

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Stösser

Interesting indeed...so what part of Holland did they jump into? 

13 hours ago, Pict said:

the last (only) time they jumped in Holland was in 1940.

===============

@=TH=mincerinteresting documentaty. Seems that the drop was a fiasco from end to end with some of the Ju-52's getting lost and dropping 200 paratroopers near Bonn well into Germany in the wrong direction.

Would make for a tough mission though as they took off in snow.

Edited by Pict

=LG=Kathon

Hello and welcome back after a long break. New TAW west campaign will start on Friday 24.09 at about 16:00 UTC.

Changes:

• Brand new defense positions for west campaign. Every position is different and unique. They are also much bigger then before. When attacking try to find areas where many relevant targets are located like: tanks, artillery, armored half-tracks etc. 
  • Offensive mission (Allied map#1, Axis map#2) - attacker starts map with only a few cities at the beginning but constantly attacks by tank convoys. The key is to capture as many enemy cities as possible minimizing own losses. Defenders may also spawn tanks but much less frequently. Important: tanks don't move or attack the city if enemy position is damaged less than 15% in total. After a few missions they retreat and disappear from the map. Remember also to destroy enemy incoming supply convoys and trains near that city.
  • New map limits: 850 aircraft and 600 pilots. Higher limits for attacking side as before.
  • New scoring system after each map. For every:

held city: +1 pts
          50 more aircraft lost than the enemy: -1 pts
          50 more pilots lost than the enemy: -1 pts
          80 more tanks lost than the enemy -1 pts

The side with more points wins. So every map is important and you can change the result of the whole campaign even on the last map (before it wasn't possible). 

• New plane set with lines for west campaign. It looks complex at the first sight but in general all lines have the same type of aircraft but in different order of replenishment. Some payloads may be unavailable depending on the depot destruction level. Important: bombers must take off and land on the same airfield (similar as Me262).
  • Me262 is available for Oberstleutnant or higher rank.
  • Depot is completely destroyed if it's destruction level equal 75% or more. It's repaired slightly after 6 missions without attack.
  • Awards for squadrons don't add aircraft to the hangar only give extra exp. We have to change this system in the future taking number of pilots in squadron into account.
  • Please check new Combat Points system (more CP for aircraft) in the reworked manual by =KG76=flyus747

Registration is open.

Good luck :salute:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 17
  • Upvote 1

JG4_Qetzalcoatl

6.7 Anti-Aircraft Artillery (AAA)
•Airfields and Depots have respawning AAA (90 second respawn). ...
•Airfield AAA respawns after 5-10 minutes.

How do I have to understand this two sentences? Is the first counter for AAA spawning after the first detection of an enemy and the second for respawn after destroying the emplacement?

Edited by JG4_Qetzalcoatl
  • Upvote 3

=LG=Coldman

It should be written: after you destroyed AAA on airfield or depot it will respawn after X amount of time. We will correct it.

Edited by =LG=Coldman
  • Like 1

That's me signed up...Luftwaffe this time, Zerstrorer line up.

Funny how many of the faces had moustaches, it was like a Charlie Chaplin look a like competition. I had to reload the page anout 8 times to get a clean shaven guy to fly as. It doesn't seem so popular with the Allies for some reason?

Anyhow I'm looking forward to getting shot down relentlessly by the AAA & Allied fighters :) 

LLv24_Zami

Maybe Galland was used as a prototype for axis side face profiles. 

He's not a pilot but let's not underestimate proper moustaches 

28df7680d7ed3d7489509d151ede3cfc.jpg.cca4fddc4e96804e2029b73eb2295ab7.jpg