50 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

You should add the question: How to bring back chimango to the campaign?

My understanding is that for Chimango to come back IL-2 Devs have to fix DM issues. BTW, it will also bring back many other red pilots. Unfortunately, it is out of scope of server developers responsibility.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of having to reveal exact location of objectives similar to the supply convoy mechanic. 

Some more 'side' objectives with small bonuses would be quite welcome. Photo recon objectives, temporary small unit cluster spawns randomly along the frontline. Stuff like this would help to use more of the map, rather than the same static objectives we have done over and over. 

Maybe give cities defences/objects? always seems a bit strange them being part of the global map but not really ingame.  

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Remember why there were these rules (which are many years old) and the balancing system? If it is broken, then there is a risk of losing players who will not see the point of taking off against a significant number of opponents without being able to win. You yourself wrote that you treat this as an esports game. And in sports, equal teams play in equal conditions (although they may have different equipment). The winner is the team that best interacts as a team. This season, the blue team had an advantage, but failed to realize it. The Reds were more organized, motivated, and purposeful. I saw how you called your opponents weak, not able to conduct air combat, not knowing the strengths of their aircraft. These are fair comments. But if you are not able to assess the situation by looking at the map, do not see the advantages of your location and vulnerabilities, then this is the same, this is also a weakness, only of a different kind. The server is called Tactical Air War, and that's what makes it attractive. I will repeat what I wrote earlier. Right now, the server is very well balanced. This is confirmed by the intense struggle and a large number of draws, often everything was decided at the very last moment. If the blue team is not able to win in equal conditions, then perhaps it is worth giving the blue pilots a chance and adjusting the rules that have worked for many years and that are already well studied. I think we are all interested in an interesting game against a strong opponent, a victory over which brings satisfaction.

Yet if the balance achieved results in 10v1 flying during one part of the day and so moving the map one direction and then 1v10 later in the day and so moving the map the other way... does it really lead to an enjoyable experience for most of us long term?

Personally I'd rather fly 25v55 even if I'm on the side with 25... I think all of these balancing measures are stopping the numbers of players we used to see. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

I like the idea of having to reveal exact location of objectives similar to the supply convoy mechanic. 

Some more 'side' objectives with small bonuses would be quite welcome. Photo recon objectives, temporary small unit cluster spawns randomly along the frontline. Stuff like this would help to use more of the map, rather than the same static objectives we have done over and over. 

Maybe give cities defences/objects? always seems a bit strange them being part of the global map but not really ingame.  

I had mentioned this sort of thing in my feedback post as well.  IMO the bottom line is there are still too few critical targets, that tend to focus attention on both sides (i.e. tank columns attacking and defensive positions defending).  This may keep some players from attacking (esp on the outnumbered team), due to its suicidal nature.

On the other servers like wings or combat box, the targets are also known, but there are many of them, which means the server population tends to be spread out.  With TAW, the most important objects that affect movement of the front lines has always been the attacking tank columns and defensive positions of the town/airfield being attacked.  Thus each side tends to focus on these two areas as they are predictable.

We do have some other ancillary targets, but their contribution to the movement of the front line are not nearly as important as the tank columns/defensive position health:

- Supply columns (some importance as they help strengthen tank columns), but you don’t see these all the time

- Trains (some importance as they help strengthen airfields/defenses), but you don’t see these all the time

- Supply depot (some importance for generating bigger tank columns and special loadouts, but deep in enemy territory)

- Random flak (near the front line, but minimal impact on tank count)

What we can use is more targets to spread the opposing forces, such as:

- Actual town objects to destroy, as suggested above, that have some influence on the town/airfield being captured as well, to spread out the defenders and provide more targets.

- Additional supply columns that move from rear airfields to front line airfields that must survive in order for the airfields to “heal” significantly , in addition to supply flights.

- Other targets near the front line like larger troop concentrations or some such, that may draw both sides to attack/defend, and have some significance to capturing/defending territory.

If we force both sides to spread out a little more with additional targets, I believe it will become more appealing to the on-the-fence pilots that don’t want to jump into a meat grinder.

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Upvote 2
7 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

Personally I'd rather fly 25v55 even if I'm on the side with 25... I think all of these balancing measures are stopping the numbers of players we used to see. 

It is also necessary to take into account the fact that the fighter likes the presence of a large number of enemy air targets, and for a bomber pilot it is best to reach the goal, complete the task and not meet the enemy. The balance system arose in response to the fact that the server quickly became empty after the first maps, when the numerical superiority of one of the parties became obvious. First, the pilots working on ground targets left, and then the fighters. I saw the situation from my side exactly like this. But it is better to ask the server administration why they created the balance system. Surely there were reasons for this.

By the way, if you're so interested in having an opponent, why don't you split into two teams in your own time zone? You would always have an opponent, and there would be no distortion on the server due to the night shift. You're a big enough squad and you have a lot of people

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Upvote 2

Do you like the idea of a historical 50% balanced 50% aircraft line that is unlocked by points (squadron lines or individual lines)?

I like a historical airline line without restrictions on the available weapons / bombs but depending on the depots!

How can you invite more people to TAW (mostly red side) to keep the teams most of the time?

You can't, because it will always be a free decision whether to play or not and because the squads also fly what they want. No squadron should be forced to fly one side.

What do you think about using the same AAA / different object in blue / red objects so there is no doubt about the balance?

Historically incorrect. Every page should use the AAA that is available. I don't want to mix it up!

Do you like the idea of earning points for new, better aircraft?

No, I think it's pretty good the way it is

How often do you leave the server because you run out of planes?

Never

Do you have a motivation to attack the ground targets, or do you just prefer to defend targets and hang high up?

Full motivation to attack ground targets, but only in a team. (Better chances)

Do you like a limitation system that balances the game when one of the team has more players?

The idea of limiting the number of destructible targets (tanks) with an above-average number of players on a page is not bad.

How many times do you fly transport to get + 1CM?

seldom, mostly I have CM full and only fly transport for tactical or team play reasons.

What was good this season?

The long flights, that promotes team play and the involvement of TS or SRS. I really like the western front map. Very good team play from the TAW-TS Squads LG, KK, Llv24 and JG4 as well as some free players. Also the red mixed units

What was bad this season?

The sudden important change in a running map (Map1) For this reason I didn't play for 2 days.

What are the strengths of this server?

Flyable 24 hours a day

What is the biggest problem with TAW campaigns?

The sudden openings and closings of front airfields. There are 5 at the same time! At least one should always be open there, which is really annoying if you want to fly when you are 10 but cannot take off. Do you like realistic settings without technochat? Yes 100% It's all a training thing

How can you invite more people to TAW (mostly red side) to keep the teams most of the time?

As already stated Red side is weak .

Blue side is strong . fact .

24 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

As already stated Red side is weak .

Blue side is strong . fact .

Yes, and as you can't force people to play red, there should be encouragement of some sorts.

I.e. extra life? Extra popular fighter aircrafts? Imho this is a question based in a equity vs. equality discussion

Edited by brutalbombs
On 2/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?

In my opinion the planeset can't be choosen fully historical accurate, so you will always need kind of an compromise creating it. For me that would be as close as possible to that what actually flew in this times, but we could use the number limitation of certain airplanes for some balancing. In case of this westfront campaign I would have liked to see more german planes without MW-50 at the beginning. Maybe for that purpose we could have started a bit earlier in summer 1944.

I have two sents for the unlocking of planes in the planeset. At first I would really love to see squadron lines, but i think it might be kind of unfair for players not being in a squad (I am asking myself why you should fly alone on a server with a huge range of squads from a lot of diffrent nations and also mixed nations). The second thing is that I want to see an overhaul of the planesystem in which every side has a reservoir of planes which is restocked every mission in consideration of the overall supply situation or special targets (e.g. trains or warehouses bringing in valuable planes like the 262). But this system would create some difficulties. One of them is the limitation to prevent planes being sacrificed uneffectively by inexpirienced players or squadrons.

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 

Increasing the diversity of targets on the map would help a lot in my opinion. It can be quite boring, if you have always the same layout. Maybe some more advertising could bring the numbers up. 
But I really hope you don't disable the technochat because it is one of the TAW trademarks to be the server with the highest difficulty option. And it could also have the opposite outcome in the worst case.

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???

Use what the game offers you in terms of ground air defense and use them historical.
In fact the only problem the M16 had this campaign was that it took at least one pass to start shooting. It was still dangerous because its bursts is fast and spread up strongly in the distance. This made evading a bit more difficult. The damaging of the aircraft wasn't that high but on the other hand your pilot was more vulnerable to it because of the spread and speed of the bullets.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ?

I want to see a whole overhaul of the system like I said in point one.

How often you leave the server because you run out of planes ?

This didn't happen to me this campaign.

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?

In our squadron we have our own career system and I tried to fly one career (until my first death) only as a fighter. For winning a map or campaign you need to fly everything in my opinion, but I understand people being caution because of a streak they have. 

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?

Yes I think it is a very good idea and system. But it should be reworked, because it doesn't work always and in a way it should.

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?

I am not very attracted to those missions and on this campaign they were very long caused by the distances, so I tried to avoid doing it. But I like the posibility to fly such missions and I think there are quite a bunch of people who like to fly those to relax. 

What was good in this season?

The planeset improved. And its a good change to fly late war planes. I enjoyed the first map the most.
I liked the long distances.

What was bad in this season?

We as the blue team didn't perform as good as we could have done.  

Whats are the strongest points of this server ??

Player flying on this server have another mindset in comparison of other servers and I think that is the most exciting about it. This may be caused by the difficulty level and the stat site. Furthermore you have a lot of groups flying around, which is more unusual for other servers. 

What is the biggest problem of TAW campaigns ??? 

The biggest problem is how people treat each other on the forum. 

Do you like realistic settings without technochat ?

Yes.

This is my opinion about the TAW expirience. I hope it is comprehensible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???

All of the above, especially the the realistic gameplay.

Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?

Yes, squadron lines.

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 

Not easy question. Maybe mixed fronts? I mean add western front maps during the campaign. This could bring more pilots from US? 

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???

I prefer historical 

Yes, for squads

Never

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?

Yes, I do!!

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?

Yes

How often you fly transport  to receive +1CM ?

Very often

No opinion, not enough missions.

No opinion, not enough missions.

Teams- Realism - 

It's hard to fly with teammates during rush hours!!

Yes!
  • Upvote 1

@=LG=Kathon It is my opinion that if this discord and lack of appreciation for your efforts continue. I think TAW need to be paused until further notice!

Somehow we have forgotten that this is a labor of love. TAW is a gift by =LG= and STG 2 not a right provided by the developers from ownership of the game.

• Thanks 1

How`s your opinions about the edition???
I enjoyed flying red, so I was happy about it. I tend to have less time for long sorties during the week, so the long flight times were an issue. But not enough to keep me from flying.

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???
The fact it has continuity between maps, which makes us care about our virtual pilot. It is the only server that has this level of sophistication at the campaign level. Any development that increases this is going in the right direction.

I am not sure that will work unless they are already interested in a more demanding experience. The only serious flight sim player I know who doesn’t fly TAW is an old SEO veteran. And he misses what he experienced with SEO. But, according to him, the limitations are with Great Battles. Not TAW.

I am less concerned about balance and more interested in immersive experiences. Imbalance can be fun at times. For example, take up a Rata in Berloga and enjoy how the 109s go crazy trying to get you. You get one of them and survive … good times. In TAW, I often have to fly alone because of my timezone. So, tangling and surviving when at a disadvantage is a challenge and is rewarding.

Yes.

If you mean run out of attackers or fighters, never. I happily fly transport. J52 or A20 in Pimax is fun.

I will attack ground targets when needed. My VR setup has gotten more powerful recently, so I am seeing ground targets better. If there was a way to better identify undamaged objects from damaged that would be more incentive. But this is a VR issue, I think.

I have no problem seeing the other side full of players when I fly. I would rather see activity than people being blocked from playing.

How often you fly transport  to receive +1CM ?
Whenever needed, see above.

Flying Spit, Mustang, and Tempest.

For me, sometimes long flight to objective, then having an airfield close, then long flight back to faraway AF. I had to disconnect several times because I had to leave for a variety of work/family-related reasons and wouldn't have time to make it back.

The dynamic continuity of missions and the focus on keeping your virtual pilot alive. Wanting to see your virtual pilot maintain his success as long as possible.

Again, for me the problems aren’t TAW-related. They are inherent in the game engine. If TAW could vary its mission types, that would be appealing. It is not a problem, though, and I realize these take time to create and implement. So, I am not complaining or in anyway making demands.

Yes. This is one of the best decisions. In VR it adds an entirely new level of demand. I now pay attention to the specifics of every plane’s cockpit in the game. Before, you can ignore them. They provide so much detail, though, when used. Of course, some things are lost, like not knowing if you are pairing your bombs correctly in some planes or not being able to feel how much you’ve turned a radiator dial, but this is a small price to pay for learning where your revs and manifold pressure need to be or watching your temperature gauges.

Edited by SCG_redcloud111
  • Upvote 1

since people keep asking about team balancing, i.e. equal player numbers, i want to repeat a part of my post from january 31st:

"We can’t support our troops because the enemy is too numerous and have better aircraft than we do."
"If I had had a dime for every time I’ve heard this I’d be a rich man today. It is inevitably so (in a game) thatone side will outnumber the other, one side will have a better performing inventory, one side will have the better pilots and one side will enjoy all the benefits of superior morale. What’s worse, depending on your allegiance of course, is that these factors are self-reinforcing: good inventory = more pilots = more success = better morale = more flight time = better pilots und so weiter. Griping and yammering isn’t going to change that. If you’re left holding the wrong end of the stick you had better do something about it, right quick. The first thing to realise in this situation is that you cannot expect to succeed in any venture at any time under any circumstance. Strike that thought from your mind. You can only succeed in such situations as your proficiency and circumstances allow, and with the above-mentioned set of disadvantages ranged against you those situations are few indeed. Tough luck, but there it is."

this is a text sample from "In Pursuit - A Pilot's Guide to Online Air Combat ". for those who don't know, this is a book written by experienced online pilots. and this book is from 2005!!!!
the discussion is as old as online sim flying. we can't know in advance which squads sign up for which side. ok jg4 is always for blue that probably won't change. most other big squads change sides regularly. in this campaign most of the big high active squads were on the blue side. but that will change in the next campaigns for sure. nevertheless red won the campaign. i found it great to fly regularly against a double or triple superiority - but that's just my opinion as a fighter only pilot.

personally, i've been flying online for 6 years and i've been flying blue exclusively for 5 of those years. for the last year, i've been flying for the red side and getting to know the fighters there. i was always like 'oh my gosh the red planes are soooo sup...and my gosh the peshka! a peshka can win a map by itself!!!...blah blah blah... but at this point i never attacked a heinkel with a yak1 or a ju88 with a mig, and never got chased by a 109 or got completly deleted by a 190...now i can say: YES the blue fighters are some real beasts. rly simple to manage, fast, a great climb rate, good dive speed, well armed and - ooooh my god - those mine shells. fighters of the red side are usually a bit hard to handle, for example the engine & radiator management, being torn apart at speeds above 650kph & lack of power (especially russian planes), etc.
because the tempest is always mentioned, as an experienced 109 pilot, i'm not impressed with the tempest in any way. yes, it's super fast in level flight and has powerful armament. but an experienced 109 pilot in the same energy situation at medium altitude usually doesn't have much trouble dealing with a tempest. don't get me wrong i love the tempest and fly it regularly, just like almost every other fighter in this game.
what I'm trying to point out here is exactly this from above: "good inventory = more pilots = more success = better morale = more flight time (= better pilots)"
a lot of pilots will always fly only blue planes...some because of some sort of national pride, others because they just like the planes, others because 'super german fighters with super advanced german technology' and other just because they have to push the throttle forward and that is basically the entire engine management and some others for reasons that I will not mention because some might feel offended, as I did for years too because i was a dumb fck not want to look outside the box.

every pilot on the red side has my deepest respect and i will definitely fly regularly for the red side...even if for the next campaign we have already agreed within our squadron to fly for the blue side.

take care guys. Ammi out. O7

Edited by JG77_Ammi
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 9
1 hour ago, JG4_Matthias said:

Refueling and ammunition should be possible on closed front airfields, if these are blocked by the balance

2.45 time also for the eastern front

change Kuban map again - I want ships

I second this

9 hours ago, JG77_Ammi said:

because the tempest is always mentioned, as an experienced 109 pilot, i'm not impressed with the tempest in any way. yes, it's super fast in level flight and has powerful armament. but an experienced 109 pilot in the same energy situation at medium altitude usually doesn't have much trouble dealing with a tempest. don't get me wrong i love the tempest and fly it regularly, just like almost every other fighter in this game.

Bravo! I can't remember last time I saw a (mostly) blue pilot acknowledging they did have an upper hand. Indeed, Tempest is no match for K4. There were possibilities to slightly balance this out by adjusting the planeset, e.g. allowing K-4 only on the third map (while allowing D-9 on the second), locking the overboosted engine etc, but it was not done, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

TAW needs an incentive to join the team with less players...

I miss flying TAW but I gave up because every time I would fly It would be me and another guy on red v 20 blue pilots.

I prefer to German planes too but I join the team with less players out of a sense of fair play.  So I wonder if I am playing with selfish children who refuse to share the nice toys...    

Maybe TAW could introduce a points bonus system for playing on the side with less pilots.  So BOTH teams get this bonus if the other team is stacked against them. In that way it is fair and it creates an incentive to jump on the team with less pilots. Greater risk equals greater possible reward. 

For example if your team is outnumber 2:1 then you get twice points for destroying targets.  

Also the way TAW makes it a pain in the ass when you change teams. I understand you don't want people jumping on one side to recon and then swapping teams with this info, but I think this is a MUCH smaller concern than 20:1 pilot ratio and, hell, maybe that one guy deserves a little info to help him anyway? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Worth to try? Individual pilot is forced to fly only what he/she choose plane lineup...Fighter, bomber or attack-plane.

Example: Im choosing bombers...so I can fly only He-111 or Ju-88 and supply....whole campaign...makes u think twice...?

1 час назад, LLv24_Oke сказал:

Worth to try? Individual pilot is forced to fly only what he/she choose plane lineup...Fighter, bomber or attack-plane.

Example: Im choosing bombers...so I can fly only He-111 or Ju-88 and supply....whole campaign...makes u think twice...?

I consider it unacceptable to be bound to one specialization for the entire campaign. We fly the type that is needed here and now to solve a specific problem. A narrow specialization, with all due respect, is anochranism. In an extreme, undesirable case for us, you can do so A-B, F-A, F-B. Again, this is highly undesirable.

• Upvote 6
21 hours ago, mincer said:

Bravo! I can't remember last time I saw a (mostly) blue pilot acknowledging they did have an upper hand. Indeed, Tempest is no match for K4. There were possibilities to slightly balance this out by adjusting the planeset, e.g. allowing K-4 only on the third map (while allowing D-9 on the second), locking the overboosted engine etc, but it was not done, unfortunately.

K4 might be better but to say that the tempest is no match...

On boden  planeset differences with the planes are tight and if you are catch for other with a little more energy the difference disapears. The thing I dont like on the tempest is how easy is to broke the wings with Gs

Edited by E69_geramos109
7 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

The thing I dont like on the tempest is how easy is to broke the wings with Gs

Yes, it is annoying at as hell, and there is no explanation. It is even impossible to check if it is a bug since the indicator does not show Gs more than +9.

23 hours ago, mincer said:

Doing this wont that effect the History .

After all TAW is about historical reenactment's . 

Since i can remember RED has always suffered here in numbers or around the time scaling side of things  .

Big Axis squadrons come here . And so they should .

I think the Devs have pushed more towards Axis but in real life wasn't Germany way ahead in the war in technology . 

I think squads should be asked too rotate through sides .

If you don't rotate you don't play , that's my thoughts . Not all of you will agree . But who wants to fly 4v1. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Since i can remember RED has always suffered here in numbers or around the time scaling side of things  .

I think the Devs have pushed more towards Axis but in real life wasn't Germany way ahead in the war in technology . 

If you don't rotate you don't play , that's my thoughts . Not all of you will agree . But who wants to fly 4v1. 

thats false in so many ways. in my early taw days the red side was always outnumbering the blue side. it changed because of the players not of the devs. accusing the lg of being biased is unfair. the lg in particular changes sides in just about every campaign. most squads do. you can see it here https://forgotten-taw.tuttovola.org/

9 hours ago, mincer said:

Yes, it is annoying at as hell, and there is no explanation. It is even impossible to check if it is a bug since the indicator does not show Gs more than +9.

In the tempest you can pull as much Gs as you want if you do it gradually. The way people break their wing is they pull negative Gs then suddenly pull a lot of positive Gs. Do some testing in quick mission and you get exactly what I'm saying. This happens generally when strafing AAA and going up, down, up, down. The more you catch speed the more Gs you will be pulling with each up and down maneuver until the wing comes off. It also happens a lot when try to dodge an attack from someone on your 6 and you do it too suddenly. I don't think its a bug.

It took me losing a wing twice on CB to understand this, trust me its pretty easy to fix

7 hours ago, KoN_ said:

A lot of squads DO rotate and I really don't think it will be much of an issue next campaign. I don't think forcing people to fly a side will help with player retention and you will have even bigger problems then

You might want to take a look at what Combat Box is doing with SRS and AI control towers. It is quite immersive and have a long road to improve even more.

TAW is, in my humble opinion, the best server around and the only one where I really feel that every life counts and where my actions have an effect on the whole campaign, but there are interesting ideas being tested in other servers that are definitely worth taking a look.
  • Upvote 7

Donation status report 02/2021

On behalf of the TAW server teams, we would like to thank you very much for your donations.

Thanks to you, the missing donations could be collected at the end of 2020. so that we can also operate the server in 2021.

Many of you donated again in 2021.

You have currently covered the costs by 46.7%.

a small note on PayPal donations:

Examples:

1.00 Euro donation - 0.37 PayPal fees = 0.63 € reaches the server account

10.00 Euro donation - 0.60 PayPal fees = 9.40 € reaches the server account

50.00 Euro donation - 3.10 PayPal fees = 46.90 € reaches the server account

100.00 Euro donation - 4.84 PayPal fees = 95.16 € reaches the server account

So it makes sense to make a donation of 10 € as 10x 1 € 😉

A big thank you goes to LLv24, JG4, Mm1ut1, Nerfection.

Thanks also to the many other donors

03.01.2021	Slawinski
04.01.2021	callsign unknown*I.U.Gil
05.01.2021	JG4_Goose
07.01.2021	callsign unknown
09.01.2021	Gote
09.01.2021	JG5_Schuck
09.01.2021	SUP_Mannaia
09.01.2021	22GCT_PlaN
10.01.2021	LLv24 squadron
10.01.2021	JG4_Pylon
12.01.2021	JG4_DonKanaille
14.01.2021	JG4_Raven via StG2
14.01.2021	JG4_Goddee via StG2
17.01.2021	ToGa
17.01.2021	callsign unknown*A.Oglodek
18.01.2021	Lypa
19.01.2021	mincer
20.01.2021	FF_Groucho
20.01.2021	 =OPFR=The_rooster
22.01.2021	 =LG=todeskvlt
22.01.2021	 =LG=Blakhart
23.01.2021	 =L/R=Maurox
24.01.2021	 =LG=Leutnant_Artur
24.01.2021	 =L/R=Rafcio
24.01.2021	 =LG=Piciu
25.01.2021	 =LG=todeskvlt
25.01.2021	JG4_Widukind via StG2
25.01.2021	JG4_Feiberg via StG2
26.01.2021	JG4_Kruger
27.01.2021	RainbowCorner3
27.01.2021	JG4_Matthias
27.01.2021	ROSS_Uspokoitel
28.01.2021	ILS_MLDD
28.01.2021	 =111=Janus
29.01.2021	callsign unknown*K. Fartunov
31.01.2021	 =LG=Lens
03.02.2021	Knipser
03.02.2021	Slawinski
04.02.2021	callsign unknown*I.U.Gil
04.02.2021	Mm1ut1
08.02.2021	Nerfection
09.02.2021	Gote
11.02.2021	Fritz-Faber

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, PhoenixLights97 said:

The technochat vote will 100% be in favor of keeping the technochat off. Of course the people who leave the server after realizing technochat is off will not be going on the forums to keep tabs on updates and such.

Exactly... 
And there might be some voices about it in eastern camapaign
And my idea is to attach voting results to the manual so new joiners will understand why TAW work like that.

• Like 1

If all issues are resolved only by voting, then in the end it may turn out that the server will be focused exclusively on blue fighters.
Because there are more blue players than red players, and there are more fighters than bomber pilots.
I really like TAW and the fact that it is constantly changing dynamically,
and I understand
that new changes have already become necessary.
I just urge you to make decisions with the majority opinion, but also not to forget about the other small, but also important part of the players.

• Upvote 7

Don`t know what those videos are supposed to proof? 

Those are different weapons, only 37mm caliber is common. IIRC those German cannons use tungsten core rounds so I would imagine they have better penetration power.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Thx Vieira :) , we noticed this, great idea,do you know how to install this or explain us installation guide on TS?

Sorry, I have no detailed information on how they made it. The usage is fairly simple, using SRS.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

Use quote option and try to answer shortly ( in points ie.) every question. 
We will check your profile in the TAW to verify how much flight hours and experience you have.

Direct attacks on LG team with imaginary accusations or dictated by lack of understanding problems connected with runing big il2 server will be just ignored.

Cheers!

How`s your opinions about the edition???
-=Have in mind:=-
- there is limited number of ground units which we can use and keep stable server performance
- bugged in game objects ( like AAA, but we can replace it) or issues cant be fixed by us
- every script line has to be written so if we would like to change whole logic we would fly in next season in 2022

(Question mostly to ADW veterans who understand this system)

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?

On behalf of the ILS squadron, here are our replies:

Simulation games should maximize the user experience for historical accuracy, and let gamer feels the intensity and excitement of the actual war, so we prefer historical accuracy over the game balance. We also prefer squadron lines, and let squadron allocate the distribution of the unlocked aircraft.3

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time?

The realism and challenge is the attraction for TAW, keep it up and at very list we will not lose players. And in time it will attract more people. Furthermore the current system limiting players from taking off will only drive people away from TAW. In order to attract more red players perhaps we can provide wider variety of planes and load out for the red team.

Forcing the balance in our view is not a good idea, player should fly according to their personal taste and preference. Limiting players from taking off will drive people away from TAW.

As long as the intensity and the accuracy of the AA is the same the AA does not have to be exactly the same.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ?
We do not support the points system.  In our opinion, the collecting planes should have limited quantities and the squadrons should have the liberty to handle the distribution of the planes. As for individual players who play without a squadron, the difficulty they face is challenging enough, the cm will not be needed. 

For most members of our squadron it is not very often.

We have the motivation to do both, with the preference for establishing air superiority.  After all we are a fighter squadron.

We like both assignments, we noticed that the ground attack assignments are slightly harder for the blue, red's 23mm and 20mm cannon can knock out most of the blue tanks, blue on the other hand lacks of the same armament to knock out red tanks (they do exists but options are limited).

We strongly dislike this system. A lot of people we know quit TAW due to the limitation system.

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?
We do it when it is needed. So it is hard to measure.

Its existence and the challenge it brings.

The map is bit boring, hopefully this will be alleviated by the releasing of the Normandy map. Blue side have way too much tiger tanks as well.

The realism and immersive experience.

Not enough player, and the limitation system.

Yes, we support it.

Edit: some small typos

Edited by ILS_MLDD
On 2/14/2021 at 4:50 PM, KOSMATIX said:

Hi!!
Not only "size matters", type of ammunition (armor piercing or high explosive) matters a lot to destroy or not a tank, in addition to the armor of each tank. And, of course, where you put all the hits (vulnerable parts or heavy armored).

This video explais it more precisely

Edited by E69_Falke_Wolf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, E69_Falke_Wolf said:

Hi!!
Not only "size matters", type of ammunition (armor piercing or high explosive) matters a lot to destroy or not a tank, in addition to the armor of each tank. And, of course, where you put all the hits (vulnerable parts or heavy armored).

This video explais it more precisely

This video was AMAZING, I learned so many things like

Tanks have a lot of armor, tanks have less armor on the side!, 50 cal does not kill a tank and you need to have AP shells NOT HE to kill tanks.

Thank you for the great info I will try this out next campaign!!

TAW feedback

72AG_Bzzzt

TAW gives you an opportunity to test your skills against strong pilots as well as allows to realize full potential of a squad.

72AG_TARANTUL

Mechanics of the war as well as server settings create great place for our squad to participate (both experienced and newbee pilots). I personally participate because the server is very atmospheric and this gives me a lot of fun and emotions.

72AG_Mirveis

I like the mechanics of the online war and that the gameplay on the server is very realistic.

72AG_Volga73

Mainly because there are not many other options.

72AG_Brat

This project allows to feel what it was like and participate in and fly on more or less large and interconnected missions and maps.

72AGs_Battler

• Realistic gameplay
  • Live statistics in real-time
  • Well thought through frontline movement 

72AG_Britva

Ability to participate in the war together with my comrades.

72AG_Bzzzt

I do like the idea of planesets. I would like the planeset to be as close to historical as possible with limitations on armament and modifications to make things close to historical: limited number of large caliber bombs, limitations on armament variants rarely used in real life.

72AG_TARANTUL

-  I am for the idea of unlocking planes with points, but the planeset should be as close 100% historical as possible.

72AG_Brat

-  I like the idea with planesets, but they should be historical.

72AGs_Battler

- There should be balance

- The planes garage should be common for the squad

72AG_Grizli

I am for historical planesets. If in the real life 1941 there were I-16 and MiGs vs Bf.109E and F2, then that should be the same in the game. There should not be Yak-1 69 series vs Bf.109F4 just for balance sake. The additional modifications however should not be limited but they should be more 'expensive'. If something is modeled in the game and it existed in reality – let it be there but let it be more expensive, more exclusive.

I'd prefer individual planesets vs squad ones since people in squads will themselves create subdivisions using the same type of planes, while squad planesets will force squads to create not one but many artificial, 'virtual' squads to have access to different planes, that is bad for statistics as it is not reflecting the real picture and inconvenient for pilots.

72AG_Britva

- I am for the planesets idea, but I'd prefer them to be historical

72AG_Bzzzt

There should be some work with done with large 'side-changing' squads/communities prior to upcoming campaigns. There should be something like TAW HQ where squads could coordinate what part should a squad fly with during the campaign.

72AG_TARANTUL 

- Breaks between campaigns should be minimal. Ideally there should be none.

72AG_Mirveis

Maybe the Eastern and Western campaigns should be made into one with a ban on side change as well as bonuses for the allies (but only the pilots who flew during Eastern part of the campaign) like access to better planes?

72AG_Volga73

- Beat up Ah.Petrovich a bit to teach him a lesson.

72AG_Brat

- I am not able to answer this, that's a difficult problem to solve.

72AGs_Battler

- Enable technochat and GPS

- Remove limits on planes and deaths

- Disable Gs effects 

- Make contacts visibility unlimited

Just joking!

72AG_Grizli

As I see it, that is not TAW's problem (the sides are more or less balanced in terms of planes and objects) but one of the game itself. The last patches that changed guns and damage model made it very difficult to fly with the red side and achieve kills. The changes of damage models of ground units are questionable and unclear, but this is valid for both sides.

Maybe for balance sake we need to create a thread on the forum before each campaign to ask squads to state the side they are going to choose, this way everybody can see the balance offsets and so choose the lesser side to correct this.

72AG_Britva

- I personally believe that it is very difficult to achieve for the TAW team alone. The developers should put their weight to attract more pilots, specifically give us more medium and heavy bombers.

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???

72AG_Bzzzt

That will undermine realism of the server

72AG_TARANTUL

- Bad idea that breaks the atmosphere and gameplay. Flight simulators are not cyber sport.

72AG_Mirveis

I think it would be wrong to do so

72AG_Volga73

- I don't know what exactly is the problem and that's why I'm against the proposed measures especially if we are just talking about 'doubts' that something is wrong.

72AG_Brat

Against this. This way we will soon fly the same planes.

72AGs_Battler

- Leave as it is.

72AG_Grizli

Contra. This route will lead us to flying the same planes and TAW will become a duel-server. The balance should be determined not by artificial measures but by the balance of the map (location of the airfields on a map) and asymmetrical but effective actions of the pilots. The pilots should think for themselves, not whine for identical triple-A!

72AG_Britva

- I am against this. Historical setting is way more important.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ?

72AG_Bzzzt

It seems to be an interesting idea.

72AG_TARANTUL

That's a good idea that goes along well with the whole TAW conception.

72AG_Mirveis

I think I'll like it.

72AG_Volga73

- We can try it. But then there should not be lopsidednesses and deficiencies in the points collection mechanism itself.

72AG_Brat

- I am for it, but the quantity of the points should be carefully tuned as it is very easy to create a situation where top planes are either accessible to easy or only to the very few.

72AGs_Battler

- Good idea. I am for motivation

72AG_Grizli

We have to give it a shot! In the old Il-2 I did not like servers with 'pilot rank connection', however the idea that the better you fly the better planes you get – I have nothing against it.

72AG_Britva

- Pro! The main issue is careful tuning of the conditions that will suit both aces and newbees. That's difficult however to please everybody.

72AG_Bzzzt

Never.

72AG_TARANTUL

Never.

72AG_Mirveis

Once maybe, but I believe this happens more often to the pilots who fly fighters.

72AG_Volga73

Can't think of it. Maybe it is because I don't fly often enough.

72AG_Brat

- Never happened to me.

72AGs_Battler

- Never. Supply to the help.

72AG_Grizli

I try to fly carefully. And I don't remember that I was forced to leave due to lack of planes (but I do not fly that often theses days). As for me current limits on lives and planes are adequate and good. They allow you to make a mistake but doesn't not allow carelessness and to 'overwhelm corpses throwing'

72AG_Britva

- Didn't happened to me. There is supply for this for example!

72AG_Bzzzt

In most of my missions I do attack ground targets.

72AG_TARANTUL

- 80% of the time I fly attack planes on the server

72AG_Mirveis

Ground attack missions are the only way for the frontline and win the war. Since I am an attack planes pilot that is my main goal.

72AG_Volga73

Most of my missions are escorts for attacking planes groups and they have a great motivation I believe.

72AG_Brat

I am a fighter and rarely attack ground targets.

72AGs_Battler

Almost all my missions are ground attack

72AG_Grizli

I have it. I like diverse missions and attacking or bombing ground targets are no less interesting than flying CAPs.

72AG_Britva

Of course I like ground attack missions due to my age and belly. ;)

72AG_Bzzzt

No. I think that it would be better to limit the influence of the results of a mission on the capture of key points for the side if it had an overwhelming numerical advantage in the particular mission.

72AG_TARANTUL

No. It is particularly bad when there are large sways in the number of pilots. The system is way too slow to react.

72AG_Mirveis

I believe it is albeit forced but the right decision.

72AG_Volga73

I don’t like it because it doesn’t work. The frontline is moved by the ‘night generals’ [The pilots flying during night lulls on the server when there are few to none opposing pilots]

72AG_Brat

The balancer does not work best since it allows the frontline to be moved without any opposition present.

72AGs_Battler

I don’t like it (the take-off que, closing of the frontline airfields)

P.S The frontline fields should not be closed. It is better to make a time-limit to the freedom of plane choice. For example to make only attack planes available.

72AG_Grizli

No. The limits imposed by the system often makes it quite difficult to form pairs, groups. I do however understand why it is there, since otherwise the side that is at the disadvantage will not be able to join and correct the imbalance.

72AG_Britva

The balance should be enforced but I do not like the current algorithm.

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?

72AG_Bzzzt

Rarely, but it happens.

72AG_TARANTUL

Periodically, when I want to get a better plane.

72AG_Mirveis

Very seldom. I more often fly transport planes to supply the disabled air fields.

72AG_Volga73

I don’t fly them at all. I am in general strongly against this kind of gameplay. There can be 84 pilots at max on the server and half of them can fly transports hiding in the bushes far behind the front lines. That’s not fun.

72AG_Brat

Sometimes.

72AGs_Battler

Mainly to redeem lost planes. 

72AG_Grizli

It’s a long time since a flew actively on the server. But on the last year I fly much less in general. If I am out of planes and I need to fly with my squad mates, then I have no problem flying transports to get the ‘war’ plane.

72AG_Britva

It happens. When I do not have a wingman or there is a lack of cover or when there is a need to support a critical airfield.

72AG_Bzzzt

2:45 mission duration and plenty of free slots on the server.

72AG_TARANTUL

The season itself

72AG_Mirveis

I don’t exactly get what ‘this season’ means. But if you mean the recent campaign on the western front, then the increased mission time and the addition of 3 maps.

72AG_Volga73

Don’t know, nothing specific.

72AG_Brat

I don’t like Western front

72AGs_Battler

Time of mission 2:45

AAA re-spawn

72AG_Grizli

I like that there was in fact a season! For me it was interesting to fly more not-so-familiar ‘late’ planes.

72AG_Britva

I cannot think of something that was new and good.

72AG_Bzzzt

TOO much free slots on the server. :) 

72AG_TARANTUL

The waiting for the campaign to start.

72AG_Mirveis

And again, if we are talking about the recent Western campaign, I don’t like the relative position of the airfields that causes the mission to be unnecessary long.

72AG_Volga73

Don’t know, nothing specific. 

72AG_Brat

I don’t like Western front

72AGs_Battler

Sides imbalance

72AG_Grizli

Very bad sides balance, it was very difficult to get the group together, many got 10 minutes bans, then 10 minutes again (or were waiting 20-30 minutes in the que) and then left.

72AG_Britva

The balancer algorithm

72AG_Bzzzt

Realisticity, the hardcore, the targets are great to work with large groups.

72AG_TARANTUL

TAW is the only server with real serious mechanics behind the front-line movements, statistics and plane garage.

72AG_Mirveis

I’ll just repeat my answer to the first question: the online-war system and high realism of the server’s gameplay.

72AG_Volga73

I wouldn’t call that a strong point, but the server is just simply very different from the rest. The aerial fighting picture on this server is different due to the value of pilot’s life and relatively high value of materiel (planes). While this can be good on the other hand the picture oten becomes too tedious and uneventful.

72AG_Brat

Participation in fighting together with my comrades against strong opposing groups in an environment that is close to the real-life war, and that there are exact specific goals to achieve for both teams.

72AGs_Battler

• TAW is for experienced skillful pilots
  • Disabled technochat and GPS

72AG_Grizli

Difficulty level (disabled technochat and GPS), the high value of life, interesting and varied targets, their remoteness, position, that the server is geared towards team-work.

Interesting and at the moment the best mechanics of the war. Yes, it can be hardly called ‘fresh’ when compared to the ‘old’ Il-2, but right now it is the best of what we have. It is interesting to fly with a squad.

72AG_Britva

Opportunity for team-work to shine and simultaneously presence of coordinated opposing team.

72AG_Bzzzt

The breaks between campaigns are too long. It would be better if they were limited to 2 weeks.

72AG_TARANTUL

It is very difficult to joing the server. Particularly for a large squad.

72AG_Mirveis

The breaks between campaigns are too long. During the year 2020 year there were only 2 full-scaled campaigns and one on Western front. The XXI campaign had ended on the 03. June 2020 and the next XXII campaign had begun only on the 10 Oct. 2020 and lasted for only 47 days. It would be great if the breaks between campaigns were no longer than 1-1.5 months as for many pilots in the game your server is the only interesting thing left.

72AG_Volga73

The breaks between campaigns are too long.

72AG_Brat

Campaigns irregularity and, at the end of the day, monotony, tediousness of them (but it is my subjective opinion that can be biased by the sheer time (decades) I’ve spent in flight sims)

72AGs_Battler

• Take-off que to imbalance
  • Closure of the front air-fields

72AG_Grizli

Players imbalance. But again, I believe it is not the server problem but rather one of the game or, in this particular case, of the current campaign.

72AG_Britva

Lack of regularity. And in general I would like to see a variant of a ‘full-war’ (1939-1945), I know that it is impossible at the moment, but still...

72AG_Bzzzt

I think that the way the option to disable technochat is realised in the game is not exactly the way it should be. I believe that there should be an indication of control axes positions, but there should not be indication of the gauges like compass for example. But it is not the server problem. And since technochat disablement will add to realism atmosphere I do like it.

72AG_TARANTUL

That’s something to consider.

72AG_Mirveis

More yes than no, however it will complicate much the interaction with certain systems like bomb armament for example.

72AG_Volga73

Yes.

72AG_Brat

Yes.

72AGs_Battler

That’s one of the TAW advantages.

72AG_Grizli

Yes without doubts!

72AG_Britva

Yes.

Translated by 72AG_Terror

• Like 3