How`s your opinions about the edition???
Still not absolutely happy with the edition. i appreciate some changes from the previous series like longer mission times.

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???
Online war system is most motivating feature for me

(Question mostly to ADW veterans who understand this system)
Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?
Yes

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 
Don't know

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???
Don't like it, use historical.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ?
Yes

How often you leave the server because you run out of planes ?
Once or twice per TAW season.

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?
Attacking ground targets move the lines, so I am motivated

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?

I don't like it when I am on side which is locked.

How often you fly transport  to receive +1CM ?

Usually when I loose my attacker/bomber.

What was good in this season?
Longer mission time, but still not enough

What was bad in this season?
As before - short mission time, absence of tanks, impossibility to attack towns, impossibility to attack any airfield.

Whats are the strongest points of this server ??
Implementation of dynamic war

What is the biggest problem of TAW campaigns ??? 
That airfields are being captured, not towns or factories. Absence of tanks and too short mission time

Do you like realistic settings without technochat ?
Yes.
On 2/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

Use quote option and try to answer shortly ( in points ie.) every question. 
We will check your profile in the TAW to verify how much flight hours and experience you have.

Direct attacks on LG team with imaginary accusations or dictated by lack of understanding problems connected with runing big il2 server will be just ignored.

Cheers!

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???
Used to be the dynamic war expierience where you never really knew what was coming. Thrilling dogfights against different groups with a mostly friendly competition. Thinking of 72AG, JG4, Hydra, TWB. Mostly before 2018

Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 
I don't know. I think people have to develop curiosity and get out of their comfort zone themselves. Some are a lost cause, some others not. If you need to violently supress your urge to shout ÄBSCHÜSS and HORRIDO after each kill its prolly to late. Who knows.

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???
I dont think that is a good idea, in the end flying a sim is also a matter of immersion. At least to some extent.

I think the CM system needs an overhaul and I always though that a Squadron point account would be good idea. That way players who have only time to fly a couple of times a week can use the squadrons account to get a better aircraft. That happens so often in ur squad. 3 permanent players take off in a P-51, or G-14 and a player who play for the first time in a campaign has to limp behind in a Spitfire/A-8. That would keep the squadrons together. There could be different price tags on different aicraft. But a good performing squadron would have plenty points.

Rarely. But I hate to do resupply missions, so i sometimes leave when my favourite plane is gone. That would mean I need to spend my free time with boring A to B flights. That's not how I imagined my evening.

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?
Sure, we do ground strikers. Occasionally. We are mainly a fighter squadron, but as soon as we reach a decent size in players we often have strike aircraft or bombers. We often do level bombing missions on airfields. 

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?
I dont like the locked frontline airfields. The feature often does not work like indented and too delayed. Again just think of the players who just have some free time in the evening to play, they join and have to fly 100km to see some action and have to fly 3 supply missions to get their favorite plane.

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?

I do that quite often. Mainly to get the best fighter available.

The plane-set has much improved on the first map. Haven't played much the second. But I think I liked the tougher airfields, so this "we just raid the airfields 24/7" meta was finally broken.

I think there has to be a mechanic to break those stalemates resulting from the tougher airfields. 

The dynamic environment within a campaign setting. There is a winner and there are incentives to stay alive.

That many players who can't afford to play dozens of hours on the server never really get the fully participate. Well they can but they have to show real enthusiasm. They have to get through the frustration to not be able to fly a certain plane, to spend a long time to get to the frontline and through the frustration that they rarely meet fighter combat. TAW "back in my days" felt like a true sand box. You could do this and that, and usually something unexpected happened. Today, or at least the last campaigns you roughly knew what going on. Both sides form large raids and go for airfields. 
That was usually enough to move the frontline forward in in the end there was not much happening in between.

In addition to that the forums to that the forums and individuals got pretty hostile against any other ideas or opinions, but that's another topic.

I dont need it to feel immersed. Really not. Its more like another point what drives off less regular players.

All this above is as always my opinion and I fully accept that the  target group of the server is fully up to you, the devs. 

It's just that if I have to make the decision what to do with my free time, and I can choose between 2 sorties on CB or two sorties on TAW, the answer is clear. I play CB because i know to see some action. I think TAW got unnessarsarily hardcore and when saying that out loud you get mocked and scoffed at. Ignoring that I used to play a lot. But the added lives, server kicks when you die, balance measures like the locked airfields all make the server just inaccessible.

But I would love to fly TAW, like I knew it. Working towards a common goal. Across different groups against other groups. Raising the scores. piling up air kills, shredding tanks, helping others.

Dunno maybe I am grumpy and played too much and its all still there. But it feels something was lost on the way. I used to check the map on mobile while I was traveling home. By now I start a campaign enthusiastically, but after a couple of maps and a lot of boredom (or the predicable raids) I just have enough.

Again I am not demanding or expecting that anything changes. It seems that players enjoy what they have. Even tho here is pleny of fighting. but when nothing changes TAW loses me as a player. But that's just me. -1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

How to invite more people to TAW?
I do not know.

What do you think about using the same AAA?
Worth a try.

Do you like collecting points for new, better planes?
 So

How often do you leave when planes run out?
 Extremely rare.

Do you have the motivation to attack earthly targets?
 So

Do you like the balancing system?
No.

How often do you fly by transport?
10%

What was good this season?
 Blue side communication

What was wrong this season?
 No limit on Tempest.

What are the strengths of this server?
 Realism

What is the biggest problem with using TAW ???
 The system of construction of attacks is unclear.

Do you like realistic settings?
Yes, super.

Edited by =FSG=FRITZ
Yes, both aspects should be taken in consideration. I would probably make it even more difficult to get higher level planes and easier to get the early planes (for example, 2 combat missions would be enough to get the first fighter but 5 be needed to get the top plane)

I feel a number of people login and are kicked out without even understanding why that happened. Auto registration might be an option (with a message before taking off informing the user that after take off he will be locked on this faction for the duration of the campaign). Or very clear messages (and enough time to read them) to let the user know where they should go to register, which planes they have available, etc.

Sounds like a terrible idea. We are aiming to be as realist as balance. It is not because of the ground objects differences that maps are being won or lost.

I like the current system where not all planes are available at start. It is the only server where we see i16, p40 and e7 being used. As I said before, it could be even harder to get the top planes (like we have with the 262, or based on AK streak for example) 

Never. I do supply missions and think long about what an idiot I am and why I deserved to get killed after such bad decision making.

Yes, I do have the motivation but all depends on the big picture. If I am fighting 5 against 20 I will be flying high on a fighter trying to disrupt enemies before they get to our targets. If I am on the bigger team I enjoy either big attacks on enemy targets, depots or airfields. I also like baiting AAs to help ground attackers.

I understand why it exists and what it is trying to solve, but it is a problem when the AFs are too far and there is only 30m of time left in the map. This problem was reduced with the longer maps.

When I screwed up on fighters and attackers and need to think about I am wasting my life.

Balanced teams and maps, very tough opponents, SRS starting to be used on an interesting scale.

The three maps were exact copies. I would prefer different parts of the map to be used with different AFs. I am also very eager to see early war birds on the Western TAW (specially when the Normandie map is available) with Spitfires, Hurricanes, P40s, e7s, f2s, f4s, etc.

I would really like to see the (playable) c47 to be performing the same duties as the ju52, allowing for more complex supply, paradrop missions, VIP transports, etc on both sides. 

It is the only server that really matters. All others are practice for TAW. The best planes, the toughest rules, the best fighters pilots, the most daring ground attackers and the most precise bombers. 

Chute killing as always. I understand that it is not possible to completely make it disappear, but it would be nice if the owners of this server would not actively promote something that is the number one cause of toxicity in this forum and the chat.

I would like more missions like saving pilots from unused airfields, dropping saboteurs, recon missions, more factories and depots as secondary targets, etc.

Yes I do, although I broke a few engines on account of that. It forced me to study the planes before using them, take notes and ask for help. All in all, it made me a better pilot than I was. Having said that, a few things (in particular the engine selection) should be visible.
  • Like 4

So if I may...

On 2/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

• Stereotype
  • empty server
  • Online dynamic war, realism, difficulty, hardcore...
  • Historical means also historical in numbers, so plane set would never be 100% historical, so yes, some balance is needed.
  • Squadrons hangar is good idea, individual hangar for those without squad or if they choose
  • Unlocking by points answered in separete question
How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time? 
  • I dont know, but on ETO red side is most of the time underdog (which is historicaly correct), on the WTO german side should be underdog and definitely is not. Encourage people flying worse planes by advantaged them, even cross side (blue/red)
  • No, balance it somehow else
  • No, it will open the scissors even more
  • Instead encourage people to fly worse plane by some kind of advantage (points, ranks, CMs, etc)

• Not often lately myself, but should not be more difficult, because many do...
  • Im fighter, barely climb over clouds, only if forced by other mates
  • Ground attack doesnt satisfy me, but i provide cover for attackers with pleasure
  • Again, flying behind enemy line or over hot areas, making dirty job should somehow be reflected in points, rankings, CMs, etc...
  • Yes

• 0 for last three TAWs, but doesnt mean it is easy to maintain hangar, should not be even more difficult.
  • Many 262 flying around untouchably in absolutelly unrealistic way, should be much more restricted
  • Also pain of all previos WTO TAWs
  • Do not understand me wrong, I want to see 262 in the sky, but that should be rarity as IRL, not certainty every second sortie like now
  • We have to have opportunity to shot them down like IRL during Land, Take Off, etc. With numbers on the server, we dont have that opportunity like IRL
  • Realism, Difficulty, HardCore
  • Less and less pilots flying TAW
  • Stereotype
  • Yes
Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
Squad line would limit smaller squads I don't like it. I think planes should be accesible but the workaround for the 262 was good enough.

People who only plays SP won't jump straight to TAW, it's a process take into account your server is not the friendliest because you want it hardcore.

It won't be realistic.

Like it.

None.

Yes I do, but we usually focus on a specific mission, usually ground ttack.

I like it but simply there are not enough people of the other team.

I try to do it as less as possible.

SRS is being used more and more.

Very similar maps.

Hardcore server with squads coordinated.

Forget about flying alone people are camping objectives.

Chute killing.

-300 for a capture / kill.

I like it a lot.

TAW Feedback

I like the historical set of planes.

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time?

I think everyone flew when they had free time. Nothing can be changed here.

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance???

Can be experienced in the next campaign.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes?

No objections.

Rarely.

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt?

More often I attack ground targets.

Not. This slows down the game.

Rarely.

Longer mission duration....take it to eastern front.

Restrictions on the Me-262. No restrictions on Tempest.

Whats are the strongest points of this server??

The value of virtual life.

Unequal conditions of captivity(captured)  for red and blue, balancing.

Do you like realistic settings without technochat?

Fine. You get used to it.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:42 AM, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

Seems to be the most challenging online campaign for BoX, mainly due to the settings, plane set restrictions, and that it attracts the more die hard participants (which is also why I don’t like it sometimes lol - it frustrates me if I get killed due to the skills of the enemy!). Also I like the web synchronization, so you can see stats real time as you land, etc, and the status of the map after each session.

Do you like the idea of historical 50%-balanced 50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?

Due to not having a more complete plane set available yet (like Il2/46 had), balance is important to counter those gaps.  If historically recent plane types/variants were not available to most squadrons, but divvied out progressively, it would be good if individual players had to earn points to get them.  But to encourage more participation, more of the lesser planes could be available in their inventory due to expected losses.

Not sure.  Keep reviewing the plane set.  If you can think of something that gives a little more incentive to the allies it might help.  Axis has paratroopers and can use them to capture two airfields per map.  Allies don’t have this.  Axis can fly the 262 (higher ranks, but IMHO it should be even higher, General?).  Allies don’t have anything like this.

Create more targets at various parts of the map to spread out the action even more.  IMHO it’s too predictable where the action is, causing choke point furballs.  Give individual pilots more opportunities to be successful, might bring in some lone wolfs.

Also, maybe give more warnings if chosen aircraft is not available before kicking.  More for new players... but TAW needs more players, so...

It affects immersion seeing the same AAA and other objects on both sides, so I would say no.

Yes, as mentioned above in the 50/50% question.

Rarely

I like both.  Depends on the server population and if I am able to team up.  Often due to my time zone, the server is not as populated.  If my side had decent numbers vs the enemy, I’ll do more A-G.  If not I’ll go A-A.

Yes - otherwise it is daunting to join a vastly outnumbered side, as it’s suicidal to try and venture far into enemy territory;  due to this, most would probably do A-A defensive flights or transport missions.

Not too often, as needed for another plane, or to help out the supply.

Don’t recall what was new.  But I like that you can earn lives back fractionally through CMs. Also like having defense positions for non targeted airfields (more targets=spread out action=more survivable for individual pilots)... can use more targets, something new?

Having P-47 as a fighter.  Should be just GA like the P-38 and have more spit or P51 instead.  Having 262 available at the current rank - should be elite as it was historically due to limited fuel/production - wasn’t available to any Hauptmann who wanted it.

Also, still seems like airfields are too easy to destroy, especially if one side has few players and can’t put up much of a defense.  That, and conversely, too slow to repair back to active status.  Then it becomes a game where one side tries to deny the other side the use of an airfield and thus longer flight times, which may cause some individuals to skip a flight session.

Web synch and dynamic updates and stats.  Difficult settings, and limited plane set, makes you focus a bit more.

Probably mainly balance.

Also that Axis has a few bonus items, such as paratroopers (and can capture two airfields per map), 262’s, bigger bombs (were they that available historically?  Maybe limit the number of planes that can carry the big bombs to just a few per map, so most have to use the moderately sized bombs).  These make it just a little more difficult for the Allies.

I’m good either way, although I must say it has forced me to look at the gauges/head down, which just increases the difficulty/challenges, and encourages head on a swivel :).

Edited by AKA_Relent
8 часов назад, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 сказал:

Yes, the red team had the fastest 262 and the paratroopers))

I was expecting a terrifying 262! How many were given 262 for the mission? Boldly voice this terrible figure.

It seems that  the presence of j52 and 262 does not like the red pilots and like the blue ones 🤠

Edited by JGr8_Leopard

I will speak on my own behalf and on behalf of the pilots of our squad, who share my opinion. Those who disagree with me on something will express themselves separately.

I took part in all TAW seasons, including the test. I really like this server, especially because it is constantly improving. I love to spend my time here. Thanks a lot to everyone who created and maintains this server. This edition especially liked the increased mission time.

First of all, the system of a long online war. The first few seasons I flew for the blue, then I decided to try to switch sides and ended up being accepted into the red squad. So the second thing that makes me fly on the server is my teammates. Next are realistic gameplay, realistic settings, emotions, statistics site updated by online.

Not. I am as it is now. All my planes are in my personal hangar. I think that thanks to this, we still see rare and not very popular aircraft in the air.

It seems to me that now we need to think about how not to lose those players who have remained and are sincerely interested in the server. The efforts made by the team to maintain interest in the server from each side deserve respect.

I don't like this idea. I understand the need for balancing, but this should not be done at the expense of historicity. It may be worth choosing a different path. If the red anti-aircraft guns are so bad that ground targets are left defenseless,
then for balance it is worth reducing the number of anti-aircraft guns on blue objects? Then each team will receive equally easy conditions for the destruction of ground targets. This will be fair. Although my personal opinion, if possible, anti-aircraft cover and gunners in planes should always be as dangerous as possible.
This forces you to work as a team to complete combat missions.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ?

Not. This will only make it difficult for weak pilots to access good aircraft. Nothing else will change.

Never. I never lost all my planes at once.

Since the victory of my team in the campaign is my main goal, I am constantly motivated to attack ground targets. I started my flights as a bomber and attack pilot. Only recently have I started trying to master fighters.

I think the balancing system is working almost perfectly now. It allows a smaller team to compete on the server with the outnumbered side.
I want to remind you that these restrictions did not appear immediately and had specific reasons.
For example, few people want to take off against an enemy who is several times superior to you.
Canceling the balance will cause the server to become empty. The smaller side will go first. And those who do not want to play without an opponent will leave after it.

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?

Rarely. Only when my lives became less than one, so as not to receive a penalty for 20 hours in the event of another death.

Mission duration is almost 3 hours. This decision made it possible to mitigate the imbalance of the night shift, when there are about 2 missions per night, and not almost 4.

The ability to close airfields only for 2 missions. As a result of the vote, it became clear that only half of the players liked the idea. I will repeat my thought that it might be worth compromising and choosing the average for 3-4 missions. It is neither fast nor infinitely long.

In my opinion, at the moment this is the best server in IL2 Great Battles. All other servers are training grounds for preparing for battles that unfold here.
The fact that the server periodically turns off for a while is also a plus. It's like the World Cup or the Champions League. A prestigious tournament in which it is difficult
but it is an honor to win.

As I mentioned, the biggest problem in my opinion is the imbalance in the number of players. Teams need to win through personal skill, good organization, smart tactics and the strengths of their technique, not just because they have more pilots. When 70 people win 1, it probably brings few people satisfaction. Can you be proud of such a victory?

Oh yeah. This forced me to study more closely the planes I fly, which at the same time raised my level as a virtual pilot. It is also realistic in the sense that pilots of aircraft with automatic systems have a certain advantage, as it was in real life.

And the last thing. I would like to ask you to come up with some other functionality for the U-2. This plane practically does not fly, unlike the Ju-52

• Upvote 1

All of this

Individual lines - great idea

Most of squads are already flying

-

+

Never

Most of time we attack GT 

+

Rarely

No idea

Only two campaign EF with a long period between 

Difficult and realism

Poor and boring GTs

Probably not

On 2/8/2021 at 3:42 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

We will check your profile in the TAW to verify how much flight hours and experience you have.

Direct attacks on LG team with imaginary accusations or dictated by lack of understanding problems connected with runing big il2 server will be just ignored.

Cheers!

-=Have in mind:=-
- there is limited number of ground units which we can use and keep stable server performance
- bugged in game objects ( like AAA, but we can replace it) or issues cant be fixed by us
- every script line has to be written so if we would like to change whole logic we would fly in next season in 2022

We accept current planeset. It's mostly realistic and balanced enough. Do not forget it's a game.

Good video trailers which will propoganding teamwork, moving frontline, big formations of airplanes and so on...

Negative. Soon we will have the same planeset for both of sides.

Point system will be very good.

Never

Win map, campaign, move forward frontline.

Yes we like limitations. But you need to think about situations 10 VS 1. In the ebvenings we did a lot of hardwork and during EU nights few pilots do the same very simple without opposition.

Rarely

Increasing mission time. Good cooperation with Squadron leaders via SRS. Balanced planeset. More loyal weather and daytime conditions to fly.

Outnumbered. Changing rules during the map, which were no chance to save finally. As a result campaign lost.

Dynamic frontline, squadron coordination (not all, but most of), high quality level most of pilots, different targets.

Mooving frontline while server almost empty and outnambered. (15 VS 3 or 45 vs 14)

YES YES YES!!!

Suggestions from KK team:

1. Do not show tank icon on the map, do this like truck convoys and expand searching area.
2. To start pilot life from the beggining after death or capture. No medals, no added planes, no experiance points.

3. Protect server from double accounts by ip. And add this point to the rules.
4. Create system to add points for CAP, who protecting bombers during the combat missions. It was available on DED server on one of the wars. Bomber added CAP using chat for the mission.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Exactly....Biggest broblem is: That I dont have to search anything.!!!...every target is pinpointed on map... Just take off and fly as fast as u can to target....Its too easy. Everything is exactly same place as it was 3 years ago....factories....its way too easy...

....next round Im eager to wait which kind kind of weather is over illinskoje factory....Because in first map Im going there sitting inside heinkel (I dont have Ju-88 yet)...I know exactly where Im going ...I dont need map for that....I know where Im starting...Its very exiting if there is too much cloud over target or....warm...because He needs more time to gain 4K....Which target....maybe number 1 area...or 2 ...Is it exiting....? No.....

....now...we get hard in this mission...wind angle...ok...corrected....hmmm...is there mincer, kosmatix or Lawyer waiting ...

western front was kind of hard....I have to attack from east to west...so I always search enemy wrong side of cockpit....maybe 87 th mission was comfortable....now we get familiar again....attack east ...go home west.....

I wanted to add about the balance system. The last few campaigns were very intense and the teams fought for victory until the very last mission. Previously, there were campaigns where after a few maps it was clear which side was dominant and what it would win and the other hand was lost interest in the struggle for the victory.

This edition of limitations system suggests that the mechanics of the server are quite well established. The forces of the parties are balanced and team work, personal skill and knowledge of their aircraft come to the fore

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
22 hours ago, =KK=Des_ said:

That's wrong position! You also have supply missions, and level bombing. Other way you just taking free slots and don't do anything usefull!

Killing aircrafts is what I like doing, if I have an evening to play, flying a 40 minute resupply mission isn't exactly the best experience.

Just now, PhoenixLights97 said:

Killing aircrafts is what I like doing, if I have an evening to play, flying a 40 minute resupply mission isn't exactly the best experience.

There are many other servers where you can spend 20 fights in 40 minutes

• Like 1
22 hours ago, =KK=Des_ said:

WRONG! Only full real! Don't do the arcade from sims pleaaaase!

I mean I get it you want the most hardcore experience. Thing is its a balance between having enough players vs hardcore experience. You have an extremely impressive 116 hour flight time this campaign but don't think everyone is like you. There has been less players since the technochat removal and the Finnish server booming of players.

1 hour ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I wanted to add about the balance system. The last few campaigns were very intense and the teams fought for victory until the very last mission. Previously, there were campaigns where after a few maps it was clear which side was dominant and what it would win and the other hand was lost interest in the struggle for the victory.

This edition of limitations system suggests that the mechanics of the server are quite well established. The forces of the parties are balanced and team work, personal skill and knowledge of their aircraft come to the fore

But at the begining of the 3d map i told my mates that it will be draw again by tanks, like in a second! That's why 3d map was boring for us and for most of all. There were not full server all the time like on previous maps!

32 minutes ago, =KK=Des_ said:

But at the begining of the 3d map i told my mates that it will be draw again by tanks, like in a second! That's why 3d map was boring for us and for most of all. There were not full server all the time like on previous maps!

The destruction of tanks was the only chance of victory in the campaign for the red team and we decided to focus all our efforts on this task. After the replenishment of resources, the blue ones had 346 tanks, while the red ones only had 161. The Reds were almost pressed to the edge of the map, our rear depots were very close to the front line and the Blues still had the opportunity to conduct 2 paratroops operations. It was very difficult for us to get a draw in such conditions. This required a high level of organization for the red team and the search for tactical solutions in order to contain the blue until the tanks were destroyed. The Reds managed to cope with this task, they got a well-deserved victory. It seems to me that everything is fair here.

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Like 4

Yes, it was our game plan, to play strategic defense. It was very obvious for was that it was going to be impossible to win the last two maps. We had very a unfavorable plane set, german tank columns that were difficult to kill because of totally unrealistic and unreasonable percentage of Tiger tanks (really, WTF was that?). Plus our opponents looked very motivated for a revenge, while other allied squads became very passive, likely due to the shifting balance of planes. So the only thing we could do was to "park a bus" at the front line and play for draw by draining tanks, which was very, very difficult to do.

tigers.png

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, =KK=Des_ said:

Suggestions from KK team:

1. Do not show tank icon on the map, do this like truck convoys and expand searching area.
2. To start pilot life from the beggining after death or capture. No medals, no added planes, no experiance points.

4. Create system to add points for CAP, who protecting bombers during the combat missions. It was available on DED server on one of the wars. Bomber added CAP using chat for the mission.

Some very good ideas. Other... i´m not sure.

Great, but since maps are quite large, maybe should be some indications of where to search, before going crazy.

2. To start pilot life from the beggining after death or capture. No medals, no added planes, no experiance points

Not sure of the consequences of this. Maybe if after achieving high rank and a lot of experience, you die for whatever reason and lose EVERYTHING, then you lose the motivation to keep flying properly and suicide missions may increase. I think the current system is well balanced between the death penalty and keeping some points, in my opinion.

Sure. Great.

Absolutely great. In fact, I think I remember that something similar could be done on the old Il-2 1946. That can boost motivation for escort missions and level bombing missions as well.

And I would add, as somebody have said before, that the messages to kick someone from the server should be clearer. Sometimes I have seen pilots kicked off without really understanding why.

don't care that much

maybe multiply the points  for the smaller side by the difference like its done with virtual life loss - thats for balancing - getting more reds no idea 

do it

yes, also limit planes by type for the whole map like 200 Pe2 out of 750 total planes, same with unlocks

now almost never

points 😄, high alt def is most boring I fly mostly alone so this is no go for me

dont care

if out of planes

have not played that much

as above have not played that much but it was boring for me
general feedback about things I dont like: predictable trgt position, maybe remove map markers and hide all targets like the ones you should recon before attack, static grnd targets , scoreboard shoud be disabled in game if possible also the one on the website <-you should not know who is playing and what is their score coz u can figure what they are doing and act upon that

best oposition, adreanline rush when you finally find good action 😄

long breaks, hit and run tactics preventing good fun 😄

yes
1 hour ago, =KK=Des_ said:

Cry Cry Cry again!
When we fly each side - never cry!

Didn't read forum for a year and wouldn't do this again same time.

Good luck whiners :)))

Whining after a victory is not whining, it is critical analysis 🤓

Edited by mincer
  • Upvote 1
On 2/8/2021 at 3:42 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

Cheers!

-=Have in mind:=-
- there is limited number of ground units which we can use and keep stable server performance
- bugged in game objects ( like AAA, but we can replace it) or issues cant be fixed by us
- every script line has to be written so if we would like to change whole logic we would fly in next season in 2022

TAW is a nice successor of ADW, the most competitive project with the strongest participants. Planes number limitation increases pilot's life cost. Everyone wants to live that makes game realistic.
I support balance adjustments only if it doesn't go against historical plane appearence. For instance Bf-109F4 in early 1942 can't be balanced by Yak-1b/7b in the same period, since these Yaks were appeared later.
Individual lines are better since people like to have personal choice.
Only planeset balance, majority enjoys to win, and nobody likes to be flying target. + Talking to squads before each campaign.
Disagree, historical identity makes game more athmosferic, it's better to find a balance in USSR-Axis AAA and their different numbers for sides.
Yes
Never
It's boring to fly in space, can't understand these players.

It's terrible. Such limitation have to be much much more soft.

Never

Bf-109K4, not often I fly on this plane. 
Balancing limitation system
Realistic atmosphere
Balancing limitation system
No,the idea is good, but NO since pilots don't have realistic access to the plane's instruments, for instance it's terrible to use instrument panel on i-16. The same story with different control knobs, pilots can't feel it which normal if you fly on the plane regularly.

Talking about team tactic is just pointless.

3 airbases close to each other helped to not being crushed, kill the tanks easily with flight distance of few kilometers only, no challenge at all.
End of the story.

And do not missundertand my opinion.

I respect the effort of some players( even some of them will be banned in future campaigns for their atitude/stupidity). 

I`m just talking about straight facts.

Overall score of the campaign needs to be remodeled.  For both sides.

Capturing more than half of the map and draw because one of the sides run out of the tanks ???

Bullsh#it.

Arcade victory acording to the rules.

Yes. Red side won according to the rules.

Everyone else know how map was looking. How 1st map ended and why, how 2nd etc.

But I dont even discuss who won, how, etc. in this campaign because this is the least important thing.

Next season, changes, improving.

Thank you once again for all the comments, yesterday I had limit for post reaction, but I read and apreciate them all.

Later I ll take most repeatable issues and we will do voting.

Yes.

Democratic voting because all of you can see now how many opinions you have and it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone how some of you expect.

Then we will know what COMMUNITY ( not individuals) want in the TAW.

Later Kathon will decide what can be done in short amount of time to start another campaign as quick as possible.

If you dont agree with the democratic voting, voice of majority go play single with AI or fly at different server. Free will for everyone.

Also, dont bother if something was already solved

In example
10 guys write about AAA that it is ok, but then 1 later come to forum and try to force us for changing something...

Voting was done, majority decided, but someone is coming and starting discussion again...

Read, understand, respect other opinion.

But if someone will be stubborn (or stupid) enough to call names, start flame wars at forum or game chat we will remove them from the campaign.

Read this twice.

And you can call me however You want.

I will not allow to disrespect and destroy hard work of my friend Kathon & all of my friends from LG who built this project from the scratch. 

Edited by =LG=Blakhart
  • Upvote 5

Please do not devalue the effort of the players that fought for the victory of their side. It is a very attractive feature of the server, without team work towards the victory it is just pointless dogfight for streaks etc. The current rules are fine, no need to change them. The reason Axis could not win in 2nd 3rd maps is because they failed to consequentially destroy strategic targets while they had all the opportunities to do so. If you fail to organize and effectively destroy targets, no need to blame the rules.

• Upvote 11
2 hours ago, mincer said:

Please do not devalue the effort of the players that fought for the victory of their side. It is a very attractive feature of the server, without team work towards the victory it is just pointless dogfight for streaks etc. The current rules are fine, no need to change them. The reason Axis could not win in 2nd 3rd maps is because they failed to consequentially destroy strategic targets while they had all the opportunities to do so. If you fail to organize and effectively destroy targets, no need to blame the rules.

I respect the effort. Read my post caerfuly.

p.s.1

When you won because you had 3 airbases in close contact no need to think you have tactic, bigger plan or you as a team achieved something. You and your friends flew with sacrifice but 10 players is not wining the war. 

Just enjoy the "victory" :)

p.s.3

I will fly red next map ( and blue and red and blue and so on...)  so I dont have ANY private business in being biased about ANY side and LG duty is to put as much sense as possible in the logic, rules, etc. for wasting your real precious life and time in the game.

In other way we will loose players who will no longer see any bigger sense in flying for the victory if the victory is based on arcade exploits far,far away from realistic conditions.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart
  • Like 1

Of course we did not win alone, we thank all our allies who fought on Allied side and made a significant contribution towards this result. But from my point of view, it is important to accept a loss with dignity instead of blaming the rules. Just for the sake of civility that is missing in this thread so much.

• Upvote 4
28 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

When you won because you had 3 airbases in close contact no need to think you have tactic

The Reds only played by the rules that were invented not by them, but by the creators of the server. And the fields on the map were also placed by non-players. And the Reds won precisely because they had a tactic of how to achieve victory.

There are no tactics for those who try to win only at the expense of a large number.

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
07.02.2021 в 17:33, =LG=Blakhart сказал:

Good cooperation and sacrifice is wining even they have better planes and technical advantage ;)

Winining another map is just a matter of time :)

now it looks funny! :drinks:

Edited by =U2=Alman
1 hour ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

In other way we will loose players who will no longer see any bigger sense in flying for the victory if the victory is based on arcade exploits far,far away from realistic conditions

Remember why there were these rules (which are many years old) and the balancing system? If it is broken, then there is a risk of losing players who will not see the point of taking off against a significant number of opponents without being able to win. You yourself wrote that you treat this as an esports game. And in sports, equal teams play in equal conditions (although they may have different equipment). The winner is the team that best interacts as a team. This season, the blue team had an advantage, but failed to realize it. The Reds were more organized, motivated, and purposeful. I saw how you called your opponents weak, not able to conduct air combat, not knowing the strengths of their aircraft. These are fair comments. But if you are not able to assess the situation by looking at the map, do not see the advantages of your location and vulnerabilities, then this is the same, this is also a weakness, only of a different kind. The server is called Tactical Air War, and that's what makes it attractive. I will repeat what I wrote earlier. Right now, the server is very well balanced. This is confirmed by the intense struggle and a large number of draws, often everything was decided at the very last moment. If the blue team is not able to win in equal conditions, then perhaps it is worth giving the blue pilots a chance and adjusting the rules that have worked for many years and that are already well studied. I think we are all interested in an interesting game against a strong opponent, a victory over which brings satisfaction.

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Like 3
TAW Feedback
Spoiler

I personally always prefer 100% historical planeset.

In my opinion, adding ground combat (Tank Crew) would attract new players.

I personally prefer realism to balance.

I like it.

Never.

Yes, battles are won on land.

I like it.

I fly transport to supply airports, rarely to get CM.

Unfortunately I have flown for a short time this edition, but the increase in time per mission is a great improvement.

No opinion.

Realism and difficulty.

unbalance of number of players in certain hours.

I like it a lot.

Edited by E69_Cachash
  • Upvote 1

You should add the question: How to bring back chimango to the campaign?

What I dislike about TAW is how hard it is to kill the targets. At the end everything is made to make low attacks and going one by one. The gameplay turns in to quite repetitive and there are not a lot of ways on having some impact on the campaing than making allways the same. Is not funny to bomb with a 111 to see everything burning on the target and get one or zero objects.

I think there are just to ways of flying taw. Going for stats or going to win. The middle points are way more boring and frustrating to play

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5