Tactical Air War

=LG=Kathon

=VARP=Ribbon
2 hours ago, =L/R=Rafcio said:

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=26578&name==VARP=Ribbon

This sortie?

You damaged your plane above 50 %, and you must wait until your ground crew fix it. Very simple. 

What planeset would be good for you. Bf 109 E7 vs. P-51D? Ju-87 vs. Spitfire mk.IX?

If you say that LW planes are better, just fly on blue side.

Without exaggeration. Only a few for the entire map. There are restrictions on their use. Read the manual.

And don't worry, it's normal on a TAW. This server triggers states like yours now. That's what it is for. 😉

My engine over cooled, not being damaged by enemy, and i landed it, why lost it...stupid...but ok!

Regarding planeset, maybe something more capable than peeshooter p51 and useless p47.

Why equivalent fighter for axis isn't 190a8, or why then allies don't get 2 Spits instead brick p47 with 50cals.....

Just look at the stats and it will be quite clear to you.

And no need to be elitist, i've flown taw before and more hardcore MP campaigns than taw.

But i admit it triggers frustration either having to endless chase cowardly 109s to their af if meet on equal terms or getting killed by campers on spawn points in brick p47 by 262s.

But nevermind i thought i've deleted my post trying to evade useless discussion with Lufties......

Bye!

Edited by =VARP=Ribbon
  • Haha 2

JG77_Ammi
5 hours ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Regarding planeset, maybe something more capable than peeshooter p51 and useless p47.

i flew for the blue side for years and now i'm flying for the red side. and yeah the blue planes are some real beasts. but no plane is useless. the p51, i rly like her, is no peeshooter. hitting something with all 6 cal .50 on convergence is devastating and most attacks are first pass kills. to be successfull with a specific plane you have to know your plane and the enemy plane, and fly in a style thats suits the plane.
this is not meant personally for you, its a problem that has existed in the flight community since flight simulations are a thing.

↓↓↓SOME THEORY STUFF !!!ATTENTION!!! skip this part of the post if you don't want to change anything about your flying↓↓↓

“My plane can’t climb worth a damn!”
So, don’t engage in climbing contests! Do all of your climbing well before entering hostile
skies, and disengage when the bad guys threaten to get on top. Think “discipline!”.

“The enemy keeps winning the turning fights!”
So, don’t turn with them! Engage only in such fights as you feel comfortable in, e.g. close
unseen from behind or dive in unseen from above. Set up drag-and-bag traps with a buddy
or three. Avoid all else. Think “discipline!”

“We are always outnumbered!”
So, fight only on YOUR terms! There is always a rear field to launch from. Instead of
spending your online time as a bona fide target drone at the forward fields, always with
enemy on top, invest a few minutes in securing an altitude advantage from a rear field. Then
you are ready to rule. Make single attacks, don’t bog down in wrestling individual enemy and
disengage the moment you sense your energy advantage is about to be compromised. Or
better still, collect some 4-8 pilots and work like a team against the solo or gaggle tactics of
the enemy. Think “discipline!”

“All they do is run!”
So, let them! If you can’t catch them, why even try? If the bandit is running away it clearly
means that he isn’t a threat. At the most, a running bandit is a lure or a ruse. If you can get
the bandit to run you’ve won the engagement since you’re in possession of the field. On the
other hand, the bandit may call it a draw as he is still alive, and he may be planning a comeback
on better terms. In any case, if the bandit is running scared, you can get him to turn
back for another go by showing him contempt and/or disinterest.
And if he’s running home to repair or rearm, well, then you have the opportunity to own his
sky so as to kill him all the more effectively next time you happen to meet him. In other
words, follow him to his lair and stake him out as he replanes.

“Scumbag nitwits keep crashing into me!”
Since beginner pilots usually fly “pipper-on-enemy” only until they learn the concept of
separation, ramming is an occupational hazard. Pitch two beginners against each other and
they’re highly likely to die in a head-on collision (flying straight at your enemy usually results
in collisions you know), whereas two intermediate or accomplished pilots are far less likely to
collide – because they fly to avoid the collision rather than fly to collide. It really isn’t that hard:
simply point beside your enemy in a head-on approach and you will not collide. The novice
retorts with “but then he gets a free shot!”, to which I say: use the Vertical Luke, i.e. pitch up or
down out of his plane of manoeuvre in order to complicate the shot beyond his capability.
Up close and personal, if you’re feeling the collision coming up, slide out with a stomp of the
rudder or relax stick pressure to slide below and behind your enemy.

"What do you do when the enemy is faster and the only thing you have is an advantage in roll rate?"
Speed is of course the decisive advantage – he who has an overhead of speed can run down
the slower enemy and disengage from any fight that threatens to go sour. Thus, the slower
fighter needs to secure an energy advantage by storing up on potential speed known as…
altitude. However, before long you’re highly likely to get into the situation where the enemy
is co-E or better thus forcing you to fight on his terms. He who has speed normally has the
climb and dive advantage as well, although there are exceptions to the rule. Anyhow, here
you are, fighting a faster bandit with nothing but your wits and your roll rate – how do you
do it? Your roll rate is of decisive importance inasmuch it allows you to change direction
swiftly and thus create or increase separation which the enemy cannot immediately follow or
make up for. In short, every time he commits to an attack, you have the opportunity to roll
and pull outside his performance envelope. Thus you evade his every pass, flying outside his
“cone of opportunity”. Every time he misses, he must set up anew by turning around and 27
that he cannot do without a certain separation (distance) as that would put him unhealthily
close to your guns. While he turns around you move out again, towards home, friends and
AA guns. If you’re feeling somewhat more combative, you can easily set him up for a rolling
scissor as he comes boring in on you, and polish him off once and for all.
For it is highly likely, given his speed advantage, that he has a poor turn performance and is
likely to stall out if he handles his crate with abandon.

"The enemy is faster AND rolls better – all I have is a slight advantage in the turn?"
Now you’re doubly disadvantaged. The enemy is faster and rolls better, giving him the
opportunity to follow your every move and produce excellent guns solutions in due time.
You’re flying a crate that can turn well, and that’s it, so how do you prevail? Well, the enemy
will want to fight in long, fast, straight moves with as little turning as possible, whereas you
will want to slow down the fight and turn as much as possible. In order to survive and
prevail you must fight on your terms only, and you must avoid a pure rolling contest too.
That said, your enemy’s performance is likely to suffer markedly if you can bring him down
to a slow speed, allowing you to work with rolling scissors despite your slight roll
disadvantage – for the rolling scissor isn’t as dependent on massive aileron use as it is on
judicious use of elevators to manage vertical separation. In the rolling scissor, you use your
roll to corkscrew around your enemy, not to roll completely away as in the flat scissor. So
then, bring him down to a slow fight by flying close to him and by cutting across the circle
he makes in an effort to reverse on you. He will try to increase separation so as to turn
completely around on you before closing again, if you can deny him that separation he will
eventually slow down to fight on your terms or disengage altogether in frustration. The
critical part of the fight is when he manages that important separation and comes at you –
you will have to feed him angles on his approach and use the rolling scissor against him, for
that is the only thing short of a bare-knuckle knife fight that will save you.

"What do you do if you are thrice disadvantaged?"
You cannot run. You cannot roll your way out of Dodge. And you cannot outturn your
assailant. The only thing you have going for you is a slightly more levelled field in the slow
fight, as your disadvantages aren’t quite as marked then. Your choices are extremely limited:
other than knocking down a couple of stiff ones in the airdrome bar, you must fly well above
anything remotely hostile and only engage if you can do so with the prospect of killing your
target in one blow or of destroying your enemy’s SA and energy in that single attack. You
may also want to seriously consider bringing along a fistful of friends so that you can set up
drag&bag traps for the unwary. In the co-energy or worse scenario, which is bound to occur
since you went up alone to brave the odds, your only alternative is to roll your way home
while making yourself as unpredictable a target as possible. If you’re really good you may get
a few snapshots in such a rolling scissor disengagement fight, but don’t bank on it. If you do
elect to fly and fight (maybe you don’t have a choice!) you should attempt to find the enemy
where he’s low and slow: at or near his base, on climbout stretches, while returning with
battle damage etc. Jump on him then, hack him down and make yourself scarce right quick!
Nothing hones skill as well as fighting in a completely disadvantaged aircraft – try it, and you
might just get to like it. If nothing else, your kills, when you get them, will be all the sweeter.
Some of the best (virtual) pilots I’ve known deliberately flew the crappiest aircraft.

"We can’t support our troops because the enemy is too numerous and have better aircraft than we do."
If I had had a dime for every time I’ve heard this I’d be a rich man today. It is inevitably so
(in a game) that one side will outnumber the other, one side will have a better performing
inventory, one side will have the better pilots and one side will enjoy all the benefits of
superior morale. What’s worse, depending on your allegiance of course, is that these factors
are self-reinforcing: good inventory = more pilots = more success = better morale = more
flight time = better pilots und so weiter. Griping and yammering isn’t going to change that.
If you’re left holding the wrong end of the stick you had better do something about it, right
quick. The first thing to realise in this situation is that you cannot expect to succeed in any
venture at any time under any circumstance. Strike that thought from your mind. You can
only succeed in such situations as your proficiency and circumstances allow, and with the
above-mentioned set of disadvantages ranged against you those situations are few indeed.
Tough luck, but there it is.

Thx for everyone reading up to this point. 🍪 here have a cookie and good luck in your next flight :)

Edited by No.77_Ammi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

=TH=mincer
8 hours ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Check out Tempest. Should be fine as long as you fly in a straight line (otherwise the wings may fall off).

=VARP=Tvrdi

Problem is, once you loose spit and p51 your left with p47...our p47 not the real one. And on the opposite side is g14. Also there are alot of 262s....no compensation for that. Temoest isnt a match and we rarely can fly it. Then theres a fact TAW was always LW playground, LW oriented server where LW only squads, naturaly dominate. Lw squads admins. Btw whats up with flying only one side in a freaking game. Thats absurd, always was. Playing the game not for challenge and fun but for stats. Plain wrong. Im telling this since death of SEOW and old IL2.

my 5 cents

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi

=VARP=Ribbon
2 hours ago, No.77_Ammi said:

i flew for the blue side for years and now i'm flying for the red side. and yeah the blue planes are some real beasts. but no plane is useless. the p51, i rly like her, is no peeshooter. hitting something with all 6 cal .50 on convergence is devastating and most attacks are first pass kills. to be successfull with a specific plane you have to know your plane and the enemy plane, and fly in a style thats suits the plane.
this is not meant personally for you, its a problem that has existed in the flight community since flight simulations are a thing.

↓↓↓SOME THEORY STUFF !!!ATTENTION!!! skip this part of the post if you don't want to change anything about your flying↓↓↓

“My plane can’t climb worth a damn!”
So, don’t engage in climbing contests! Do all of your climbing well before entering hostile
skies, and disengage when the bad guys threaten to get on top. Think “discipline!”.

“The enemy keeps winning the turning fights!”
So, don’t turn with them! Engage only in such fights as you feel comfortable in, e.g. close
unseen from behind or dive in unseen from above. Set up drag-and-bag traps with a buddy
or three. Avoid all else. Think “discipline!”

“We are always outnumbered!”
So, fight only on YOUR terms! There is always a rear field to launch from. Instead of
spending your online time as a bona fide target drone at the forward fields, always with
enemy on top, invest a few minutes in securing an altitude advantage from a rear field. Then
you are ready to rule. Make single attacks, don’t bog down in wrestling individual enemy and
disengage the moment you sense your energy advantage is about to be compromised. Or
better still, collect some 4-8 pilots and work like a team against the solo or gaggle tactics of
the enemy. Think “discipline!”

“All they do is run!”
So, let them! If you can’t catch them, why even try? If the bandit is running away it clearly
means that he isn’t a threat. At the most, a running bandit is a lure or a ruse. If you can get
the bandit to run you’ve won the engagement since you’re in possession of the field. On the
other hand, the bandit may call it a draw as he is still alive, and he may be planning a comeback
on better terms. In any case, if the bandit is running scared, you can get him to turn
back for another go by showing him contempt and/or disinterest.
And if he’s running home to repair or rearm, well, then you have the opportunity to own his
sky so as to kill him all the more effectively next time you happen to meet him. In other
words, follow him to his lair and stake him out as he replanes.

“Scumbag nitwits keep crashing into me!”
Since beginner pilots usually fly “pipper-on-enemy” only until they learn the concept of
separation, ramming is an occupational hazard. Pitch two beginners against each other and
they’re highly likely to die in a head-on collision (flying straight at your enemy usually results
in collisions you know), whereas two intermediate or accomplished pilots are far less likely to
collide – because they fly to avoid the collision rather than fly to collide. It really isn’t that hard:
simply point beside your enemy in a head-on approach and you will not collide. The novice
retorts with “but then he gets a free shot!”, to which I say: use the Vertical Luke, i.e. pitch up or
down out of his plane of manoeuvre in order to complicate the shot beyond his capability.
Up close and personal, if you’re feeling the collision coming up, slide out with a stomp of the
rudder or relax stick pressure to slide below and behind your enemy.

"What do you do when the enemy is faster and the only thing you have is an advantage in roll rate?"
Speed is of course the decisive advantage – he who has an overhead of speed can run down
the slower enemy and disengage from any fight that threatens to go sour. Thus, the slower
fighter needs to secure an energy advantage by storing up on potential speed known as…
altitude. However, before long you’re highly likely to get into the situation where the enemy
is co-E or better thus forcing you to fight on his terms. He who has speed normally has the
climb and dive advantage as well, although there are exceptions to the rule. Anyhow, here
you are, fighting a faster bandit with nothing but your wits and your roll rate – how do you
do it? Your roll rate is of decisive importance inasmuch it allows you to change direction
swiftly and thus create or increase separation which the enemy cannot immediately follow or
make up for. In short, every time he commits to an attack, you have the opportunity to roll
and pull outside his performance envelope. Thus you evade his every pass, flying outside his
“cone of opportunity”. Every time he misses, he must set up anew by turning around and 27
that he cannot do without a certain separation (distance) as that would put him unhealthily
close to your guns. While he turns around you move out again, towards home, friends and
AA guns. If you’re feeling somewhat more combative, you can easily set him up for a rolling
scissor as he comes boring in on you, and polish him off once and for all.
For it is highly likely, given his speed advantage, that he has a poor turn performance and is
likely to stall out if he handles his crate with abandon.

"The enemy is faster AND rolls better – all I have is a slight advantage in the turn?"
Now you’re doubly disadvantaged. The enemy is faster and rolls better, giving him the
opportunity to follow your every move and produce excellent guns solutions in due time.
You’re flying a crate that can turn well, and that’s it, so how do you prevail? Well, the enemy
will want to fight in long, fast, straight moves with as little turning as possible, whereas you
will want to slow down the fight and turn as much as possible. In order to survive and
prevail you must fight on your terms only, and you must avoid a pure rolling contest too.
That said, your enemy’s performance is likely to suffer markedly if you can bring him down
to a slow speed, allowing you to work with rolling scissors despite your slight roll
disadvantage – for the rolling scissor isn’t as dependent on massive aileron use as it is on
judicious use of elevators to manage vertical separation. In the rolling scissor, you use your
roll to corkscrew around your enemy, not to roll completely away as in the flat scissor. So
then, bring him down to a slow fight by flying close to him and by cutting across the circle
he makes in an effort to reverse on you. He will try to increase separation so as to turn
completely around on you before closing again, if you can deny him that separation he will
eventually slow down to fight on your terms or disengage altogether in frustration. The
critical part of the fight is when he manages that important separation and comes at you –
you will have to feed him angles on his approach and use the rolling scissor against him, for
that is the only thing short of a bare-knuckle knife fight that will save you.

"What do you do if you are thrice disadvantaged?"
You cannot run. You cannot roll your way out of Dodge. And you cannot outturn your
assailant. The only thing you have going for you is a slightly more levelled field in the slow
fight, as your disadvantages aren’t quite as marked then. Your choices are extremely limited:
other than knocking down a couple of stiff ones in the airdrome bar, you must fly well above
anything remotely hostile and only engage if you can do so with the prospect of killing your
target in one blow or of destroying your enemy’s SA and energy in that single attack. You
may also want to seriously consider bringing along a fistful of friends so that you can set up
drag&bag traps for the unwary. In the co-energy or worse scenario, which is bound to occur
since you went up alone to brave the odds, your only alternative is to roll your way home
while making yourself as unpredictable a target as possible. If you’re really good you may get
a few snapshots in such a rolling scissor disengagement fight, but don’t bank on it. If you do
elect to fly and fight (maybe you don’t have a choice!) you should attempt to find the enemy
where he’s low and slow: at or near his base, on climbout stretches, while returning with
battle damage etc. Jump on him then, hack him down and make yourself scarce right quick!
Nothing hones skill as well as fighting in a completely disadvantaged aircraft – try it, and you
might just get to like it. If nothing else, your kills, when you get them, will be all the sweeter.
Some of the best (virtual) pilots I’ve known deliberately flew the crappiest aircraft.

"We can’t support our troops because the enemy is too numerous and have better aircraft than we do."
If I had had a dime for every time I’ve heard this I’d be a rich man today. It is inevitably so
(in a game) that one side will outnumber the other, one side will have a better performing
inventory, one side will have the better pilots and one side will enjoy all the benefits of
superior morale. What’s worse, depending on your allegiance of course, is that these factors
are self-reinforcing: good inventory = more pilots = more success = better morale = more
flight time = better pilots und so weiter. Griping and yammering isn’t going to change that.
If you’re left holding the wrong end of the stick you had better do something about it, right
quick. The first thing to realise in this situation is that you cannot expect to succeed in any
venture at any time under any circumstance. Strike that thought from your mind. You can
only succeed in such situations as your proficiency and circumstances allow, and with the
above-mentioned set of disadvantages ranged against you those situations are few indeed.
Tough luck, but there it is.

Thx for everyone reading up to this point. 🍪 here have a cookie and good luck in your next flight :)

Ammi i know all of that, i fly both sides for years and i'm doing quite well in MP (beside discipline i admit 😬 cos i'm here to have fun not running away all the time as most players do making this taw boring).

My rant is planeset giving allies p47 as a low tier fighter while axis having all top of the line, 190a8 should be aprox balance instead g14 or there should be 2 spits available.

I was for 262 to be included when it was hot topic on taw but this taw planeset is off.

But ok, their server, their rules...have fun everyone😉

=LG=Coldman

I dont get Your point. Both sides has 4 fighters available. In addition germans have me 262 that is a unicorn cause only 1% can take IT. So more like 3 fighters plus me 262. G14 is much slower than p47 150 octane. This is plane set from bodenplate.

• Upvote 1

=VARP=Tvrdi
1 hour ago, =LG=Coldman said:

I dont get Your point. Both sides has 4 fighters available. In addition germans have me 262 that is a unicorn cause only 1% can take IT. So more like 3 fighters plus me 262. G14 is much slower than p47 150 octane. This is plane set from bodenplate.

P47 is no match to g14. It needs a lot of time and engine management to get to that fictional speed. Its less maneuverable also. Btw how many times you guys flew allied planes to comfortable judge them?. Also there were 2 me262s on the server. This is getting ridiculous we are arguing with an "animals in a farm about a farm".

I expect you to ban spit 14 in the future.

Enough of this for me. bye

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Haha 2

=LG=Rafcio
1 hour ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Btw how many times you guys flew allied planes to comfortable judge them?.

You can see here.

http://forgotten-taw.tuttovola.org/

LG change side every campaign. This is our first for blue side on west front. 

You need to know what you are writing about, and if you don't know, it is better not to write, because you can write something stupid and then you have to delete your posts like some people.

Also don't cry. War is for men and men do not cry, they fight like 300 Spartans. Little boys are crying, but for them there is a place in the sandbox.

Edited by =L/R=Rafcio
No reason.

=VARP=Ribbon

And this why i deleted my original post....to avoid retarded replies from "Spartans"😂

• Haha 2

=LG=Rafcio
8 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

And this why i deleted my original post....to avoid retarded replies from "Spartans"😂

You should have thought before you wrote. And so you write, you delete. Why are you making a fuss. As you fly as you write, I am not surprised that later it is just crying on the forum.

=VARP=Ribbon
55 minutes ago, =L/R=Rafcio said:

You should have thought before you wrote. And so you write, you delete. Why are you making a fuss. As you fly as you write, I am not surprised that later it is just crying on the forum.

Dunning Kruger effect is strong on this one!

What i wrote is valid, why don't you show us how to fight in p47 vs g14 mr.Spartan, i'm willing to be the guy in g14 :)

And grow up and learn how to behave!

Edited by =VARP=Ribbon

=LG=Rafcio
22 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

What i wrote is valid, why don't you show us how to fight in p47 vs g14 mr.Spartan, i'm willing to be the guy in g14 :)

One of the hallmarks of adulthood is reading comprehension. There is probably something wrong with that with you. I haven't written anything about my skills before. I just wrote about not crying on the forum. In fact, TAW is not for everyone. And with this I end the discussion on my part.

• Haha 1

=OPFR=the_rooster
40 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Easy climb to 30k and wait lol but. Seriously the 47 is a great plane just have to fly it to its strengths if I get a enemy any plane besides a 262 is on my six outside of gun range I go into a slight dive to gain equal speed than go into a high speed climb and keep climbing to over 30k where the 109 or 190 has lost all energy than attack. It’s a slow process but it works and effective I just love watching 109s try to stay with me up to that altitude. Stuck down low in a jug flaps are very effective in a 1 vs 1 but if there are multiple enemies your in a bad situation. I love flying it 

Edited by =OPFR=the_rooster
  • Like 1

=VARP=Ribbon
41 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

2. Blue have heavy FW-190 G-8 as a +1 plane , not Bf-109 G-14. Bf-109 you need to earn by making Combat Missions same as Spit IX or P51.

And yes we can do P47 vs G-8 1vs1 duels baby !

Even P47 vs G-14, I ll just run, climb and then kill you with E advantage 😄 it will take and hour, but yes we can do it 😄   😄

I see in fighter section:

109g14, 190d9, 109k4, 262 vs spit9, p47, p51 and tempest.....i don't see 190a8 in there.

My suggestion is to move p47 among attackers and provide extra Spit to balance firepower and fighter capabilities.

That is the root of my feedback!

I don't want to climb for an hour just to make one pass with "50cal".

But as i said your server, your rules...take it as you want!

Cheers!

=VARP=Tvrdi
7 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

I see in fighter section:

109g14, 190d9, 109k4, 262 vs spit9, p47, p51 and tempest.....i don't see 190a8 in there.

My suggestion is to move p47 among attackers and provide extra Spit to balance firepower and fighter capabilities.

That is the root of my feedback!

I don't want to climb for an hour just to make one pass with "50cal".

But as i said your server, your rules...take it as you want!

Cheers!

Its not his server its his egomania. 

=OPFR=the_rooster

Hope to see y’all on tonight blackhart it’s nice to have some solid competition on During east coast evening time our squad appreciates any European players who can fly out at that time. I’ll be back in the jug hanging out at 30k 

=VARP=Ribbon

Ok...me and Blakhart had some shooting trainings 😉

Before that he explained me server logic and planeset logic a bit deeper than even is in manual...thnk you very much for that!

It should not get to these forum wars so it's best to stop here on that matter.

Taw is well thought server for both sides and guys keep improving it, thank you for that and keep up the good job!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

JG7_X-Man

Question: Where did you guys get the idea that the P-47D was more maneuverable than a Bf 109G-14, let alone Fw 190D-9 and Bf 109K-4.

This the most truthful comparison I have read about the P-47D

https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2020/05/01/dogfight-p-47-v-fw190/ 

image.png.5f166b55cb2d8cf7c662d437bee843e8.png

It also goes on to say at altitude the preferred tactics was "energy fighting".

This actually backs up the logic behind the 9th USAAF not using 150 octane fuel. Increasing the wear-n-tear on the engine for minimal to no gain in performance in their primary role as ground attack aircraft.

Edited by JG7_X-Man

72AG_SerWolf
11 часов назад, =OPFR=the_rooster сказал:

Hope to see y’all on tonight blackhart it’s nice to have some solid competition on During east coast evening time our squad appreciates any European players who can fly out at that time. I’ll be back in the jug hanging out at 30k 

Hope to see you in the sky at europan prime time :)

its so borings to fly without enemy planes, I guess?

=LG=Blakhart
8 hours ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

Thx for coming to TS and good fights Rib! 
I think its the best way to solve problems. Talk instead of making forum wars.

Also, if anyone else dont understand something "how TAW logic/planeset works" please hit us up at TAW TS3 instead of offending at forum.

Cheers!

[GCA]T1m270

I think Red will take this one, its a very noticeable difference in the commitment of ground attackers on Red playing the objectives rather than concentrating on interception.

=TH=mincer
1 minute ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

Another day in the TAW forums!🤣

Yeah, this stuff never gets old :popcorm:

Barnacles
5 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Question: Where did you guys get the idea that the P-47D was more maneuverable than a Bf 109G-14, let alone Fw 190D-9 and Bf 109K-4.

This the most truthful comparison I have read about the P-47D

https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2020/05/01/dogfight-p-47-v-fw190/ 

image.png.5f166b55cb2d8cf7c662d437bee843e8.png

It also goes on to say at altitude the preferred tactics was "energy fighting".

This actually backs up the logic behind the 9th USAAF not using 150 octane fuel. Increasing the wear-n-tear on the engine for minimal to no gain in performance in their primary role as ground attack aircraft.

That comparison is regarding an early '44 P47 without water injection.

later on it mentions a top speed on the deck of 310mph, which is far slower than the ones in game. The D22 is in fact faster than the 190-D9 at all altitudes, and starts to out climb it at a much lower altitude than the 25kft mentioned in that comparison.

• Upvote 1

=TH=mincer
On 1/27/2021 at 7:19 PM, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

IIRC 150-grade fuel for P-47 attacker is locked because it wasn't used by the 9th Air Force.

Since we are are going into such fine historic details, why are half of the tanks in German columns, and 100% of the tanks in defenses and random groups are Tigers? Is there any data showing that more than half (!) of the tanks used by Germany on the Western fron in 44-45 were Tigers?

Edited by mincer
  • Upvote 3

LLv24_Zami

I`ve got regular crashes to desktop in this western TAW. Otherwise game runs fine. Anyone else? 

Edited by LLv24_Zami

=/Hospiz/=Szopen
46 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

I`ve got regular crashes to desktop in this western TAW. Otherwise game runs fine. Anyone else? 

I had them as well, seems that these missions on Rheinland map are overloading RAM sometimes, try reducing horizon drawing distance and turn Distant Buildings off, may help a little.

In which situations/conditions the crashes occured?

Edited by =L/R=Szopen

LLv24_Zami
33 minutes ago, =L/R=Szopen said:

I had them as well, seems that these missions on Rheinland map are overloading RAM sometimes, try reducing horizon drawing distance and turn Distant Buildings off, may help a little.

In which situations/conditions the crashes occured?

Usually mission which have lasted longer time but I can`t see any special pattern. Normally I fly in the evening european time so there`s a lot of other flyers in the server.  Usually screen freeze for a moment and game crash to desktop. Could be a RAM thing like you said.

10 minutes ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

How much WAM are you running? 

16GB.

72AG_SerWolf
1 час назад, LLv24_Zami сказал:

Usually mission which have lasted longer time but I can`t see any special pattern. Normally I fly in the evening european time so there`s a lot of other flyers in the server.  Usually screen freeze for a moment and game crash to desktop. Could be a RAM thing like you said.

16GB.

Check for swap files. must be free space on HDD or SSD for it, and size of swap file by the system.

LLv24_Zami
45 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

Check for swap files. must be free space on HDD or SSD for it, and size of swap file by the system.

Thanks, I'll check it.

JG7_X-Man
9 hours ago, Barnacles said:

That comparison is regarding an early '44 P47 without water injection.

later on it mentions a top speed on the deck of 310mph, which is far slower than the ones in game. The D22 is in fact faster than the 190-D9 at all altitudes, and starts to out climb it at a much lower altitude than the 25kft mentioned in that comparison.

OK well let's fix it! :good:

=LG=Mad_Mikhael
18 hours ago, mincer said:

Since we are are going into such fine historic details, why are half of the tanks in German columns, and 100% of the tanks in defenses and random groups are Tigers? Is there any data showing that more than half (!) of the tanks used by Germany on the Western fron in 44-45 were Tigers?

Can't tell anything about it, since I was not involved at all with this. I will pass the question to the guys.

PhoenixLights97

IMO Hauptmann is not high enough for access to the 262. Look at the player list on the website on a busy day and I guarantee you 35%+ of players online are hauptmann or higher

• Upvote 3

=LG=Blakhart
8 minutes ago, PhoenixLights97 said:

IMO Hauptmann is not high enough for access to the 262. Look at the player list on the website on a busy day and I guarantee you 35%+ of players online are hauptmann or higher

Yes, we already ddiscussed that issue. Solution for next campaing in progress.

4 hours ago, Max16 said:

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Cpt_Siddy
4 hours ago, PhoenixLights97 said:

Then start chute killing

• Haha 1

=TH=Kap-the-head

Ok, I am confused... The last few maps I looked at had no blue tank columns.  If the tanks are the deciding factor in victory, then how are reds supposed destroy blue tanks if there none on the map?

• BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic
  • BlackSix unlocked this topic
  • BlackSix pinned this topic