2 minutes ago, E69_Soec said:

It was wat too long since the last chutekill discussion (1 week? xD). Happy to see that everything is alright

need another topic between whining about unbalanced teams and fairless mission design 😆

Edited by SV7_Vase
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, ACG_Prancing said:

They won't change that rule, so just kill them on the chute every time you can too, and maybe they'll have enough of it at some point, i'm 100% against, but i'm killing them every time i can now.

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, ACG_Prancing said:

They won't change that rule, so just kill them on the chute every time you can too, and maybe they'll have enough of it at some point, i'm 100% against, but i'm killing them every time i can now.

I'm in full agreement with this sentiment. I dislike chute killing, but I've been seeing it too often this campaign to continue playing "nice". Will no longer handicap myself or my side by granting mercy to an opponent when the chance to take him out is there, fair is fair.

23 minutes ago, [WAX]TheCubanSpy said:

I'm in full agreement with this sentiment. I dislike chute killing, but I've been seeing it too often this campaign to continue playing "nice". Will no longer handicap myself or my side by granting mercy to an opponent when the chance to take him out is there, fair is fair.

I agree Cuban the rage I felt when getting killed in my chute with 1 life left has hardened my heart to any enemy, from now on it’s fair game 

Regarding balance...

A lot of ideas have come up with regard to balance and how to deal with it.  For example, one I had mentioned before was to not allow towns/airfields on the greatly outnumbered side (e.g. 10-0, 15-3, 20-5, or worse “average” ratio for that mission, determined by the admins) to be capture-able during that mission.

I have no idea if =LG= will ever add such a feature.  If that feature is not feasible, what about at least strengthening the AAA of airfields,  depots and defense “temporarily” (I.e. via the current script) if after the first 15 minutes of a mission, the ratio is 8-1 or greater (or whatever the admins decide).  So this would mean having extra AAA at airfields and defensive positions and depots, but they would not spawn normally - they would only spawn when the criteria mentioned above was met.

Otherwise it’s silly (for both sides, really) that when things are slow on one side, the other side can just come in and wipe out most everything.  Then when the server is more busy, the formerly light side has to spend a lot of time trying to resupply all the damaged/closed airfields, etc.  At least make it a bit more difficult and require that the hugely outnumbering side use good teamwork to defeat the AAA if there is no competition from enemy aircraft.

1 minute ago, Johnno said:

i just wish it was easier to recognise who you shoot down - causes then you know whose parachutes to down >:)

Yup, I strafed an La-5 last night, 20 minutes after an La-5 chute shot one of my teammates. Turned out to be a different pilot, and he got pissy with me, but what can you do?

2 hours ago, ACG_Prancing said:

Don't worry, it's a bit hard to understand for you and nobody is expecting you to understand, otherwise you wouldn't be part of the squadron that could prevent that by making good rules.

Maybe someday you will understand that YOUR rules didn't mean that they are good rules.

And yes, it's beyond me how you want this rule to be changed and doing the same thing.

22a638c6d84b6ebc25f88842680c4b39.png

Besides, I'm just flying here,  I'm not an admin, I'm not making rules. I'm suspicious that they even don't like me because I've never opened fire on a chute.😂

• Haha 1

So, not sure how to interpret this, but seriously, a single Ju88 can destroy 72 airfield objects in a single sortie (and I know some, like hangers, often count for 3 ground units), without getting a scratch from AAA?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60102&name=[110]xJammer

Oh, I see, he first went over in a fighter and destroyed all the AAA, so he could come back and singlehandedly wipe out the airbase without any defensive fire.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60079&name=[110]xJammer

Was there anyone around that could spawn at the base to defend it?  Seems to me we are back to square one with this sort of behavior.  A suggestion I had made prior still applies... there should be some percentage of AAA at airbases that respawn after say 15 minutes to prevent this sort of unrealistic behavior (I.e kill all AAA, RTB and come back 30 min later and have free reign over the airfield).  In reality there would be way too much AAA for one aircraft to destroy, then come back to an unprotected field.

On the other hand, I have to applaud the nerves and skill (?) of a single pilot to cause this much destruction lol :)...

Edit: I see that there may have been others on these raids, so maybe it was a so called blob :).  Still, IMO all airfield defense should not be able to be completely destroyed for a whole mission, some should be respawned within a relatively short period to offer some defense at these sanctuaries :).

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, AKA_Relent said:

So, not sure how to interpret this, but seriously, a single Ju88 can destroy 72 airfield objects in a single sortie (and I know some, like hangers, often count for 3 ground units), without getting a scratch from AAA?

Oh, I see, he first went over in a fighter and destroyed all the AAA, so he could come back and singlehandedly wipe out the airbase without any defensive fire.

Was there anyone around that could spawn at the base to defend it?  Seems to me we are back to square one with this sort of behavior.  A suggestion I had made prior still applies... there should be some percentage of AAA at airbases that respawn after say 15 minutes to prevent this sort of unrealistic behavior (I.e kill all AAA, RTB and come back 30 min later and have free reign over the airfield).  In reality there would be way too much AAA for one aircraft to destroy, then come back to an unprotected field.

On the other hand, I have to applaud the nerves and skill (?) of a single pilot to cause this much destruction lol :)...

Nothing we can do, we can either defend one field from tanks, or go camp other field from some pilot doing suicide sorties with alt accounts, when you are playing with 4:1 odds in the late night/early morning hours, nothing you can do.

such is life. 

I dont shoot anobody hanging on chute at any situation. That kind of behavior have no room here. As I said before. Somebody getting out wrecked plane really deserves another change. I hope more us have this kind of thoughts than otherway round...

One kind of solution to other problem. One pilot have only one plane in 2 hour mission. When u choose your plane, u can only refuel and rearm it. If u wreck it= out...when u get killed=out...that is hard but keeps u thinking twice...do i rush fast killing everything . Maybe damaged plane can be repaired? Lucky im not admin....and give us chutes like james bond have...so nobody dont shoot accidently fellow pilots hanging on sky...because they can be your wingmates in next round....

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, LLv24_Oke said:

I dont shoot anobody hanging on chute at any situation. That kind of behavior have no room here. As I said before. Somebody getting out wrecked plane really deserves another change. I hope more us have this kind of thoughts than otherway round...

I see it done in TAW  more than in any other server, so while I sympathise with the sentiment, you're unfortunately mistaken.

Unless that rule is changed (and I don't see that happening), TAW has all the room in the world for it, and after a while one gets tired of turning the other cheek, especially when the usual suspects are online.

Dont call rule...thing that is common bad habbit and dishonourable action...I havent done it since beginning 2002 and this online war is not going to get me starting this kind of behaviour. Its doesnt matter what kind of reward the server is giving for shooting down chute. Chutekillers are just nobodys playing arma or whatever....there is at least few red pilots that i respect very much (mostly flying red side only)...as myself flying the other side mostly...typical chute killer is probably individual tossing coin which side to fly today...i just see red when i see red....but thats only for moment...when he is defeated...he is just a guy sharing same interest than me....ww2 aerial history...maybe with different thoughts of many things...

....remember...next time plane shooting u might be me ( u probably wont get hurt...im so bad shooter) u atleast can bail...i wont shoot u....if u have good streak....that is nice...isnt it. 

• Upvote 3
8 hours ago, AKA_Relent said:

Was there anyone around that could spawn at the base to defend it?  Seems to me we are back to square one with this sort of behavior.  A suggestion I had made prior still applies... there should be some percentage of AAA at airbases that respawn after say 15 minutes to prevent this sort of unrealistic behavior (I.e kill all AAA, RTB and come back 30 min later and have free reign over the airfield).  In reality there would be way too much AAA for one aircraft to destroy, then come back to an unprotected field

And what is the point of this? What is the point of a single pilot ending a map in less than 2 days? It's no fun for others, seriously - other blue pilots don't have much to do, red pilots are left helpless and discouraged to play further. It breaks the game - I think the campaing is meant to be played, not get done with in a matter of days.

My squad is small and we do mainly level bombing missions, and now we don't have anything to bomb. I like Kuban map, and would like to fly it longer, but it will be over today, most likely.

I don't care how he's doing it, but it certainly takes away a lot of fun from the game for me, and I'm pretty sure for other pilots as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
33 minutes ago, =/Hospiz/=Szopen said:

And what is the point of this? What is the point of a single pilot ending a map in less than 2 days? It's no fun for others, seriously - other blue pilots don't have much to do, red pilots are left helpless and discouraged to play further. It breaks the game - I think the campaing is meant to be played, not get done with in a matter of days.

My squad is small and we do mainly level bombing missions, and now we don't have anything to bomb. I like Kuban map, and would like to fly it longer, but it will be over today, most likely.

I don't care how he's doing it, but it certainly takes away a lot of fun from the game for me, and I'm pretty sure for other pilots as well.

Can't agree more, but the current map was over so quickly not only due to xJammer efforts. Maps #3, #4 and #5 could also be easily over in a day or two, and it had nothing to do with him. Say thanks to OPFR, SCG and whoever joins them to run Blitzkriegs in the first missions of the map while their opponents are sleeping. Somehow the allies side resisted and kept the game afloat, but by this time I think everybody is just tired and see no point.

Edited by mincer
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, =OPFR=the_rooster said:

I agree Cuban the rage I felt when getting killed in my chute with 1 life left has hardened my heart to any enemy, from now on it’s fair game 

You guys are actively ruining the campaign for everyone else, so no surprise your chutes are getting shot at.

10 часов назад, AKA_Relent сказал:

Был ли кто-нибудь поблизости, кто мог бы появиться на базе, чтобы защитить ее? Мне кажется, мы вернулись к исходной точке с таким поведением. Предложение, которое я сделал ранее, все еще применимо ... на авиабазах должен быть некоторый процент AAA, которые возрождаются, скажем, через 15 минут, чтобы предотвратить такое нереалистичное поведение (т.е. убейте все AAA, RTB и вернитесь через 30 минут и получите свободу действий. над аэродромом). В действительности было бы слишком много зенитной артиллерии, чтобы один самолет смог уничтожить, а затем вернулся в незащищенное поле.

Изменить: я вижу, что в этих рейдах могли быть другие, так что, возможно, это была так называемая капля :). Тем не менее, ИМО не должно быть возможности полностью уничтожить всю оборону аэродрома в течение всей миссии, некоторые должны возродиться в течение относительно короткого периода, чтобы обеспечить некоторую защиту в этих убежищах :).

I fully support and I believe that "LG" should make changes for the next company (mission).

4 hours ago, mincer said:

You guys are actively ruining the campaign for everyone else, so no surprise your chutes are getting shot at.

We play when we can play, and we play to win like everyone else. Regarding chute shooting, what goes around now comes around. No surprise indeed, since you're one of the ones that convinced us to pay this favor back.

Seriously, how dare we play on Blue side for once, in the time we have available. Ruining the campaign!

Nevermind the fact Red is still winning overall.

Edited by [WAX]TheCubanSpy
23 minutes ago, [WAX]TheCubanSpy said:

We play when we can play, and we play to win like everyone else. Regarding cute shooting, what goes around now comes around.

Seriously, how dare we play on Blue side for once, in the time we have available. Ruining the campaign!

No one is flying to ruin the campaign, i think everyone can agree that there's no intention to ruin the campaign from anyone (at least directly),

what is happening is that flying with no opposition, with this unbalance in terms of average number of pilots on both sides, it's ruining the campaign because of the lack of appropriate balancing features.

No one should be able to ruin the campaign (even unwittingly) if the balancing mechanics would be appropriate.

Edited by ACG_Prancing
  • Like 1

People talk about balancing features but frankly the few proposals i have seen the last couple of pages are simply bad. They are either not possible to implement or would negatively effect peoples motivation to fly at all.

There are already balancing mechanics in place. Especially not losing as many lives when dying is a huge advantage. However people already moan about those mechanics.

I think we can all agree on that the true balance problem is during low population timeframes. In these scenarios, very few people can do more damage than the whole enemy team when both sides are maxed out in players. That's mostly due to the airfield meta.

Airfield protection is too weak and there is no effective way to form a defense against incoming attacks without making a lucky guess.

• Upvote 1

All the proposal that have been made have not received a single feedback from the admins so there's no way to know if these are possible to implement or not, the already in place balancing mechanics are not appropriate since you can still fly 15 vs 1 without restrictions, you just need to be allowed to fly once and you're good until you get shot down, the "Over Limit" mechanic is ridicoulus when the numbers are low,  it should prevent people from taking off even after a successful landing if the unbalance is above 40%, people can go fly on other servers if they really cannot understand that not everybody can fly on the blue side if TAW wants to be sort of competitive.

• Upvote 1

Hi all, I don't understand all the claims of balance issues and anger on this forum.  This is a great community to fly with and we all share the same interest in aviation and the WW II era.  We are on map 6 of an 8 map campaign where the Allies have won 2 maps, Axis has won 1 map, and the remaining maps have all been a draw.  It looks highly probably that axis will win on this map which would make it a complete draw thus far.  I've been gaming for over 30 years and have never seen a game that routinely stays this close.  I personally think it's disrespectful and unappreciative of the developers work to not see how balanced it really is, and how much longer these campaigns last now because it is so balanced. Have we forgotten how much longer TAW Eastern front Campaign lasts now? 

I fly with OPFR and would like to clear up a couple accusations that have come our way so maybe you will understand what we do and why we do it.

We are primarily oriented towards the attack role. We have a few capable fighter oriented guys that have helped us to get more time on target then we used to get.  The attack role is what is "fun" for most of us, and why most of us prefer to fly for reds.  We love the IL-2 and PE-2.  But for balance within the group we switch sides every TAW.  As attackers our primary focus is hitting Tank columns, and defensive positions because that is normally how we can best affect the ground campaign, and it's fun.  Attacking airfields and depots is High Risk where we will often lose half of our flight trying to hit them.  

This TAW, the Allies have been very effective at hitting our depots which has forced us to do the same.  check the logs, the overwhelming majority of the time, the Axis depots were harmed significantly prior to the Allies being harmed. 

Unfortunately, there is not a large North American contingent involved with this sim, so depending on the campaign, we either have few opponents or double/triple the opponents.  We play the game to the best of our ability either way, and so far, we don't seem to impact the outcome as a whole because the win/loss in campaigns seems to stay about the same regardless if we play or not.

We don't play for stats.  We play to enjoy the fellowship that comes with working as part of a group in a joint effort doing something we enjoy.  The banter, joking, and frustration on discord is just as much fun as the game itself.   Last night when Ninney suggested we hit a depot with the 6 people we had on board, All I could say was "There goes that streak".  Only 3 made it back. That is what makes TAW so great and why we all fly it.  Combat box and all the others are fun, but nothing compared to TAW.

Chute killing: We all know what's right and I personally think only losers do it.  The developers did a nice job of balancing that problem when they gave us .2 lives back for each successful mission, which keeps that one A-hole who wrecks it for everyone from being able to take all your lives and keep you from flying TAW for 24hours.  As an attacker the AAA and trees/buildings are usually what get me anyway. 

How many of you donate to TAW?  I do!  If you don't, maybe try donating to the group that provides us this amazing opportunity and maybe they'll have more ability to work on the minor issues that would polish this game.

C_DAT

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5
8 hours ago, mincer said:

Cpt Siddy and Mincer you guys started shooting our chutes first ( I have not shot at any chute) and complaining about our flying blue when we always have flown red with no problem. Now you are being offensive and resorting to ugly words and worse tactics...its just a game...why don't you just get organized with other friends from the red Team at the time we play and give us a fair fight!

• Upvote 3

Balance suggestion:

TAW is incredibly balanced.  One tweak I'd like to suggest is regarding the warehouses.  They show up randomly but it seems they spawn around the same time of day.  Currently, they usually show up when the allies have the advantage so they destroy the Axis warehouse while the allied warehouse is damaged slightly or not at all.  This and last Eastern front TAW seems to more often then not come down to who runs out of tanks first.  The Allies getting an infusion of tanks have saved at least 2 maps for them this TAW.

Suggestion: remove the warehouse dynamic in the campaign, or double the warehouses in the game where the 2nd warehouse is spawned 12 hours after the first for each side.

C_DAT

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Many pilots have fun when the fight is balanced, now it isn't, and you don't have to believe me you can just go check the average numbers, the problem is not about which side is winning, the point is that if in a timezone there's a huge difference in pilots numbers, it ruins the campaign for the pilots that are online when the numbers are more even. Since the admins don't wanna force people to register on a side or the other, the pilots balance will never be achieved, then what you can do is to balance the damage that one side can do to the other SCALING it to the average NUMBER OF PILOTS that flown in each mission. That's totally and undeniably fair for both sides and the only solution to decrease the problem.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

All you who cry about chute killing, it was SCG member long ago (now ex scg) who chute killed me first time on TAW and after that i just responded in kind. Now that ive tasted the salty tears it extracts from killed chutes, i find it very hard to quit.

If you get PK'd by me, send all love letters towards SCG. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Haha 3