Do you guys realize that Literally everyone could be having multiple accounts? You just buy the game with another email and there you have another account, then you take a name that is not just like the other one and no one Will ever know, stop being Sherlock Holmes lol

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, mincer said:

Looks like soviet tank commanders got lost and decided to launch an offense in a suicidal direction

+ Mission #264. The red's warehouse was spawned 10-20km from the frontline while the blue's warehouse got spawned 70-80km from the frontline.

I guess TAW favors blue side this map heavily, seems like decent thing to do to keep the campaign balanced)))

I've been thinking about a cool feature that could be implemented that would really increase the tactical aspect of TAW, if we could increase the time of the missions by 10-15 minutes and use that time at the beginning of each mission to create a phase when people can already spawn and take off, but only fly within a certain range to the frontline, and not closer, and if you get closer you have the "leaving the map" alert, After that phase then the mission start.

I think that would increase the level of organization of each side, squadrons can coordinate flights to different targets, and also would avoid the rush at the beginning of the map when there's no opposition yet, so everybody gets ready and in position and only then the mission starts, Is that something doable?

Edited by ACG_Prancing
  • Confused 1
39 minutes ago, ACG_Prancing said:

I've been thinking about a cool feature that could be implemented that would really increase the tactical aspect of TAW, if we could increase the time of the missions by 10-15 minutes and use that time at the beginning of each mission to create a phase when people can already spawn and take off, but only fly within a certain range to the frontline, and not closer, and if you get closer you have the "leaving the map" alert, After that phase then the mission start.

I think that would increase the level of organization of each side, squadrons can coordinate flights to different targets, and also would avoid the rush at the beginning of the map when there's no opposition yet, so everybody gets ready and in position and only then the mission starts, Is that something doable?

Nah, that just means the blues will be coming from 9km instead of the usual 6km.  

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

There will be nothing to do in 6 hours on this map.

Why on Finish virtual fighters it's possible and not on TAW?
Both servers are similar, they have approximately same count of targets.
The big disadvantage is that when player decide to fly with a bomber (for example He-111), it takes him at least 45 minutes to climb into desired altitude. So they have one hour to fly to target, attack and get back to base.
That means you can choose bomber only at the beginning of the mission, not later than after one hour of the beginning due to short of time.
What do you mean, @LLv34_Temuri?

Edited by 1stCL/rudidlo
12 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Why on Finish virtual fighters it's possible and not on TAW?
Both servers are similar, they have approximately same count of targets.
The big disadvantage is that when player decide to fly with a bomber (for example He-111), it takes him at least 45 minutes to climb into desired altitude. So they have one hour to fly to target, attack and get back to base.
That means you can choose bomber only at the beginning of the mission, not later than after one hour of the beginning due to short of time.
What do you mean, @LLv34_Temuri?

Nothing like. 
In fact, you can choose a bomber, calculate the time so that the mission ended in 5-10 minutes. after dropping the bombs. 
It is not necessary to return to the base before the end of the mission
20 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

What do you mean

I mean that currently the tools for checking that no one has left the designated area are rather lacking, but with mission text log improvements it can be done properly by the campaign scipt/application.

1 hour ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

I still don't understand why missions are just two hours long.
For example Finnish Virtual Pilots has 6 hours.

I would think its a map rotation and its aim to move front lines . I think . 

Please correct me if im wrong . 

Edited by KoN_

1341/5000

Dilemma: can lonewolf VR pilots play with TAW efficiently?

Fighter pilot role playing with VR is very complicated due to the difficulties in vision: locating and identifying aircraft. Furthermore, maintaining eye contact with the opponent during the fight is "physically" more difficult than using a monitor. It is very difficult to maintain eye contact with an enemy behind your tail, turn your head to look back left and right repeatedly.

The role of fighter-bomber could be more suitable especially if performed with "hit and run" tactics. Unfortunately, the tactical ground objectives (artillery, tanks and convoy) are concentrated in a few points where the probability of finding enemy aircraft is very high. Additionally, AA defenses are generally too strong for a single plane attack even using high-speed tactics with non-linear trajectories. Only the attack of the convoys allows to have a good chance of success.

Only the bomber role remains available on sunny days :)

Obviously these are considerations based on my personal experience and therefore conditioned by my ability to playing the game, however I think other VR users will also agree.

Anyway, TAW is a great server.
Edited by Carognus
11 hours ago, Maverick_VVS said:

+ Mission #264. The red's warehouse was spawned 10-20km from the frontline while the blue's warehouse got spawned 70-80km from the frontline.

I guess TAW favors blue side this map heavily, seems like decent thing to do to keep the campaign balanced)))

Front line is dynamically moving so sometimes one side have greater distance to the target. If you are looking for conspiracy theories there are different places for that. I can even make you tin foil hat if you needed.

• Upvote 1

Update:

Planes set (the manual will be updated soon):

• maps #5-8: Yak-1B/9 (instead of Yak-1B). You may fly Yak-1B or Yak-9 in that case.
  • maps #7-8: Yak-7B/9T (instead of Yak-7B). You may fly Yak-7B or Yak-9T in that case.

Improved Kuban map:  removed two west axis airfields, added south allied airfield Tuapse and a new city. Axis are located on the north and allied on the south on the map (not west vs east as before).  

• Thanks 12
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Update:

• maps #5-8: Yak-1B/9 (instead of Yak-1B). You may fly Yak-1B or Yak-9 in that case.
  • maps #7-8: Yak-7B/9T (instead of Yak-7B). You may fly Yak-7B or Yak-9T in that case.

Improved Kuban map:  removed two west axis airfields, added south allied airfield Tuapse and a new city. Axis are located on the north and allied on the south on the map (not west vs east as before).  

btw just a general feedback. The La-5 (F) isnt available to the reds in the endgame just the La-5FN. I think its just fair that the reds get both variants, and as seperate aircraft. The "normal" La-5 was used during and long after the covered timeframes of TAW. If you maybe just combine ALL Yaks into one aircraft you can control the total aircrafts availability.
For example: The reds just get Yak (0/4) (numbers made up) and they can fly what ever yak they want. They are all very close in performance anyhow. And then they get additionally 0/2 La-5s and 0/1 La-5FN. I always thought its a pity not to have an La-5F later on.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 7
1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Update:

Hi, as I expect Hawker Hurricane to be released today or tomorow, will you please add this plane to the red planeset to all maps till the very end of current TAW campaign? Just for those, who want to fly this "1943 underdog". According to sources, Hurricanes were used even in mid 1944 on eastern front. If blue side feels disadvantaged or ashamed by this decision, please give them one E7 also to the very end of this campaign...

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
  • Upvote 1

=LG=Kathon

Please ban the zima_ pilot for deliberately attacking friendly aircraft. He shot me down and then attacked and crashed into the 72AG_Inf plane.

It doesn't look like a random attack.

http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=46105&name=72AG_Brat 

http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=46087&name=zima_

http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=46104&name=72AG_lnf

I don't have a track for this flight, but there is a short video of that moment. We saw an airplane behind us, make a turn and see that it is a MiG. After that, I see a second attack maneuver from him. Trying to signal with the wing. But the pilot zima_ attacked and set fire to my plane, after which he tried to attack the plane 72AG_Inf, but crashed into it.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, =LG=todeskvlt said:

Front line is dynamically moving so sometimes one side have greater distance to the target. If you are looking for conspiracy theories there are different places for that. I can even make you tin foil hat if you needed.

Thanks for confirming. I don't believe in such theories, that was a joke.

But I think the script for it (attacks that don't have much sense and spawning warehouses that give one side advantage) needs to be improved in order to avoid such scenarios, don't you agree?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Maverick_VVS said:

Thanks for confirming. I don't believe in such theories, that was a joke.

But I think the script for it (attacks that don't have much sense and spawning warehouses that give one side advantage) needs to be improved in order to avoid such scenarios, don't you agree?

It was corrected some editions ago so spawned warehouses a1649839637_Zrzutekranu2020-11-02200524.thumb.png.c62583af8dfc7c4bb8820ddb7d8b95c0.pngre roughly  in the same spot from far ends of the map.

• Thanks 2

1. @=LG=Kathon please BAN this pilot for 2 friendly kills

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=46087&name=zima_

First his shoot in 72AG_Brat and second make a collision with 72AG_Inf

And his see that is was friendly planes.

2. LLV what wrong with u? Two times today U pilots (LLv32_mrkus and LLv32_Korppi) make a collision kill! WTF?

Edited by 72AG_SerWolf

Today red tanks where still on the road and not in field formation, but they took our AF Kachalinskaya, It looked like a bug since our defence was good and it was not even in attack mode.

After the capture they moved S into attack formation and attacked Kalach AF.

This must be a bug, since normaly once the tanks took an objective, they disapear

https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=271

Edited by III./ZG1_HeTzeR