Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

Is the C47 going to be introduced as a flyable at a later date? I´ve only heard it being AI

 

For now yes, I hope in the future it will be flyable. It's because for now it will still be AI only that I was thinking how it could be used to enrich TAW. For now, the fact that the Axis had Ju52 but the Allies had nothing similar limited the variety and importance that could be given to transport missions. AI paradrops, supplies or VIP transports could be interesting missions, if they can be implemented without a crazy effort.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ACG_HardeKoning said:

Yeah it would be neat if the campaign didn't start until the hurricane is released

 

I would put it differently. I hope the Hurricane is around when the Campaign starts, but please don't delay the campaign for that or any other reason :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SCG_Vieira said:

 

I would put it differently. I hope the Hurricane is around when the Campaign starts, but please don't delay the campaign for that or any other reason :)

It would be such a shame if the first 2/3 maps are already over before the Hurricane is released. Since the hurricane will only really be a ''competitive'' plane real early on.

You won't feel the pain on the blue side Vieira! 

 

Edited by ACG_HardeKoning
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ACG_HardeKoning said:

It would be such a shame if the first 2/3 maps are already over before the Hurricane is released. Since the hurricane will only really be a ''competitive'' plane real early on.

You won't feel the pain on the blue side Vieira! 

 

Hurricane in the early maps might get me to fly TAW again, it would be a shame to miss the era when it was viable as a fighter. But it is not supposed to be ready until October, and we are likely to see a patch before the end of September...so it is entirely possible that the Hurricane will not be available to fly until mid or late October, which is a long way off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeepFried-IL2 said:

Oh so there won't be any east front campaings anymore? The late war is fun but I don't like waiting months and months for 2 maps to be over in 3weeks...


I’m pretty sure they will keep alternating east-west. The Hurricane flew in the east for the Soviets. It actually also flew against the Soviets in the Finnish airforce, but I think that was an older version of the Hurricane than the one we will get

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Finnish Air Force bought 10-11 Hurricane Mk.I from Britain, and also acquired and flew one ex-Russian Mk.II. The number operating dwindled away for lack of spare parts, and they were replaced by larger numbers of F2A Buffaloes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 5:51 PM, ACG_HardeKoning said:

It would be such a shame if the first 2/3 maps are already over before the Hurricane is released. Since the hurricane will only really be a ''competitive'' plane real early on.

You won't feel the pain on the blue side Vieira! 

 

 

Yeah, most likely we will play blue this next E-TAW. It is just that all these weeks practicing in other servers until TAW starts drain me. I want the real thing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

What is SEOW? Can you give us a link?

 

SEOW is hard drug. Stay away from it! It makes you just want more SEOW, and unorganized dog fighting servers feels like Fortnight when compared to SEOW. In the link below is wiki description, very minimal and bad actually, there are better descriptions what SEOW is but could not find any quic now. Anyway, it is better you don't know good what is SEOW!

 

https://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index4875.html?title=Main_Page

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HRc_Tumu said:

Desafortunadamente, creo que nunca veremos SEOW para este nuevo il2

 

Perhaps the marshall mode, brings us a little closer to that of SEOW, of which you have such good words, although it is not called the same, we will have to wait to see what they have in hand with that game mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt , marshall mode can add more coordination and for sure we will have more  inmersive feel. But will be different things. 

 

I mean ,  marshall mode perfectly cab be a addon for SEOW... in SEOW you cook all! u place all your forces around map, u decide all your moviments, you plain all the flights.... and when mission is launched u use marshal for control the flight missions.

 

Anyway , lets will see what is posible along future years.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 11:23 PM, messsucher said:

 

SEOW is hard drug. Stay away from it! It makes you just want more SEOW, and unorganized dog fighting servers feels like Fortnight when compared to SEOW. In the link below is wiki description, very minimal and bad actually, there are better descriptions what SEOW is but could not find any quic now. Anyway, it is better you don't know good what is SEOW!

 

https://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index4875.html?title=Main_Page

Hmm. Very interesting.
Do I understand SEOW description properly when I say that it's been standalone application generating single player campaigns?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Hmm. Very interesting.
Do I understand SEOW description properly when I say that it's been standalone application generating single player campaigns?

 

You could single player it, but you would have to plan all enemy panzer movements and flights. You would have to be the supreme commander for both sides. You would get a better campaign since everything would matter, every tank you kill, every AA you destroy, every factory you destroy, every aircraft you destroy, reconnaissance matter, everything,  but it would suck to know what the enemy is doing, or it would suck because you would know it without getting real espionage information 😄

 

You could play 1vs1 SEOW, humans being the supreme commanders. But it is best played with multiple online squadrons on each side since so many flights in side that there are not big enough online squadrons lol.

 

The thing in SEOW is that everything matter and at best all flights are made by real human pilots and not AI. So it is like an universe when compared to solo campaign or dog fighting server. You get briefed by a real human and assigned into a wing with real people. You may escort bombers or pilot one yourself and be escorted by real humans. The it become intense, everyone wait for the enemy contact, and soon after one is seen hell break loose so to say. Sweet hell.

 

Finally you wait info in the debrief about how everything went and how your side is doing, and can't wait for next flight!

 

It is crazy fun. I would call the best and most real total war there is online.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Maybe I can clarify a bit:

 

SEOW is a framework for creating COOP missions for old IL2.

Its interface resembles a turn-based combined war strategy, where instead of a dice roll or other random mechanisms to get a result of the turn, human players play out an air/ground mission generated by the moves made during the turn. 

The results of the human mission are then returned as outcome to the strategy game via IL2 mission log and the strategic game is updated.

 

So really, it is like a person is playing Panzer General or any recent reincarnation, and what happens when they press "end turn" is actually determined by men and women flying around shooting each other in a coop mission which is hosted once or twice a week.

 

The mission planner (the guy playing the turn-based strategy) for each side is responsible for planning ground and sea moves, and flights; making briefings for everyone etc.

 

In old IL2 we played with up to 100 people in the mission, and frequently the worst problem was telling people we don't have enough slots for everyone, since the interest was always sky high.

 

Missions were 2-3 hours long and there was no respawn (since its a COOP) and if you lose the plane it will be erased from a detailed OOB of your side. If you crash on takeoff, or god forbid, you crash into someone else, you both get to go out and wait for the next week's mission.

 

This created an enormous sense of responsibility from all involved, not just to be careful and abide by the mission orders but also to know their assigned mission as well as missions of all relevant allied flights. So mass briefings of 15-30min before the mission on TS were a common feature. Multiple squadrons would be in the briefing room and detailed TS channel structure was needed and enforced (with appropriate whispers by flight leads).

 

Features that SEOW brings into the game are limited only by the game's native mission builder and mission logging system.

 

The battlefield was fully dynamic and supply logistics, recon, infrastructure and other aspects were even more important than dogfights or simple frontline ground attacks.

 

Can't kill a Jagdtiger with any weapons in your air or ground arsenal? No worries, kill the bridges or supply columns trying to re-supply  its ammo, drop some propaganda leaflets and watsh the unit become incapacitated due to lack of ammo or even surrender due to being isolated from the rest of its forces.

 

Take up a C47 and drop a spy in the back of the front to give partial information on enemy movements. Or drop a supply of fuel to that Long Range Desert Patrol you got flanking Rommel deep in the desert. Or take an unarmed Spitfire with an HF engine and perform a high alt recon photo pass; if you get it back to base areas on the ground above which you clicked your camera button gain intel and you might see a bunch of enemy unit icons next day in the map where you thought were none. You instantly re-consider your daring armor assault through that area! 

 

I could go on and on.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 102nd-YU-Devill said:

Hi all,

 

Maybe I can clarify a bit:

 

SEOW is a framework for creating COOP missions for old IL2.

Its interface resembles a turn-based combined war strategy, where instead of a dice roll or other random mechanisms to get a result of the turn, human players play out an air/ground mission generated by the moves made during the turn. 

The results of the human mission are then returned as outcome to the strategy game via IL2 mission log and the strategic game is updated.

 

So really, it is like a person is playing Panzer General or any recent reincarnation, and what happens when they press "end turn" is actually determined by men and women flying around shooting each other in a coop mission which is hosted once or twice a week.

 

The mission planner (the guy playing the turn-based strategy) for each side is responsible for planning ground and sea moves, and flights; making briefings for everyone etc.

 

In old IL2 we played with up to 100 people in the mission, and frequently the worst problem was telling people we don't have enough slots for everyone, since the interest was always sky high.

 

Missions were 2-3 hours long and there was no respawn (since its a COOP) and if you lose the plane it will be erased from a detailed OOB of your side. If you crash on takeoff, or god forbid, you crash into someone else, you both get to go out and wait for the next week's mission.

 

This created an enormous sense of responsibility from all involved, not just to be careful and abide by the mission orders but also to know their assigned mission as well as missions of all relevant allied flights. So mass briefings of 15-30min before the mission on TS were a common feature. Multiple squadrons would be in the briefing room and detailed TS channel structure was needed and enforced (with appropriate whispers by flight leads).

 

Features that SEOW brings into the game are limited only by the game's native mission builder and mission logging system.

 

The battlefield was fully dynamic and supply logistics, recon, infrastructure and other aspects were even more important than dogfights or simple frontline ground attacks.

 

Can't kill a Jagdtiger with any weapons in your air or ground arsenal? No worries, kill the bridges or supply columns trying to re-supply  its ammo, drop some propaganda leaflets and watsh the unit become incapacitated due to lack of ammo or even surrender due to being isolated from the rest of its forces.

 

Take up a C47 and drop a spy in the back of the front to give partial information on enemy movements. Or drop a supply of fuel to that Long Range Desert Patrol you got flanking Rommel deep in the desert. Or take an unarmed Spitfire with an HF engine and perform a high alt recon photo pass; if you get it back to base areas on the ground above which you clicked your camera button gain intel and you might see a bunch of enemy unit icons next day in the map where you thought were none. You instantly re-consider your daring armor assault through that area! 

 

I could go on and on.

 

 

 

 

 

This is an excellent description about what SEOW is. But like he said, he could go on and on, and he really could. In the end SEOW is like sex. You can't know how it is by reading about it. You must experience it yourself.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @102nd-YU-Devill,

 

thank you for comprehensive explanation. I quit flying online in 2008/2009 and came back ten years later. The best online war I've been flying so far was original Air Dominance War created by some good Russian guys. SEOW looks wery well.

Can I have one more question? I don't remember camera activation to be in the key binding in IL2:1946. Was it implemented some later modification?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Hi @102nd-YU-Devill,

 

thank you for comprehensive explanation. I quit flying online in 2008/2009 and came back ten years later. The best online war I've been flying so far was original Air Dominance War created by some good Russian guys. SEOW looks wery well.

Can I have one more question? I don't remember camera activation to be in the key binding in IL2:1946. Was it implemented some later modification?

 

Think it might have been part of HSXF mod, which was required for SEOW. Or maybe just a print screen button lol.

 

This BoX would make an excellent SEOW platform because tanks and AA soon here. 1C should really make it possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Hola @ 102nd-YU-Devill,

 

gracias por la explicación completa. Dejé de volar online en 2008/2009 y volví diez años después. La mejor guerra en línea que he estado volando hasta ahora fue la Guerra de dominio aéreo original creada por algunos buenos tipos rusos. SEOW se ve muy bien.

¿Puedo tener una pregunta más? No recuerdo que la activación de la cámara esté en el enlace de teclas en IL2: 1946. ¿Se implementó alguna modificación posterior?

 

summarized in 7 minutes the sensation of flying SEOW

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, =gRiJ=ToReRo said:

 

summarized in 7 minutes the sensation of flying SEOW

 

 

 

Mind blowing. The end text should had been "can you be a military pilot".

 

Just imagine that vid was made year 2011. 9 years ago. SEOW is such a middle finger to every flight sim there is that it is unreal roflmao.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

 

Does anyone know if they are trying to fix that problem? or if there is a specific thread that deals with it? ( since this is off topic here)

 

 

Edited by Kix
insert quote
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...