5 hours ago, SV7_Hello_Kitty said:

He was flying when I shot him down. So keep your irony to yourself. I have no rage against poor A-20 I just think that this was a bug

Not bug. He landed on the airfield. He stole your kill madam.

EDIT//

Does TAW allow reshade?

Edited by ACG_Smokejumper
6 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

How did you do it?

you dont, game do it. If you alt tab many times when playing, eventually this happens:

and you lose input from mouse and keyboard and game is stuck. Sometimes try to alt tab back works and others it does not and recovers alone but when recovers you receive the last message you had in chat again and again forever until restart game. You can easy reproduce this in tanks. Go to tank server, hold front arrow key and press chat button, the tank willmove to front alone. Now alt tab many time until game stuck with no keyboard or mouse. Start alt tab again until game input comes back and now tank will move forever to front even if you change server or go to single player until restart.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Red_Pilot said:

What about SRS radio?

What about it? it is fully functional and implemented. I wish the server used TX (duplex transmission mode) mute so you dont hear your own delayed voice while transmitting, but it works and semi-realistically becomes distorted with distance. (clipping)

On 8/16/2020 at 1:05 PM, 72AG_SerWolf said:

@=LG=Kathon do you have statistic on server, what number of planes was destroyed by AAA for both side (Axis and Allied)?

My guess is BLUE is destroying more with Bf 110, then Fw 190A-8 (G-8 mod). I have never seem so many guys (me included) flying jabo mission in all of TAW, and the direct of the map shows this.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NoBigDreams said:

Bug report:

Brussels airfield targets did not count as GK during mission #184. I attacked As and Brussels and As counted normally but for Brussels, nothing. Killed some fuel tanks, 1 hangar, 2 barracks and 1 AAA gun. None showed up on the server either :)

Not all objects are linked to the mission's success. Some objects are strictly for eye-candy - see old posts for an explanation from the admins.

47 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Not all objects are linked to the mission's success. Some objects are strictly for eye-candy - see old posts for an explanation from the admins.

I know, but these targets should count. I've hit them before and gotten credited, and the AF didn't even take any damage.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a idiot, the AF was not designated to be attacked.

Edited by NoBigDreams
9 hours ago, madlarkin8 said:

What about it? it is fully functional and implemented. I wish the server used TX (duplex transmission mode) mute so you dont hear your own delayed voice while transmitting, but it works and semi-realistically becomes distorted with distance. (clipping)

SRS server settings now:

SRS2.PNG.5a20b6a3ba878af2e786d30d46da239a.PNG

8 часов назад, JG7_X-Man сказал:

My guess is BLUE is destroying more with Bf 110, then Fw 190A-8 (G-8 mod). I have never seem so many guys (me included) flying jabo mission in all of TAW, and the direct of the map shows this.

No, you say about AAA destroyed by planes.

But I say about how many planes was destroyed by AAA? May be I wrong, but looks like Axis AAA is more deadly and accuracy then Allied AAA

On 8/12/2020 at 2:05 PM, JG4_Widukind said:

Another problem was that yesterday we(around 10 Pilots) completely destroy a defense (Icon was deletet AS City) and another badly damaged, but they were back in the next round with moderate damage.
Kathon, could you check that out, please?
Here is the mission for the Miss. Number

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=11698&name=JG4_Widukind

Problem has been fixed during the weekend. Destroyed artillery in the allied defense position wasn't counted properly by the script. (Normally there are static objects like BM-13 (east front) or Sd.Kfz. 251 but there is no such object for US side so I added artillery but didn't tested it enough )

On 8/15/2020 at 8:29 AM, JG4_Goddee said:

No CM why ? Flighttime 17 min. but enemycontact (AA)

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=10747&name=JG4_Goddee

There was problem with aircraft type and FW190 Jabo wasn't counted as attacker. It was also fixed some time ago. 

On 8/16/2020 at 2:03 AM, SV7_Hello_Kitty said:

How this http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=16124&name=E69_PuppenDoktor is not an airkill? 

kitty.jpg?width=1204&height=677kitty1.jpg?width=1204&height=677
So this counts as landing and pilot gets 2CM? Really? 

You damaged him but did't destroy and he landed. Remember that bombers like A20 consist of many sub-objects like gunners and turrents so many events "was damaged" concern those sub-objects.

On 8/16/2020 at 2:27 AM, SV7_Vase said:

same sortie same situation

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=16068&name=Cpt_Siddy

this kill was count to a RED to RED friendly fire. but FF was some minutes ago

after that i shot him

Red damaged him in about 5.5%, you 2.5%. So AK was counted for red. 

There is of course room for improvement by not taking into account FF in such case. In that case AK would go to you. 

On 8/16/2020 at 7:05 PM, 72AG_SerWolf said:

@=LG=Kathon do you have statistic on server, what number of planes was destroyed by AAA for both side (Axis and Allied)?

image.png.de3ca58bad6b9fb3e0b5750144c0dbe6.png

11 hours ago, NoBigDreams said:

Bug report:

Brussels airfield targets did not count as GK during mission #184. I attacked As and Brussels and As counted normally but for Brussels, nothing. Killed some fuel tanks, 1 hangar, 2 barracks and 1 AAA gun. None showed up on the server either :)

It wasn't marked as "Attack!"

=====================================================================================================

The manual has been updated thanks to =/Hospiz/=MetalHead. He put all changes into one readable and useful document. 

If something is still unclear or you see any bugs please let us know. 

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 3
12 hours ago, NoBigDreams said:

I know, but these targets should count. I've hit them before and gotten credited, and the AF didn't even take any damage.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a idiot, the AF was not designated to be attacked.

You are not an idiot (I know plenty of them), what you did is what we call an oversight! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

uh... 95 vs 188..

The difference is 2 times more...

Western Allied AA is not nearly as deadly. There is no fast-firing cannon AA, which is the ground fire that is most likely to kill you.

Two out of the 3 AA guns are HMG, the other one is heavy 'puffy' flak which is only really useful for showing where attackers are - or rather, where they were, since most bodenplatte aircraft are fast enough that the heavy AA almost always bursts well behind. Frankly I'm surprised the half track has gotten as many kills as it has, probably from people making repeated, slower attack runs on convoys where it is offering protection.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

uh... 95 vs 188..

The difference is 2 times more...

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

Western Allied AA is not nearly as deadly. There is no fast-firing cannon AA, which is the ground fire that is most likely to kill you.

Two out of the 3 AA guns are HMG, the other one is heavy 'puffy' flak which is only really useful for showing where attackers are - or rather, where they were, since most bodenplatte aircraft are fast enough that the heavy AA almost always bursts well behind. Frankly I'm surprised the half track has gotten as many kills as it has, probably from people making repeated, slower attack runs on convoys where it is offering protection.

1C didn't make a 40mm Bofors for Bodenplatte, I guess you could have a stand in in the form the German 37mm or Russian 37mm/25mm.

1 hour ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

1C didn't make a 40mm Bofors for Bodenplatte, I guess you could have a stand in in the form the German 37mm or Russian 37mm/25mm.

Yeah that's the main problem. A stand-in would work fine. Hopefully new AA options come in Battle of Normandy.

4 часа назад, 72AG_SerWolf сказал:

uh... 95 vs 188..

These numbers does not make any sense till there is no comparison with allied/axis attackers missions ratio.

But i should say i feel much safer flying attackers against allies then soviets. Half-track AA not so deadly but also as hard to be destroyed just as a tank or even harder

Edited by WG_Magners
On 8/14/2020 at 5:30 PM, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

@SCG_Sinerox, how about you and @SCG_Wulfe  jump on the allied side tonight and kill some silly bombers tonight?

Cmon, join the dark side!

I can't fly anything but spitfires on allied side and I'm not really interested in any of the other planes. I also hate wing mounted guns and can't hit a barn at 50 meters with them. Sadly most allied aircraft use them, just to add fuel to the fire the americans only use .50 cals instead of cannons which I'm used to. All in all me and western allied planes don't get along except for spitty. Furthermore I'm not really flying this taw and after years flying cb western front crap I'm tired of the west and rather spend time on finnish with my f4 and yaks on the eastern front. 

• Upvote 1

TOW is the only server worth playing.  But it is also unnecessarily stifling and joyless. The server penalizes players for arbitrary infractions that are invisible to the player until he sees an unexplained penalty.  For instance:  Today I logged on and there is a rare (for my time slot) Allied imbalance.  But nothing on the map says I can't fly.  I jump into the plane and it states I'm number 2.  Fine, I'll wait.  A minute later I'm kicked.  I check my slot on the TAW website and it states that I have a 9 minute penalty.  I jump back in, use the time to complain in chat.  Click start when 9 minutes is up and chat says that I have 26 seconds.  Great!  I'll wait.  Kicked again for another 9 minutes.  What does this accomplish other than to suck away the freedom and spontaneity of a great combat sim? 

• Upvote 2
44 minutes ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

I can't fly anything but spitfires on allied side and I'm not really interested in any of the other planes. I also hate wing mounted guns and can't hit a barn at 50 meters with them. Sadly most allied aircraft use them, just to add fuel to the fire the americans only use .50 cals instead of cannons which I'm used to. All in all me and western allied planes don't get along except for spitty. Furthermore I'm not really flying this taw and after years flying cb western front crap I'm tired of the west and rather spend time on finnish with my f4 and yaks on the eastern front. 

I also don't like the Western front, so I try very hard to push the front line West so that the game on the Eastern front starts as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, SmokinHole said:

TOW is the only server worth playing.  But it is also unnecessarily stifling and joyless. The server penalizes players for arbitrary infractions that are invisible to the player until he sees an unexplained penalty.  For instance:  Today I logged on and there is a rare (for my time slot) Allied imbalance.  But nothing on the map says I can't fly.  I jump into the plane and it states I'm number 2.  Fine, I'll wait.  A minute later I'm kicked.  I check my slot on the TAW website and it states that I have a 9 minute penalty.  I jump back in, use the time to complain in chat.  Click start when 9 minutes is up and chat says that I have 26 seconds.  Great!  I'll wait.  Kicked again for another 9 minutes.  What does this accomplish other than to suck away the freedom and spontaneity of a great combat sim? 

@SmokinHole Welcome! :salute: My response would be to "Read the Manual". TAW isn't a sever where you can simply "jump in an aircraft and take off". There are several rules including what and when you can and cannot attack (i.e. you receive zero point value if you do). TAW is a multiple player campaign, played on a dogfight server to mimic a perpetual/constant combat theater.

• Upvote 1

So there is an imbalance and I can't fly.  OK, awkwardly communicated but I'll bite.  Let's help Axis out.  I click over there and am met with a screen promising a 10 minute penalty for the crime of attempting to balance teams.

I know.  I know.  "If you hate [X] so much, LEAVE!"  But I don't hate [X].  I just think it could both maintain high standards will not crushing joy under an iron set of unclear rules.

4 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

@SmokinHole Welcome! :salute: My response would be to "Read the Manual". TAW isn't a sever where you can simply "jump in an aircraft and take off". There are several rules including what and when you can and cannot attack (i.e. you receive zero point value if you do). TAW is a multiple player campaign, played on a dogfight server to mimic a perpetual/constant combat theater.

Thanks.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, SmokinHole said:

So there is an imbalance and I can't fly.  OK, awkwardly communicated but I'll bite.  Let's help Axis out.  I click over there and am met with a screen promising a 10 minute penalty for the crime of attempting to balance teams.

Hat's off for not turning this into a rant! We are cool! :drink2:

Let me explain what that's all about: 

Once you join a particular side on an on going map, you can see which bases are active on the map view. A dishonest person (obviously not you ;)) could leave the server and rejoin on the opposing side and proceed to "route camp" with a much higher probability of success than if you had to simply guess which bases were active.

Thanks again.  I get it now and understand.  I have 51 year-old man-child moments sometimes.  I just wanted to get in the air and rack up a few "CM"s so that I could enjoy being uncatchable again in the Tempest.  Time constraints and domestic duties intervened and my plan failed.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SmokinHole said:

@SmokinHole you should have waited in the briefing room (click end mission) not in the cockpit. If you are in the queue you can't spawn. Because of it you were kicked from the server. Moreover if there is imbalance situation 10min penalty is added for pilots who disconnects from the server. 

If you had waited in the briefing room you would have been able to spawn again and take off after a few minutes. 

1 hour ago, SCG_Limbo said:

The flight times for missions are very long on the Bodenplatte map, imo.  I think it needs to be broken up into sectors just like the Moscow Map is done for Eastern TAW

Yes. We want ONLY two Airfield 5 miles from each other, icons on, unlimited ammo, no g efect and simply engine management!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
8 hours ago, SCG_Limbo said:

The flight times for missions are very long on the Bodenplatte map, imo.  I think it needs to be broken up into sectors just like the Moscow Map is done for Eastern TAW

Actually if were were following history, it would be much worst LOL

By the end of November '44 through March '45, JG 26 had a serious commute (with bases at Fürstenau, Nordhorn & Plantlünne) and JG 2 too (with bases at Nidda, Mezhausen, Altenstadt & Ettinghausen).

During that same period, there was not a single Allied units base operational east of the River Meuse (this includes Venlo Y-55).

6 hours ago, =LG=todeskvlt said:

Because many people was asked about new manual i want to notice in separate post that manual is updated thanks to @=/Hospiz/=Metalhead. Please let me know if you see something outdated or missing.

Also i would like to encourage you to try SRS

Does SRS separate the comms between teams?  Can Axis hear Allied comms?

EDIT: I looked it up on Youtube and afaik the channels should be separate so teams cant spy on each other

Edited by Bird
On 8/19/2020 at 5:16 AM, SCG_Limbo said:

I'm actually really enjoying the long flight times, monitoring the gauges without the techchat has given me a new enjoyment,

and also strangely a new love of Jabo, bomber and transport missions!!

I think a draw was a fair result, although the second map seemed to 'collapse' very quickly at the end?

I tried the 262, but it bit me in the ass a couple of times, and i never saw another one in the air, 

so more of a gimmick than of any actual use...

Couple of things i would change,

1) you should be able to land on any friendly air field without getting a ditch (ie loose points) if it's not the one you took off from.

Loose the plane for a CM or two, ok, .... but points to? (same for bailing out as well !)

2) And placement of static objects on airfields in such a way as to help prevent 'dirty' take offs, it got stupid at times, and i believe there were several collisions.

Can't wait to get back to the Eastern front....

Other than that, keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1