4 minutes ago, Viktor33_33 said:

Why is there no choice to fight for UK? It is unlikely that the USAF used Spitfires and Tempests in 1944-45. This is not realistic for such a server.

A more realistic representation is RAF in the North, USAAF in the South.

Movements were broadly equivalent to those shown here between October 44 and April 45,

image.thumb.png.14e9125a27d5edda0484cb8ee48c927d.png

• Like 2

I would really like the technochat enabled. As a casual player I don’t have each aircraft’s specifications memorized. I’m easy enough to shoot down without my eyes glued to my notes ! The experts can turn it off if they like, right ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
17 minutes ago, =L/R=Rafcio said:

Do you remember the conversations in May with Todeskvlt in private messages? Did you not understand what he meant?

I'm not here to poop on the server, I like TAW a lot and plan to fly this campaign. I'm just posting the historical movements which might be useful for the next version of Rhineland TAW.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mm1ut1 said:

I would really like the technochat enabled. As a casual player I don’t have each aircraft’s specifications memorized. I’m easy enough to shoot down without my eyes glued to my notes ! The experts can turn it off if they like, right ? 

Not quite so. This server is not for casual players, this is Champion League. I like it off and dont want to be disadvantaged by others, who has it on...

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 5
3 hours ago, Talon_ said:

I'm not here to poop on the server, I like TAW a lot and plan to fly this campaign. I'm just posting the historical movements which might be useful for the next version of Rhineland TAW.

Yeah - seeing RAF Eindhoven , RAF Volkel, RAF St Denis Westrem and RAF Melsbroek with the American star looks very "uninclusiveness" :megaphone:

• Like 1

I gotta say, i'm quite disappointed in the current TAW campaign....I think i'm done flying it. It's no fun...almost as bad as couple years ago having to warm your planes engines up 15 minutes in winter before take off...All of a sudden, I cannot even get planes off the ground....I'm by no  means inexperienced with the stick, but FW-190 A8, He111, Ju-52s...all end up with crashes on take off. It's ridiculous not having technochat to read your settings as well prior to take off. 

2 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

Not quite so. This server is not for casual players, this is Champion League. I like it off and dont want to be disadvantaged by others, who has it on...

How champions choose which bobs they will drop first (underbelly/under wings) and if they will fall in pair or by just one?

16 minutes ago, ACG_Jaydog said:

I gotta say, i'm quite disappointed in the current TAW campaign....I think i'm done flying it. It's no fun...almost as bad as couple years ago having to warm your planes engines up 15 minutes in winter before take off...All of a sudden, I cannot even get planes off the ground....I'm by no  means inexperienced with the stick, but FW-190 A8, He111, Ju-52s...all end up with crashes on take off. It's ridiculous not having technochat to read your settings as well prior to take off. 

It's caused by the fact, that airfields in Netherlands are 1500 meters above sea level. No one knows why.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

How champions choose which bobs they will drop first (underbelly/under wings) and if they will fall in pair or by just one?

It's caused by the fact, that airfields in Netherlands are 1500 meters above sea level. No one knows why.

At the end of the day, this Campaign should be fun. It shouldn't be made that "realistic"...It's no fun when you are losing planes that you fly regularly on takeoff. It is going to drive numbers down and limit it to a bunch of one trick ponies. Spotting is shit as is in this game...add the extra handicaps...well it just isn't worth the time

Edited by ACG_Jaydog
adding to it
27 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Weird....no problems taking off from Netherland fields on Combat Box ....

Yeah i think I am done here for now. Nothing personal but kathon and team seems a little too detached from the game at the moment. The plane set is more than questionable and there are some game breaking bugs.

In the last western taw we had so much feedback. And the current planet reflects absolutely nothing of that feedback. *Sad sheriff noises*

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I would like to report a willful friendly fire. During the mission below, the fourth FW-190 joined us while we were flying a 3x FW-190 squadron. Everything happened on the way back, near our airport. After 2 minutes of flying with us in close formation, the CRNI_Gruf player opened fire on my wingman. It is obvious that I am rejecting any mistake FF here.

This Friendly Fire was a manifestation of childish and malicious behavior.

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=2989&name=RavN_czarek90

Edited by RavN_Alienzo

Is the plane set favorizing anybody?

IT looks balanced and semi historical acurate(metalhead explained our attitude). Allies Has slightly advantage with tempest on 1st map. Germans will have huge advantage on second map.

We are looking at altitude/pressure problem (we probably adressed the issue)

indestructable trucks we are looking at it.

Lack of british faction is on progress (kathon spend a lot od time changing russians to americans-tons od script had to be manually checked) we are conisdering spliting allies factions then you will have to choose you fly RAF or USAF.probably after BON map realese or more planes.

Edited by =LG=Coldman
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Enjoying not having  tech chat actually, and mistakes yes , its there so you learn to read your airplane gauges, making it more a sim than a game, some planes can be hard , like bombers /twins trying to feather an engine,  but dont understand a FW having problems , its fully automatized.

Historically German planes had the advantage of less workload for the pilot with automatic systems, no tech chat, gives that advantage to the Germans for the first time, less workload for a pilot its big. 

Watch a video in Youtbe of the planes you will be flying, in 30 minutes you will know them to fly without tech chat.

Doesnt take long.

• Upvote 12

The altitude/pressure problem has been probably fixed. I can't check it because I'm currently on holidays far away from my pc. I'll be back next week and then be able to check the indestructible truck problem.

So maybe its a good idea to stop this campaign and start the new one in the next week?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 12

I agree with all complaints except for technochat.  For 90%, it's a crutch.  For only selecting bomb drop intervals, yes it's an issue, but did the p47 pilots have that control in real life?  I know they couldn't edit fuses on the fly.  

If you don't like technochat and gps being off, then go fly WoL.  Nobody would think less of you.  But this server removes many of the handicaps that make many servers gamey, and that is something many of us appreciate.  Just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's wrong.

• Upvote 15

Don't matter to me, but many are not being truthful.  

Do you not think that real life pilots would use touch and feel for levers.  IE one finger gap 90%, two finger gap 80% and so on.  This looking/staring at lever placement is ridiculous.  It's less real.  Let me say again, it is less realistic.  🙄 

• Upvote 1

Sorry wouldn't let me edit my post...

When "real" pilot got into a dogfight and ended up near the deck, do you think he "looked at" his supercharger lever or .... maybe he felt the lever was forward without moving his eyes.   🤣

Edited by VBF-12_Snake9
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, VBF-12_Snake9 said:

Sorry wouldn't let me edit my post...

When "real" pilot got into a dogfight and ended up near the deck, do you think he "looked at" his supercharger lever or .... maybe he felt the lever was forward without moving his eyes.   🤣

No, real pilots confirm with their hands that all levers are full forward.  Maybe I’m spoiled for having a lever for throttle, mix, and rpm/prop.  Then when out of combat they reduce power using gauges as needed.

Again, it’s an opinion, but I believe one that was previously voted on.  If it doesn’t suit you, the door’s on the left.

P.S.  -  I use a Saitek throttle quadrant in VR.  People drop $70 on a new BoX module in 0.65 seconds, but won't do themselves a favor and spend $60 on this.... makes these arguments ts null and void if you aren't willing to help yourself before trying to change an entire server for hundreds (sometimes of thousands) of registered pilots.

Edited by =BES=Senor_Jefe

Your situational awareness is much better in real life than it is in this game. Nor can you 'feel' things the same way, ei. wind, vibrations, visual scanning,... The technochat helps make up for that missing gap.

If the consensus is for not having the technochat, then by all means, the few of us should be ignored for the benefit of the rest.  

It does alienate pilots like myself who fly all different planes, on different sides each campaign.  I'm not getting the practice time in lately, so that's my fault, too.

I'll sit this one out, instead of getting frustrated.

Edited by D-Rock
  • Upvote 1

🤣

I pointed out the obvious.  

By the way, I have warthog with extension, rudder pedals, and two saitek throttle quadrates.  Everything is mapped to axis.  Doesn't make your poor argument any better.  🤣

Your opinion would be correct if you said it is more difficult.  But it is not correct stating more realistic.  

Edited by VBF-12_Snake9
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, D-Rock said:

Your situational awareness is much better in real life than it is in this game. Nor can you 'feel' things the same way, ei. wind, vibrations, visual scanning,... The technochat helps make up for that missing gap.

If the consensus is for not having the technochat, then by all means, the few of us should be ignored for the benefit of the rest.  

It does alienate pilots like myself who fly all different planes, on different sides each campaign.  I'm not getting the practice time in lately, so that's my fault, too.

I'll sit this one out, instead of getting frustrated.

I fly every single plane minus Ju-52, and seem to do just fine.  There's no need to overcomplicate this shit guys.  In combat, go full forward on everything.  Your battle won't last more than 5 min (unless you've really screwed up), then reduce power with gauges.  

Can't remember the engine settings? There's a mod that replaces the photo with engine management info. 

Guys, I'm a REALLY BAD fighter pilot.  A good real life pilot, but super terrible here, and not relying on technochat did nothing negative to me. It just takes a small amount of practice.

For the 4th time, if you don't feel comfortable without it yet, it's OKAY!  We've all been there.  Take some time on another server and do some practice with it.  I promise, it will get better and you'll appreciate the added immersion with having to actually look at your flap indicator on the wings, or the compass.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, VBF-12_Snake9 said:

🤣

I pointed out the obvious.  

By the way, I have warthog with extension, rudder pedals, and two saitek throttle quadrates.  Everything is mapped to axis.  Doesn't make your poor argument any better.  🤣

you're being divisive because you're frustrated with change.  You are in the minority.  Quit bitching and power through, or find another server. Im done arguing.

Edited by =BES=Senor_Jefe
4 hours ago, D-Rock said:

Why no tech-tip box in this one? It's a real game killer not having it.

The majority do not agree with you. TAW has hard settings, as it should as it isn't meant for beginners.

As it was historically:

You spend time looking at your instruments too long, you die.

You mess up your airplanes setup for either fighting, cruise flight, takeoff or landing, you die.

I think of this as a learning opportunity. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, VBF-12_Snake9 said:

What.....  Just pointing out the obvious.....

Honestly I haven't flown Taw since the western planes came out, and not really impressed how the plane set was handled last time around.  

What's your beef? Let's discuss :joy:

2 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

The altitude/pressure problem has been probably fixed. I can't check it because I'm currently on holidays far away from my pc. I'll be back next week and then be able to check the indestructible truck problem.

So maybe its a good idea to stop this campaign and start the new one in the next week?

Dont stop the campaign, we can use it as training, sort bugs and some people get used to no tech chat so they enjoy the following campaign more.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

What's your beef? Let's discuss :joy:

ok 😁

Unlimited 262 once you farm.  

This is a opinion, but I'm of the mind that there shouldn't be a 262 on the map unless there is something to balance it.  There is nothing to balance it at this time......  

Combat box does it the best but still not a fan.  

Granted it's a tough problem to solve, but last taw it was stupid seeing 262s vulture airfields.  

But anyway that's my opinion.  

2 hours ago, VBF-12_Snake9 said:

Don't matter to me, but many are not being truthful.  

Do you not think that real life pilots would use touch and feel for levers.  IE one finger gap 90%, two finger gap 80% and so on.  This looking/staring at lever placement is ridiculous.  It's less real.  Let me say again, it is less realistic.  🙄 

In this two- dimensional space we have to work with (VR or not), you have visual acuity. It takes a few seconds to look at your gauges and controls. You will see the techno chat was just reassurance/ a safety net to confirm what you are already knew my Padawan learner ;)