=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

We mainly agree in everything, the only thing i partially disagree with is this:

2 hours ago, E69_Soec said:

In the same way, surviving a whole taw is a HUGE achievement and of course imho should be awarded.

Unless you are commited to the campaign and take some risks, surviving the whole TAW is not a great achievement really. Specially if you fly only fighters, and specially if those fighters are the ones that dictate the fight -while having great firepower- and can escape whenever you want. If you fly let's say two maps like that, you can be in the top 5 with 0 deaths, and don´t fly anymore...and TAW will reward you right now. Nonesense! And i say it with knowledge cause i accomplished this once -an edition i didn't "oficially" participate- and won Kuznechik prize even without looking for it; flew 30 sorties and there i was, top 5 no deaths...but really did little to nothing for the campaign outcome. Again, people fly the way they want, but some approaches shouldn't be rewarded by a project that has a different essence; most of us here want to win the campaign and care about objectives while not going suicide mode ON...we agree that's one of the great things about TAW. It would be fair and better to award those best overall pilots.

If surviving the whole TAW with no deaths is to be rewarded OK then, but it must have certain conditions, like a minimum flight hours, or participation in all maps, etc. That would be a great achievement. And please, no more real life prizes, we've seen this edition what some people is capable of doing just to win them 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, this is only one portion of that post written by Riksen, there are many interesting options that can be added, like the best overall pilot for instance, and other stuff.

Also, i remember back in the day in il2 1946 =BY= squad at their "Airforce War" project splitted stats between sides, best LW fighter/attacker/bomber; and same with VVS, it was a good idea cause after all, your performance can be really "compared" to the guys who have the same planeset than you.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Quick rant... feel free to ignore!

So I look at the time tonight, thinking... oh nice, I don't have to be to bed for another 40 minutes... maybe time for a quick TAW sortie?

Spawn in... 42 minute time penalty remaining!! AHHH!!  I died late last night and I can't play tonight either??   Wouldn't 12 hour penalty be PLENTY?

Sorry... rant over... like I said... just ignore me.

Also, I love the idea of the medals, but I hate seeing that there is like one or two guys, with no deaths, and got around 175 ground kills in the beginning, and then just QUIT playing TAW altogether, although I see them in other servers (so it's not like they're not playing IL-2 at all)

• Upvote 2

Crazy bug was found last night-

Type "1124" into the chat when playing, and see what happens.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:29 PM, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

It is dangerous to write in a team chat, due to the fact that some of the second accounts are monitoring team message for intercept target...

2 hours ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

there is like one or two guys, with no deaths, and got around 175 ground kills in the beginning, and then just QUIT playing TAW...

This is the main reason why I stopped to play TAW...

My target was to reach at least 250 GK with no death.

Then during a mission a guy (I should check, but I think is from your team) found me and shot to me all his ammo.. Lucky me was a P-40, so my H111 can barely still fly..

Then I saw him get close to my flank and point me to ram, but the map ended before he can hit me!

So, I have no problem with this tactic (we were over his territory) and I was just lucky (like when the professor make you a question but then the bell rings...

What is wrong (in my opinion) is that lately I found him again, he was red and after few minute I connect he became blu (with exactly the same nick). Of course I wrote to the chat that I was going to bomb 1123 while I was in 2411, but then asked my self what kind of competition is this if people act in this way... 

On 5/28/2020 at 1:55 AM, WokeUpBlue said:

Well then it's a good thing those poor helpless damsels who run TAW have a white knight like you to watch out for them!

It's a discussion board Pict, we all share our opinions of what we think TAW should be like.

Reading that makes me think of a one liner an old guy I knew used to say...

Were you on the horse when you fell off?

:biggrin:

So listening to you, I probably should put the horse in the garage and take the car in from the pasture. But it's unlikely that I'll do any of it :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

What is wrong (in my opinion) is that lately I found him again, he was red and after few minute I connect he became blu (with exactly the same nick). Of course I wrote to the chat that I was going to bomb 1123 while I was in 2411, but then asked my self what kind of competition is this if people act in this way... 

The pilot cannot read the team chat until he selects the plane and spawns at the airfield.
But if someone chose one side appeared on the plane, and then changed the coalition in spite of the fine, then this is certainly not an honest game. Such cases must be reported to the server administration so that such a player is punished.

5 hours ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

So I look at the time tonight, thinking... oh nice, I don't have to be to bed for another 40 minutes... maybe time for a quick TAW sortie?

Spawn in... 42 minute time penalty remaining!! AHHH!!  I died late last night and I can't play tonight either??   Wouldn't 12 hour penalty be PLENTY?

Was your team the majority? If so, then everything is fair, there are so few opponents.
If the enemy had a numerical superiority, then you could take off

Hello everyone, I would like to ask the LG about blocking the TAW server to some IPs, I need help to be able to fly back to the TAW server. Clicking on server taw means freezing my screen and I get the error # 10019 all other servers (wol, combat box, berloga, etc.) I can enter without problems.

Cheers!

A short clip about or squadron's attack on a train in Novorossiysk.

Squad =TPE3BOE HE6O=,

Leader: plutishka,

1st wingman: Max16,

2nd wingman: mincer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2020 at 2:11 PM, JG4_Widukind said:

Waht I want to say is, that we need biger

Squads and lot of single Pilots in one Comms. 

Teamspeak

For better communication and speak over taktical nesessary stuff. 

Many free Pilots have no Idea waht it's better do to in always changing strategy and taktical staff. 

For example:Airfield attacks and Defend

You are correct! The result is we end up flying alone and die usually as the RED side are more apt to fly on comms i.e. as a team. More people might fly BLUE but more lone wolves - so that makes easy prey for RED team that use mutual support - because they are on comms.

However, Windukind your squad's TS channel and most others on TAW TS are locked to non squad members! Non members have have to wait to be invited. The average map time of 2 hrs, but the average sortie is about 20 - 40 mins - no one has time to wait to be invited.

This is the issue with most of the world's problems - We are quick to point out the problem but slow to see the role we play to causes the problem. (JG7_X-Man, 2020)

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Upvote 1

What the F is this bs of having to wait when your side is over the limit and you get the msg to wait 50 sec...wait get kicked and then go back into the  queue and start over again.....got to 6 sec's got kicked....had to start over...after 20 mins of this shit I stopped trying....I once played taw and was outnumbered ...started out 5-1...ok not too bad..then went to 15-1...then 27-1....guess you need to be in a super squad to get in when sides are so in-balanced...Being number 1 in the queue means nothing if you are a single....

29.05.2020 в 09:56, ITAF_Airone1989 сказал:

This is the main reason why I stopped to play TAW...

Don't speek in team chat, use TS
Spies do not sleep

dontspeek.jpg.8ed74b0fa4f3c4e966658d03670a86f9.jpg

:)

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

Don't speek in team chat, use TS
Spies do not sleep

dontspeek.jpg.8ed74b0fa4f3c4e966658d03670a86f9.jpg

:)

I know...

tacete1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

A plate on the Pe-2's radio station: Warning!!! The enemy is eavesdropping!

2020_5_26__21_52_21.thumb.jpg.03738376bc2705329860b6ccb3378c93.jpg

9 hours ago, Cathaoir said:

What the F is this bs of having to wait when your side is over the limit and you get the msg to wait 50 sec...wait get kicked and then go back into the  queue and start over again.....got to 6 sec's got kicked....had to start over...after 20 mins of this shit I stopped trying....I once played taw and was outnumbered ...started out 5-1...ok not too bad..then went to 15-1...then 27-1....guess you need to be in a super squad to get in when sides are so in-balanced...Being number 1 in the queue means nothing if you are a single....

BTW, what about giving the players who ran out of lives an opportunity to fly supply missions?

Edited by mincer
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mincer said:

BTW, what about giving the players who ran out of lives an opportunity to fly supply missions?

I agree. It would also be interesting if there would be missions to deliver fighters and other planes to the front AF without ammo that would then be available there (similar to the historical Air Transport Auxiliary in UK).  To count as a Combat Mission, a maximum of 5% damage on the plane would be accepted. These missions could be available to pilots that ran out of lives and be able to land them on closed AFs in the front.

On other small thing that might be limiting player numbers is the need to register. Some kind of automatic register on the first Login would be nice. Just make sure to alert the user before he takes off that the first time that he/she takes off, the user becomes locked on to that faction for the duration of the campaign. I know the registration takes 10s, but I have seen many players being kicked out because of that, and since reading manuals doesn't seem to be anyone's favorite hobby, many seem to just quit TAW before they ever tried it. 

Having on the chat displayed the list of available planes when a player spawns on a plane they don't have might also be helpful for these more casual players (and maybe the VR players as well, who suffer a bit to go to a website while in game). I believe the Finnish server has something similar with commands to get information on the damaged percentage of the targets.

In any case, thank you to the admins. This is, in my humble opinion, the best server I have played and I absolutely loved all the hours I spent on it. 

ATA-700x390.jpg

Edited by SCG_Vieira
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

I want to also suggest giving players a way to generate lives, transport missions seem like ideal for that. It's just silly to prevent people from playing on the server for a whole day if they screw up a bit. Dying is a big part of the game after all!

A big thanks to admins et al for arranging and upkeeping TAW. Best server bar none!

Edited by NoBigDreams

43 minutes ago, NoBigDreams said:

I want to also suggest giving players a way to generate lives, transport missions seem like ideal for that. It's just silly to prevent people from playing on the server for a whole day if they screw up a bit. Dying is a big part of the game after all!

A big thanks to admins et al for arranging and upkeeping TAW. Best server bar none!

Another idea that might be applied with a bit of programming magic is to meter in available planes or lives as the map progresses in time. If your side has burned up all the planes or lives for the given period and you have just died you wait in a queue for a new life or plane to meter in. If there are surplus lives/planes you just jump in and go. You might need to limit this to 2 or 3 lives per player in a 24 hr period in order to keep one bad pilot from killing all the assets. If a side is short on pilots/lives it will serve to keep the reckless from trashing the side's chances to win. I like the idea above of letting people wait out the cue running rubber dog crab out of Hong Kong for needy bases to generate an available plane or life.

:salute:

skud

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NoBigDreams said:

No. Stop "screwing up a bit". 

The cries of people who lost their life and bitch about it on forums is after all sole reason this server exist. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, 19FAB_Battler said:

We play the 9th card! How much more?!

A bug in the script when last map ends as a draw.

This was veeery long campaign. Thanks for all for participation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Congratulations all RED pilots with victory!

And big thanks for all BLUE pilots for great campaign!

S!

Edited by 72AG_SerWolf
  • Upvote 3

Congratulations to the red side for the winning campaign. You had the better team play. Special respect for the streak as a bomber pilot on Ala13_Antiguo.

Greeting JG4_Eisbaer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

New to the server here.  I’m really enjoying it!  Can’t say I fully understand what’s going on, but I have at least learned how to take off, navigate to ground targets and strafe them.  And fly home to land my plane!

When will a new campaign start?

Thanks for a fun server!

Chris

Edited by cmorris975

победа!

gzZB99H.jpg

Congratulations VVS for a solid victory. It was great to have 72AG on the red side this time along with great VVS squads like 19GvFAB, 2ndSS, 7GShAP, SKV and many others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

@Kathlon Awesome effort on both sides!  Game stats for hours flown by each team etc. ??? Very helpful in the post campaign analysis. Thx

3 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

A bug in the script when last map ends as a draw.

And I was already happy that there will be another map

😊😒

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, II./JG51Neumann said:

Who know when the next TAW?)

I would also like to know. TAW is always what brings me back into the game but I always realize it's started halfway through the campaign 😔

First of all, thanks for running the server, I really enjoyed the war.

I don't know how the mission description and server messages localization works, but I've noticed some messages either lacking translation to Russian, or being translated incorrectly, such as the message you recieve in the chat when you spawn on the airfield with less than one life. Are you accepting help with translation of such things?

Congratulations to the allies on their victory!

we are looking forward to the next map!

Let's support the project and throw donates at the creators!

12 минут назад, Alman008 сказал:

Let's support the project and throw donates at the creators!

i cannot select the country Russia in the credit card details for Donat transfer😨

1 hour ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

And I was already happy that there will be another map

😊😒

I am genuinely happy that it is over lol. Anyway, it was a fantastic campaign with epic come backs and fierce fights.

Congratulations VVS for a solid victory. It was great to have 72AG on the red side this time along with great VVS squads like 19GvFAB, 2ndSS, 7GShAP, SKV,LG and many others.

Спасибо всей красной стороне за отличную командную работу,

72-ой группе и "Трезвому небу", отдельная благодарность за стойкий боевой дух и сражения до победного конца!

72-ые - организация на высоте, очень приятно с вами летать.

Также благодарю синих пилотов, сражавшихся до конца, спасибо за то что вы были и давали себя сбить, ну и нас сбивали (как без этого то :) )

Еще раз всем спасибо, удачи в небе и в жизни! ;)

Thanks LG for the best server!

Thanks all for very good and interesting campaing!

Thanks all VVS side for teamwork and winning:

Thanks all LW side for good resistance, i was scared many times :)

Good luck all in flights and real life!

Thank you all once again.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Really enjoyed it this time,

Helped me kill the hours during my  lockdown!!!

Congratulations to the red team, well done on an almost complete victory.

Congrates to Ala13_UnopaUno_VR for being the only red pilot to kill me.... i never even saw you (i literally never saw you, it was like you were not there! ha ha ha)

Looking forward to the next one already..

And hopefully no pesky technochat (or **** fired on a friendly 😉).

Thanks to the LG guys, for the best server,

and especially the devs for a great sim..

Keep up the good work (and i'll keep donating! ha ha ha)

PS. dont change to much, maybe adjust the scoring/points a little, and add some German air bases on the Kerch peninsular so we can have a bit more ship action!

Until the next campaign, stay safe.........

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent server but it is sad that the Kuban map does not have ships as targets. For whom did the developers create such wonderful models of ships and submarines? My desire as a bomber pilot is to add ships next season. This will greatly diversify the number and quality of target on the Kuban map. I am not the only one who is tired of the endless assault on the same fortified areas.

Edited by Viktor33_33
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Viktor33_33 said:

Excellent server but it is sad that the Kuban map does not have ships as targets. For whom did the developers create such wonderful models of ships and submarines? My desire as a bomber pilot is to add ships next season. This will greatly diversify the number and quality of target on the Kuban map. I am not the only one who is tired of the endless assault on the same fortified areas.

Ships are included in the Kuban maps. Their stats are listed in the manual. Although, they don't spawn very often.ships.PNG.807ca27fd270d8dee3a1efe4b8ff3142.PNG

• Upvote 1