=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

6 hours ago, Pict said:

Real beginners start at the beginning and build up from there, not on the full switch servers and try to spoil them for others.

Real beginners start with TAW, they've always started with TAW! The best way to learn is hop onto the outnumbered team and "die a bunch".

As the saying goes "Smooth seas make poor sailors".

cFjiGwN.png

zMAbvIc.png

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Saumbritter said:

Real beginners start with TAW, they've always started with TAW! The best way to learn is hop onto the outnumbered team and "die a bunch".

sorry_out_of_likes.JPG.bdbb249026338dde530044cd307b6032.JPG

If it clears later, you will be 5 for 5 :good:

Edited by Pict
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Maverick_VVS said:

This is a question to TAW admins, weird logic for map advance...

Mission #635:

891719206_bandicam2020-05-2502-23-12-368.jpg.2968fd7edc1f82d103233693304ce62c.jpg

After this mission Krasnodar was taken by tanks almost 20km away without getting closer first or spread out before the final attack, and I am not even talking about the damage that was inflicted on it. Also, no trucks and arty to support the advance. Seems trucks and arty should show up at the final phase of the attack when the column gets really close to the city. So it didn't happen!

Let's compare with another scenario:

Mission 632, red tanks attacked Krasnodar.

1223125190_bandicam2020-05-2502-25-56-598.jpg.aa927571167fdb2c6497584eca2171d4.jpg

Almost the same distance between the city and tanks.

Mission 633, red tanks continue their attack getting closer spreading out and deploying trucks and arty for support...

828815179_bandicam2020-05-2502-28-08-156.jpg.aa8fcd894f5fd6489c0fbc4fb61e511b.jpg

Mission 634, red tanks still stand at the same distance from the city, continuing the attack!!!

219907696_bandicam2020-05-2502-28-22-476.jpg.d896f1333b44ff09a52d683270cb832b.jpg

And only after mission 634, red tanks took Krasnodar.

Let's sum up. 

One mission for blue tanks to take Krasnodar from ~20km.

3 (THREE) missions for red tanks to take Krasnodar from the same distance ~20km.

And I am not even talking about blue team having EXTRA 2 AFs at the beginning of this map for which we know that Kuban map favors blue team.

Are TAW admins so afraid to give another map victory to red team or what would be the reason for giving so much help to the poor blue team? Blue team should be in shame after such a victory)))

Please explain! 

I will explain starting from the end:

1. The last map is a Allied counter-offensive map (more tank convoys at the beginning of the map) so they started having less cities. The opposite situation was on the #6 Axis offensive map (Allied had more cities at the beginning). So it's fair enough. 

2. We are working on the new Kuban map which will be much more balanced. 

3. Allied attack on Krasnodar:

#632 tanks 24km from the city in a straight line (all vehicles on the road in a convoy). Enemy defense 100%.

#633 tanks advanced by 21,6 km and are 7,1km from the city (separate tanks, truck and artillery). Enemy defense still 100% so they didn't attacked after the mission but waited for the air support who should attack enemy defense. (if enemy defense is more than 70% then tanks wait one mission before the attack)

#634 tanks are at the same position. Enemy defense 96%!!!

#635 Krasnodar was captured after long and bloody battle (almost all tanks had been destroyed). The probability of the capturing enemy city with almost full defense is really low, but here they did it. 

4. Axis attack on Krasnodar:

#635 tanks 19km from the city in a straight line (all vehicles on the road in a convoy). Enemy defense only 30%. Convoy had been attacked but not enough. One more destroyed vehicle and it would have advanced much slower in the next mission.

#636 tanks advanced by 26 km and were able to attack weak enemy defense and capture the city.

5. Tanks aren't moved by the same distance all the time. There is also a random factor.

If you still think there is something unfair let me know. 

• Thanks 6

Can someone explain me how I could be killed by 72AG Tarantul while his stats page is running the countdown of time penalty (some 17 hours and 10 minutes or so at the moment of kill). I'm not angry regarding that I was shot down. I really have no problem with that. But how is it even possible to fly under time penalty?

Thanks for info and no offense to you Tarantul :)

1 minute ago, =LG=Kathon said:

2. We are working on the new Kuban map which will be much more balanced.

That's good news, looking forward to that.

2 minutes ago, JG1_Pragr said:

Can someone explain me how I could be killed by 72AG Tarantul while his stats page is running the countdown of time penalty (some 17 hours and 10 minutes or so at the moment of kill). I'm not angry regarding that I was shot down. I really have no problem with that. But how is it even possible to fly under time penalty?

Thanks for info and no offense to you Tarantul :)

It's possible to fly with time penalty if your side is lower than the enemy side (it's for the balance reason)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

If you still think there is something unfair let me know. 

I appreciate your explanation! 

Is there any hard-coded value for the longest distance that the attacking tank column can advance during one mission?

Please, take it into consideration when you work on the Kuban map improvement because if counterattack is deployed immediately in next mission and close to that AF, it requires from a team on defense a real hard job to repel the attack and keep the city.

Thank you again Kathon for sharing the details. It helps a lot to better understand how it works.

6 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

It's possible to fly with time penalty if your side is lower than the enemy side (it's for the balance reason)

Strange. The numbers were pretry much even during second hour of that particular mission, mostly in favour to Soviets. When I was shot down, the German side was in fact at way lower numbers ( like 12 vs 19 or so). Anyhow, thanks for explanation.

5 hours ago, JG1_Pragr said:

Strange. The numbers were pretry much even during second hour of that particular mission, mostly in favour to Soviets. When I was shot down, the German side was in fact at way lower numbers ( like 12 vs 19 or so). Anyhow, thanks for explanation.

It just looks like he took off when the blue had a numerical advantage. Then it disappeared, but this pilot was already in the air

This is a very good rule, it allows you to come to the aid of your team, even having a time penalty and smooths out the inequality of players' forces.
Having a fine you cannot take off when your team is in the majority.

11 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

One more destroyed vehicle and it would have advanced much slower in the next mission.

How many vehicles do we need to destroy in order for the tank convoy to slow down its movement?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It is very interesting to understand the mechanics of what is happening on the map.

25.05.2020 в 12:53, SPEEDWULF77 сказал:

My proposal would be :

Implement some kind of Message for friendly players (means...for those without TS !!) 

" In 10 Min START in Krasn...  Bombers and Attackers going to attack defence in Misk..."

" In 15 Min reaching Target 1026"

" 3 Friendly Attackers at 2035 flying north , Alt 3 K "

"Combat firing at 2036"

" Got injured at 2335 "

It is dangerous to write in a team chat, due to the fact that some of the second accounts are monitoring team message for intercept target, or a friend playing on the blue side can tell the second friend on the red side information from the chat, the same is true in the reverse order.
Join in taw ts or ask for access to ts of any allied squad, who more often flies with you at the same time.
Without voice communication, flying is hard and bad. While you are writing to the chat that they are attacking you, instead of leaving the line of attack, you will already be killed :)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

It is dangerous to write in a team chat, due to the fact that some of the second accounts are monitoring team message for intercept target, or a friend playing on the blue side can tell the second friend on the red side information from the chat, the same is true in the reverse order.
Join in taw ts or ask for access to ts of any allied squad, who more often flies with you at the same time.
Without voice communication, flying is hard and bad. While you are writing to the chat that they are attacking you, instead of leaving the line of attack, you will already be killed :)

That's is 100% correct and a Reason why Blue Teamplay is so bad. 

11 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

That's is 100% correct and a Reason why Blue Teamplay is so bad. 

That's 100% correct and Reason why Red Teamplay is so bad. Are you a troll? Come on dude.

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Are you a troll? Come on dude.

My guess would be, that Widu commented in the Combatbox Thread by mistake.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

Without voice communication, flying is hard and bad. While you are writing to the chat that they are attacking you, instead of leaving the line of attack, you will already be killed

....hmm   I understand ...maybe i still havent  realized that we are in a "War"  and not a fairplay game , or lets say ; i think most people are correct , but a single or few need to take every possiblity to cheat for winning...

Yes .. think you are 100% right..   havent thought about this.. but in this case also i wouldn`t be surprised that someone is in TEAMSPEAK  and at the same time passing permanently messages ( with another messagesystem ) to the "enemy" about ....well ... EVERYTHING ...           

A   SPY   

.. so if someone wants to cheat  he can do it by "hearing" in TS or by "reading" in chat

as i said... I personally fly, beeing in the same room as my wife watching tV ,  TS doesn t work for me .. TAW with all its Rules is GREAT but in this way doesn `t give Fun...

In WOL Teamplay giving messages to other works little better than in Taw , allthough it also really sucks , at least most of the time , because many just ask..."where is the action" in a hartmann solo flight... at least specially in the Blue Team. But sometimes with certain Persons you can really have great Success in short time giving good information in chat.

i ll think abou it ... finally i judt have to "hear"..

but i think i am not the only one ,like many of you "cracks"   ....   lot of discussion about low population and about removing rules and so on , something that in my opinion should NOT because it makes TAW so special and thrilling  , specially the great  3 Live rule   but ..

But solo flights witout knowing where your teammates are , where they want too  etc   its no fun ...and from the 2000 registered Pilots how many join TS ?

.. and than they say (like me)  ,... hmm flying alone as fighter got killed, ban , no live no fun   and than they say (NOT ME !!) ..."...Oh please remove 3 live rule so i can f... around no matter how, playing 100 times kamikaze.."

Edited by SPEEDWULF77

1 минуту назад, -=RedS=-Str1ke сказал:

Server stped?

A minor update for the game came out acouple of hours ago.

On 5/25/2020 at 11:53 AM, SPEEDWULF77 said:

My Perspective:

for people like me (and i am sure iam not the only one) ...  I dont use TEAMSPEAK and iam not in a Squad or with wingman !

( in the past i used to and it ended that my wingman endet with his "MACHINE" (see Photo) at the balcony in winter with a heater under his feet, because our wifes couldnt stand/hear our conversations anymore: " SIX;SIX SIX or LOW, run , 2 oclock , whereare you!!! and so on..." ) 

You are not the only one by a long way, but some of us have a different way of dealing with the problem...when I'm on Team Speak, my wife wears earphones if she's going to watch the TV because she doesn't like the idea of being on the balcony ;) 

• Haha 1

Waht I want to say is, that we need biger

Squads and lot of single Pilots in one Comms. 

Teamspeak

For better communication and speak over taktical nesessary stuff. 

Many free Pilots have no Idea waht it's better do to in always changing strategy and taktical staff. 

For example:Airfield attacks and Defend

Posted (edited)

It still comes down to a trust issue as even "Comms" (I assume you meant stuff like TS) doesn't guarantee that your not going to get spied on by "single Pilots" as you can never be 100% sure who you've hooked up with.

I got to flying with a guy for a bit on TS and he directed me to his location at one point saying there was some action to be had, then he disconnected only to reconnected for the other side. I smelt a rat and bugged out, but I could have been done in over it.

I'm not in a squad, but the same applies where squads must be reluctant to trust random single players on their comms. Which I think is understandable, even though I would really like to fly along with them given the chance.

All up it's a difficult problem to find a solution to and one that was nowhere near as prolific at the time in real life.

Swapping sides mid campaign or mid mission as some do is not something I do myself and not something I like to see other do as I feel it on contributes to this problem. And it certainly wasn't an option during WW2.

Edited by Pict

2 hours ago, Pict said:

It still comes down to a trust issue as even "Comms" (I assume you meant stuff like TS) doesn't guarantee that your not going to get spied on by "single Pilots" as you can never be 100% sure who you've hooked up with.

Why not use TeamSpeaks WhisperLists? What baffles me is why so few people use it. I so frequently see 10+ people crammed into one channel all talking over each other. It lets you have secure communications with anyone on the TS3 server, whether or not they are in the same channel with you.

Ez7bnMH.png

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Saumbritter said:

It lets you have secure communications with anyone on the TS3 server

I'm sure the whisper list is useful, but my point wasn't about have secure comms with people, but more about having comms with secure people :) 

PS., I just looked at you profile and you have made 6 posts since you joined in March 2016, not including the last 2 you've made that were in the last 24hrs or so, that 4 posts in 6 years+ which is an average of less than one post per year.

That would be impressive on it's own, but as you have quoted me in the last 2 posts it fires my imagination.

What's the go, are you a fan? or what? :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Saumbritter said:

Why not use TeamSpeaks WhisperLists?

@SPEEDWULF77 's wife might find that feature useful, till he gets her a pair of headphones for the TV :music:

Edited by Pict

Honnestly I think people are overblowing this issue of spying from the otherside's TS. I don't think it is so widespread and even if ennemy can intercept a few coms he still needs to find you in the air and be there in an advantagous position.  And you could use some realworld procedure to mitigate this using codenames for objectives or referencing to a codenamed landmark or bullseye.

(then some poeple are so pathetic here that they try to secure everysingle smallest advantage that they can get ... even if destroys everybody's fun)

As a lonewolf player, I really think there should be either a SRS for TAW or at least a general 'blue' and 'red' channel on the TAW TS, for random lone wolf pilot to coordinate. it makes no sense that there is only channels for specific squadrons.

Communication between pilots here outside virtual wings is quite low i find compared to similar server I could experience in other sims.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, [301]luckyhendrix said:

Honnestly I think people are overblowing this issue of spying from the otherside's TS

Hardly "overblowing" it, simply pointing out that it's a potential problem because it's known to happen.

Like you say it's easy enough to work around it, but like anything else you feel the need to work around, you first have to recognize the need to do so. As I said, it's not something I would do myself, but it doesn't bother me too much that a few people do. Rather than get wound up about it, I tend to find it funny, in a hopeless way.

But once again it's something to be aware of especially when debating solutions for comms. Which is the context that it was brought up in, nobody was overstating it.

Anyhow secure comms makes little difference when dealing with insecure people :) 

Edited by Pict

On 5/25/2020 at 11:32 AM, [301]luckyhendrix said:

Maybe TAW could reorganize the TS ? it seems to me there isn't really channel on TAW TS that are suitable for the 'lonewolf' flying red or blue that would wish to coordinates with team mates. All channels are divided by squadrons rather. Or maybe TAW could implement Simple radio System(  SRS) from DCS and assign a 'common freq' for each side in the briefing ? 

8 hours ago, [301]luckyhendrix said:

As a lonewolf player, I really think there should be either a SRS for TAW or at least a general 'blue' and 'red' channel on the TAW TS, for random lone wolf pilot to coordinate. it makes no sense that there is only channels for specific squadrons.

Have you ever been on TAW TS at least one time? I don't think so... 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Spying on chat goes to the category of unbelievable things people do to win a match in a computer game :lol:

Edited by LLv24_Zami
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, =L/R=todchenko said:

That's what I was thinking, as there are plenty of non squad channels available on the TAW TS.

11 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Spying on chat goes to the category of unbelievable things people do for win a match in a computer game :lol:

Indeed, it'd take more than a few short post to overstate that or overblow it or whatever :cool:

==================

I never understood the logic behind letting people have more than one account and be able to switch sides as they please. I reckon if everyone had to pick a side at the start of the campaign and stick with it, much of that silliness would evaporate. 

1 hour ago, =L/R=todchenko said:

Honestly no, I just tried to connected once and stayed 2min. Because I see the overlay on the TAW website with the channels& people connected. And I was wondering should I join ? And by looking at it it didn't seem to me that there was a place for me as a lonewolf pilot ? I didn't know in which channel to go? The one time I went I didn't dare to go into a squad's channel as it felt like intruding and in the other channel there were just people speaking german ?

Sorry, but it is just my view now as a 'noob' on this server and with my experience coming from other places. Maybe it is flawed( it probably is- and I wil try again and maybe it will change my opinion). But I think it is important to look at how TAW looks from the 'outside' and how it can attract new players and create more dynamic gameplay.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

That's the saddest thing I've ever read in this thread. Do people really do that? Anyway, well done, that's the reason why many squads like us stopped coordinating with other squads using chat.

Worse teamplay, worse experience for both teams, less fun, but more chance of winning the map... so sad.

Hello everyone

Can somebody tell me, where i can find a conditions for destroys ground targets?

I mean, what I must to destroy on point of defense line for close it? All guns, armoured vehicles, tanks, trucks, may be some tower or buildings?

And for artillery point? I suppose only all anti-tanks guns, or I wrong?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, [301]luckyhendrix said:

Sorry, but it is just my view now as a 'noob' on this server and with my experience coming from other places. Maybe it is flawed( it probably is- and I wil try again and maybe it will change my opinion). But I think it is important to look at how TAW looks from the 'outside' and how it can attract new players and create more dynamic gameplay.

TAW has been on the go for quite a while and has been developed to what it is now by a great bunch of guys who put their own time and money into it, with a little help from others. They listen to what people who use their server have to say and sometimes change things. Either way they take the time to explain their choices and that's the bottom line...it's their choice.

If you have a suggestion, put it forward in a structured fashion and if it makes sense people will debate it with, possible even they guys who run the server and possible they might implement you ideas. But if it's like your comments above, few people will take you seriously.

I don't think they need to "attract new players" as for the last few campaigns the biggest problem at peak times was getting onto the server because it was full. Getting on was a case of waiting in line for somebody to quit.

========================

The more I look around the boards here recently, the more I see an effort on some peoples part to push the guys who provide TAW  around and try to force their ideas on them. I think that a poor show when we consider how much TAW has given everyone here for so long.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61287-why-are-you-not-flying-taw-north-american-time-zone-players/

Here's a guy who wants to push his ideas on them like he's someone important to the whole thing.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:58 AM, Talon_ said:

I gotta say guys from one server admin to another... 

Yet by his own admission he doesn't even fly on TAW or want to.

Talon_TAW.JPG.0f7bb00b08843cb2ae39eb8050b8b0cd.JPG

Which is no surprise, as he doesn't have BOS and without it he lacks the Stalingrad map which is a major part of TAW and many of the aircraft used throughout the rest of the campaign.

It's understandable that some people who prefer the western front scenario would have only bought BOM for the P-40, Macchi & 109's and missed out on BOS, yet bought BOK. P-39, Boston and more Luftwaffles.

But it make no logical sense why such a person would then take aim at a fellow "server admin" who runs a predominantly ostfront server and try to push them into changing their way of doing things.

Edited by Pict
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Pict said:

The more I look around the boards here recently, the more I see an effort on some peoples part to push the guys who provide TAW  around and try to force their ideas on them. I think that a poor show when we consider how much TAW has given everyone here for so long.

You view it that way but I that is not my goal at all.

Just trying to provide some feedback, I am not asking for anything to be changed , just discussing . But all I feel is a lot of negativity and hostility from you.

I find the concept of TAW very interesting and I am gratefull for it to exist. But commenting & discussing ideas about it doesn't mean I want to " push the guys who provide TAW  around and try to force their ideas on them". you are projecting your toughts on me here

Edited by [301]luckyhendrix
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pict said:

Which is no surprise, as he doesn't have BOS and without it he lacks the Stalingrad map which is a major part of TAW and many of the aircraft used throughout the rest of the campaign.

You might consider eating those words: 

image.png.cd493e6589708743a65df4f4582be767.png

Here's footage from some past TAW strikes I lead with my squadron and friends:

https://streamable.com/0ogii6

https://gfycat.com/alarmingassuredcranefly

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, [301]luckyhendrix said:

But all I feel is a lot of negativity and hostility from you.

Sorry you feel that way as it's not intentional.

I'm simply defending the guys who put the effort in around here.

19 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

You might consider eating those words: 

Not at all, it's you who needs to make your mind up :)  You may well have flown TAW in the past, but according to your own post I quoted with the screen above, you don't fly it now and don't appear to want to.

Also, BOS doesn't show on the forum under you name and that's the only info anyone here has to know.

If you don't don't like it, nobody is forcing you to fly on it.

Edited by Pict

Posted (edited)

98ea86c4f5031208056ead5920f816d1.png

This was an especially fun depot raid.

26 minutes ago, Pict said:

Not at all, it's you who needs to make your mind up :) 

You call my character into question and subsequently allege demonstrable falsehoods. Not a great look.

Combat Box didn't exist when we were flying these TAW sorties, but a large number of the aircraft in those videos and pictures contained a future member of the Combat Box admin staff or founders team. We created the server because we were able to identify a need within the IL-2 userbase for a new way of thinking. CB is so much more than a Western planeset and map.

It's built on accessibility as a primary driver. I appreciate that TAW is not attempting to be the most accessible server on the list - and that is absolutely fine - however as I've said before in the thread, I have some concerns that the choices being made are not necessarily going to have healthy consequences for overall population. There is a limit to how hardcore you can make a server if you want to attract a wide enough variety of pilots. I was concerned given that polls like the one you quoted already exist - questioning the lack of participation in TAW.

I definitely do not want TAW to die - Todchenko and I had a lengthy Discord discussion about it the other night and it was very cordial. Combat Box and TAW do not compete.

If either of our servers "die" it sucks for the community as a whole. I want TAW to be there for when I don't feel like flying Combat Box at some point. I'm giving my feedback as a member of the multiplayer community, but also as an admin who has had to make very similar decisions impacting his own server. Alternate Visibility was a good example - we ran A/B testing for a couple of weeks and took regular polls from the community both inside CB's Discord but also from the wider IL-2 community as a whole in order to best gauge what players wanted - both the ones that already played with us, and those who might choose to in future.

I'm honestly not sure why you have such a problem with me Pict. TAW administration is welcome to listen/ignore my feedback just as they are any other player.

@=L/R=todchenko thanks again for the discussion on Discord, I'm sorry to bring up CB in your thread again but I felt it necessary to defend myself in this instance. I don't plan on talking about it anymore. :salute:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't like the ratio of non-TAW content I just had to write, so here's a clip I put together of some of my favourite TAW moments back in 2018 :)

Edited by Talon_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

I don't plan on talking about it anymore

Fair enough :) 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Pict said:

TAW has been on the go for quite a while and has been developed to what it is now by a great bunch of guys who put their own time and money into it, with a little help from others. They listen to what people who use their server have to say and sometimes change things. Either way they take the time to explain their choices and that's the bottom line...it's their choice.

If you have a suggestion, put it forward in a structured fashion and if it makes sense people will debate it with, possible even they guys who run the server and possible they might implement you ideas. But if it's like your comments above, few people will take you seriously.

I don't think they need to "attract new players" as for the last few campaigns the biggest problem at peak times was getting onto the server because it was full. Getting on was a case of waiting in line for somebody to quit.

========================

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61287-why-are-you-not-flying-taw-north-american-time-zone-players/

Here's a guy who wants to push his ideas on them like he's someone important to the whole thing.

Yet by his own admission he doesn't even fly on TAW or want to.

Talon_TAW.JPG.0f7bb00b08843cb2ae39eb8050b8b0cd.JPG

It's understandable that some people who prefer the western front scenario would have only bought BOM for the P-40, Macchi & 109's and missed out on BOS, yet bought BOK. P-39, Boston and more Luftwaffles.

But it make no logical sense why such a person would then take aim at a fellow "server admin" who runs a predominantly ostfront server and try to push them into changing their way of doing things.

Haha I know right. For someone who hasn´t flown this eastern front TAW nor the last eastern front before, he sure seems to know what the atmosphere has been like and tries to force his way on the server admins. I think he ought to take a look at the numbers of TAW on the first 4 Maps. Its normal that ppl are not flying as you get burnt out after while and that  I think is the main issue. It has been somewhat balanced that the maps drag ooon for more than a week.. Unless you are diehard like Hardekoning, Tarantul or Prancingkiller who btw probably have more hours in one TAW than this guy logs in a year, you are probably going to fly way less in the later maps.

Edited by ACG_Vietkong
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

IHow many vehicles do we need to destroy in order for the tank convoy to slow down its movement?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It is very interesting to understand the mechanics of what is happening on the map.

At the moment 12 or more, but I plan to add random factor so it will be e.g. 10-14 in a future

1 hour ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

Hello everyone

Can somebody tell me, where i can find a conditions for destroys ground targets?

I mean, what I must to destroy on point of defense line for close it? All guns, armoured vehicles, tanks, trucks, may be some tower or buildings?

And for artillery point? I suppose only all anti-tanks guns, or I wrong?

Defense:

- AT and tanks (about 50% of total strenght)

- armored vehicles/BM13 (about 35%)

- dugout that are are connected to each other by dark corridor (15%).

image.png.d841b2142e5cf5e2cc1e354c86824417.png

Artillery: all 9 artillery guns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 1

On the server settings subject, i'm all for technochat OFF. TAW is the most hardcore server, i'd like it to remain like that. Also i'd like next edition to take a while and apply those changes before it starts, the longer the wait, the more eager people is to fly it after so many repetitive servers with fixed targets and no dynamic system.

It's great to know Kuban maps will finally be tweaked. And also as current TAW it's about to oficially end (it ended for most of us after map #5 when the outcome was decided) would be nice if admins take into consideration what Riksen proposed regarding statistics and prizes, IMO most if not all (check the support that post has) TAW community is on the same page here=> 

Those Enkas or Kuznechik prizes should not be given to pilots with 0 deaths anymore; rewarding that kind of flying is way off TAW essence; pilots commited with the campaign flying many hours from map #1 to the end who sometimes get KIA are usually way more important and useful than guys worried about no losing a single virtual life and by this TAW rewards guys who usually are irrelevant or do little for the campaign outcome; again, it's fine if they want to approach it like that, to each it's own, but TAW server shouldn't promote or reward that type of flying. 

All things proposed in the linked post are great, and have a unanimous support by TAW community no matter what side people fly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Thanks all for a good campaign overall!  I think the team balance was almost as good as we have got so far, with maybe just 1 of the higher scoring clans on blue, it would have been peak balance.

Well played to all Red for the brilliant comms and teamwork. Well played to all Blue for the excellent big Airfield raids, very impressive to see ~20 planes coming in!

Looking forward to the next one!  

You know we will start getting annoying and asking 😄 another EF or another Boden next?

Cheers!

Edited by [GCA]T1m270
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pict said:

The more I look around the boards here recently, the more I see an effort on some peoples part to push the guys who provide TAW  around and try to force their ideas on them.

Well then it's a good thing those poor helpless damsels who run TAW have a white knight like you to watch out for them!

It's a discussion board Pict, we all share our opinions of what we think TAW should be like.

• Haha 1