=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

1 hour ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Germankill is our skilled and very correct pilot...he suffered about several disconnection ( like me) but not caused by his intention..I know many other suffered a lot of disco today

This is no excuse. He had no internet problems when he was at my 6 and he started to have problems when i was at his 6?. Did you watch track i attached? This is a clear disco to prevent losing his streak, he was very far from his lines. Skv_Atochi claims this happened to him too, when he is at ITAF_Germankill 6, he disconects. After he disconected he rejoined the server. I warned him i was going to post this at forums and after that he faked 2 more disconections and left 1 minute after take off, but we didn't see any server message before he disconections so he is not very good at lying. He has already two complaints about disconecting when someone is at his six ready to shoot him down. @=LG=Kathon if you don't punish this actions people will never stop doing it.

ITAF_Rani i don't see an user called Germankill in your squadron lineup at your website, and i don't see Germankill in any other server like Wings of Liberty. Is he a new member or he has another nickname? What is his real nickname?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

Well admittedly I'm a bit of a special case. I'm in a rural area running on Point-to-point cell tower internet. It's always been a bit touch and go. 

Unfortunately, (fortunately?) I don't have the luxury of urban fiber networks with huge capacity. 

I'm on simple cable here.  Still fast as I need.   

The US is a bit of an oddity for sure.  It could be said that we have world-class network in some areas, and we have worst-in-the-world network in other areas.

My service is middle-of-the-road and I've noticed no difference.  

I can see how cell internet is a bit different and less reliable - especially since the weather doesn't seem to match the season this year.  

Edited by 69th_Mobile_BBQ

Just now, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

I'm on simple cable here.  Still fast as I need.   

The US is a bit of an oddity for sure.  It could be said that while we have world-class network in some areas, and we have worst-in-the-world network in other areas.

My service is middle-of-the-road and I've noticed no difference.  

I can see how cell internet is a bit different and less reliable - especially since the weather doesn't seem to match the season this year.  

Yep, grew up in the suburbs with cable internet. Never had internet issues like I do here. The network is generally pretty overloaded to begin with (too many customers jammed onto each tower), with many people staying home, it's much worse. 

Fingers crossed they run a fiber line down my concession someday soon. There is literally a road about 1km down the road from me that has a fiber line. I can see it out my window across our field!

5 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

Yep, grew up in the suburbs with cable internet. Never had internet issues like I do here. The network is generally pretty overloaded to begin with (too many customers jammed onto each tower), with many people staying home, it's much worse. 

Fingers crossed they run a fiber line down my concession someday soon. There is literally a road about 1km down the road from me that has a fiber line. I can see it out my window across our field!

I feel your pain. I am out in a rural area and have wireless-tower internet as well. It makes for atrocious ping rates to a lot of servers - at one point even Combat Box in NA was almost 100. Now it is 35-40 mostly. We will likely never have fiber, but better bandwidth for the towers is apparently coming. 

7 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

God, that's like a sane man staring out of the window of an asylum at the free, green field outside. :(   

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

exactly soec

Primary objective is the same than finally objective... i mean win map?

I think yes, in this case, dont exist concrete primary objective.... or if you want, your best way to win map is your primary objective.

Ok, then, I hope I don't ever see anyone killing his own tanks for winning the map :)

Be aware Soec , all is posible on this place. :)

Autokill tanks, off course is a option.... 

.... and disconnect every time you are close to be defeated is another good option... This ITAF_Germankill is really suspicius.

Why not?

Who matter fair play ?

Lately... TAW becomes a bit toxic place.

12 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

Be aware Soec , all is posible on this place. :)

Autokill tanks, off course is a option.... 

.... and disconnect every time you are close to be defeated is another good option... This ITAF_Germankill is really suspicius.

Why not?

Who matter fair play ?

Lately... TAW becomes a bit toxic place.

I don't know... I've also found a Pe2 and one A20 disco when I was intercepting them... but that's not common, it's quite rare and in any case I stopped their attack to the depots so it's fine. I don't think TAW can do much more with that issue. Like chute killing, is something that you only notice in the rival team.

However, I think that using 'exploits' of the rules can be avoided. I plan a coordinated attack to destroy an enemy tank column protected by huge AAA and red fighters to kill the same tanks as 2 IL2 alone far in the front, with ridiculous AAA, attacking indefensible front random troops. Now I understand the results. Anyway, the main issue is, who will care about main targets then? It's all about killing the tanks in the random positions, then you can just 99% win or draw the map.

I don't know, but imho, those tanks shouldn't count in the tanks limit, this will focus people into the real TAW targets. If we were in a full server all the time could be different. And I'm not saying this because I'm flying blue (I flew it and I'll fly red next), I don't care about winning or losing the taw, I care about making it more interesting and avoiding weird scenarios like killing your own tanks or exploiting gaps in the rules. Of course it's fair, of course I can do it too, but I don't think this is the objective here.

6 hours ago, Airshow_Flyer said:

I want to report to administrators an intentional disconection by ITAF_Germankill. I find very bad a pilot uses this tricks to keep a streak and 0 deaths. He attacked me near Stalingrad Shkolniy aerodrome and when he lose his advantage i catch him and when he sees i'm about to shoot he disconects. Punish this actions please.

This is the track: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4625eunkhg1ya48/ITAF_Germankill_Disco.rar/file
Logfile: https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=89055&name=ITAF_Germankill

I know ITAF is very respected people but i never heard of this Germankiller before. Shame on you.

Hahaha the cockpitless astronaut, when he gets caught pulls the cable. Someone give this brave pilot a medal

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, E69_Soec said:

However, I think that using 'exploits' of the rules can be avoided. I plan a coordinated attack to destroy an enemy tank column protected by huge AAA and red fighters to kill the same tanks as 2 IL2 alone far in the front, with ridiculous AAA, attacking indefensible front random troops. Now I understand the results. Anyway, the main issue is, who will care about main targets then? It's all about killing the tanks in the random positions, then you can just 99% win or draw the map.

I don't know, but imho, those tanks shouldn't count in the tanks limit, this will focus people into the real TAW targets. If we were in a full server all the time could be different. And I'm not saying this because I'm flying blue (I flew it and I'll fly red next), I don't care about winning or losing the taw, I care about making it more interesting and avoiding weird scenarios like killing your own tanks or exploiting gaps in the rules. Of course it's fair, of course I can do it too, but I don't think this is the objective here.

You realize that blue can do the same yes? I attacked random units quite a bit early this taw as a blue attacker and so did many others. If both team can do it I don't see how it affects balance.. And by getting those tanks you are not delaying the real tank advances so it has major drawbacks of using this as a useful strategy.

You understand the results? If you think that affected  this campaign you are a fool, the thing to understand was most good ground attack squad were flying red and doing a superb job covering their is-2s, oh i mean il-2s but pretty sure they have same armor now lol.

I personally love the random units, and I think there should be a lot more of hidden objectives on the map. Such as important bridges, convoys,.. especially in the backlines ( or that most objectives are hidden and you must fly recon to spot them oh yesss).

• Like 1

8 часов назад, Airshow_Flyer сказал:

I want to report to administrators an intentional disconection by ITAF_Germankill. I find very bad a pilot uses this tricks to keep a streak and 0 deaths. He attacked me near Stalingrad Shkolniy aerodrome and when he lose his advantage i catch him and when he sees i'm about to shoot he disconects. Punish this actions please.

This is the track: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4625eunkhg1ya48/ITAF_Germankill_Disco.rar/file

I know ITAF is very respected people but i never heard of this Germankiller before. Shame on you.

http://taw-server.de/ru/pilot_sortie.php?id=83568&name=ITAF_Germankill - дисканулся во время атаки.

Он проатаковал меня. Мой напарник сел ему на "6" и он вышел из игры. Не знаю - это намеренно или специально. Но раз это не в первый раз))))

diskenesia during the attack.

He attacked me. My partner sat on his "6" and he quit the game. I don't know if this is intentional or deliberate. But this isn't the first time)))).

Скрытый текст

Пишу через переводчик. Если не правильно то извините! I write through a translator. If not correctly then sorry!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

SV7_Vase

Seems u are surprise about this performance. 40 Tanks killed by 3 pilots in 2 hours.

2 are main factors.

Level skill of pilots Who attack tanks

Level skill of pilots who deffend tanks.

In this case 19Fab are really skilled pilots.

Me for example have a less level... and i can kill 6/8 tanks in a single sortie. In 2 sorties are 12/16 tanks, 3 pilots like me can kill easy 36/48 tanks...

The next question is... Who was defending this columns.?

:)

my qustions are

why random groups are different on blue and red? (postet a screeshot of a german randon group)

where did  3 Fab19 guys found over 40 light tanks in 2 hours?

does SdKfz count as a light tank or as a truck?

does the kill count has an effect on overall win situation?

45 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

You realize that blue can do the same yes? I attacked random units quite a bit early this taw as a blue attacker and so did many others. If both team can do it I don't see how it affects balance.. And by getting those tanks you are not delaying the real tank advances so it has major drawbacks of using this as a useful strategy.

2 hours ago, E69_Soec said:

And I'm not saying this because I'm flying blue (I flew it and I'll fly red next), I don't care about winning or losing the taw, I care about making it more interesting and avoiding weird scenarios like killing your own tanks or exploiting gaps in the rules. Of course it's fair, of course I can do it too, but I don't think this is the objective here.

48 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

You understand the results? If you think that affected  this campaign you are a fool, the thing to understand was most good ground attack squad were flying red and doing a superb job covering their is-2s, oh i mean il-2s but pretty sure they have same armor now lol.

I don't think I'm a fool, if blues lost a map and draw other by tanks limit and 2 reds can kill 20 tanks / 2h... well. I think it's a factor, at least, to be considered. But stop treating me as if I was complaining because my team lost TAW, I give a shit. I just mention what I consider would improve the experience, that's it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SV7_Vase said:

my qustions are

why random groups are different on blue and red? (postet a screeshot of a german randon group)

where did  3 Fab19 guys found over 40 light tanks in 2 hours?

does SdKfz count as a light tank or as a truck?

does the kill count has an effect on overall win situation?

- random units are same : 3 aaa's , 2 light tanks, some trucks, some katyusha's for the russians and some halftracks for the germans

- in game, when you destroy a german halftrack, it counts as a "light tank" in your in-game stats

- in TAW, when you destroy a german halftrack it does NOT count as a tank in the TAW statistics - which are the ones that matter

- russian random units have 5-6 katyusha's or so. I presume german random units have same amount of halftracks. --> Destroying one random german unit gives you therefore 7-8 "light tanks" in the in-game stats, but only 2 tanks in the TAW stats

Edited by =FSB=HandyNasty
added last point
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Airshow_Flyer said:

ITAF_Rani i don't see an user called Germankill in your squadron lineup at your website, and i don't see Germankill in any other server like Wings of Liberty. Is he a new member or he has another nickname? What is his real nickname

Terminator

36 minutes ago, E69_Soec said:

I don't think I'm a fool, if blues lost a map and draw other by tanks limit and 2 reds can kill 20 tanks / 2h... well. I think it's a factor, at least, to be considered. But stop treating me as if I was complaining because my team lost TAW, I give a shit. I just mention what I consider would improve the experience, that's it.

Blues tied ONE map this way, and we tied because WE killed their tanks. It's the same on both sides... This is getting ridiculous..

Next episode find out german have defence positions that have TANKS  and its biased because russian kills them and we lose to tank attrition 😢 😢 😢 .

1 hour ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

- random units are same : 3 aaa's , 2 light tanks, some trucks, some katyusha's for the russians and some halftracks for the germans

- in game, when you destroy a german halftrack, it counts as a "light tank" in your in-game stats

- in TAW, when you destroy a german halftrack it does NOT count as a tank in the TAW statistics - which are the ones that matter

- russian random units have 5-6 katyusha's or so. I presume german random units have same amount of halftracks. --> Destroying one random german unit gives you therefore 7-8 "light tanks" in the in-game stats, but only 2 tanks in the TAW stats

sorry, cant see AAA there.. thx for other answers 

3.jpg

this is your random defence?

random troops will trigger when enemy is close and will spawn aaa only after trigger

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

I personally love the random units, and I think there should be a lot more of hidden objectives on the map. Such as important bridges, convoys,.. especially in the backlines ( or that most objectives are hidden and you must fly recon to spot them oh yesss).

Yes, agreed.

Question: to prevent the random units from messaging their side whenever you are near, do you need to destroy all the units in the group or just a specific unit?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Airshow_Flyer said:

shB3Q2bP4ZkIyZRJk6bHlhvELDSh7gfMKySTS0LS

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, NoBigDreams said:

I like to play ground attack, and you often die in that role no matter how well you do it.

It's absolutely possible to fly ground attack and survive. You just need to think tactically and not dive in on a wing and a prayer. 

I took a break from TAW for awhile because I was a frustrated dedicated ground attacker who wanted to be a fighter pilot. Flew fighters on Virtual Pilots and had fun for a bit...but...being able to jump back into the cockpit again after death after death after death made me realize how much I enjoy TAW's life system. It forces you to think about things and not just rotate and wing it. It adds personal consequences to your actions, and a little bit of stress 😁 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

17 часов назад, SV7_Vase сказал:

seem Fab19 attak only random group because there are often only light tanks in their sortie statistic..u dont neet skill for that kind of job ;)

If you work on ground targets, the principle is: quickly dropped and fled, doing many quick races for one goal, then you can ignore the partisan groups.
But if you, how we work on targets (defensive positions, tanks in the field and on the road) for 5-10 minutes, and around these same positions are close to 1-2-3 groups of partisans who open fire on you with each combat turn then their destruction is mandatory. Not only do we work most often with the superiority of the blue side, but also the danger of being shot down by nearby partisans while working on a convoy of vehicles, tanks or defense - is not acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

Really nice operation...

Can I ask you how many attacker and how many fighter were involved in this?

And also which programme do you use for communicate (TS, discord, Srs, ecc...)

Thank you!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 час назад, ITAF_Airone1989 сказал:

Really nice operation...

Can I ask you how many attacker and how many fighter were involved in this?

And also which programme do you use for communicate (TS, discord, Srs, ecc...)

Thank you!

It was 10 ILs, 7 fighters, used two TS (19 and 72), and two signalmen, who coordinate all groups between teamspeak servers.

Edited by =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor
  • Like 2

I should have landed in Kachalinskaya, but by mistake landed in Peskovatka. The landing was counted as DITCHED and the plane was lost. But the plane was absolutely serviceable, the engines were running, there was only minor damage from anti-aircraft guns and I could easily get to Kachalinskaya if I knew about the error. Is it possible to change the settings so that such planes are not lost? I have to get the plane back after a while, that's right, but landing on a nearby friendly airfield is not a loss of the plane, as if it were shot down?

11 hours ago, WokeUpBlue said:

Question: to prevent the random units from messaging their side whenever you are near, do you need to destroy all the units in the group or just a specific unit?

I've heard people debate whether or not the notifications still come even after you destroy all of the units, as the notification might be a separate task written into the mission editor, and has nothing to do with the units that happen to be there.  Hopefully this is not the case though.

• Upvote 2

On 12.05.2020 at 16:17, SV7_Vase said:

Кажется, Fab19 атакует только случайную группу, потому что в их статистике выслеживания часто бывают только легкие танки .. у вас нет навыков для такой работы ;)

Just believe ... There are skills))

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, 19FAB_Battler said:

Just believe ... There are skills))

Spoken from the Russian Hans-Ulrich Rudel. 1799 ground kills, 267 tanks destroyed. You won half a map on your own, wp. 

4 hours ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

It was 10 ILs, 7 fighters, used two TS (19 and 72), and two signalmen, who coordinate all groups between teamspeak servers.

I was there and I can say that the map icon shown up to 26 reds attacking the AF. I guess that many random reds joined the formation.

Beautiful to see, pity that there were no big squads in the blue to organize some kind of defence and make it even more epic.

Congrats!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, E69_Soec said:

Я был там, и я могу сказать, что значок карты показал до 26 красных атакующих AF. Я предполагаю, что много случайных красных присоединилось к формированию.

More accurate composition: 12 IL-2 and 12 fighters. Four squads: 72AG, 19GvFAB, Skv and - = RedS = -...All from organized squads. No random

• Like 1

2 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Говорят от русских Ганс-Ульрих Рудель. 1799 наземных убийств, 267 танков уничтожено. Вы выиграли половину карты самостоятельно, wp. 

I do not deny that I am destroying partisans ... Since while you are walking without covering fighters to tanks or a steam train, you meet a bunch of separate detachments, sometimes there are just a lot of them and there’s nothing left to do but spend time on them.

59 minutes ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

Я вступил в партию, аэродром НОВО

Sorry did not notice in TS

6 hours ago, =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor said:

Very well done!!

This is how it has to be done...

-Veccu-

• Thanks 1

3 часа назад, =FSB=Man-Yac сказал:

Spoken from the Russian Hans-Ulrich Rudel. 1799 ground kills, 267 tanks destroyed. You won half a map on your own, wp. 

Let's see how much flyes have Battler? 277 sorties, 103 hours. 

So his scores is a great skills, and big work.

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2020 at 11:54 AM, E69_Soec said:

I don't know... I've also found a Pe2 and one A20 disco when I was intercepting them... but that's not common, it's quite rare and in any case I stopped their attack to the depots so it's fine. I don't think TAW can do much more with that issue. Like chute killing, is something that you only notice in the rival team.

That may have been our group. We have a member who is in a rural area and uses a wireless tower for the internets, and with the covid, everyone in the area uses it too. We bomb, and he is often disconnected just before bomb drop or while on the final leg to drop. I always continue, but that means I'm often defenseless. It happens about 40% of the time and frustrates the hell outta him too. Most of the time he gets the 10009 error.  Hes a great pilot, and keeps trying.

20 hours ago, SV7_Vase said:

sorry, cant see AAA there.. thx for other answers 

3.jpg

@=LG=Coldmanovich

nobody of LG guys gave a answer about my question.

what kind of group is this?

4 minutes ago, SV7_Vase said:

@=LG=Coldmanovich

nobody of LG guys gave a answer about my question.

what kind of group is this?

I answered your question check better.