=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

7 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

@=LG=Kathon this Ju-88 was shot down 130km from his lines (1728.5) and 40km from red airfields, but he doesn't get captured. This happens often, so i report it as a bug. 

Log=>  https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=53348&name=JG4_Thorwald

vArqZF8.jpg

EDIT: maybe he has a soviet girlfriend giving him asylum...then all ok if that is the case 😁

Oh, I was hoping that this would never come to light with my Russian girlfriend. I hope it doesn't end badly for her !!
But the truth is: I'm just good on walking ;)

( I think in 9 of 10 cases im captured when i go down behind russian lines)

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ACG_KoN said:

226 kg bomb? They are speaking about x2 and x4 bombs

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR

image.thumb.png.4955799c7626160ba64564c056ad069f.png

With all the respect in the world, knowing that it is not your fault,
you were an invisible plane, you only appeared the moment you fired, like another bomber, 
at 30 km I saw x4 he111, at 10km there were only 3, I thought ... the connection will have dropped, 
after shooting down the last of the He111 of the formation with the engine on fire, the invisible 4 heinkel appears,
 out of nowhere, the one he had seen 10 minutes ago ... it has happened to us a thousand times, but we have to put him pressure to developers,
 it is unforgivable that ONLINE have problems of this type. I could not have the recording, 
but I am sure of what I have seen and it has happened to me a few times. an example of what I comment.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Have you tried with multiple small bombs? maybe now attacking depots and defenses with 32x50 Kg is better

It is. It shouldn't be like that.

If my target was a long convoy then 32x50s makes sense over the 2x1000. However, if my target is now a dense pack of buildings like a depot, the 2x1000 ought to be the more effective option, not still the 32x50s like it is right now.

There was a time when Durability of these buildings were 50000 (right now it's 15000 under new DM) and as such, the number of bombs one could carry effectively became the SOLE determinant of how many GK one could achieve, not the size of the bomb. Seems we are going back to that right now. 

2 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

I dont think so. Taking in mind how sprayed are the targets maybe one bomber can aim some building on line with the best aproach but a formation attack would be useless. 

I needed 4 xSc50 bombs to destroy the brick hangar on the arfield and ovet the defences droping all 50 bombs with different timers etc did little effect on the wooden trenches between dugs.  Maybe if everything is new you can make some with a very good drop with everything on the same line but the problem starts when you need to finish any target so you have to go one by one. Any attack that is not very accured and selective becomes Useless.

I made some more test because @=KG76=flyus747 Told me that creators changed the damage. Maybe it improved a little bit with soft targets being destroyed tiny closer and the brick hangar not being as indestructible but Still results are the same and tactical solutions are the same. 

Here you can see some screen shots from a test done on a map lauched yesterday

SC 500 between trucks. No kill

2020_4_22__12_36_9.thumb.jpg.aa5479b7607a278fe4facc2a0617b102.jpg

SC 1000 near some hangar and 3 planes. (2 close planes destroyed. He111 on the edge of the crater not destrolled XD)

2.thumb.jpg.474a5edcc0053de15743969aba218e8b.jpg

The Stalinwood frame Tower control Vs Sc1000. No problem for the tower

4.thumb.jpg.5b4c505ca85b6dafe34125701eafa5c2.jpg

Some Sc1000 near the brick hangars. Nothing

3.thumb.jpg.88785cc6ea6847a45c250adc588596cc.jpg

Very impressive cloud from SC1000 over defences

5.thumb.jpg.d544496e08c000d305c056fdabfb7dfb.jpg

Result.... Wooden trenches are made of vibranium

6.thumb.jpg.4611ca03e3472f6952c0539aa3e13c98.jpg

I'm surprised this isn't known by more people. I had to drop the durability down to 1000 in the editor to achieve desired results (initial tests), I know then people will start complaining it's 'too easy' and they're not wrong. At 1000 durability, the buildings could be strafed to death by a Fw190 which then begs to ask, as massive as the 1000kg's explosion is, how much damage is actually being put out? Maybe a 1000kg is simply only worth 20 Cannon rounds by in game engine.

• Upvote 3

Been meaning to post this up for over a week now as it happened at the end of the first map of the current campaign, but unless I'm wrong, I think I spotted a bug.

I've been under the impression that an airfield cannot repair itself if it has been damaged in the same mission; am I correct?

At the very end of the first map, one of the final missions, I bombed an Axis airfield.  Then the next mission, just a few minutes later, the "last mission events" stated:

"Axis Airfield xxx damaged to 4%"

"Axis Airfield xxx repaired to 0%"

I can't remember which airfield it was, but regardless, it was the same airfield.  It didn't really matter in this specific circumstance as the allied team won the map very shortly afterwards anyway, which is why I didn't get around to posting this right away.

Regardless, it was frustrating to find that I bombed an airfield, took out two buildings, and less than 5 minutes later, the airfield is fully repaired.

5 hours ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

Been meaning to post this up for over a week now as it happened at the end of the first map of the current campaign, but unless I'm wrong, I think I spotted a bug.

I've been under the impression that an airfield cannot repair itself if it has been damaged in the same mission; am I correct?

At the very end of the first map, one of the final missions, I bombed an Axis airfield.  Then the next mission, just a few minutes later, the "last mission events" stated:

"Axis Airfield xxx damaged to 4%"

"Axis Airfield xxx repaired to 0%"

I can't remember which airfield it was, but regardless, it was the same airfield.  It didn't really matter in this specific circumstance as the allied team won the map very shortly afterwards anyway, which is why I didn't get around to posting this right away.

Regardless, it was frustrating to find that I bombed an airfield, took out two buildings, and less than 5 minutes later, the airfield is fully repaired.

Rear airfields will repair regardless if it was or wasnt damaged during mission. Those with dot. 

1. The 13Yellow13 mystery: This name was first used by Gustav_Hagel, then by someone else. So if you see some name on the server you can't be sure who is that.

2. The rule about flying on different sides at the same time by the squadron members: a few days ago the script has been updated so now it's impossible to do that on the server. For the record: by squadron I mean squadron registered on the TAW website. 

3. The durability of the buildings and other units: I analyze it but I guess those new recommendations aren't good enough so we have to test different durability for different buildings. I will take some time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

1. The 13Yellow13 mystery: This name was first used by Gustav_Hagel, then by someone else. So if you see some name on the server you can't be sure who is that.

2. The rule about flying on different sides at the same time by the squadron members: a few days ago the script has been updated so now it's impossible to do that on the server. For the record: by squadron I mean squadron registered on the TAW website. 

3. The durability of the buildings and other units: I analyze it but I guess those new recommendations aren't good enough so we have to test different durability for different buildings. I will take some time.

For 3. ask @Alonzo

On 4/22/2020 at 2:15 PM, rbmk04 said:

I'm surprised this isn't known by more people. I had to drop the durability down to 1000 in the editor to achieve desired results (initial tests), I know then people will start complaining it's 'too easy' and they're not wrong. At 1000 durability, the buildings could be strafed to death by a Fw190 which then begs to ask, as massive as the 1000kg's explosion is, how much damage is actually being put out? Maybe a 1000kg is simply only worth 20 Cannon rounds by in game engine.

All ground attackers noticed that. Many players basically stopped using any bombs larger than 100kg and started to rely on guns do destroy targets a lot more.

If there`s oddities with bombs and think it`s a bug, please make a report preferably with track files and possible with other clarifying material to here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12262-armament-and-equipment/page/4/#comments

Understandably the devs can`t see vague reports spread all over the forum, that`s why there`s a specific area in the forum for that. And as you can see, -DED-Rapidus is checking those regularly. Use it.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

9 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

For 3. ask @Alonzo

Here are the durability values currently in use on Combat Box. We also have a "firing range" on our training server, if you want to take an air spawn and test ground attack. These values are probably not perfect, I would be interested in the values that TAW chooses to use. Maybe we can even have some consistency between servers, to help the players know what to expect.

I am still using the default values for the larger structures. If these are wrong, please let me know. I have focused most on dugouts, ammo tents, fuel dumps, and smaller objects.

Edit: Also I should say, the zip file below has a CSV for use in conjunction with my durability update script. This can automagically update all the durability values in a mission; no need to edit by hand.

durability_4.005-cb-tweaks.zip

Edited by Alonzo
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

Here are the durability values currently in use on Combat Box. We also have a "firing range" on our training server, if you want to take an air spawn and test ground attack. These values are probably not perfect, I would be interested in the values that TAW chooses to use. Maybe we can even have some consistency between servers, to help the players know what to expect.

I am still using the default values for the larger structures. If these are wrong, please let me know. I have focused most on dugouts, ammo tents, fuel dumps, and smaller objects.

durability_4.005-cb-tweaks.zipUnavailable

Link doesn't work?

Zip works for me. Check to insure you can download from these forums. 

Posted (edited)

@=LG=Kathon i dont understand what happened in the mission 279

https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=279

Red had 2 warehouses, blue destroyed one of them, but the one near shkolniy was perfect at the end of the map, red didnt got resupplied with a single tank or plane.. is that a bug? Because in the next mission blue got resupplied by a warehouse

Edited by Prancingkiller
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Alonzo said:

Edit: Also I should say, the zip file below has a CSV for use in conjunction with my durability update script. This can automagically update all the durability values in a mission; no need to edit by hand.

durability_4.005-cb-tweaks.zipUnavailable

Just FYI:

Resultant message page after clicking
redirected link= https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=91417

Sorry, there is a problem

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Error code: 2C171/1

not sure why , never had issues before to d/l links before myself.
(will use dropbox link)

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

Didn’t know if this was a known problem or not but we had a squad of three hit a defensive position in 1621.7 with a total of 12 250 kg bombs saw fires and direct hits but the game reported no damage to anything for any of us3241F4D9-8019-41D7-BE22-45A962F89C25.thumb.png.c89ae23de7dfdaae6ebc1454383026ad.png

Posted (edited)

Hello

Ran into a suspect player today and wonder if someone (admin) can shed some light on the situation.

Today on Mission No. 285 there is a player called WhhehUAAAGGGaaaaaaAAAAAAAH, well he does not exist on the stats page, there is nothing on him.

Is this a legit player?

Edited by Finney
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, =OPFR=the_rooster said:

Didn’t know if this was a known problem or not but we had a squad of three hit a defensive position in 1621.7 with a total of 12 250 kg bombs saw fires and direct hits but the game reported no damage to anything for any of us3241F4D9-8019-41D7-BE22-45A962F89C25.thumb.png.c89ae23de7dfdaae6ebc1454383026ad.png

That is one of the Gromoslavka defenses.  It was captured by the allied side at the end of the mission, and is currently of “average” strength.  I presume it was average when you attacked it.

One of the things I don’t like about how the TAW defenses are set up is that a “good” defensive position looks pretty much the same as an “average” or “poor” defensive position.  The only difference is that it’s just harder to know which parts are still “destructible” between a good/average/poor position.

So this means that you can drop bombs on a section of the defensive position that if “good” will show up as destroyed objects, but if “average” or especially “poor” will give you little or NO credit, even if you saw things burning afterward.  I have seen this as well.

Thus it might be expected - however, I wish these positions only spawned objects that were “destroyable” so it didn’t become more of a guessing game (I.e. blow up everything and hope you hit whatever is “alive”)... but again, maybe that’s what the administrators want, to increase the difficulty in “finishing off” a defensive position....

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Finney said:

Hello

Ran into a suspect player today and wonder if someone (admin) can shed some light on the situation.

Today on Mission No. 285 there is a player called WhhehUAAAGGGaaaaaaAAAAAAAH, well he does not exist on the stats page, there is nothing on him.

Is this a legit player?

@=LG=Kathon  This person does not have statistics on the server, but has the rank of major. He's in the game right now.

Edit: After the end of mission 285, he is not in the list of pilots who took part in it.

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Thanks 1

Something really* need to be done for the bomb efficiency.

*: Like, REALLY. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Hi guys,

I'm a old 1946 that just got BOS for a few days. I am wondering how to actually get into TAW and fly ? I made the account and all but it seems to me I'm missing something to actually join the server and fly ? What do I click on the webpage or inside the game ? Sorry for being noob.

Thanks a lot

6 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

@=LG=Kathon  This person does not have statistics on the server, but has the rank of major. He's in the game right now.

Edit: After the end of mission 285, he is not in the list of pilots who took part in it.

It's Gerhard_Barkhorn or Tupoc on Axis side.  He changed his name.

5 hours ago, JG300_Faucon said:

Something really* need to be done for the bomb efficiency.

*: Like, REALLY. 

I agree. I was out of the town lately without access to my PC with the game so I couldn't carry out some tests. I did a short trip 200km :) to bring my PC eventually so I hop I will find solution as soon as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

On 3/22/2020 at 10:56 AM, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

people complaining about m262 are crying?

good aproach to community opinion mate. 

I've had this talk with other servers and historically if they put in the Tempest then the ME262 must also be put into the game as they were both built in late 44-45 and both had similar build numbers.  I'm not advocating for either side just saying if you take away the toys of one, in order to be just, you must take away toys from the other.

11 hours ago, Finney said:

Today on Mission No. 285 there is a player called WhhehUAAAGGGaaaaaaAAAAAAAH, well he does not exist on the stats page, there is nothing on him. Is this a legit player?

2 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

SCG_Gustav_Hagel =  Gerhard_Barkhorn = 13Yelow13 = Tupoc = WhhehUAAAGGGaaaaaaAAAAAAAH

LOL

PS. what's up to these guys changing their nicknames a million times so it doesn't show on stats when we shoot them down. What a pandemic!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I agree. I was out of the town lately without access to my PC with the game so I couldn't carry out some tests. I did a short trip 200km :) to bring my PC eventually so I hop I will find solution as soon as possible. 

Thanks for the info. Please pay attention to mission 279. Why did the red side having an additional warehouse not receive any replenishment?

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

SCG_Gustav_Hagel =  Gerhard_Barkhorn = 13Yelow13 = Tupoc = WhhehUAAAGGGaaaaaaAAAAAAAH

Will the real Slim Shady Gustav_Hagel, please stand up!

image0.thumb.png.3073ffd0650d550eb2a80473b567d6d6.png

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Red had 2 warehouses, blue destroyed one of them, but the one near shkolniy was perfect at the end of the map, red didnt got resupplied with a single tank or plane.. is that a bug? Because in the next mission blue got resupplied by a warehouse (that spawned at Surovikino where red had their warehouse destroyed in the mission before)

re-posting since that resupply thing does a lot in the campaign

Edited by Prancingkiller
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Prancingkiller said:

Red had 2 warehouses, blue destroyed one of them, but the one near shkolniy was perfect at the end of the map, red didnt got resupplied with a single tank or plane.. is that a bug? Because in the next mission blue got resupplied by a warehouse (that spawned at Surovikino where red had their warehouse destroyed in the mission before)

re-posting since that resupply thing does a lot in the campaign

Yes, this was odd.  The warehouse at Shkolniy was the "legitimate" one, that should have counted towards increasing the Red aircraft/pilots/tanks/etc maximum numbers.  I've never seen one side get two warehouses added... it seems like because Red had recently captured Surovikino, the Blue warehouse that was to spawn there inadvertently spawned as Red (maybe a script bug?).  Of course, being so much closer to Blue airfields means it was a prime target.  However, as Prancingkiller mentioned, the warehouse in the Red backfield survived the mission, so the question remains for the admins, was there a bug in the script that prevented the additional maximums being added to the Red side?

• Upvote 1

@=LG=Kathon

We did on this map couple of mission droping chutes. We were 5 ju and we droped the troopers on the spot. The problem is that we just saw the 48 text but not the 60 trops text. 

Firts time we droped on arfield damaged to 100% and the next mission was not captured. I sended the track and the mission info to Coldmanovich by Mp.

The next day we did the same and the same result. 5 ju52 total of 60 trops but it apeared just the 48 man droped text 12 were missing. Noone kill the chutes and they landed safe on the spot. Dont know what happens if that is a bug ot the 60 landed text just never apeared but the server is counting right. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

@=LG=Kathon

We did on this map couple of mission droping chutes. We were 5 ju and we droped the troopers on the spot. The problem is that we just saw the 48 text but not the 60 trops text. 

Firts time we droped on arfield damaged to 100% and the next mission was not captured. I sended the track and the mission info to Coldmanovich by Mp.

The next day we did the same and the same result. 5 ju52 total of 60 trops but it apeared just the 48 man droped text 12 were missing. Noone kill the chutes and they landed safe on the spot. Dont know what happens if that is a bug ot the 60 landed text just never apeared but the server is counting right. 

Just because an airfield is damaged 100% is not a guarantee that paratroops will capture it.  I recall a change a few TAWs ago where I believe the chances to capture went as high as 80%, if the field was damaged 100%.  If I find it I’ll post it here.  Or Kathon can verify :).

Edit - I found the post, from a previous TAW edition:

• If Allied airfield is damaged more than 50% then paratroopers drop zone is visible on the map (blue circle near that airfield). If at least 60 paratroopers land within area of this drop zone then they may capture the airfield with probability of 30%-80% (probability = airfield_damage% minus 20%). So the more damaged is airfield the more chance to capture it. Remember to destroy incoming Allied supply convoy or train near the city (they may supply the airfield and lower it’s damage after mission).

So another area of the manual that needs updating.  Another update is that there is a limit to the number of times paratroopers can capture an airfield per map (I.e. 2), so you can’t just keep capturing airfields in a given map via paratroopers, obviously something the red side can’t do at all.

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

LOL

PS. what's up to these guys changing their nicknames a million times so it doesn't show on stats when we shoot them down. What a pandemic!

Cool, so I can change my name, have no stats at all, no evidence of me playing in the mission and troll the crap out of players! Even swap sides at will, What a great idea. Can't believe this shit is allowed!

BTW only Gerhard_Barkhorn is the only name you listed showing on the stats. WTF? Thing is most SCG guys are on REDS and this guys was on blue. Anyway have done my bit up to you guys what your gonna do about this exploit.

Edited by Finney

On 4/25/2020 at 11:02 AM, RollCage said:

Hi guys,

I'm a old 1946 that just got BOS for a few days. I am wondering how to actually get into TAW and fly ? I made the account and all but it seems to me I'm missing something to actually join the server and fly ? What do I click on the webpage or inside the game ? Sorry for being noob.

Thanks a lot

Maybe this will help you