=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Hi,
can someone explain me how airfield supply really works?
Before Moscow_North #208 mission map, Kalinin airfield was damaged 63%.
As I read in manual, Ju-52 supply airfield by 7%. I flew with my friend 5 times to supply this airfield from airfield which wasn't damaged. I expected Kalinin will be restored to 0% damage, if it wouldn't be attacked.
How surprised I have been when I found that in Moscow_North #209 Kalinin was damaged to 64%. So the supply doesn't work? I have noticed only two times during the mission that there were soviet planes above airfield. One was shot down by AAA, the second one was too high.

So the supplying works or not?

@1stCL/rudidlo There are two stats for the airfields, damage level and supply level.

If an airfield has damage it will "heal" inbetweeen missions using supply level. If an airfield has 0% supply it wont be able to heal damage anymore. With the transport planes you increase the supply %, so there what you did was increase the airfield supply level to 70%, then in the next mission it used some of that to reduce inflicted damage. The problem is that most likely it was attacked during the mission and the damage increased, then it would have healed and go down to 64%. I don't know how much damage do airfields  repair in between missions.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

@1stCL/rudidlo There are two stats for the airfields, damage level and supply level.

@-=PHX=-SuperEtendard Thank you for explaining it to me. I've looked into the manual and there is not mentioned difference between damage and supply level. Just the note you can resupply airfield damaged more than 0% from airfield which is damaged not more than 40%. 

Edited by 1stCL/rudidlo
mentioning other user.

9 hours ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

does that mean that TAW already has that update ?? is it effective today?

Yes

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

TAW admins, for future editions i suggest it should be forbidden for pilots from an active squad registered for one specific team, to create another alias and fly for the opposite team specially when that team outnumbers the other one like now 19v5 or like the other day 16v1. The so called "to balance numbers" doesn't apply here at all.

In my opinion if you are resgistered in a squad and you fly missions in the team your squad registered, you should stay in that team for the whole campaign and if not, at least stay there for the whole map, and only can switch sides when that map is over. I don't like people checking how we fly, what we do, the info we share in chat, and then they go jumping from team to team every other mission 

[edited]
PS. hey @SCG_FeuerFliegen ; how does it feel to be shot down by a guy from your same squad (SCG_Gustav_Hagel) who changes to LW even when they outnumber 21v7 VVS and waits for you over his AF/depot? https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=47261&name=SCG_FeuerFliegen 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Not needed and people will react to such labelling.
  • Upvote 7

25 minutes ago, =LG=Coldmanovich said:

#nosidechangeduringtawatall

#NotMyFhurer

17 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Hi,
can someone explain me how airfield supply really works?
Before Moscow_North #208 mission map, Kalinin airfield was damaged 63%.
As I read in manual, Ju-52 supply airfield by 7%. I flew with my friend 5 times to supply this airfield from airfield which wasn't damaged. I expected Kalinin will be restored to 0% damage, if it wouldn't be attacked.
How surprised I have been when I found that in Moscow_North #209 Kalinin was damaged to 64%. So the supply doesn't work? I have noticed only two times during the mission that there were soviet planes above airfield. One was shot down by AAA, the second one was too high.

So the supplying works or not?

Hi, 

The Kalinin airfield was damaged to 64% during the mission #208 so it's damage level was increased from 63% to 64% ( one hangar was destroyed by Pe-2 ser.87 so it wasn't too high). 

1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Hi, 

The Kalinin airfield was damaged to 64% during the mission #208 so it's damage level was increased from 63% to 64% ( one hangar was destroyed by Pe-2 ser.87 so it wasn't too high). 

Hi, @=LG=Kathon

as @-=PHX=-SuperEtendard explained, there are supply levels and damage levels, but it's not clear  when you read the manual. There are mentioned just restriction about damage levels for airports from which you can supply and airports which you can supply.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

Hi, @=LG=Kathon

as @-=PHX=-SuperEtendard explained, there are supply levels and damage levels, but it's not clear  when you read the manual. There are mentioned just restriction about damage levels for airports from which you can supply and airports which you can supply.

You are correct. The website manual is a bit outdated but if you look through the change log, I believe it says the AFs cannot be repaired during the current mission if it had been attacked (even if a single hangar has been destroyed and the defending team supplied it in the current mission, damage to the AF will still increase). Also, as pointed out earlier, when you supply the AF, you only increase its supply levels which, in turn, will be used for repairing purposes. Supply missions by air will also not work for AFs that have more than 85% damage I believe.

5 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

In my opinion if you are resgistered in a squad and you fly missions in the team your squad registered, you should stay in that team for the whole campaign and if not, at least stay there for the whole map, and only can switch sides when that map is over. I don't like people checking how we fly, what we do, the info we share in chat, and then they go jumping from team to team every other mission 

I like your posts like this and I fully support your suggestion.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I have notice that targets are quite more resilent to bombs, but in this case I think its too much.

I bombed this tank, and got no damaged at all on it. As you can see, the bomb was near enough to achive at lest some damage.

Anyone has similar trouble?

Thx

200418 Tanque .jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I find it weirdly beautiful seeing my side almost getting to the outskirts of Moscow only to run out ot tanks and slowly but surely withdraw under Red counter-attacks who are also running low on tanks but still managing. Kind of like it was in winter 1941/42, just a couple months later.

Edited by Slawinski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slawinski said:

I find it wierdly beautiful seeing my side almost getting to the outskirts of Moscow only to run out ot tanks and slowly but surely withdraw under Red counter-attacks who are also running low on tanks but still managing. Kind of like it was in winter 1941/42, just a couple months later.

It is quite historical

• Like 2

Hi guys,  can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to joining an Axis fighter squadron? A team that plays regular, preferably GMT nights? 

I’m a fairly experienced pilot (670 hours) mainly on the WOL servers. Looking to progress to a more authentic experience. 

Thank you,

WelshWarrior. 

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this error. I cannot enter the TAW server, does anyone know how to solve it?
I can enter all the other servers, but when I double click on Taw it kicks me to the main screen of the game with an error message # 10019

thanks

GJ6v91s.png

Balanced planeset + balanced numbers = fun for all & long lasting maps. Amazing push to the west on map #3 VVS...now let's bleed above Stalingrad!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Balanced planeset + balanced numbers = fun for all & long lasting maps. Amazing push to the west on map #3 VVS...now let's bleed above Stalingrad!

Not to mention, historically accurate outcomes :^) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monoposto said:

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to ask about this error. I cannot enter the TAW server, does anyone know how to solve it?
I can enter all the other servers, but when I double click on Taw it kicks me to the main screen of the game with an error message # 10019

thanks

go to

\Program Files\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight

remove those files and try to connect again

image.png.2f338994947e9902d0f0ec7f1147287f.png

if this not help you have to contact support i guess

45 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

GJ6v91s.png

We are top german tank busting squad with 2 players, I don't see balance. I see russian bias and f4s in the stratosphere 😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Lack of whining in the forums has been the most remarkable thing since the reds has been winning. I'm happy for it and congratulations. I just said to my squad the other day that if it seems that blues has the edge, we'll start bombing our own positions.

It's been fun!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Lack of whining in the forums has been the most remarkable 

All it took is somewhat equal numbers on server.

Imagine my shock. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

All it took is somewhat equal numbers on server.

Imagine my shock. 

All it took is people to the red side that fly instead of complaining.

Imagine my shock.

Edited by LLv24_Zami

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

All it took people to the red side that fly instead of complaining.

Imagine my shock.

Typical master and deep analysis of how things go in TAW hahaha. The VVS guys complaining at TAW forum for more balanced setups were among the guys with more flying hours in those editions; and most of them were valid complaints.

Now, with more than 3.300 posts but few flying hours...i wonder who loves more writing and whining about people complaining than actually flying. 

@JG4_dingsda beautiful song and version; but this one would be more historically accurate:

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Typical master and deep analysis of how things go in TAW hahaha. The VVS guys complaining at TAW forum for more balanced setups were among the guys with more flying hours in those editions; and most of them were valid complaints.

Now, with more than 3.300 posts but few flying hours...i wonder who loves more writing and whining about people complaining than actually flying. 

Truth hurts doesn't it Chima?

Just reading this thread is all you need for the analysis which is pretty accurate, even though guys like you like to deny it. It's okay, keep your illusions as usual ;)

Flying demands that you actually can sit on the computer to do it. Some of us has real life to interfere it, looking at your hours and interaction here I doubt you have it. That's quite sad

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Truth hurts doesn't it Chima?

Just reading this thread is all you need for the analysis which is pretty accurate, even though guys like you like to deny it. It's okay, keep your illusions as usual ;)

Flying demands that you actually can sit on the computer to do it. Some of us has real life to interfere it, looking at your hours and interaction here I doubt you have it. That's quite sad

Truth? Only in your mind; your analysis is weak, wrong, and as usually derogatory to red community. And please make up that mind of yours, first you say we should fly more, then when we fly more you say we have no life. 🤪 Geez! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

So buy your logic, red side have more life (and by extension, sex) than blue side :biggrin:

After all, all it took was a pandemic to get the teams even. 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Haha 3

Just now, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Truth? Only in your mind; your analysis is weak, wrong, and as usually derogatory to red community. And please make up that mind of yours, first you say we should fly more, then when we fly more you say we have no life. 🤪 Geez! 

I see it really hurts when someone says how things are. But don't worry, you get over it.

Fly when you can and don't complain as usual. That was my advice before and it's still valid. 

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

So buy your logic, red side have more life (and by extension, sex) than blue side :biggrin:

After all, all it took was a Chinese virus to get the teams even. 

You get sex flying Il-2? Ookay, that must be the famous red logic 😄

3 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

I know that English is not your first language, but i do know that "lukio" teaches logic and English in your country. Please don't skip these classes...

1 minute ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

I know that English is not your first language, but i do know that "lukio" teaches logic and English in your country. Please don't skip these classes...

Good advice!

But please Siddy, what you do on your computer while flying Il-2, it really does not belong here. Keep it between you and the computer 😂

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

All it took is people to the red side that fly instead of complaining.

Imagine my shock.

19 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

After all, all it took was a pandemic to get the teams even. 

10 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

download.png.89a7f51d772cb8785af2611a51c939c8.png

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

download.png.89a7f51d772cb8785af2611a51c939c8.png

It does not help anymore Siddy boy. But I promise I won't mention your hobby here anymore.

Now back to the TAW gentlemen. Fly when you can :)

Edited by LLv24_Zami

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, FAE_Aguila said:

Hello,

I have notice that targets are quite more resilent to bombs, but in this case I think its too much.

I bombed this tank, and got no damaged at all on it. As you can see, the bomb was near enough to achive at lest some damage.

Anyone has similar trouble?

Thx

200418 Tanque .jpg

In Real life bombs were turning over tanks and also causing mass craters and so that tank should be knocked out . 

If the tank in game is within a creator i think it should be down as destroyed . After all has attacking tanks has become even harder now since last patch , if anyone can clarify this . 

Edited by ACG_KoN

17 minutes ago, ACG_KoN said:

In Real life bombs were turning over tanks and also causing mass craters and so that tank should be knocked out . 

If the tank in game is within a creator i think it should be down as destroyed . After all has attacking tanks has become even harder now since last patch , if anyone can clarify this . 

Its become so bad i am actually seeing ducks and Ju-87 with gunpods now.

Its not longer the case that a flight of 5-6 110's can decimate a column in few passes.

Same goes on red side, IL-2's are now the weapon of choice, instead of endless pe-2 100kg  carpetbomb parade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Its become so bad i am actually seeing ducks and Ju-87 with gunpods now.

Its not longer the case that a flight of 5-6 110's can decimate a column in few passes.

Same goes on red side, IL-2's are now the weapon of choice, instead of endless pe-2 100kg  carpetbomb parade

As a Hs129 pilot I love this change: In the past, once you reached a column it was already turned to dust by Ju-88s and Bf-110s.

Now you finally get something to destroy.

...and then enemy fighters show up.

On the other hand as a He-111 level bomber I am super annoyed by the change, as level bombing runs became quite unsatisfying. Especially when taking the needed time investment into account.

(climbing to 5k+, going  the long route to avoid CAP, waiting for the a cloud window... finally dropping and then getting only a handful of buildings.

... and then another 20-30mins for RTB)

11 minutes ago, E69_Villawaffe said:

Buenas chimango, esta taw no está equilibrada y no lo digo por los aviones si no por los escuadrones y pilotos, ya que estáis los mejores en el bando ruso y vais a ganar todos los mapas.

I'll translate: "Hi Chimango, this TAW is not balanced and i don't mean it's planeset, i mean the squads and pilots, as the best ones are in the VVS side and you'll win all maps"

That's a bit diminishing for the very good squads LW has, like =KK=, JG4, the finish squads...etc. And anyway, isn't this what we want? If we have balanced numbers + balanced planesets and wining conditions, then the best team is the one who decides the outcome and not the one sided quorums as we used to have, or the one sided goodies also.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, E69_Villawaffe said:

Buenas chimango, esta taw no está equilibrada y no lo digo por los aviones si no por los escuadrones y pilotos, ya que estáis los mejores en el bando ruso y vais a ganar todos los mapas.

I don't speak Spanish but please don't even try to start this. It's all good as it's mostly always been.

Relax, fly when you can and have fun!

Im a little confused. Since its a new map do I need to register again? And while I played as the VVS for Moscow, I wanted to play as the LW over Stalingrad should I register as LW or just play as them?