=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

2 hours ago, StG77_Darbzy said:

A buddy of mine tried to play TAW with me for the first time the other day and got kicked after about 5 mins and then could not find the server on the dogfight server list again.

We confirmed his TAW profile matches his IL-2 Great Battles player profile, he restarted his machine but it still wasn’t there for him. He could see the other multiplayer servers, just not TAW. Never seen this before, any ideas?

Yesterday there was an update and all the servers had to stop and restart maybe it was in that time or after one mission finished 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't have an issue with chute shooting or ground strafing being possible because frankly it was a real thing. 

It's unfortunate that we don't all have custom skins in game so that we could learn to identify the chute killers/strafers. 

While I make a point to never do it myself, I'd sure as heck be happy to return the favor to a known chute-shooter or strafer. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Upvote 2

On 4/14/2020 at 2:43 AM, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Now i have reserved this beautiful feature to very very veeeery limited ammount of people and have my reasons about this that i won't elaborate here

How do you recognize the pilots on your naughty list?

Posted (edited)

@666GIAP_Chimango There is, unfortunatly for you, few chances your dream of shooting me (and my "croissants") on chute come true. 

No no, not because I'm invicible, not at all. Just because with the balance of teams, I think i'm stuck to fly in the red team :sleep: LaGG3 is pretty fun to fly though.

Edited by JG300_Faucon
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Prancingkiller said:

@=LG=Kathon  a new german tanks column just spawned when axis had no tanks  669 / 650   mission 185

Thanks for reporting this, it's a script bug: tanks convoys are generated and in the next step limits are checked. The limits should be checked first.

BTW: I couldn't get out of my head your capture issue over friendly territory during the mission #120. I checked it one more time and it turned out that it was enemy territory. You bailed out from the Mig (Allied, red side) over sector 2320.4.1 There was a Axis defense a few km nearby but in the Mission Editor Axis units are red and I wrongly assumed it was friendly territory:

bailed_out.jpg

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Thanks for reporting this, it's a script bug: tanks convoys are generated and in the next step limits are checked. The limits should be checked first.

BTW: I couldn't get out of my head your capture issue over friendly territory during the mission #120. I checked it one more time and it turned out that it was enemy territory. You bailed out from the Mig (Allied, red side) over sector 2320.4.1 There was a Axis defense a few km nearby but in the Mission Editor Axis units are red and I wrongly assumed it was friendly territory:

bailed_out.jpg

interesting, i'm pretty sure that was north of the tanks shown here, but i guess the second check have solved the issue right? ;)      still about the rule, since it seems like it's possible, why should someone have a possibility to get captured behind friendly  lines? it's to fix some exploit or just cause it is what it is?

Edited by Prancingkiller

3 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

bailed_out.jpg

That is harsh , head west for 200m and you are safe 

5 hours ago, ACG_KoN said:

I think there are 300 - 400 meters, no less

The side of a small square is about 3333 meters

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

what else should we experience in this sim..

lol

after this he is still trying to find out where the bomb hit the camp..:)

Edited by KG200_Achilleus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

lol

Nice, I`d say that`s accurate bombing :salute:

10 hours ago, ACG_KoN said:

Yep, there is still room for improvements. The closer to the front line you are the lower probability of capturing is. Added to my "to-do" list.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, EGr8_kadett37 said:

Why not ban?  http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=666GIAP_Chimango why does flying continue? 

[AlphaMale] Cause i got a call from Rodinu! "Come my HSU, it's 16 of them" An hour later, 6 LW planes were part of the soviet landscape!  If i had a FW you'd all be dead[/AphaMale] 😁

no0yzQs.png

Guerrilla warfare: hit-run-relocate

Edit: i deleted a great name from this post  so we are all in peace ✌

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Haha true; in my case it's lazyness...cause  being an informative screenshot i just take it with the cellphone as is faster to share with my squad mates over our whatsapp group, it wasn't taken for the forum...but JG8r post gave me an idea 😄

PS. even if is not great quality, KG200_Achilleus video it's amazing, first time i see that in il2, it made me remember this:

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

lol

Yes! Precisely, I was very confused when my gunner said “target destroyed” without firing a shot and my bomb didn’t hit the ground target. I only figured it out after I landed, looked at the mission log, and saw the 100% damage I dealt you in one second. 

That’s some dedicated target defence from you.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

Yes! Precisely, I was very confused when my gunner said “target destroyed” without firing a shot and my bomb didn’t hit the ground target. I only figured it out after I landed, looked at the flight record, and saw the 100% damage I dealt you in one second. 

Hats off to the guy who makes it to the top 5 fighters list that way 😀

7 hours ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

lol

Was that on TAW? Oh my god xD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WokeUpDead said:

Yes! Precisely, I was very confused when my gunner said “target destroyed” without firing a shot and my bomb didn’t hit the ground target. I only figured it out after I landed, looked at the mission log, and saw the 100% damage I dealt you in one second. 

It happened just about a sec before a “bomb” hit your Pe2 from bellow...;)

and just before that, i saw a black torpedo come on me and i thought for a sec...”pfff it was close”...

i guess it was the bomb time delay or the lag that make 1-2 sec to boom...

lol

look from my “point of view”...:)

58 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Was that on TAW? Oh my god xD

yes mate

:)

Edited by KG200_Achilleus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, KG200_Achilleus said:

It happened just about a sec before a “bomb” hit your Pe2 from bellow...;)

and just before that, i saw a black torpedo come on me and i thought for a sec...”pfff it was close”...

i guess it was the bomb time delay or the lag that make 1-2 sec to boom...

lol

look from my “point of view”...:)

yes mate

:)

This is spectacular. You were even staring at it 😂 . If I ever lose a pilot like this I think I might not even be mad hahahah.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Yep, there is still room for improvements. The closer to the front line you are the lower probability of capturing is. Added to my "to-do" list.

Perhaps you could ask Donkey about how he set up ours?

https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/acg-pam-2/index.php#/campaign-info/17/missions/221/synop/275

If it’s not showing, click on “want to know more” under pilot status.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Prancingkiller said:

@JG700_Benek

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=42993&name=JG700_Benek

you have been so fast with your ALT-F4 dude, we couldnt hit you fast enough, well done, you deserved to keep your last life up i guess ;) 

a shame that your friend have not been that fast

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=42994&name=E69_Villawaffe

good luck next time.

We don't fly coordinated with the JG700 squad 😐

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR

4 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

We don't fly coordinated with the JG700 squad 😐

he was right there anyway ;)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

Hey! Someone got a track of it! Awesome

Watching that happen was something else

Edited by =JG47=TBishopCharvet

Hi All, I hate to bring up a subject that has been covered many times before, partially due to the rules changing over time.  Tanks.  Do the stats matter regarding tanks available.  I know it's no longer a win condition on it's own, but this evening we took the last tank icon off the Axis side of the map and the stats show allies have destroyed 814 of 800 Axis tanks available.  The new map rolls and spawns a new Tank icon, with the stats showing 814 destroyed of 800 available? How can they spawn tanks if none are available? I would fully understand if their depot built tanks and their available tanks increased but that didn't happen here. 

Please help me understand?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, =OPFR=C_DAT said:

Hi All, I hate to bring up a subject that has been covered many times before, partially due to the rules changing over time.  Tanks.  Do the stats matter regarding tanks available.  I know it's no longer a win condition on it's own, but this evening we took the last tank icon off the Axis side of the map and the stats show allies have destroyed 814 of 800 Axis tanks available.  The new map rolls and spawns a new Tank icon, with the stats showing 814 destroyed of 800 available? How can they spawn tanks if none are available? I would fully understand if their depot built tanks and their available tanks increased but that didn't happen here. 

Please help me understand?

To expand on that question,

@=LG=Kathon On/after mission #201, the Axis ran out of tanks, 814/800. Next mission, #202, a new tank column spawned.

Maybe fixes are for the next campaign? Anyways, thanks as always!

1737327345_Annotation2020-04-17234143.jpeg.6627cf4754004acbfdef86761c3498d5.jpeg

Capture.PNG.d341e15d03b7e9796fd01739b6bf80da.PNG

1308142135_Annotation2020-04-17234253.jpeg.57ff9a32d547700b452afa02bb66870b.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Kathon has mentioned there was a bug in the script.  I.e. it was generating the tank column then checking the # tanks destroyed against the max, instead of checking the counts first.  So he’s aware, but it’s not clear when it will be fixed.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for yesterday disco I had joy malfunction to be precise one the centering springs was broken I didnt saw any1 near so i disco. Dont worry you can kill me next time or I die some stupid way like always so the nature will equal this :D.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JG700_Benek said:

Sorry for yesterday disco I had joy malfunction to be precise one the centering springs was broken I didnt saw any1 near so i disco. Dont worry you can kill me next time or I die some stupid way like always so the nature will equal this :D.

Ahahah you surely didnt saw the tracers right behind you, your joystick broke just in time!

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, JG700_Benek said:

Shit happens dont u think:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=37037&name=Prancingkiller

now fuck off.

you had 3 guys on you that have seen you disconnecting when we started shooting at you, that excuse is pathetic, not like you took off about 3 min before and you had things not running ;)   not even close, but surely i'll try that exploit next time, i learn new exploit every day from smart guys like you! enjoyable.

and admins, why dont we add that ALT-F4 trick in the manual too? that could save the last life to a lot of people!

Edited by Prancingkiller

Posted (edited)
How often replenishment of tanks and aircrafts coming from the warehouse to available forces?
Edited by -=RedS=-Str1ke
correcting format

57 minutes ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

How often replenishment of tanks and aircrafts coming from the warehouse to available forces?

About 48 missions.