=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

47 minutes ago, ACG_KaiLae said:

Also, “squadron” in ACG means the unit you are assigned to, not the organization as a whole, so that is confusing. I don’t even know many of the people outside my unit.

I understand that this is not my business. But why do you need one common tag for 150 people? Perhaps it would be easier to designate your specific unit? Easier for everyone

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

I understand that this is not my business. But why do you need one common tag for 150 people? Perhaps it would be easier to designate your specific unit? Easier for everyone

Mostly because we don't stay assigned to units for very long any more. As I think someone mentioned in a post earlier, we used to be dedicated to single squadrons flying early war channel front in il2 Cliffs of Dover. We moved and changed the system and now our weekly campaign missions run in one theatre for 6, 12 or 18 weeks before we change. For example we're flying in Stalingrad on Operation Uranus right now so my tags would be 274 IAP_Spigot, but 6 weeks ago we were doing the 1941 RAF circus raids back in CloD so I'd have been No.615_Spigot. Before the end of the year we'll move and everyone will be in another unit again.

Additionally, one result of the move to BoX in 2018 was that it opened us up to new sections of the community and yet no-one would see ACG_ badged members in servers as we flew with squadron rather than clan tags. This meant we didn't really represent our clan to the wider community, so we changed to what you see now.

Edited by ACG_Spigot
Poor grammar
  • Upvote 1

I know the 150 figure has been banded about but realistically there are perhaps 40 or so ACG members signed up to ACG based squads in TAW. And pretty much none of them are in both Blue and Red squads. In fact i think only Drifter was but he has changed this now. 

So ACG do indeed have two identifable squads represented for anyone who cares to check. All above board and within the rules. 

Perhaps then all that needs doing to reduce the opportunty of mistaken or mischeivous accusations is for those taking part to tag themselves ACG (Red) and ACG (Blue) and some internal disipline to agree to stick to those sides for the campaign's duration. I guess that means no side swapping individually (fine if the whole sqaud present does) when there is teamstacking but with big squads comes bigger responsibilities. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, LLv24_Zami said:

Afaik it's allowed to have account on both sides. 

Correct , Because LW always had large numbers and red had little attendance you were allowed to have two accounts to balance out reds . 

14 hours ago, =JG47=TBishopCharvet said:

Why do that? Serves nothing than ruin the time of another person

Im afraid in this server its allowed . And there has been countless post about it , Some wont even fly here because of the chute killing . 

Edited by ACG_KoN_

8 hours ago, ACG_KaiLae said:

You don’t. The only time I’ve ended up on both sides is when I tried to fly German and then realized (probably like Drifter) that the German teamstack was so bad I needed to switch sides to make it more fair.

Also, don’t expect ACG’s board to rule on following any such rule, because the organization on ACGs rules applies only to our server and campaign. Outside of that individuals can do whatever they want, within reason.

Also, “squadron” in ACG means the unit you are assigned to, not the organization as a whole, so that is confusing. I don’t even know many of the people outside my unit.

Point one is why I also have two accounts.

Perhaps the solution is two clan tags for TAW? ACG and an ACGB for blue?

7 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Simple, we change squadron designations when we move theatres. Since leaving Cliffs of Dover we switched to a common tag for a few reasons. Previously we did run with individual squadron tags. When we had individual tags we where running the Battle of Britain for 6 or 7 years straight. Since BoX became viable for us we have switched theatres 3 times in just over a year.

ACG as a common tag became the practical decision. Another reason is also simple. Recruitment... When we are badged as individual squadrons our visibility was super low even though we've been around for 8 years or so.... No one knows 7./JG26, 1./JG26, 4./JG26, 401, 3 GIAP, 27 IAP, etc etc etc.

We switch squadrons based on the theatre we are playing. It's part of our a re-enactment LARP.

I hope that explains where we are coming from.

20 hours ago, -[HRAF]Ropalcz said:

Another big boy shooting parachutes.

20200414085949_1.thumb.jpg.d092bf0bb53a129bbaff7fc74e3d0841.jpg

20200414090017_1.thumb.jpg.ff36250346ec6026b6b26a191b544155.jpg

I was under the impression once bailed you had to land.

It appears that when damaged you can bail, and IMMEDIATELY end mission no matter where you are and get the "Bailed" Status for the mission. No deaths on landing(trees) and no capture(in enemy territory), and further not getting your chute shot at. Just need to live the 15 seconds to finish.

Perhaps this is a loophole, or exploit?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LordWukits said:

I was under the impression once bailed you had to land.

It appears that when damaged you can bail, and IMMEDIATELY end mission no matter where you are and get the "Bailed" Status for the mission. No deaths on landing(trees) and no capture(in enemy territory), and further not getting your chute shot at. Just need to live the 15 seconds to finish.

Perhaps this is a loophole, or exploit?

If you had to wait until you land then you'd have to wait many minutes if you bailed out at 5K for example. 15 seconds is just long enough for the guy who shot you down to make one attempt at a chute kill. But you can still get captured in enemy territory.

23 hours ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

Last TAW was the first TAW i ever shot to a chute; a way to deal with the damage LW guys did to the campaign by stacking the server. A "punishment" sort of speak.  Now i have reserved this beautiful feature to very very veeeery limited ammount of people and have my reasons about this that i won't elaborate here; i don't generally do it, and none in my squad does it with the exception of Kozlovsky...he is an outlaw 😄

"Ruin" the time? Why what's the big deal? Lose a streak? Who cares, hit refly and get another one. I've been killed in the chute many times... i didn't retaliate, i couldn´t care less.

The truth is this guy was shot down after being in advantage position, it was shot down by a worse plane which btw was damaged, probably he was mad about this idk, so inmediately after this he rushed to the forums with his screenshots. Why? Is not forbiden and his pilot survived, what's all the big fuzz?.

Here is the short story of the beautiful comunist machine that get's crippled in the controls and engine by a Ju87 sniper gunner, and the blonde knight who wants to get another easy trophy with his monster-rocket-climber-panzerfaust-launcher , but gets a surprise just before the forum rush.

This is actually pretty neat video showcasing the new DM! You might want to post this on the other section to showcase vvs guns are not underpowered? or shall I?

edit: nvm I can do that..

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2020 at 9:03 AM, -[HRAF]Ropalcz said:

Another big boy shooting parachutes.

20200414085949_1.thumb.jpg.d092bf0bb53a129bbaff7fc74e3d0841.jpg

20200414090017_1.thumb.jpg.ff36250346ec6026b6b26a191b544155.jpg

Well, this seems to be something that has become quite  "normal"  nowerdays...   for me personal it only makes me quite sad...

Maybe i am a little "OldSchool" but i come from a time where years ago in training in a squadron it was one of the biggest rules to even let someone "smoking darker then white" run home if he doesnt want to fight anymore.. "Parachuting or similar" permanent Ban of the squadron...

On 4/14/2020 at 10:00 AM, ECV56_Chimango said:

Not true! I aimed to the pilot! 

chimango... you think this is funny??   for me its not funny at all !  its like in a Fight punching someone defensless with boots in the face while he is allready on the floor...

Its not honorable or respectfull at all

Am i "OldSchool" ?

For me personally its a game of biggest RESPECT for ALL THESE BEAUTYFULL MACHINES and PILOTS of older Days in times of PEACE !

MY PROPOSAL to you CHIMANGO :

DUELL    you and me  1vs 1 

in Berloga or even on TAW (till no life is left) at a Frontline at 3k

you can decide when , someone throws a green Flashlight and we start

We meet each other before the fight with clear Paintscheme to identify

From Gentleman to Gentleman

Yak.png

Bf 109.png

Yak3.png

Edited by SPEEDWULF77
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

im from old school too.... i continue no killing chutes until TAW admins deservers a top5 list of parachute killers ( was proposed by me last edition ) . i

Actually kill chutes are a personal decision,  for many of the oldschool pilots this is a shame... ok , this no liberate to you about posiblity be killed on it anytime...  After think a lot about this... i simply accept Admins design for promote kill chutes ( because pilots are a vital resource) and play with it... yes, you can feel  like a fool when you die sometimes on your parachute and you remember you dont do the same...  but one must to be coherent no?

In this case , chima made a list of  "friends· who can be killed on parachute .. thats personal option and no rules break of server.

But i smile to your post, because i like your way to solve posible "diferences" ... dogfight , really i like this way... is oldschool too.  So in this case i dont understand exactly what is your objective... i mean.. kill chima or be killed you, seems no have to much relation with kill chutes. but i like your way speedwulf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I like the dogfight challenge, great way to make this into something enjoyable too.

Im forever against shooting chutes because

1- Its kinda rubbing it in after you've already blown a guy away
2- If im not captured I can hop back in a plane and fly again if im on my last life. If you shoot my guy im out of lives and Im back to wings of liberty which I do not enjoy.

Also ive always flown with people, and was always shown never to do it, even if they do it to you.

Edited by =JG47=TBishopCharvet
  • Upvote 4

I agree with u about reasson for no need kill pilots on parachute.

In your case, like me, again, is a personal option , totally respectable. 

If you are playing TAW  you must know, you are playing with  pilots.... maybe whole squadsin some cases,  who practice " parachute kill " option. 

This is totally allowed on rules, and due campaing design, kill pilots on parachute, only report advantages for you team.

Is interesting, because  it forces to players to take a option. 

Im with all who prefer no kill pilots on parachutes and reserve a better "gentelmen" feeling on comunity... in the other hand i cant raise nothing against  parachute killers.... except something so old like be gently.

The only thing i miss... is a bit of democracy.... i mean..  will be nice see TAw admins taking on consideration some kind of debate about it , or some kind of poll... but, this is a totally private server, and the democracy... when you are enought old, you knows is only a ilussion.

hahahah.

Greetings Tbishopcharvet.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

I agree with u about reasson for no need kill pilots on parachute.

In your case, like me, again, is a personal option , totally respectable. 

If you are playing TAW  you must know, you are playing with  pilots.... maybe whole squadsin some cases,  who practice " parachute kill " option. 

This is totally allowed on rules, and due campaing design, kill pilots on parachute, only report advantages for you team.

Is interesting, because  it forces to players to take a option. 

Im with all who prefer no kill pilots on parachutes and reserve a better "gentelmen" feeling on comunity... in the other hand i cant raise nothing against  parachute killers.... except something so old like be gently.

The only thing i miss... is a bit of democracy.... i mean..  will be nice see TAw admins taking on consideration some kind of debate about it , or some kind of poll... but, this is a totally private server, and the democracy... when you are enought old, you knows is only a ilussion.

hahahah.

Greetings Tbishopcharvet.

Some very good observations!

No matter if it happens or not, I still am happy the server exists and am thankful to all that run it.

Also, Greetings!

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

To kill or not to kill? 

HTFU. If the server has pilots life as a resource, the OFC the pilot will be killed if an opportunity is given. The amount of pilot's lifes and total amount of flyable dudes has significant effect on the ongoing of war. 

Oh yes, this is a simulation of war. Not simulation of "lets go play golf together and drnk some tea and talk of vegan things". In war you kill people. In war you might even get killed by people. 

I really dont get this "uuh, i'm oldschool honorabru superhuman" talk. Ya'll going to do whatever it takes to win the war simulation in here. You try to kill the opposition without risk every time you take off anyways. You try to get better position, higher altitude, more energy, surprise by location, vulch the opposition, kill him/her in takeoff or landing glides and all of the sudden, when you fail in your killing and the dude jumps out you get this honorabru-hard-on to not finish the job. Almost like you'd be fine killing ppl as long as you don't haveto look at them in the eyeball. As long as you can do it from a place where no evil internet honorabru-hard-oners cannot judge you.

Personally IDGAF if I get shot in a chute. I failed already in the first place to end up in there. But it seems i'm one of the rare ppl's who understand, that me ending up in a chute and be killed hanging there ain't nothing, but my own fault. It ain't none, but me failing. Failing to see enemies, failing to evade them, failing to be aware.

Ps. I will shoot every chute i get presented to, if i have the time to it. I first check my surroundings to see, if i got time. Then i judge if i have time to. I also try to pilotkill crashlanded planes every time if possible.

Ain't war a bitch? 

edit: grammar

Edited by -FISTN-Ugly_Eric
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

To kill or not to kill? 

HTFU. If the server has pilots life as a resource, the OFC the pilot will be killed if an opportunity is given. The amount of pilot's lifes and total amount of flyable dudes has significant effect on the ongoing of war. 

Oh yes, this is a simulation of war. Not simulation of "lets go play golf together and drnk some tea and talk of vegan things". In war you kill people. In war you might even get killed by people. 

I really dont get this "uuh, i'm oldschool honorabru superhuman" talk. Ya'll going to do whatever it takes to win the war simulation in here. You try to kill the opposition without risk every time you take off anyways. You try to get better position, higher altitude, more energy, surprise by location, vulch the opposition, kill him/her in takeoff or landing glides and all of the sudden, when you fail in your killing and the dude jumps out you get this honorabru-hard-on to not finish the job. Almost like you'd be fine killing ppl as long as you don't haveto look at them in the eyeball. As long as you can do it from a place where no evil internet honorabru-hard-oners cannot judge you.

Personally IDGAF if I get shot in a chute. I failed already in the first place to end up in there. But it seems i'm one of the rare ppl's who understand, that me ending up in a chute and be killed hanging there ain't nothing, but my own fault. It ain't none, but me failing. Failing to see enemies, failing to evade them, failing to be aware.

Ps. I will shoot every chute i get presented to, if i have the time to it. I first check my surroundings to see, if i got time. Then i judge if i have time to. I also try to pilotkill crashlanded planes every time if possible.

Aon't war a bitch? 

I think someone might take this game and server a bit too seriously, talking about killing and stuff 😄 Kill kill kill 😄

I personally don`t care if someone shoots chute or not. I haven`t done it, it just don`t usually even occur to my mind. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

To kill or not to kill? 

Aon't war a bitch? 

I just find it puts a damper on my night when I have to wait a lot longer to fly because im out of lives.

Im not that good a fighter pilot anyways so its not like I pose a risk lol

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, =JG47=TBishopCharvet said:

I just find it puts a damper on my night when I have to wait a lot longer to fly because im out of lives.

Im not that good a fighter pilot anyways so its not like I pose a risk lol

I'm really crappy pilot tbh. Way below the average. So i die a lot. But even then, it just drives me to play better. 

To be fair, occationally it is possible to die without it being bad flying. Internet problems, wife agro etc. And i do get annoyed if i die for a no reason of mine. 

2 minutes ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

I'm really crappy pilot tbh. Way below the average. So i die a lot. But even then, it just drives me to play better. 

To be fair, occationally it is possible to die without it being bad flying. Internet problems, wife agro etc. And i do get annoyed if i die for a no reason of mine. 

Wife aggro is the #1 reason for me getting sloppy and trying to do my bombing missions too quick. Always ends bad for me

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Edit:

Question got answered

Edited by Ragor

56 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

I think someone might take this game and server a bit too seriously, talking about killing and stuff 😄 Kill kill kill 😄

I personally don`t care if someone shoots chute or not. I haven`t done it, it just don`t usually even occur to my mind. 

I personally think someone might take this game and server a bit too seriousely, coming to forums crying about evil men shootin their imaginary pixel chutes. 

Almost like little Johnny is running to mommy crying his hearth out. Mommy then asks what is wrong? Little Johnny answers "well, me and Little Mikey were playing fights". Mommy then asks what is wrong with that? Little Johnny answers "But he hit me for reals!!! 1!".

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

I personally think someone might take this game and server a bit too seriousely, coming to forums crying about evil men shootin their imaginary pixel chutes. 

Almost like little Johnny is running to mommy crying his hearth out. Mommy then asks what is wrong? Little Johnny answers "well, me and Little Mikey were playing fights". Mommy then asks what is wrong with that? Little Johnny answers "But he hit me for reals!!! 1!".

I have never complained about chute-shooters or ever will do.

But to some degree I can understand the folks who do:

Being chute-killed might ban them from flying on TAW for a day. So chute-shooters deny them to use their limited free time to live their hobby just because they can do so.

Edited by Ragor
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

You do realize that those emojis are laughing? And there`s two of them 😉😄

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

You do realize that those emojis are laughing? And there`s two of them 😉😄

I do. 

It's not as much of critique to you, than to the discussion going on in here. 

First there was the ai gunners. They were too this and that. 

Then there were balance by playercounts. 

After that the problem was the 262 is so op its not even op anymore. As soon as an 262 was spawned everyone on allied side instaexploded. 

Now there is this chute killing. 

Devil knows how many of these i have mussed. 

Can't ppl just be happy that taw is running and quit being [edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language

19 minutes ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

I do. 

It's not as much of critique to you, than to the discussion going on in here. 

First there was the ai gunners. They were too this and that. 

Then there were balance by playercounts. 

After that the problem was the 262 is so op its not even op anymore. As soon as an 262 was spawned everyone on allied side instaexploded. 

Now there is this chute killing. 

Devil knows how many of these i have mussed. 

Can't ppl just be happy that taw is running and quit being a [edited]

Fair enough.

There we agree that people cry too much about the game, the server, damage models, flying models and all possible things. I`ve said it many times in this thread among others over the times. And before someone misunderstand that you can`t say anything, bug reporting is good thing and should be done in appropriate part of the forum.

On 4/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Ok I will slow down on the memes after this one 

taw meme drifter.jpg

@=FSB=Man-Yac i just wanted to publicly let you know that today when i went to the market all of a sudden this meme came up to my mind and i started laughing. We get so toxic here than your memes are fresh air; Thank you Man-Yac, the top TAW mememan 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

If you had to wait until you land then you'd have to wait many minutes if you bailed out at 5K for example. 15 seconds is just long enough for the guy who shot you down to make one attempt at a chute kill. But you can still get captured in enemy territory.

Sorry, Sir.

This response doesn't really clarify the question.

So, bailing out immediately and mission end will prevent you from losing a life in TAW anywhere in the map?

Edited by D-Rock
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, D-Rock said:

Sorry, Sir.

This response doesn't really clarify the question.

So, bailing out immediately and mission end will prevent you from losing a life in TAW anywhere in the map?

To my understanding 'yes'. 'Finish Flight' usually ends the mission and then the server checks about the fate of your pilot.
Hanging on a chute no matter where and the mission itself ends <- lucky man, his flight was not ended yet and he was still airbourne.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ragor said:

To my understanding 'yes'. 'Finish Flight' usually ends the mission and then the server checks about the fate of your pilot.
Hanging on a chute no matter where and the mission itself ends <- lucky man, his flight was not ended yet and he was still airbourne.

I was thinking this. I wonder if the check determines distance behind enemy lines,  as I have seen some "lucky" people bail out 4-6 time over enemy territory without being captured, and retain their 3 lives.[on this map alone]

1 hour ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

@=FSB=Man-Yac i just wanted to publicly let you know that today when i went to the market all of a sudden this meme came up to my mind and i started laughing. We get so toxic here than your memes are fresh air; Thank you Man-Yac, the top TAW mememan 😁

Thanks for the kind words, it puts a smile on my face. I am happy some of you enjoyed my memes, I had a lot of fun making them.

And I gladly accept the title. I would like to thank google, gimp, my mom, the lockdown, and most importantly the TAW community. For all their shit posts and drama that make good meme material 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Salute chaps!

I would like to suggest to the TAW developers that they set up the Campaign so that it is possible for a pilot to give an aircraft that does not fly to a comrade of his own squadron who needs this aircraft.

Well........

I've always thought 15 seconds was way to short a time to leave the server, i flew over Kalinin in an F4 escorting two Ju88's the other night and watched the planes on the runway vanish one by one to avoid being attacked/bombed,

not that i do that sort of thing myself (!) But funny to watch.. So i think it should be more like 45 seconds.

This would also give the chute killers enough time to go round for a second run if they missed on the first one!

I'd also like to add Chimango has never shot me in a chute (good lad) 😉

And has TAW ever had full historic availability for planes and weapons on each map?

I know a lot wouldn't like it, but can we give it a go one time just to experience the swings and roundabouts of the technological advances of both sides? Please.

Keep up the good work, and the latest patch has certainly made a big difference!

17 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

The server is not listed. It is not visible

Probably due to the hotfix just released.

I like the idea of having a top five chute killers. I hope I can join other great pilots on there, like Chimmy. 😃

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Ragor said:

I have never complained about chute-shooters or ever will do.

But to some degree I can understand the folks who do:

Being chute-killed might ban them from flying on TAW for a day. So chute-shooters deny them to use their limited free time to live their hobby just because they can do so.

This is the main reason its not my cup of tea.

I sit down hopefully to have some fun with friends after a crummy shift. And then in 10 mins i cant for the rest of the day

but it is what it is

Edited by =JG47=TBishopCharvet

Does anyone experience stuttering on TAW after today's game patch?

10 minutes ago, =JG47=TBishopCharvet said:

This is the main reason its not my cup of tea.

I sit down hopefully to have some fun with friends after a crummy shift. And then in 10 mins i cant for the rest of the day

but it is what it is

Hey mate,

There are other servers out there that perhaps may not be your cup of tea, however, there aren't such time limits. These other servers, hopefully will certainly allow you to get your IL-2 fix after a hard day and dependant on your time zone you might get exposure to a different player mind-set.

Regards

A buddy of mine tried to play TAW with me for the first time the other day and got kicked after about 5 mins and then could not find the server on the dogfight server list again.

We confirmed his TAW profile matches his IL-2 Great Battles player profile, he restarted his machine but it still wasn’t there for him. He could see the other multiplayer servers, just not TAW. Never seen this before, any ideas?