=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

young padawain Relent.

Im too old and my memory fails... maybe was before 10 edition....

im playing from  beginning

:=)

On 4/11/2020 at 3:53 AM, D-Rock said:

Direct hits with 500s = 3% damage to untouched target?

Bombing is now pointless.

yesteday i red in russian forum anpetrovich´s statement about less boming damage after patch. they located the problem and will fix it next week. its a problem with static object like buildings and static ground targets which are set in a mission builder as a "enitity". 

there is also an option to set static objects to be more weak or strong against boming blast

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JG300_Faucon said:

That make me think shooting at chutes may waste the evening of someone because he only had 1 live left. 

This confirms how primitive chutekillers's brain is. Keep being pround of it :good:

My first death of this campaign was being chute killed by someone with a JG name. Since then I have felt no remorse unless we had a very fun 1v1.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, TSB_Helmut_Von_Sairait said:

Can i ask, why there is rule "It's forbidden for squadron members to fly on the both sides at the same time." when it can be broke and no one cares?

Spoiler

2020_4_11__22_21_25.jpg

The rule is surely there to prevent eavesdropping on other non-squadron member players. I am sure you can try to trust some players by their word of honor, that they won't spy on the enemy team for their friends on the opposing side. But there is no way to be completely sure this won't be exploited by members of some squadron, the urge to gain an unfair advantage is simply overwhelming for some, with victory to be paid at any cost.

There are many squadrons flying on both sides at the same time, it is just a question of whether the rule will be enforced or not, or if eventually too much cheating through this activity is reported.

wEXW2ca.png

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Polybymanus said:

The rule is surely there to prevent eavesdropping on other non-squadron member players. I am sure you can try to trust some players by their word of honor, that they won't spy on the enemy team for their friends on the opposing side. But there is no way to be completely sure this won't be exploited by members of some squadron, the urge to gain an unfair advantage is simply overwhelming for some, with victory to be paid at any cost.

There are many squadrons flying on both sides at the same time, it is just a question of whether the rule will be enforced or not, or if eventually too much cheating through this activity is reported.

wEXW2ca.png

Good point . 

On 4/12/2020 at 11:20 AM, TSB_Helmut_Von_Sairait said:

Can i ask, why there is rule "It's forbidden for squadron members to fly on the both sides at the same time." when it can be broke and no one cares?

2020_4_11__22_21_25.jpg

ACG_ItsDrifter has been grounded for 36 next missions.

17 hours ago, Polybymanus said:

wEXW2ca.png

They are in different squadrons but the name is the same. 

• Sad 2

Sad to say...But seems that the last update ruined the balance for the fighters. Maybe i am wrong, will test on the WOL server.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Since when has this been a rule? and since when has it been enforced? I've seen my fair share of people in squadrons who fly opposing sides, especially last TAW, if this was JUST implemented this TAW campaign I obviously didn't know until i got suddenly banned, which is poor in my opinion because i ask what is the point of restricting squadrons from flying one side? in ACG we are a clan of mixed pilots that have our own squadrons within ACG, we have people who ONLY fly german and people who ONLY fly russian. We never give info to one another of the opposing team if thats where this idea of restricting squadrons came from. 

I think it was quite obvious i was banned in order to be made an example for others, but it was a poor decision in my opinion. May i ask where this idea of restricting squadrons came from?

• Upvote 4

Enforcing the "squadron members flying on the same side only" is going to be difficult for large squadrons like ACG where many of their members barely know each other if at all.  I perfectly understand why the rule is in place--to try to prevent collusion--but any cheaters can easily circumvent it anyway by changing their IL-2 names anyway.  When you have a large squadron, you will have players that refuse to play one side and/or enjoy mixing it up often to balance sides.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, SCG_Limboski said:

Enforcing the "squadron members flying on the same side only" is going to be difficult for large squadrons like ACG where many of their members barely know each other if at all.  I perfectly understand why the rule is in place--to try to prevent collusion--but any cheaters can easily circumvent it anyway by changing their IL-2 names anyway.  When you have a large squadron, you will have players that refuse to play one side and/or enjoy mixing it up often to balance sides.

Technically it's not "squadron members flying on the same side only" but "squadron members flying on the same side at the same time on the same mission."

Personally I think the remote possibility of a squadron member leaking useful info to a squad member on the other side is more than offset by the benefit of the sides being more balanced by a split squad.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

Technically it's not "squadron members flying on the same side only" but "squadron members flying on the same side at the same time on the same mission."

Personally I think the remote possibility of a squadron member leaking useful info to a squad member on the other side is more than offset by the benefit of the sides being more balanced by a split squad.

This is silly, ACG is a clan with around 150 pilots, split into around 12 squadrons, 6 on both sides. Like i said, we have people who fly strictly one side or the other; we do not collude or communicate to get ANY type of advantage in the campaign. For us it is IMPOSSIBLE to say "Ok, we're going to fly this side, and this side only" without half the clan not being able to fly just due to the fact people have there personal preferences. 

Edited by ACG_ItsDrifter
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Polybymanus said:

wEXW2ca.png

Great news!!!

It means we are not cheating. ACG is not one squadron it's 12 squadrons. We have a membership of 150+ people with two sides and multiple squadrons. We only recently converted to using a group tag. Before we where badged under individual units but where all ACG. I was 7./JG26_Smokejumper. We had 601, 403 etc etc. Some of us don't even share language. We have German staffels where I can't even communicate with some members as I'm a typical anglo who never learnt another language.

Good for Luftwaffe larping though. ACHTUNG! SPITFIRE! It's a cool sounding callout. Anyway....

As we have left the Battle of Britain and move theatres our old system became impractical.

Drifter was in my squadron flying 109s until a few months back. He is currently flying VVS when he transferred sides to balance out numbers in our re-enactment group. We run a non competitive re-enactment of aerial combat in WWII.

TAW has had ACG members playing both sides in large numbers for years it's just that no one noticed as we didn't have a common badge. I've seen up to 20 of us in server playing both sides. We've been doing so for a long time.

We have a culture of not sharing info between sides. It ruins the experience for all. It's why we have been successful at running campaigns for nearly a decade. Furthermore, if someone was cheating it should be reported to our leaders. We frown on it big time. It undoes a lot of volunteer work......

https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk

If you think we are playing dishonestly please report the offenders but I don't think you'll have to.

I believe ACG has the largest membership of any air combat SIM group currently. We have leadership in their 40's and would prefer to not have a shitty image of being cheats.

I'd like to see us being split and play on both sides. If you make us all fly on one side we will become a different problem. We can through volume lock many other pixel pilots out of server, especially on Sundays.

That's not meant to be a threat or anything. It's just that a lot of us fly after campaign and a lot of us enjoy TAW. We can screw up balance in a more profound way than other groups.

Edited by ACG_Smokejumper
  • Upvote 8

Technically you don't need to be in a squad to cheat this way, I use to fly without a squadron name for a long time and I was always on comms with other people. Meaning I could cheat this way by flying the other side and giving info to them. The reality is you cannot stop that kind of cheating (completely) and preventing squadron flying different side is certainly a hurdle for that mentality. How big is that hurdle? I don't know..

I mean when you connect you can just select the other team and see how many people are taking off at what airfields and where the ju52 paratrooper zone, etc.. 

There will always be dickheads and I don't think we can do much about it. But maybe there isn't so many of them? 🙄

And maybe  big squadrons could provide list of what players will be flying which side and we should thrust them? 

I am an ACG pilot and have been flying TAW for RED this campaign, as opposed to the prior ones. Half of ACG flies Blue. We are a dozen squadrons flying under one roof to simulate axis vs allies campaigns and other immersive experiences. As such, TAW offers something that is quite unique and fascinating from our point of view. 

ACG Allies https://taw.stg2.de/squad_stats.php?name=Air Combat Group

ACG Axis https://taw.stg2.de/squad_stats.php?name=ACG

I kindly request the TAW team to un-ban Drifter and any other ACG members, if any, that have been banned under this rule. Our squadron goes beyond red or blue, which is inevitable with so many pilots to be honest. I can verify at no point in time have blue and red pilots of ACG been exchanging information or performing any activity that would otherwise degrade the TAW experience. It would go against our interests and those of the other TAW pilots and the IL-2 community as a whole.

• Upvote 5

I think Kathon didn't know what's up with ACG, I hope that ItsDrifter will be unbanned and ACG will be treated in a different way.

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2020 at 12:06 PM, Polybymanus said:

wEXW2ca.png

These guys are apart of the squadron I'm in. We didn't know this was against the rules. Like ACG, the 332nd has 4 squadrons within. During eastern war TAW we have pilots that prefer allied over axis, and some prefer axis over allied. Cheating and passing information between members wouldn't benefit any of us as this server is meant to be an immersive experience. There is no point for us to cheat.

1 hour ago, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

These guys are apart of the squadron I'm in. We didn't know this was against the rules. Like ACG, the 332nd has 4 squadrons within. During eastern war TAW we have pilots that prefer allied over axis, and some prefer axis over allied. Cheating and passing information between members wouldn't benefit any of us as this server is meant to be an immersive experience. There is no point for us to cheat.

In that post you are both more or less telling each other where you are operating . And giving away your locations even if its a joke don't forget other pilots will be operating in same locations.

Not sure why a ACG pilot  has been banned here this has nothing to do with ACG . 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Kathon. With the greatest of respect you do appear to have treated two identical situations very differently. I hope you feel able to relook at this. 

To everyone else, whilst i think the arguments put forward are valid, taking to chat to congratulate, banter and whetever with each other probably does you no favours (and only adds to the noise of all the other non tactical bitching, whining and name calling shitposts often seen on there). So perhaps re-enforce your own arguments of immersion and avoid the annoyance of others by perhaps not doing that. 

Edited by BOO

57 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Ropalcz said:

Another big boy shooting parachutes.

Not true! I aimed to the pilot! 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

If there's a multiple squadrons put together like ACG and 332FG obviously does, there's no reason to ban them. I think they've played fair.

If someone is childish enough to cheat in the computer game and then j**k off while watching the stats, so be it. Just like chute killing 😉

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ACG_ItsDrifter said:

in ACG we are a clan of mixed pilots that have our own squadrons within ACG, we have people who ONLY fly german and people who ONLY fly russian.

13 hours ago, ACG_ItsDrifter said:

This is silly, ACG is a clan with around 150 pilots, split into around 12 squadrons, 6 on both sides. Like i said, we have people who fly strictly one side or the other; we do not collude or communicate to get ANY type of advantage in the campaign. For us it is IMPOSSIBLE to say "Ok, we're going to fly this side, and this side only" without half the clan not being able to fly just due to the fact people have there personal preferences. 

13 hours ago, ACG_Smokejumper said:

It means we are not cheating. ACG is not one squadron it's 12 squadrons. We have a membership of 150+ people with two sides and multiple squadrons. We only recently converted to using a group tag.

12 hours ago, ACG_Cule said:

I am an ACG pilot and have been flying TAW for RED this campaign, as opposed to the prior ones. Half of ACG flies Blue. We are a dozen squadrons flying under one roof to simulate axis vs allies campaigns and other immersive experiences. As such, TAW offers something that is quite unique and fascinating from our point of view. 

ACG Allies https://taw.stg2.de/squad_stats.php?name=Air Combat Group

ACG Axis https://taw.stg2.de/squad_stats.php?name=ACG

I kindly request the TAW team to un-ban Drifter and any other ACG members, if any, that have been banned under this rule. Our squadron goes beyond red or blue, which is inevitable with so many pilots to be honest.

Interesting, very true, so you are divided strictly between red and blue side, right? How about that?

1099410730_Beznzvu.thumb.png.414c4117a6c86c462d31b83d06026ee2.png

Just asking...

Edited by TSB_Helmut_Von_Sairait
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TSB_Helmut_Von_Sairait said:

Interesting, very true, how about that?1099410730_Beznzvu.thumb.png.414c4117a6c86c462d31b83d06026ee2.png

Afaik it's allowed to have account on both sides. 

Posted (edited)

Yes it is, just didnt exactly match what ACGs say...

Edited by TSB_Helmut_Von_Sairait

1 hour ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Not true! I aimed to the pilot! 

Why do that? Serves nothing than ruin the time of another person

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ACG_ItsDrifter said:

Since when has this been a rule? and since when has it been enforced? I've seen my fair share of people in squadrons who fly opposing sides, especially last TAW, if this was JUST implemented this TAW campaign I obviously didn't know until i got suddenly banned, which is poor in my opinion because i ask what is the point of restricting squadrons from flying one side? in ACG we are a clan of mixed pilots that have our own squadrons within ACG, we have people who ONLY fly german and people who ONLY fly russian. We never give info to one another of the opposing team if thats where this idea of restricting squadrons came from. 

I think it was quite obvious i was banned in order to be made an example for others, but it was a poor decision in my opinion. May i ask where this idea of restricting squadrons came from?

Well... my decision wasn't the best one. This rule has been introduced some time ago but I understand that it could be unknown for many. There are many changes after every campaign. 

You aren't grounded anymore. 

The solution for this is to improve the script that automatically check if this rule is respected after spawning on the airfield or change the rule from the next campaign that it will be only possible to fly on the one side for the whole campaign.

For now please respect this rule: It's forbidden for squadron members to fly on the both sides at the same time.

On 4/11/2020 at 2:22 PM, Prancingkiller said:

so i just bailed over friendly lines, and i've been captured.. is that rule been changed? can't the manual be updated? i think the rules should be clear for everyone, not like you need to search rules in the endless thread of TAW, just keep the manual updated, and you'll have to answer way less question too!

the only information in the manual about that right now is:

If pilot crashes or bails out over enemy territory there is always a chance he will not be captured

You bailed out very close to the front line about 700m but this line on the map isn't perfect. I will try to improve it.

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, =JG47=TBishopCharvet said:

Why do that? Serves nothing than ruin the time of another person

Last TAW was the first TAW i ever shot to a chute; a way to deal with the damage LW guys did to the campaign by stacking the server. A "punishment" sort of speak.  Now i have reserved this beautiful feature to very very veeeery limited ammount of people and have my reasons about this that i won't elaborate here; i don't generally do it, and none in my squad does it with the exception of Kozlovsky...he is an outlaw 😄

"Ruin" the time? Why what's the big deal? Lose a streak? Who cares, hit refly and get another one. I've been killed in the chute many times... i didn't retaliate, i couldn´t care less.

The truth is this guy was shot down after being in advantage position, it was shot down by a worse plane which btw was damaged, probably he was mad about this idk, so inmediately after this he rushed to the forums with his screenshots. Why? Is not forbiden and his pilot survived, what's all the big fuzz?.

Here is the short story of the beautiful comunist machine that get's crippled in the controls and engine by a Ju87 sniper gunner, and the blonde knight who wants to get another easy trophy with his monster-rocket-climber-panzerfaust-launcher , but gets a surprise just before the forum rush.

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, TSB_Helmut_Von_Sairait said:

Yes it is, just didnt exactly match what ACGs say...

Its not what any of those posts say from my reading.  ACGers are just pointing out that they have pilots in their ranks who will always choose only to fly one side or the other so would be exculded for a session regardless of the side the first ACGer in chooses. TBH though I thought that was the case for all squads although -332FGs- treatment seems to imply otherwise. 

The issue is for ACG and LG to sort. I have full faith in the integrity of both to do so amicably.  Realistically though you cant have 150 players with dual accounts and one tag and expect peace to break out with a simple "trust us".  Especially in TAW. 

Asking about another rule that i'm unsure about, if anyone can answer, i damaged a 110 on the engines, and he kept taking damage every second, at some point following the log he stopped taking damage, so i guess he landed somewhere not on field? then he waited 7 minutes to the end of the mission and he got an IN FLIGHT, how does that work? because i'd like to do that too next time if it's permitted, that's the log

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=35923&name=Konig

thanks.

He was still in air. His damage just stopped damaging maybe oil dry out or something similar. Ask him what happend to him. If he would land or ditch IT would be on log

• Upvote 1

ah ok so if you land on the ground (not field) without damaging the plane it does say DITCH on the log even before you click FINISH MISSION?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BOO said:

Its not what any of those posts say from my reading.  ACGers are just pointing out that they have pilots in their ranks who will always choose only to fly one side or the other so would be exculded for a session regardless of the side the first ACGer in chooses. TBH though I thought that was the case for all squads although -332FGs- treatment seems to imply otherwise. 

The issue is for ACG and LG to sort. I have full faith in the integrity of both to do so amicably.  Realistically though you cant have 150 players with dual accounts and one tag and expect peace to break out with a simple "trust us".  Especially in TAW. 

You don’t. The only time I’ve ended up on both sides is when I tried to fly German and then realized (probably like Drifter) that the German teamstack was so bad I needed to switch sides to make it more fair.

Also, don’t expect ACG’s board to rule on following any such rule, because the organization on ACGs rules applies only to our server and campaign. Outside of that individuals can do whatever they want, within reason.

Also, “squadron” in ACG means the unit you are assigned to, not the organization as a whole, so that is confusing. I don’t even know many of the people outside my unit.

Edited by ACG_KaiLae