Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Hi .
In this edition of TAW, my squadmates and I are also noticing the ineffectiveness of the bombs on our departures with bomber planes.
It seems that the bombs don't destroy anything, they only give us damaged targets.

To this we must add the poor rendering of the buildings, at altitude they seem intact, then reviewing the recordings show that some were destroyed.
regards

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IMHO TAW is the best server ever and has nearly perfect trade-off between balance and history. The experience is very immersive and I enjoy it massively despite obvious limitations of the game and the server. Achieving 100% historic accuracy is obviously impossible. What is possible is to create a very immersive environment somehow resembling historic events, which TAW is very good at.

Edited by mincer
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

You need to boil it first before you shoot. 

If you boil it, then it lacks penetration! I prefer using Penne noodles on the mig and 109bf2 as they have alot of room for HE filler (tomato sauce). 

On another note I'd just like to just say that the JG 51 guys have been excellent opponents lately. I just had the pleasure to fight Adelmann and he took my wingman and I on a run as we struggled to land shots on him. That was some excellent flying. It's a shame you died but I really appreciated the fight you put up. Please bail out next time or ditch next time! It leaves a sour taste to see a good opponent die!

Edited by SCG_Sinerox
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mincer said:

IMHO TAW is the best server ever and has nearly perfect trade-off between balance and history. The experience is very immersive and I enjoy it massively despite obvious limitations of the game and the server. Achieving 100% historic accuracy is obviously impossible. What is possible is to create a very immersive environment somehow resembling historic events, which TAW is very good at.

 

I played on many servers and the immersion level is the same. TAW just creates a different gaming experiences by limiting the number of planes you can fly. The map changes, but you have to play for hours to feel that experience. The immersion comes with planning and executing missions which can take place on any server. Most servers have too many objectives thus spreading the participants over a wider area. If the server is less than full it is even worse. Although, I actually read that someone complained that objectives were too close together and they couldn't "sneak and destroy the target." Huh? LOL. That's immersive! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

You need to boil it first before you shoot. 

 

10 hours ago, Jizzo said:

Maybe adding a decent ammount of tomtato-sauce would help?

This is very sound advice guys, I will try it 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The current campaign shows that the planetset and the number of pilots on each side play a role, but the skill of each individual squad is of the utmost importance. On the first two maps, the losses of the pilots on the blue side were greater, although in the past few campaigns the opposite was true. This is the best indicator of
that a number of effective squads are now playing on the red side, which is why the balance has shifted.
It may be worthwhile to keep track of the moment before the start of a new campaign, so that the top 10 or 20 squads from the previous campaign evenly select the parties and do not gather on any one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

The current campaign shows that the planetset and the number of pilots on each side play a role, but the skill of each individual squad is of the utmost importance. On the first two maps, the losses of the pilots on the blue side were greater, although in the past few campaigns the opposite was true. This is the best indicator of
that a number of effective squads are now playing on the red side, which is why the balance has shifted.
It may be worthwhile to keep track of the moment before the start of a new campaign, so that the top 10 or 20 squads from the previous campaign evenly select the parties and do not gather on any one.

I agree with what you are saying but keep in mind that blue side usually loses more pilots. I have seen reds lose twice as much airplanes and have less pilots killed. The russians have p40 and mig3 which gives a lot of pks and they have "stronger airframes". Also they get captured less because of home advantage. Best indicators is to look at top 5 squads. Top 5 bombers and tank killers squads are all russian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

The current campaign shows that the planetset and the number of pilots on each side play a role, but the skill of each individual squad is of the utmost importance. On the first two maps, the losses of the pilots on the blue side were greater, although in the past few campaigns the opposite was true. This is the best indicator of
that a number of effective squads are now playing on the red side, which is why the balance has shifted.
It may be worthwhile to keep track of the moment before the start of a new campaign, so that the top 10 or 20 squads from the previous campaign evenly select the parties and do not gather on any one.

IIRC, the pilot losses balance was caused by the bad and biased modeling of the weapons and DM in the previous campaigns, at least that`s what was told on this thread back then. Apparently this has been changed, that`s good.

 

Also this campaign shows what happens when there are people on either side who fly instead of concentrating on other thing in the forums. That`s very good!

Edited by LLv24_Zami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, i have question for Admins, =LG= several times happened to me, that i join server during mission in the middle one hour after mission start for instance, blue side was full, my squad mates from TSB_ squad were in the air and I was forbidden to take off in queue on XY place. Is that right, because i should be able to fly, because my squad mates were in the air and we are big squadron (>6 players)? Thanks for the explanation.

Edited by TSB_Helmut_Von_Sairait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On the current TAW campaign: We noticed the bombs have less damage to what we were used to. In the video you see two attacks. In the first the tank is destroyed as it was a good hit. However trucks that are just 5-10m outside the cater are unharmed. They should get blast damage of 500KG at least!  In the second video you see a 100% hit on installations, but causing no damage at all. 

Correct me if i am wrong, but that was different before. I would kill 6-10 targets with the those bombs. Now i kill 1-2 per attack. 

 

Video: https://youtu.be/IsGvArl26Ss

 

JG4_Dugo

Edited by JG4_Dugo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

blue side usually loses more pilots.

During the last campaign on the Eastern Front, the picture was reversed. I specifically tracked this ratio. After the introduction of the G-mod, the red side regularly lost more pilots than the blue side, even though it was less likely to be captured.

https://forgotten-taw.tuttovola.org/2019-11/index.html

This link shows that even though many red pilots then stopped participating at the end of that campaign, the losses of the red side pilots are still greater: 202 vs 177.

 

I thought that this was due to the effect of G and aircraft features on each side.
However, the first map of the current campaign took place in exactly the same conditions, and on it the blue side again, as usual, began to lose more pilots, although only the fact that some large and experienced squads switched to the red side changed.
That is why I now believe that neither the G nor the characteristics of aircraft and weapons have a decisive influence on the possibility of dominance of one side over the other, but only the superior number of experienced pilots (squads) on one side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JG4_Dugo said:

On the current TAW campaign: We noticed the bombs have less damage to what we were used to. In the video you see two attacks. In the first the tank is destroyed as it was a good hit. However trucks that are just 5-10m outside the cater are unharmed. They should get blast damage of 500KG at least!  In the second video you see a 100% hit on installations, but causing no damage at all. 

Correct me if i am wrong, but that was different before. I would kill 6-10 targets with the those bombs. Now i kill 1-2 per attack. 

 

Video: https://youtu.be/IsGvArl26Ss

 

JG4_Dugo

Before or after the hotfix?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TSB_Helmut_Von_Sairait said:

Hi, i have question for Admins, =LG= several times happened to me, that i join server during mission in the middle one hour after mission start for instance, blue side was full, my squad mates from TSB_ squad were in the air and I was forbidden to take off in queue on XY place. Is that right, because i should be able to fly, because my squad mates were in the air and we are big squadron (>6 players)? Thanks for the explanation.

There is max limit 45 players cleared to take off for each side, so if blue side had 45 pilots than it's not possible to fly even if you are big squadron member.

 

If there is unbalance between sides e.g. 24 blues vs 12 reds and blue side is full then you as a member of a big squadron should be able to spawn and fly. This is possible only once during the mission. 

 

28 minutes ago, JG4_Dugo said:

On the current TAW campaign: We noticed the bombs have less damage to what we were used to. In the video you see two attacks. In the first the tank is destroyed as it was a good hit. However trucks that are just 5-10m outside the cater are unharmed. They should get blast damage of 500KG at least!  In the second video you see a 100% hit on installations, but causing no damage at all. 

Correct me if i am wrong, but that was different before. I would kill 6-10 targets with the those bombs. Now i kill 1-2 per attack. 

 

Video: https://youtu.be/IsGvArl26Ss

 

JG4_Dugo

 

Was it like that from the beginning of this campaign? Nothing has been changed in the durability of the buildings or trucks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kathon bombs do almost no damage since 4.005 donno if its changed by the hotfix but yesterday around 10am we droped 4x500 on arty and get 1 kill out of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

During the last campaign on the Eastern Front, the picture was reversed. I specifically tracked this ratio. After the introduction of the G-mod, the red side regularly lost more pilots than the blue side, even though it was less likely to be captured.

https://forgotten-taw.tuttovola.org/2019-11/index.html

This link shows that even though many red pilots then stopped participating at the end of that campaign, the losses of the red side pilots are still greater: 202 vs 177.

 

I thought that this was due to the effect of G and aircraft features on each side.
However, the first map of the current campaign took place in exactly the same conditions, and on it the blue side again, as usual, began to lose more pilots, although only the fact that some large and experienced squads switched to the red side changed.
That is why I now believe that neither the G nor the characteristics of aircraft and weapons have a decisive influence on the possibility of dominance of one side over the other, but only the superior number of experienced pilots (squads) on one side.

 

Ok so what now? This will be always a disbalancing factor and IT will not change we want freedom to people to choose side. Just stop taking it so serious and fly enjoy it. You loosing? Good someone Has to. Germans on WW2 were  winning and then they were losing same as russians. You can just feel their pain. It is good to be sometimes balanced sometimes disbalanced IT is good to be sometimes outnubered and superior on numbers. It was like that in real war. So again enjoy all of you the changing tides of war we propose and fly. enjoy holidays for all too. Best wishes from chutekillers LG 😚 

received_538994810333366.png

Skin made by iksde iksde L/R Todeskvlt 😄

Edited by =LG=Coldmanovich
  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, JG300_Faucon said:

How long is the death penalty before being able to fly again?

 

20 hours when you lose all of your lives

Edited by =L/R=todchenko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

 

Was it like that from the beginning of this campaign? Nothing has been changed in the durability of the buildings or trucks. 

 


It seems to be issue of the current game update at least

 

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20096&name=JG1_Pragr
 

three SC500 landed along the train for the distance equivalent to the length of single vagon. No kill, just damages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, =L/R=todchenko said:

 

20 hours when you lose all of your lives

 

No timer at all when you die? With or without lives left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JG300_Faucon said:

 

No timer at all when you die? With or without lives left?

 

👇

  

On 2/16/2019 at 1:10 AM, =LG=Kathon said:
  • When number of spawned players on one side is bigger than 10 then players from that side get time penalty (can't spawn for some period of time) when their sortie is ended as:

              death - 15 min
              captured\bail out\ditch\crash\disco - 10 min
              no time penalty for ditching on the friendly airfield (emergency landing)
           

            You can check your remaining time penalty in pilot details (hangar) under the experience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In this edition of TAW, (including Bodenplatte edition) I notice that the targets are very difficult to destroy. Is it true or is it my imagination?
I leave you a small video (it was made before the update, in the first map of this campaign)
regards

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, =LG=Coldmanovich said:

Ok so what now?

Never mind. I just shared my observations. Do not worry so much about this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Never mind. I just shared my observations. Do not worry so much about this)

It wasnt personal to You. Rather overall comment on balancing problem. Cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's quite fun and interesting to see how, on this server, chutekilling became some kind of national sport, something to be pround of. It's even more weird when it's the admin team itself that proudly defends this way of playing. 

 

After a lot of thinking, scientific observations, studies ... this leads to a single and an unique conclusion :coffee: : dickheads

Edited by JG300_Faucon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ala13_Antiguo said:

In this edition of TAW, (including Bodenplatte edition) I notice that the targets are very difficult to destroy. Is it true or is it my imagination?
I leave you a small video (it was made before the update, in the first map of this campaign)
regards

 

 

 

I have the feeling as well that on Taw objects are quite hard to destroy. We droped bombs near buildings just to damage them a little bit. I remember one sortie when one AAA was inside the crater of a 1000kg bomb and was not destroyed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JG300_Faucon said:

It's quite fun and interesting to see how, on this server, chutekilling became some kind of national sport, something to be pround of. It's even more weird when it's the admin team itself that proudly defends this way of playing. 

 

After a lot of thinking, scientific observations, studies ... this leads to a single and an unique conclusion :coffee: : dickheads

 

try it yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, =L/R=todchenko said:

 

try it yourself

 

I can't. May be because i'm not a... you know. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JG300_Faucon said:

 

I can't. May be because i'm not a... you know. 

 

doit.png.70c4b846d086b50049b742d2e40fe63c.png

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I'm downloading the hotfix now. It was not available yesterday. One of the features there is 

Quote

48. Insufficient blast damage in case of a very near explosion or inner explosion has been corrected;

so we'll see what happens now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JG1_Pragr said:

OK, I'm downloading the hotfix now. It was not available yesterday. One of the features there is 

so we'll see what happens now.

56. The blast damage calculations use a more accurate power law depending on the distance to the blast center. The damage inflicted by a blast and its ability to break through an armor sheet now drops as the distance increases faster than before, but became much more powerful at very short distances;

 

And how is it now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prequel memes? 

LG players after they land and they get asked about their sortie

1489491669_ikilledthemallmeme.thumb.jpg.de4602b2a53e41e617c45d579eb6fd2a.jpg

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Prequel memes? 

LG players after they land and they get asked about their sortie

1489491669_ikilledthemallmeme.thumb.jpg.de4602b2a53e41e617c45d579eb6fd2a.jpg

 

Usually is more like 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It seems to be working again now. Ground targets are more resilient but not indestructible anymore. I tried the train. Cannot say how is it working in case of armor units.

Edited by JG1_Pragr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Prequel memes? 

LG players after they land and they get asked about their sortie

1489491669_ikilledthemallmeme.thumb.jpg.de4602b2a53e41e617c45d579eb6fd2a.jpg


You made my day :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JG1_Pragr said:

It seems to be working again now. Ground targets are more resilient but not indestructible anymore. I tried the train. Cannot say how is it working in case of armor units.

250 kg bomb - the train is still alive

Train.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...