Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Maybe something like this:

 

IvVItQQ.png

 

It probably needs more balancing in plane numbers so feel free to change up the numbers and give your opinion as well. Maybe we should also consider giving the RAF the Mustang but in low numbers since they also used this plane.

 

S!

Edited by Riksen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that dying/capped in the 262 could reset all your planes back to zero as if you had lost all of them?

 

This way flying it is at great risk and it takes a lot of CMs to re-earn it, spacing them out more. Currently you can get a new one after a few resupply sorties.

Edited by Talon_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Riksen said:

Maybe something like this:

 

IvVItQQ.png

 

It probably needs more balancing in plane numbers so feel free to change up the numbers and give your opinion as well. Maybe we should also consider giving the RAF the Mustang but in low numbers since they also used this plane.

 

S!

Riksen please add arado 234 and spit XIV and you will be promoted to LG recruit o7 i like this plane set

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

Riksen please add arado 234 and spit XIV and you will be promoted to LG recruit o7 i like this plane set

 

 

Shit. Totally forgot about them lol. Thanks for the heads up. I'll update the planeset and will also give you guys access to it so you may edit the table as well (if you wish).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riksen said:

Maybe something like this:

 

IvVItQQ.png

 

It probably needs more balancing in plane numbers so feel free to change up the numbers and give your opinion as well. Maybe we should also consider giving the RAF the Mustang but in low numbers since they also used this plane.

 

S!

I would say that our G-6 late is the one with MW-50, so no point to add a AS version. Why no G-14 in the first map (I'm not sure if it entered in service around Normandy by this timeframe)? Not having 262s at least on map #3 seems a big trade off for balance, in my opinion there should be 2 262s available in map #3 and 4 in map #4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

@=LG=Kathon I suggest for matters of balance to restrict 262s to take off AND land in their designated airfields, and if a 262 land otherwise, it  should count as a ditch. That would make Reds last 15 minutes longer in the map and complain less in the forums.

You mean it’s not a ditch now?  I would have thought it would have been set up that if you can only take off from back concrete airbases you already would get a ditch if you landed a 262 on a forward airbase...  so yeah, thats a given (I.e I agree with this enhancement request).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AKA_Relent said:

You mean it’s not a ditch now?  I would have thought it would have been set up that if you can only take off from back concrete airbases you already would get a ditch if you landed a 262 on a forward airbase...  so yeah, thats a given (I.e I agree with this enhancement request).

No it isn't counting as a ditch, to be honeest that prolongs 262 combat time from 15 to 25minutes. Considering 262 has to fly from rear airfields, it takes around 15-20minutes to reach the front (25minutes to enemy airfields), thus as it takes around 1h-1h20min of flight in a 262, it would then reduce to 30min of combat time/vulching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

No it isn't counting as a ditch, to be honeest that prolongs 262 combat time from 15 to 25minutes. Considering 262 has to fly from rear airfields, it takes around 15-20minutes to reach the front (25minutes to enemy airfields), thus as it takes around 1h-1h20min of flight in a 262, it would then reduce to 30min of combat time/vulching.

 

I believe that currently it doesn't count as a ditch, but if you don't return the jet to the rear base then one less jet will be available at that base. It's not much of a detriment though, for example with 40 minutes left in a map most blues probably use up their last 20 minutes of fuel to keep fighting and land at the nearest base, then fly something else for the last 20 minutes of the map, All six 262s are then available again after the map rolls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

 

I believe that currently it doesn't count as a ditch, but if you don't return the jet to the rear base then one less jet will be available at that base. It's not much of a detriment though, for example with 40 minutes left in a map most blues probably use up their last 20 minutes of fuel to keep fighting and land at the nearest base, then fly something else for the last 20 minutes of the map, All six 262s are then available again after the map rolls.

That's exactly what's happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Riksen said:

... and give your opinion as well.

 

I recommend representing the 9th Air Force with a fighter-bomber +1 option on maps later than the first two maps.

 

9thAF_plane_set.jpg

 

On Map #1 and #2, you have the P-47 as a +1, without ordnance restrictions.  The P-47 became the USAAF's primary fighter-bomber, would seem appropriate for it to be +1 on all maps, not just 1 & 2.

 

The A-20Gs & A-20Hs (with the glass-nosed A-20J & A-20K as lead ships) were operated in smaller numbers in the 9th Air Force, three bombardment groups, and they operated primarily at medium level, due to "prohibitive losses" from heavy German ground fire at low level.  I don't view them as a +1 fighter-bomber option, instead of the +1 P-47 fighter-bomber option, on Maps 3 & 4.

 

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback request.  😎

Edited by Falkenstein
Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that this is a playtest of the campaign, i think we can judge fairly well that the last map with the 262 is very problematic and always will be as long as it is in the campaign. I can totally understand that people want it there because it was flown in that time but in my opinion it adds more problems than positives.

 

I don't have to remind anyone that people will abuse game mechanics, the past has shown that clearly and the TAW devs had to put in a lot of effort to prevent something like that from happening again. I am afraid that the 262 is a beast that is not tameable. No limitations will certain people stop them from abusing it and therefor ruining the experience for a lot of people. Again, this is a test and nobody really cares about the campaign results but in an actual campaign i don't see myself and others i have been talking to play maps as allies when the 262 is available, no matter the quantity.

Edited by Operation_Ivy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Riksen said:

... and give your opinion as well.

 

I'd recommend the Ju 52/Зm added as a transport option, especially since sixty-seven Ju 52/Зms dropped 800 Fallschirmjäger behind the U.S. Army lines during the Ardennes counter-offensive.  While after Ardennes, the number of air-supply sorties was more limited, but the Ju 52/Зm was still active.  

Luft_trnsprt_plane_set.jpg

Edited by Falkenstein
spelling
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

People complaining about vulcing in a expansion module that was named after one of the biggest vulcing gig in whole WW2  :dance:

 

 


Totally. I you can get away with a successful vulch in TAW then good for you, it takes skill, even in a 262

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:


Totally. I you can get away with a successful vulch in TAW then good for you, it takes skill, even in a 262

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=25076&name=Cpt_Siddy

 

mad skillz :biggrin:

 

Squads that insist on cool, cinematic takeoffs, are just begging to get massacred on the runway....:dance:

 

Next time i think ill try to use R4M rockets while listening to R4M Ranch...

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

So I guess something is broken in TAW.

 

I shot down an A-20, and the kill was registered - but no kill was actually awarded.

 

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=25530&name=JG7_X-Man

 

What was really weird is the guys was flying with his gear down. Not sure if that is some sort of bug that was being exploited.

Pilot exit 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Teniendo en cuenta que esta es una prueba de juego de la campaña, creo que podemos juzgar bastante bien que el último mapa con el 262 es muy problemático y siempre lo será mientras esté en la campaña. Puedo entender totalmente que la gente lo quiere allí porque fue volado en ese momento, pero en mi opinión agrega más problemas que positivos.

 

No tengo que recordarle a nadie que las personas abusarán de la mecánica del juego, el pasado lo ha demostrado claramente y los desarrolladores de TAW tuvieron que esforzarse mucho para evitar que algo así vuelva a suceder. Me temo que el 262 es una bestia que no es tameable. Ninguna limitación impedirá que ciertas personas abusen de él y, por lo tanto, arruinen la experiencia para muchas personas. Nuevamente, esta es una prueba y a nadie le importan los resultados de la campaña, pero en una campaña real no me veo a mí mismo ni a otros con los que he estado hablando para jugar mapas como aliados cuando el 262 está disponible, sin importar la cantidad.

Fuel limited, only 30/40min fly, use to defense axis zone ..

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind the 262 but I do mind that people won't even the teams.  I was just playing allies with one guy and me against 13 Axis. Again... I found a screenshot from last year of 1 red (me) v 20 blue.  Apparently these blue guys flying jet's on a stacked team don't know or care what sportsmanship or even common decency is. 

 

I swapped sides from blue to red when I realized that red was usually outnumbered but I don't understand why so many just stay on the stacked team. Selfish children who don't wanna share the nice toys?

 

Why would anybody join the server as red when they will be so badly outnumbered? This is hurting the player counter obviously. 7 v 7 would have been a fine fight. We had the numbers to do that.

 

Maybe if the TAW devs just made it easier for people to changes teams this might help. It's not fun or historical- 12 jets v 1 mustang.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=25076&name=Cpt_Siddy

 

mad skillz :biggrin:

 

Squads that insist on cool, cinematic takeoffs, are just begging to get massacred on the runway....:dance:

 

Next time i think ill try to use R4M rockets while listening to R4M Ranch...

Please, do not show of yourself, Nothing to be proud of here. Every lame can do this. You just exploiting game and rules. Thank you.

sidy.png

 

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Pilot exit 

 

Who excited? Me or the guy? I still flew over 53 minutes and landed at an active base? 

Plus - I lost my Fw 190D-9! If this is just flying for the hell of it - that's cool too, just let me know.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

Who excited? Me or the guy? I still flew over 53 minutes and landed at an active base? 

Plus - I lost my Fw 190D-9! If this is just flying for the hell of it - that's cool too, just let me know.

From your stats looks like you didnt hit end mission but leave server wich could end in pilot exit. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Boys, I have 2 question´.

1) Flak on Allies Airfield dont exist? German Airfields is full of flak 37 against the Vulchers. It is possible add flak to allies airfield too? Or Allies flak is bugged?

2) Ve have air temperature -15°C to -20°C on green map. Well.... green Me-262 is invissible at low altitude, but his engine is not overheat. It is purpose? Why not green map on 0+°C and snow map on 0-°C? 


Guys, it is not funny for Allies flying outnumbered, against better airplanes and be vulched. Want you burried TAW? Really?

Thanks for answers from admins.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CSW_606_Tempik said:

Hello Boys, I have 2 question´.

1) Flak on Allies Airfield dont exist? German Airfields is full of flak 37 against the Vulchers. It is possible add flak to allies airfield too? Or Allies flak is bugged?

2) Ve have air temperature -15°C to -20°C on green map. Well.... green Me-262 is invissible at low altitude, but his engine is not overheat. It is purpose? Why not green map on 0+°C and snow map on 0-°C? 


Guys, it is not funny for Allies flying outnumbered, against better airplanes and be vulched. Want you burried TAW? Really?

Thanks for answers from admins.

Flak does exist and there are plently on allies airfields, the fact is that the low caliber one has a slow time to set up and slow rotation time.

 

262s fly mostly at max continuous power, it's quite hard to actually overheat it when the plane is at 700kph and there's a huge airflow flowing through it (correct me if I'm mistaken).

 

Apparently the winter map has a bug on Fürstenau airfield, no one could respawn there, so I reported that to Kathon and he decided to change it to Autumn. I don't know where you live but Autumn in Europe can get to really low temperatures in the last months before Winter.

 

If you are being vlched or there's a high possibility, take off from the rear airfields, I don't see why reds can't do that. It's as if reds have problems with fuel consumption.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sos_KARAYA1 said:

I got a 20h time penalty and would really like to know from what?? I started on a grass field, flew 30 min and got shot down... 

 

Sounds like you ran out of lives. You get 3 to start a map, you lose one with every death or capture. You might lose less than one if you die on the outnumbered side. You’ll get a new life after those 20 hours

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CSW_606_Tempik said:


Guys, it is not funny for Allies flying outnumbered, against better airplanes and be vulched. Want you burried TAW? Really?
 

 

You were not vulched, you got shot down because you got lost in your transport A-20 because someone killed the radio bacon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am from Czech Republic / middle Europe. Winter average temperatures  is cca -5°C to +5°C. -20°C is only on mountain, or very cold night. Western Europe is more warm then mid becoause sea.
We flying from rear Airfield!!!!!! This airfields is target too!!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

sidy.png

 

that's so pathetic, almost sad to watch, people doing nothing but camping airfields with 262's ruined this TAW for sure. i think that that had to be limited in terms of player, like a single 262 each and if you lose it it's gone for you, not like "ah well i'll just farm some transport and get the most op plane back in my hangar!" and let's camp again.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

You were not vulched, you got shot down because you got lost in your transport A-20 because someone killed the radio bacon. 

I dont use bacon. I waited far from airfield and waiting because airfield was under attack. And my teammate was vulched in this same time. One after takeoff and second after landing on cgarleroi airfield.

But u are hero too. You flying near airfield and kill returning planes. Transpot, damaged, everythink with gear and flaps near airfield. Wow. Pilot trash......

Edited by CSW_606_Tempik
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =LG=Coldman said:

From your stats looks like you didn't hit end mission but leave server which could end in pilot exit. 

 

Ahh!!! See I had a feeling it was user error! :dash:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=25076&name=Cpt_Siddy

 

mad skillz :biggrin:

 

Squads that insist on cool, cinematic takeoffs, are just begging to get massacred on the runway....:dance:

 

Next time i think ill try to use R4M rockets while listening to R4M Ranch...

 

What a load of rubbish! So your saying if they had taken off individually you wouldn't have shot them down one by one?! 

Edited by Wanganui_Wildcat
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...