=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)

RAFCIO

Enschede was a normal spawn field but i could not return there because it became empty "pale blue with cross" , so where should i land if not at a live spawn airfield ? i am new to this server and there is nothing about this in the manual .  

Edited by adler_68

Posted (edited)

You're right. Manual on the site needs updating. Maybe it will happen soon. I have one for you and others seeking advice. Look through these 415 pages and find information that Kathon posted at the beginning of each edition. There, you'll find the info you need about the rules at TAW. And as for your case, your airfield has been closed for take-off planes because of the advantage of your site. You could have landed on it. You cannot land at airfield that are closed at the beginning of the mission (being attacked or destroyed).

Check point number 5. Changelog.

Edited by =L/R=Rafcio
No reason
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@=LG=Kathon Fürstenau airfield is bugged, can't spawn in 262s and any other airplane as well. Problem is with everyone, I saw airfield with 3 other guys trying in vain.

Edited by SCG_Gustav_Hagel

Posted (edited)

RAFCIO

sorry where can i download the PDF 415 page manual ? i sent a PM to Kathon requesting the link .

Edited by adler_68

8 hours ago, adler_68 said:

questions on targets

A) Are all enemy airfields circled and colored targets ?

B) What are the multiple brick like markings in enemy cities ?

C) Enemy tanks vehicles trains in movement , do they have a final destination where the remaining objects from attacks stop and remain visible to the end of the mission ?

D) you must land only at the airfield you took off from to get full points and not be considered ditched ? 

q.jpg

a) Airfields with text "Attack!" are targets. Those are close to the front-line.

b) Square icon is a city that can be captured without any airfield.

c) Targets on the roads or railways stay in the same position for the whole current mission. They are moved between missions.

d) You don't have to land on the airfield you had took off. You can't land on the airfields that are closed from the beginning of the mission. (check the web map or mission briefing to check if airfield is closed from the beginning).

2 hours ago, adler_68 said:

Take off and returning to base issue

i took off from an airfield which was flicking between spawn and empty , then when it went spawn i took off and on my way back it had switched to empty again so i went and landed at another spawn airfield only to get the forced landing sign and lost all point off the mission plus i lose my aircraft . Can someone please explain to me how i should have handled this situation . thanks 

Check d) answer. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

@=LG=Kathon Fürstenau airfield is bugged, can't spawn in 262s and any other airplane as well. Problem is with everyone, I saw airfield with 3 other guys trying in vain.

Very strange bug. This airfield is generated in the same way as others. Was is like that on map #1 and every mission?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Very strange bug. This airfield is generated in the same way as others. Was is like that on map #1 and every mission?

It was normal in the other maps, haven't tried in other missions from map #2. As soon as the map rolls, I'll try once again.

EDIT: It's still bugged in the mission after

Edited by SCG_Gustav_Hagel

Wait to the end of mission. You can see your ditched plane. Give the time for your ground crew to find it. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, -=-THERION said:

I just checked your profile on TAW - I think you should do it too, so you understand why you can't fly the Spitfire V at the moment. And please

check the rules also - it will help you too.

tempsnip.thumb.png.b1973d9071bea0f61903ee2a20a9eb75.png

This is your actual list of available planes on TAW - check the red marked figures.

Cheerio

OMG! Now you know how bad I am! But you have explained it perfectly! I just need to get better! And I did Donate, will that help?LOL!

2 hours ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

It was normal in the other maps, haven't tried in other missions from map #2. As soon as the map rolls, I'll try once again.

There is game bug in the winter map. I will change the season to autumn.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Kathon

a) All airfields that are grey color are closed for the current mission for landing  from the webpage current mission briefing . image attached .

b) in game  briefing this what i see . image attached .

my questions are which are the closed airfields for landing , grey or light  blue with cross ? i can land on all spawn airfields from which map game or web page ? In game yesterday i landed on a spawn air field and i got the bad news  since i am new i did not check before starting the game which are closed in the web site . Can i land on the light blue with cross or not ?  in this case Wesel .

no objects.jpg

cannot land.jpg

Edited by adler_68

Posted (edited)

I just did an 18 minute sortie in a Fw 190 G-8 with 3x 250kg bombs (under the category of Fw 190 A-8 Jabo) landed with no damage

Unfortunately I didn't get any kills, but I also did not get a CM at the end of the sortie.

I was under the impression that any sortie that last more than 15 minutes in an attack plane would get a CM.  Is this not the case anymore?

Also, what determines if the Fw190 A8 is the Jabo?  Does it have to be the G-8/F-8 variant?  or can it just be a regular A-8 with a ETC 501 Central Bombholder, or 21 cm BR rockets?

Edited by SCG_FeuerFliegen

16 minutes ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

For fighter/Jabo you have to fly 25 min or hit something to have a CM..

Ok, I know this for fighters, but being that on the TAW web site Jabo is listed under attackers category, I assumed it would have the rules of an attacker.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, adler_68 said:

Can i land on the light blue with cross or not ?  in this case Wesel .

no objects.jpg

cannot land.jpg

In this case you can land on Wesel.

Edited by =L/R=Rafcio
No reason.
  • Thanks 1

Just signed up for the current TAW and true to my usual practice I signed up for the team with the least players. Which matches my prediction for the Rhineland map.

2073655408_PictflysLufty.JPG.c83f599a81eae89ff743dec03abbb527.JPG

The plane set is spot on for me as I like Fw190's, Ju88's & He111's and have little interest in the 109 or 262. I hope I have the time to get shot down a few time before the end of this short campaign :biggrin: 

I have noticed that the fuel regulator valve is available for the Me 262, but the manual says it is excluded. D37B40C3-3C1B-413A-B758-9EC5554603E9.jpeg.9308a398b63a9315a4f623e8adefc4f0.jpeg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

JG4_AMMI...ejem...ejem.. ACHUSSSS¡¡😷 👾

CAMPER 100% 

mimimi

its called recon and interdiction. and yes i attack lone contacts over enemy territory if the situation is favourable.

Edited by JG4_Ammi
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JG4_Ammi said:

mimimi

se llama reconocimiento e interdicción. y sí, ataco contactos solitarios sobre territorio enemigo si la situación es favorable.

The hunter hunted...

Now i can rest in peace.

Sorry JG4_NOW99 you fell doing what you loved, camper.

• Like 6

Today intercepted first m262 .... hhahahahahahahha ... i dive from 3k to 0 mts.... plane was shaking like a crazy... i had to use trim to go out of my dive... he breaks and continue running... i managed to hit 2 shots on plane..... 

But the best of this TAW is see a me262 strafing  and killing a pilot on runway. fantastic! m262 vulching over bases... our AAA start shoting when enemy pass and was at 1km of base... 

i dont know for what reasson TAW have me262 ... i know is a design decision. But i dont know if the objective is this... see m262 sneaking around the map and vulching landing planes over bases...

But one of the best things is , on taw u can rewrite history , and imagine what can will be happening if...

• Sad 1

Fun campaign so far, even though I'm dying by lawn-darting more than from enemy action; I didn't practice and wasn't prepared to fly American planes, haha.

Question for those familiar with the P-38 in a ground attack role: did you ever get the biggest bombs (2000lb M66) not exploding as expected? I attacked a bridge yesterday, set the fuse to 5s, and unless I somehow missed spotting the huge explosion behind me I'm almost certain the bomb didn't explode. Is there something different about setting or dropping the biggest American bomb?

Posted (edited)

Can we have a limit of the amount of 262 allowed at one time, or a requirment to be x rank in order to fly one, the fact that half their team is in one is a bit ridiculous

Edited by Cerdon
  • Like 1

Interesting... In the first map, Allies barely won and barely avoided a loss instead with only a few planes left in spite of Axis dominating all the top-of-page stats categories but being nearly helpless at advancing on the map. 

In map #2 the loss rate of both teams seems a bit more of a close race so far, but it seems Allies are failing to push forward. 

I wonder what the differing factors are for these (so far) results.  

39 minutes ago, Cerdon said:

Can we have a limit of the amount of 262 allowed at one time, or a requirment to be x rank in order to fly one, the fact that half their team is in one is a bit ridiculous

There is 6 planes/map... stop being a drama queen and look for the very easy to spot double smoke trails in the sky. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

Fun campaign so far, even though I'm dying by lawn-darting more than from enemy action; I didn't practice and wasn't prepared to fly American planes, haha.

Question for those familiar with the P-38 in a ground attack role: did you ever get the biggest bombs (2000lb M66) not exploding as expected? I attacked a bridge yesterday, set the fuse to 5s, and unless I somehow missed spotting the huge explosion behind me I'm almost certain the bomb didn't explode. Is there something different about setting or dropping the biggest American bomb?

This tonight happened to me. 
JaBo Fw190.  

dropped five bombs on target none exploded. 10s delay 

guess there is a bug. 
never had this before not on Axis airframes. You can drop very low on targets with delay. Yet no bombs went off. 
very odd.  
with your 2000ib it would make big big cloud can’t miss it even if you miss bridge. 

Edited by KoN_

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KoN_ said:

JaBo Fw190.  

guess there is a bug. 
never had this before not on Axis airframes. You can drop very low on targets with delay. Yet no bombs went off. 
very odd.  
with your 2000ib it would make big big cloud can’t miss it even if you miss bridge. 

Well I would expect it with late war German bombs, made under difficult wartime pressure by slave labour who liked sabotage; but bombs made in the goode ole USA should have 0% duds!! 😉

Seriously though, it was odd and I couldn’t replicate the bug offline. I don’t know if this is relevant, but right before I dropped I cycled through the drop options: drop left first, drop right first, drop both, before dropping left first. I didn’t get an explosion for the second bomb either, but by the time I released the second one I was already spiralling out of control and about to hit the ground from flak damage.

Edited by WokeUpDead

1 hour ago, KoN_ said:

JaBo Fw190.  

guess there is a bug. 
very odd.  

Did a JaBo mission on a Fw 190 D-9, my single 500kg with 5sec delay didn't explode, I dropped too low, almost about 20 meters above the ground though, I don't know if that might be the explanation.

Posted (edited)

a couple of game play questions

Do the airfields fire flares when about to be attacked ? only during attack ? never ? all clear flare ?

Do all defense targets  warn of enemy arrival in the area prior to attack ?  

Edited by adler_68

33 minutes ago, adler_68 said:

a couple of game play questions

Do the airfields fire flares when about to be attacked ? only during attack ? never ? all clear flare ?

Do all defense targets  warn of enemy arrival in the area prior to attack ?  

I know I’ve seen airfield flares but I can’t remember if it was on this server or another. Either way, there is a server notification message about enemy planes near friendly airfields and an enemy plane icon at the airfield on the map.

No, most targets do not get an early warning, only a minutes-delayed message when damaged. I think there are recon vehicles on the ground that warn of enemy planes in the area but I’m not sure how they are placed or how many there are on a map. If you fly too low and too close to one you’ll get a nasty AA surprise. Does anyone know if those scouts can be destroyed?

34 minutes ago, =L/R=todeskvlt said:

Rammjager what happend? 😄

Will he be allowed to keep his 10 AK streak after that one? Clearly the Wehraboo disco so he would not die with the control lock.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

So after this map rolled and since many have plenty of time, can we start a good old eastern front TAW right away after this?^^

#TAWforsocialdistancing

• Like 2
  • Upvote 15

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

So after this map rolled and since many have plenty of time, can we start a good old eastern front TAW right away after this?^^

#TAWforsocialdistancing

I agree! The west front was a interesting and little journey, but on the eastern front the campaign is a more fun in my opinion. Also I have a lot of freetime now so I need TAW 😄

Edited by JuliMonkey
  • Upvote 4