=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

does TAW reset the statistics of each pilot to zero each month ? therefore archives each months results .

27 minutes ago, adler_68 said:

does TAW reset the statistics of each pilot to zero each month ? therefore archives each months results .

No. This is not a 24/7, all year round server. When the next campaign starts, the stats reset. You can, however, see some of thr previous campains here:

https://forgotten-taw.tuttovola.org/

• Thanks 2

Each campaign starts from zero and you reffer to the archives per campaign for stats . great .

43 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

How do you find when a mission end? I fly for 15 minutes and the mission end . very frustrating

Read the manual

• Upvote 1

i always check the stats page for all details before joining .the average life of a mission is 2 hrs .check the manual .

eerr.jpg

• Upvote 2

Luse , u need check on website how many time remaining

Over the map, u can see team players counter and elapsed time , check it before join.

Mision duration is around 2:00 Hours +/- 5 min

Sorry for my bad english :)

Offers and wishes for Bodenplatte TAW.
1. More anti-aircraft are needed at the facilities (in defence, trains, columns of vehicles and tanks). There are very big bombs in this map and it is often the case that even one-two bombs destroys all anti-aircraft positions.
I think for anti-aircraft position spread them over long distances (on defence or trains)
2. Also change the structure of defense by distributing objects at long distances from each other - for the same reason, in paragraph 1.
3. I think that the P-47 can be in the storm (as P-38 Attacker), having removed from the fighters. May be in second map?
4. On the second map remove the P-47 from the fighters (may be make him sturm-attacker?), but add the Spitfire with 150 octane fuel.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

some gameplay questions

A) what does 1+CM in pilot stats mean .

B) In sorties stats i have a line  that says IN FLIGHT 1m 32 secs  and thats all , what is this ?

B) Why are'nt we not allowed to equip the FW190 A8 with bombs ? its my favourite ground attack plane , skip bombing ships etc .

Edited by adler_68

Posted (edited)

Could someone point me to info on deaths and 20 hour penalty?

It seems I've lost multiple lives in one shoot down in my 110. Now I have to wait 20 hours.☹️

Manual is not clear about this.

Hi Adler.

I'm new here, and to Box, but I may be able to help a bit.

A)

Pilot gets one basic aircraft marked as +1 after each mission if he doesn’t have any of such type.

Pilot gets one aircraft after 3 combat missions.

The combat mission (CM) is:

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie with AK/GK

· DITCHED on the friendly airfield sortie with AK/GK

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie without any AK/GK lasts at least 15 min for bombers and attackers

· LANDED/IN FLIGHT sortie without any AK/GK last at least 25 min for fighters

· transport sortie

· Bombers may get additional one combat mission for each 20 min of flight time after the first 15 min (this sortie must have AK/GK).

If pilot ditches on the friendly open airfield then his aircraft will be replenish in the next mission.

If pilot ditches on the friendly territory but outside the airfield then his aircraft will be replenish after 3 next missions. To ditch try to belly land as close your friendly cities or ground units as possible.

If pilot crashes or bails out over enemy territory there is always a chance he will not be captured

All AK/GK are counted if a pilot ends sortie alive (no killed, captured or disco)

Some ground objects like hangars, depot buildings, ships are counted as more than one GK.

If pilot disconnects during a flight then all his AK/GK and combat missions are not counted and:

· aircraft is not lost if pilot or aircraft wasn’t damaged at all

· aircraft is lost if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place more than 5min after last damage

· aircraft is lost and AK/GK streak is reset to 0 if pilot or aircraft was damaged and disconnection took place less than 5min after last damage. Sortie result is DISCO.

Edited by D-Rock

1 hour ago, adler_68 said:

some gameplay questions

A) what does 1+CM in pilot stats mean .

B) In sorties stats i have a line  that says IN FLIGHT 1m 32 secs  and thats all , what is this ?

B) Why are'nt we not allowed to equip the FW190 A8 with bombs ? its my favourite ground attack plane , skip bombing ships etc .

A) what does 1+CM in pilot stats mean.

CM = Completed Mission. If you complete three missions in a row, you get a new plane. What type of plane depends on what planes you still have missing and whether in your pilot profile you chose to replenish fighters, ground attack planes, or bombers first 

You took off, flew around for a minute and 32 seconds, didn't shoot at anything, didn't get shot, and then the map ended, so you ended "in flight" (not landed, not shot down, etc)

C) Why are'nt we not allowed to equip the FW190 A8 with bombs ? its my favourite ground attack plane , skip bombing ships etc .

Look at 4. Plane Set in the instructions: http://taw-server.de/manual.php. No one is allowed to equip the A8 for ground attack on map 1, but you will be able to do it soon in map 2. Similarly, I lost all my P-38 attacker planes, so I can only fly the P-38 as a fighter now without ground ordinance until I get 3 Completed Missions (CM) in a row, then I will get one of my P-38 attackers back

• Upvote 1

flying online  in very bad weather

I took off in terrible weather , visibility zero , got above the clouds and decided this is not for me and got back below the clouds on instruments and got lost , soon enough i was at the border and so i took a 180 dgr heading and by sheer pure luck i bumped into 2 planes with their nav lights on and  landing . This was luck . How does everybody get back to base in such conditions ? radio beacon ? if yes where can i learn how to use it ? 

Tying to help D-Rock, and it looks weird. His "Lives" is .78..... how can he get to 1 so he can fly? How does he have .22% of a life.... is he missing a hand? Can that get replaced with a monkey paw?

WokeUpDead, can you send me a PM or link how this lives and deaths work? Its really confusing to me.

Posted (edited)

While attacking a target in a 110, my pilot was shot, and it put me in the gunner's position just before plane crashed.

Does this mean I lost 2 lives? Even though I should have three if your lives return after 20 hours.

Edit: I think I'm losing 2 lives when I get killed in a bomber.

Edited by D-Rock

18 minutes ago, D-Rock said:

While attacking a target in a 110, my pilot was shot, and it put me in the gunner's position just before plane crashed.

Does this mean I lost 2 lives? Even though I should have three if your lives return after 20 hours.

You only lost one life.

- You get 3 lives for each map.  You lose a life (or a fraction thereof) if you die or get captured.

- If your side had an equal or larger number when you lost the life, you lose 1.0 lives.

- If your side had a lesser number than the other side, you lose a fraction of a life (e.g. 7/10= 0.70 life lost)

- The 20 hour penalty comes into play if your life count goes 0.0 or below.  Then you immediately get 1.0 lives back, and have to wait 20 hours before you can fly.  You don’t get all 3 lives back until the next map.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you for clearing that up. Much appreciated.

With that said, Is this not a little to harsh a penalty?

This doesn't give a lot of incentive to be bombing on the front lines. Too risky. 

Instead, enemies picking off pilots as they take off from a field are rewarded. A better tactic to do long term damage to opposition.

Edited by D-Rock
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, D-Rock said:

Thank you for clearing that up. Much appreciated.

With that said, Is this not a little to harsh a penalty?

This doesn't give a lot of incentive to be bombing on the front lines. Too risky. 

Instead, enemies picking off pilots as they take off from a field are rewarded. A better tactic to do long term damage to opposition.

Attacking airplanes as they take off is not so easy. If you get within 10km of an airfield its sirens will sound and its flak will start looking for you. If you stay just outside 10km then spotting issues are likely to make you lose your target after takeoff.

Bombing is risky but there are ways to minimize the risk: ask for cover, stay fast, make only one pass over the target, come from an unexpected direction and leave low and fast. Or bomb from very high altitude.

@LordWukits I think Relent explained it as well as I could.

1 hour ago, adler_68 said:

I took off in terrible weather , visibility zero , got above the clouds and decided this is not for me and got back below the clouds on instruments and got lost , soon enough i was at the border and so i took a 180 dgr heading and by sheer pure luck i bumped into 2 planes with their nav lights on and  landing . This was luck . How does everybody get back to base in such conditions ? radio beacon ? if yes where can i learn how to use it ? 

I want to learn to use the radio beacon eventually, apparently it points to the nearest friendly airfield. Until then I navigate by landmarks. In your situation I would look for something distinctive: a lake, a river with a bridge or a distinctive curve, a town, an intersection. From there in might keep navigating by landmarks and compass, or I might go above the clouds and navigate by compass, stopwatch, speedometer: know how fast you are going and know that the big numbered squares are 10km across; occasionally I would dip below the clouds when I calculate that I should be close to another landmark.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WokeUpDead said:

Attacking airplanes as they take off is not so easy. If you get within 10km of an airfield its sirens will sound and its flak will start looking for you. If you stay just outside 10km then spotting issues are likely to make you lose your target after takeoff.

Bombing is risky but there are ways to minimize the risk: ask for cover, stay fast, make only one pass over the target, come from an unexpected direction and leave low and fast. Or bomb from very high altitude.

Good points. It was an airfield that got credit for my last death. Lucky for the 3 A-20s I was about to bomb.😈

Thanks again for the quick response, and thanks for a great server. I can only imagine the time you guys put into this.

Hope the donation helps a bit.

Cheers,

D-Rock

I don't know why I find it hard to take interest as a participant, but I get a bit of enjoyment out of spectating.  The "muh hardcore" crowd can make of it what they will.  

That said, Allies better get a move on and seal the deal.  They have a little over 100 planes left and are at risk of a failed operation.  Blue are barely hanging on to territory.  

Either side could win a very pyrrhic victory, but I'm betting on Blue already having caused too much attrition to Red - just like I called it at the beginning of the battle.  

Ge rid of the lives system. All I want to do is fly for a few hours on the weekend, not die on my first mission out and have to wait 20 hours to play again. 

If you don't know how to make a server fun like it used to be,  instead of infinitely frustrating, hang up the server and leave it to the professionals.

Nobody wants to play your perma death fortnight mod Kenny!

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, =AVG77=Fenderbird said:

Ge rid of the lives system. All I want to do is fly for a few hours on the weekend, not die on my first mission out and have to wait 20 hours to play again. 

If you don't know how to make a server fun like it used to be,  instead of infinitely frustrating, hang up the server and leave it to the professionals.

The strict live system is one of the key points why TAW is so popular among the „experienced“ playerbase. This system makes the virtual live more valuable, so you have to plan more and not go on suicidal missions.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, =AVG77=Fenderbird said:

if you dont like it, you can always fly on wol or cb. this campaign is meant to be hardcore. in comparison to the sow campaign in the good old cliffs, it is not even hard. in cliffs sometimes you coudnt fly because only every few days you got new supply on aircrafts and you had to transfer the aircraft to your homebase first. every damage on your aircarft could ground it for hours or even days. if you like it or not, some players just want to fly in a hardcore environment.

and to the taw admins: keep up the good work and thx for the campaigns over the last years!

Edited by JG4_Ammi
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, D-Rock said:

Thanks again for the quick response, and thanks for a great server. I can only imagine the time you guys put into this.

Thanks, I'm just a regular user, I'm sure the guys at LG squad who run this server appreciate it though.

Posted (edited)

Formal request RADIO Beacon positioning on Spawn airfields

Dear sirs

I kindly request you to consider placing radio beacons on the spawn airfields allowing us to navigate back to base in very bad weather , it is an available MCU in this sim . As you know this was used extensively by the RAF on night missions  to find their bases at night and in very bad weather returning from the continent . This will allow our 3 lives and landing bonus not to be wasted . Yours sincerely  

Edited by adler_68

28 minutes ago, adler_68 said:

Formal request RADIO Beacon positioning on Spawn airfields

.. to navigate back to base in very bad weather , it is an available MCU in this sim . As you know this was used extensively...  

Marvel Comics Universe has limited appeal to this ancient gamer

To my knowledge radio beacons are placed at every usable airfield. How ever they are destructible and if the beacon gets bombed it won't be replaced immediately. This might be why you were unable to use the beacon to find your home airfield.

Posted (edited)

Beacon

link to post on subject

basically for  German in my case i need to center the needle and that will take me to the nearest base . 

Night flight missions 

i started a mission which was a night flight and i noticed there is absolutely no lights on at the base or fire markers on the runway . Do we land just with landing light ?

Edited by adler_68

15 minutes ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

Server is down🙁

There was an error on the first mission on the second map (issue with the country of some cities). Server fixed and restarted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

questions on targets

A) Are all enemy airfields circled and colored targets ?

B) What are the multiple brick like markings in enemy cities ?

C) Enemy tanks vehicles trains in movement , do they have a final destination where the remaining objects from attacks stop and remain visible to the end of the mission ?

D) you must land only at the airfield you took off from to get full points and not be considered ditched ? 

q.jpg

Edited by adler_68

Confused: Why every time I get in a Mark V it says I can't? Even when I first started TAW?

23 minutes ago, dukethejuke said:

Confused: Why every time I get in a Mark V it says I can't? Even when I first started TAW?

I just checked your profile on TAW - I think you should do it too, so you understand why you can't fly the Spitfire V at the moment. And please

check the rules also - it will help you too.

tempsnip.thumb.png.b1973d9071bea0f61903ee2a20a9eb75.png

This is your actual list of available planes on TAW - check the red marked figures.

Cheerio

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, adler_68 said:

8 hours ago, adler_68 said:

Beacon

link to post on subject

basically for  German in my case i need to center the needle and that will take me to the nearest base . 

Night flight missions 

i started a mission which was a night flight and i noticed there is absolutely no lights on at the base or fire markers on the runway . Do we land just with landing light ?

Correct You have two needles (axis)  one is direction and the other is distance ( left)  . I think Distance needle is broken as i never see it move down the scale . i could be wrong though , Ive only just returned back too il-2 . Box .

the D9 and A8 dont have landing lights so how do you see where the landing strip is and land without crashing into airfield objects at night if there are no lights on or fire markers ?

• Haha 1

Take off and returning to base issue

i took off from an airfield which was flicking between spawn and empty , then when it went spawn i took off and on my way back it had switched to empty again so i went and landed at another spawn airfield only to get the forced landing sign and lost all point off the mission plus i lose my aircraft . Can someone please explain to me how i should have handled this situation . thanks 

On 3/14/2020 at 11:35 AM, 216th_LuseKofte said:

How do you find when a mission end? I fly for 15 minutes and the mission end . very frustrating

The way I do that without going out of the mission or onto the website is very easy.

Just look in the map default key o and in the mission properties where it gives your the temperature & weather etc., it also gives the mission start time. A quick look at the cockpit clock, then take into account that TAW mission run for 2 hour give or take 5 minutes.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

RAFCIO

Enschede was a normal spawn field but i could not return there because it became empty "pale blue with cross" , so where should i land if not at a live spawn airfield ? i am new to this server and there is nothing about this in the manual .  

Edited by adler_68