=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Is that normal that there is no bridges nor town templates on the map ??  :blink:

Strongly supported

As long as it goes both ways I am fine with that.

You know there are times where germans are hugely outnumbered as well right?

Never saw any complaint from us Luftwhiners...:P

I basically like the idea, I do think however that lowering for the teams with higher numbers is a bit unfair, especially for groundatrackers who are also confronted with AAA.

If you use the ratio just for the outnumbered team it would be fair in my eyes. Double the enemies, double the combat missions. It could be checked after the first 15 min of mission time to have a timeframe for the server to fill up after a maproll.

I envisioned it checking the numbers every 5 minutes (or more) throughout the mission and then taking the average of the numbers through the entire 1 hour and 45 minute mission.

I believe it should go both ways, hurts the overpopulated team, and help the underpopulated team.  This may help encourage those Fighter Only style pilots to broaden their horizons with an attacker or bomber from time to time.

Right now the numbers are rotating with more Germans during the day and more Russians at Night.   I'll attach the last 24 hour population.

Thanks for the feedback on the idea gents! Salute!  

post-24105-0-35165500-1475595976_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

New bug found!

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I flew a mission where I was killed. But the parse score two times.

In other words I was Killed two times in the same sortie.

Please fix it because this is very frustrating. And as result I lost two He111 I my inventory.

Thank you!

TAW.jpg

Edited by =BLW=OttoBertram
  • Upvote 2

There is a basic summary that explains what happened last mission in the ingame briefing. Any chance that same summary could be added to the website where the map is displayed?

If I have left the game and pc before map rotation, I like to review the map from my mobile later after the rotation occurs. Would be good to read the summary as well.

• Upvote 3

Just a question, Peskovatka and Gromoslavka are below 85% damage for 2 maps with no tanks near them, why are they inactive? Could this be a bug?

inact.jpg

As long as it goes both ways I am fine with that.

You know there are times where germans are hugely outnumbered as well right?

Never saw any complaint from us Luftwhiners...:P

Why would you suppose I fly only red ? I fly both sides (red on this one), always did always will (il2 stats exists for most of the server if you wish to check) .... I often fly the lowest populated side ... To balance things.

I am Not stupid enough to invest 150 euros in a product to only use a half of it :P

Just supporting the mechanics for everyone on the server.

Edited by LAL_Trinkof

Hey All, any thoughts on this?

Ya.  I thought of pretty much the same thing but figured it would not address the problem well enough to bring players in.  I didn't think it was enough incentive for people who were staying away due to the odds to join when it's 2:1+ against.  One would still have to survive the mission which, when it's 37 to 7, is difficult.  Bottom line, they would still lose their aircraft.

Another reason is that I thought it would be too complicated for the programmers to implement. 

That's is why I came up with the following which I previously posted.

Thought about the lopsided issue to which there are no easy answers. Having restrictions is not an option, just pushes people away from the server.

I did come up with an idea, though I don't know if this is feasible. If the sides are 2:1 or greater, the outnumbered side has access to a fighter type (thinking defense only) that is unlimited. Maybe the aircraft are located at a separate airfield that only becomes active under these conditions. When the odds drop below 2:1 the airfield becomes inactive again. The odds could be checked once every 5 minutes or so. This would give an incentive to people who don't want to risk their precious aircraft and would stay off the server under these conditions otherwise, making matters even worse. Their career lives and combat missions would still be in jeopardy.

At least one could join, fly a defensive fighter and know they aren't using their stock of aircraft during times of overwhelming odds.  From a historical point, I looked at it as when times get dire on the front, all stops are pulled to get all reserve aircraft and pilots in the air.

Just a question, Peskovatka and Gromoslavka are below 85% damage for 2 maps with no tanks near them, why are they inactive? Could this be a bug?

Peskovatka and Kalach were both at 26% damaged for multiple maps last night and were still not active airfields... frustrating to say the least when you spend a map or two supping the hell out of fields and they don't come back up.

• Upvote 1

There is a basic summary that explains what happened last mission in the ingame briefing. Any chance that same summary could be added to the website where the map is displayed?

If I have left the game and pc before map rotation, I like to review the map from my mobile later after the rotation occurs. Would be good to read the summary as well.

Awesome idea, if it's doable!

+1

Maybe this has been answered, just didn't see it.  Can you be considered both shot down and safely landed at airfield, with no loss to you of the aircraft, nor considered ditched?

I have one such sortie.

+1

Hi whenever i play it seems to be the same time of day  (bad luck maybe?)  anyway  i really like  early morning  or late evening sorties , it just looks cool, keep up the good work its a great server.

I want to report some kind of "Strange behaviour

This is the record of the flight of my Squadmates. An invincible Ju88.

Thanks.

Edited by Ala13_ManuV

An occasional night sortie would be surplus :) like every 10 to 15 missions or so.

I agree, but this has (historically, in other sims) been tabled because of "that one guy" who only gets to fly one frame and it's THAT frame (because of scheduling) and he can't see in the dark.

Why would you suppose I fly only red ? I fly both sides (red on this one), always did always will (il2 stats exists for most of the server if you wish to check) .... I often fly the lowest populated side ... To balance things.

I am Not stupid enough to invest 150 euros in a product to only use a half of it :P

Just supporting the mechanics for everyone on the server.

I dont suppose anything. I fly German almost exclusive. But that has no reason other than I dont like anything about the VVS planes. Be it look, performance (not saying too low or too high here) or anything else. looking forward to fly the SkyCobra and other western fighters actually.

I am Graphical designer in RL and the looks play a big part  for me. I wouldnt drive a BMW thou. Not event he most expensive one. Despite fact that they are german they are just ugly:)

I want to report some kind of "Strange behaviour" let´s call it like that.

Thanks.

That was insane.  Someone leave on God Mode?

That was insane.  Someone leave on God Mode?

Don´t know but I would appreciate an explanation

Edited by Ala13_ManuV

I dont suppose anything. I fly German almost exclusive. But that has no reason other than I dont like anything about the VVS planes. Be it look, performance (not saying too low or too high here) or anything else. looking forward to fly the SkyCobra and other western fighters actually.

I am Graphical designer in RL and the looks play a big part  for me. I wouldnt drive a BMW thou. Not event he most expensive one. Despite fact that they are german they are just ugly:)

How dare you to say something like THAT?! I request banhammer for him urgently!!!

By the way guys: Dont miss my virtual "Sarcasm" display :-)

And i would like to order a Bomber from the factory that Ju88 came from...

Edited by Golden_Phoenix87

Good idea.

If airfield was heavily damaged then it may be closed for next 1 or 2 missions to recover. 

Maybe this has been answered, just didn't see it.  Can you be considered both shot down and safely landed at airfield, with no loss to you of the aircraft, nor considered ditched?

I have one such sortie.

Which one? On mission #28 you was shot down and landed and result is Landed.

I Just wonder if a "ditched" plane lowers the ammount of Planes left for my side as well?

In global stats no.

I want to report some kind of "Strange behaviour" let´s call it like that.

Thanks.

his is very strange thing. Here are his sortie details:

http://taw.stg2.de/p...e==LG=Dev/Leon_

He wasn't damaged at all by enemy fighters. Cheats or game bug? I have no idea. His previous sorties looks ok (he isn't the best bomber pilot). I will raport it to the developers. I hope they will have answer for this case.

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if there's still the limited aircraft/pilot/tank losses in this edition. Rules do not say nothing about it.

his is very strange thing. Here are his sortie details:

http://taw.stg2.de/p...e==LG=Dev/Leon_

He wasn't damaged at all by enemy fighters. Cheats or game bug? I have no idea. His previous sorties looks ok (he isn't the best bomber pilot). I will raport it to the developers. I hope they will have answer for this case.

how about you ask him? acording to your tags you are squad mates.

• Upvote 1

Hello, could please someone delete the players 5.AA_Colonel_Ypuri and 5.AA_Gamer8787 from statistics they have done a mistake, want to change their name now...

but its impossible because it exists already (probably).

would be great, thanx.

And its a great server, good job to everyone involved in this!

I wonder if there's still the limited aircraft/pilot/tank losses in this edition. Rules do not say nothing about it.

1300 Aircraft / 900 (dear) Pilots / 400 Tonks

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=7290&name=ESCOMM_FlyMaker

look at this. I shoot donw the 109 and the server come to lag (i mean its not only lag, all game actions become slowly). After that my plane lost 2 wings and the tail?

WTF i dont hit anything and not in a dive. How my plane blows up from sky without any shot? 

Edited by ESCOMM_FlyMaker

My rank got reset but my stats are all the same in my profile. 0/100  experience now.. what gives?  Back to Feldwebel but still shows all my sorties/airkills/groundkills/deaths

Edited by BeeKing85

I want to report some kind of "Strange behaviour"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVLWbblYX0o

Thanks.

What the actual f*ck is going on here? This is clearly not a product of lag or desync...it's blatant invulnerability. Is one of the LG guys straight up cheating??

My rank got reset but my stats are all the same in my profile. 0/100  experience now.. what gives?  Back to Feldwebel but still shows all my sorties/airkills/groundkills/deaths

If you die or get captured, you lose 400 exp, which can put you all the way back to zero pretty quick. 

Thanks.

Wow.  I wouldn't jump directly to cheating but something is seriously wrong and it's worth a very close look.

Yesterday I had another bug, it could be like the one from Flymaker. (I think/thought it was client side - maybe you can describe it further Flymaker?) My gauge showed my Pe-2 doing 400+ kph yet I flew at treetop level and everything passed by incredibly slow! I looked at how long my flight was and what distance I probably flew and ended up with an AVERAGE speed of 150 to 170 kph ! The plane behaved normally though.

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Upvote 1

Strange experience for me as well yesterday. We bounced with 3 la 5 a lone ju87, LG pilot. Full HE ammo for us.

Me and a squad mate cleary saw a lot of impact on him... But nothing. We did only one pass. .... The gunner shot the two of us in 2 second, cutting the wing of mt wingman.... Killing my engine (the cut down wing seem suspicious also.... I think the server registered a collision as my wingman was very close .... But the 87 was still intact)

Game was not laggy at the moment , but I guess there was HUGE synchronisation issues. TAW stats do not even record a hit from us in the 87. He was reported shot down by aaa shortly after.

I do not think this is cheating (especiallt coming from the hosting team) but something was seriously wrong. From what I saw on screen , no chance we missed him ... And no chance he survived the bounce.

Sadly I did not made a track, but it look pretty close from that ju88 video.

Anyway still having great fun on the campaign.

S!

Edited by LAL_Trinkof
  • Upvote 1

Thanks.

:o:

If you die or get captured, you lose 400 exp, which can put you all the way back to zero pretty quick.

That would make sense then, thanks for the help.

What the actual f*ck is going on here? This is clearly not a product of lag or desync...it's blatant invulnerability. Is one of the LG guys straight up cheating??

No, we are not cheating.

We have made our own investigation and it looks like it was Leon's internet problems. http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=5206&name==LG=Dev/Leon_ look at time 00:25 he ditched but 00:31 he got killed. Also Leon was reporting that he was exploding in flight after 10 minutes of he's last fight.

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=7290&name=ESCOMM_FlyMaker

look at this. I shoot donw the 109 and the server come to lag (i mean its not only lag, all game actions become slowly). After that my plane lost 2 wings and the tail?

WTF i dont hit anything and not in a dive. How my plane blows up from sky without any shot? 

Probably same thing here or server slowmotion - laggy thing.

Can somebody explain me how the allies won tonight?

Edited by DerSheriff