Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

Many here insist on the fallacy that blues fly higher, also being lonewolfs. Okay, there are indeed players like that, but they are attributing this fact to SCG, attacking indirectly, based on the Fenris reward, ignoring the fact that SCG members fly together, many times providing cover to our attackers, just as Fenris mentioned early.
How many time did you flew Blue and saw reds above you? I ran away too many times because of that.
I'm not saying that reward only 0 death playersis the better approach but I disagree with this coward attack against SCG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO  an awarding ( medal or diploma) sistem is the following way:

 

-Best ( fighter, bomber,tank killer) live strike.

-Best  strike (fighter, bomber,tank killer, included the pilot if he was dead same times)

-Best 5 Squads in the list you can see in the stats, related to their  points scored.

 

In this way you could award all the different aspects.

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust the flight sim community to have a melt down over a few medals. This is why we can't have nice things becuase people always bite that hand that feeds them.

 

LG provide an amazing service for free and all people do is complain, its their server their competitions its their choice. Either play or don't play depending on your views.

 

Some people only realize how good something is only when its gone.

 

 

Edited by Retrofly
  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

Many here insist on the fallacy that blues fly higher, also being lonewolfs. Okay, there are indeed players like that, but they are attributing this fact to SCG, attacking indirectly, based on the Fenris reward, ignoring the fact that SCG members fly together, many times providing cover to our attackers, just as Fenris mentioned early.
How many time did you flew Blue and saw reds above you? I ran away too many times because of that.
I'm not saying that reward only 0 death playersis the better approach but I disagree with this coward attack against SCG.

 

As far as I know, and after flying several TAW editions in both sides, The high flying lonewolf is to be seen flying red or blue. My opinion was not directed against any particular or squadron (in fact I don't recall any mention in my message), and of course I have the deepest respect and gratitude for LG and the fun they provide for us. We are always trying to help and my opinion is only that. In PHX we always encourage cooperation between squads and we aim for a tactical campaign, fulfilling the objectives for the side we are flying, with affordable losses. That is why I am worried with changes that may encourage a different view. But time will tell if it is a good idea or not.

 

Cheers

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 3:23 PM, SCG_motoadve said:

10 deaths and you are out of TAW for the rest of the campaign, that way you value your pilots life more.

And 10 lives are still a lo

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Retrofly said:

Trust the flight sim community to have a melt down over a few medals. This is why we can't have nice things becuase people always bite that hand that feeds them.

 

LG provide an amazing service for free and all people do is complain, its their server their competitions its their choice. Either play or don't play depending on your views.

 

Some people only realize how good something is only when its gone.

 

Very well worded @Retrofly, thank you. And thanks to LG too!  😁👌

 

[edited]

 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 7:03 PM, RedKestrel said:

Forgive the wall of text

 

I approve this wall of text :biggrin:

 

Essentially they're trying to make something from a diamond, which is pointless. TAW is a diamond, it started out rough cut like all diamonds, but it's finely cut now, some might say, too fine.

 

All this extra award stuff on top is just not needed, especially when many feel it's over-cut already.

Edited by Pict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please lets end this discution about rewards. Admins will close this topic if we dont calm down. Nobody can Ask when next TAW will start 😛 we, as always will polish all new things in time. So please everybody start asking kathon when TAW starts!!! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

Please lets end this discution about rewards. Admins will close this topic if we dont calm down. Nobody can Ask when next TAW will start 😛 we, as always will polish all new things in time. So please everybody start asking kathon when TAW starts!!! 

 

Fair enough, good comment :good: ...

 

@=LG=Kathon when does the next TAW campaign start? :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to setting a total number of lives allowable for players for a whole campaign, I think we should look at some stats to see the impact. Incoming stats, take cover!

As near as I can figure from the website stats, of 3094 registered player accounts, only 207 of the accounts had 10 or more deaths on them for the entire campaign. A huge chunk of accounts had 0 deaths but many of them had not even played or played very little. 810 accounts had no flight hours at all. So, of a percentage of active accounts, about 9% of players had 10 or more deaths. Not a lot of 'suicide jockeys' - it looks like the factors already in play are making players try their best to survive and keep their planes.

image.thumb.png.1c760d128fb67801f8695d4d7641dbe9.png

Most of the players who had more than 10 deaths had a very large number of flight hours, and by the stats, seems to be pretty effective players. It doesn't look like a bunch of idiots, its just when you play for long enough your luck starts to run out.

When you look at the averages here in comparison to the entire player base (players with more than 0 flying hours) (by the clunky method of sorting the stats on the webpage, then paging through until I found the rank of the  value below the average in this chat), the average player with more than 10 deaths is:


1. Likely to have more flight hours than 95% of players
2. Likely to have more air kills than 95% of players
3  Likely to have more ground kills than 95% of players
4. Will have more deaths than 91% of players
5. Likely to have a higher K/D ratio than 86% of players
6. Likely to have a higher GK streak than 86% of players
7. Likely to have a higher AK streak than 86% of players

If the average >10 death player was banned after ten deaths, they would play 25.6 hours on the server rather than 63.72, assuming a standard death rate/flight hour.

When you play this all out it looks like a total death number doesn't filter out suicide jockeys or unskilled players, but really just impacts the people that are flying alot and, for the most part, seem to be contributing lots of value to their team. Player death, aside from some outliers, is not an indicator of skill or contribution but rather time spent in the air. If you fly more than 95% of players, you die more than 91% of players. 

(I would do more digging but harvesting the stats from the webpage 25 results at a time is a pain. Otherwise I'd just plug it all into a spreadsheet and run the numbers for the entire player population. Also, because the player's side is represented by an image that excel doesn't like to keep in one place, its hard to do a bulk analysis based on side and the webpage doesn't let you sort based on side, so I can't get the stats that way. I can't analyze ground or air kills/flight hour or ground kills/death since I can't get all the stats and those stats aren't calculated automatically by the numbers.)

Funniest thing I found in the stats is a guy with 0 flight hours and 1 death...named gerkamikaze. Second funniest thing I found was one guy with 0 flight hours and 2 deaths. It really does take all kinds.

Edited by RedKestrel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

When you play this all out it looks like a total death number doesn't filter out suicide jockeys or unskilled players, but really just impacts the people that are flying alot and, for the most part, seem to be contributing lots of value to their team. Player death, aside from some outliers, is not an indicator of skill or contribution but rather time spent in the air. If you fly more than 95% of players, you die more than 91% of players.

 

Excellent analysis RedKestrel. Just making sure though: death means death, it does not include bailed out but captured pilots, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WokeUpDead said:

 

Excellent analysis RedKestrel. Just making sure though: death means death, it does not include bailed out but captured pilots, yes?

Yes, when you drill down into the individual stats, shoot-downs are broken down into bail outs, ditches, and deaths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey when does the TAW server re-launch! Can't wait!




Also on the note of tuning the server. I sadly came in late on the last campaign so I don't have enough knowledge to make assumptions about how TAW works.... That said I would throw out one thought to chew on:

What is TAW trying to simulate? A single battle? An air-war over the course of a month? If so... How many planes/lives would be lost in that type of battle? How does it relate to the in-game stats? 

Generally when talking about online games like IL-2, Arma, Hell Let Loose, Ect, you are simulating a much larger battle with much smaller numbers. TYPICALLY a single player does not represent an individual on the battlefield, but a percentage of people who would have participated in that battle, this is due to the numbers scaling down from full scale to the games scale. 

Pulled from Wiki:
From 5 to 12 September, Luftflotte 4 conducted 7,507 sorties (938 per day). From 16 to 25 September, it carried out 9,746 missions (975 per day).[5]:195 Determined to crush Soviet resistance, Luftflotte 4's Stukawaffe flew 900 individual sorties against Soviet positions at the Stalingrad Tractor Factory on 5 October. Several Soviet regiments were wiped out; the entire staff of the Soviet 339th Infantry Regiment was killed the following morning during an air raid.[2]:83
 

Edited by Petrik_Drosik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Petrik_Drosik said:

Hey when does the TAW server re-launch! Can't wait!




Also on the note of tuning the server. I sadly came in late on the last campaign so I don't have enough knowledge to make assumptions about how TAW works.... That said I would throw out one thought to chew on:

What is TAW trying to simulate? A single battle? An air-war over the course of a month? If so... How many planes/lives would be lost in that type of battle? How does it relate to the in-game stats? 

Generally when talking about online games like IL-2, Arma, Hell Let Loose, Ect, you are simulating a much larger battle with much smaller numbers. TYPICALLY a single player does not represent an individual on the battlefield, but a percentage of people who would have participated in that battle, this is due to the numbers scaling down from full scale to the games scale. 

Pulled from Wiki:
From 5 to 12 September, Luftflotte 4 conducted 7,507 sorties (938 per day). From 16 to 25 September, it carried out 9,746 missions (975 per day).[5]:195 Determined to crush Soviet resistance, Luftflotte 4's Stukawaffe flew 900 individual sorties against Soviet positions at the Stalingrad Tractor Factory on 5 October. Several Soviet regiments were wiped out; the entire staff of the Soviet 339th Infantry Regiment was killed the following morning during an air raid.[2]:83
 

Read then manual on TAW site while its offline it will answer your first questions. About scaling of course there is scaling cause full server means 42vs42 players ideal but some times there are squadros that big or few flying coordinated that You can see big formations up to 20 Pe2 plus fighter cover (i was participant of that big wing) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 6:23 AM, SCG_motoadve said:

In a campaign like TAW, pilots life should means something and be important.

0 deaths to me means flying realistically and engaging when only seeing  an advantage and care for your own pilots's life, which is how you would fly in real life, wouldn't you? its a lot more immersive flying with this mentality.

No suicidal missions , Berloga kind of flying.

 

But If people do not like awards for 0 deaths, we need to somehow make pilot's life important in TAW,  how about penalties?

10 deaths and you are out of TAW for the rest of the campaign, that way you value your pilots life more.

And 10 lives are still a lot.

 

 


If this were implemented, how many pilots do you think there would be left to fly ground attack missions - they would be too concerned about getting sniped by AAA or CAPing fighters that they would probably change to fighters and just fly defensive sweeps over their own territory.  It’s almost as easy to die/get captured flying when you value your life as it is when you don’t - especially when attacking defended (by CAP or AAA) ground targets.

 

if you want a well rounded set of pilot/plane types in a mission, you can’t penalize deaths/captures in that “final” of a way (e.g. 10 deaths/captures and you are banned for the duration).  Or if you do, maybe give fighters 10 lives and bomber/ground attackers 50 lives so they are encouraged to continue ground pounding.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure he could penalize deaths/captures like that. Do you know how often I dragged AAA? And I made it. It gets almost fail-safe if you stay disciplined in a team and don't mess it up.

 

Go ask 72AG or JG4, they excel at it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Sure he could penalize deaths/captures like that. Do you know how often I dragged AAA? And I made it. It gets almost fail-safe if you stay disciplined in a team and don't mess it up.

 

Go ask 72AG or JG4, they excel at it.

 

Don't get me started on your bombing runs... :rofl:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, AKA_Relent said:


If this were implemented, how many pilots do you think there would be left to fly ground attack missions - they would be too concerned about getting sniped by AAA or CAPing fighters that they would probably change to fighters and just fly defensive sweeps over their own territory.  It’s almost as easy to die/get captured flying when you value your life as it is when you don’t - especially when attacking defended (by CAP or AAA) ground targets.

 

if you want a well rounded set of pilot/plane types in a mission, you can’t penalize deaths/captures in that “final” of a way (e.g. 10 deaths/captures and you are banned for the duration).  Or if you do, maybe give fighters 10 lives and bomber/ground attackers 50 lives so they are encouraged to continue ground pounding.


50 lives for ground attackers? :blink: Why not 100 or 200? Is it really that hard to just not die in every second mission?

My squad flies exclusively bombers/attackers, yet we were able to keep our death count low.image.png.a4e659f15751140480fda43929500cff.png

Out of active players, only two guys got 10 or more deaths. One is kinda suicidal pilot who doesn't care much whether he dies or not. Other got his 10th death in the last day of the campaign. Last TAW was probably the longest and most intensive campaign ever, and still with the 10 lives rule, most of our guys would be able to fly to the end.

You want TAW to be realistic? Start flying realistic. In reality you want to survive the war first and foremost, while getting your job done. All that propaganda about sacrificing yourself for the noble cause (which is present on TAW in form of suicidal guys who "don't care for stats, just for victory"), quickly disappears as friends around you start to die. TAW should try to simulate that, your virtual lives should be the most valuable thing, and returning to base should be more important than getting huge amount of kills.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 6:23 AM, SCG_motoadve said:

In a campaign like TAW, pilots life should means something and be important.

0 deaths to me means flying realistically and engaging when only seeing  an advantage and care for your own pilots's life, which is how you would fly in real life, wouldn't you? its a lot more immersive flying with this mentality.

No suicidal missions , Berloga kind of flying.

 

But If people do not like awards for 0 deaths, we need to somehow make pilot's life important in TAW,  how about penalties?

10 deaths and you are out of TAW for the rest of the campaign, that way you value your pilots life more.

And 10 lives are still a lot.

 

 

 

No.

 

 

On 2/5/2020 at 7:14 AM, Carl_infar said:

Flying realistcally would be to follow orderes of the command and for example attack  irrespective the opposition the advancing enemy

 

And not to choose yourself  to stay only above Your own territory and attack only inferior enemy.

 

On 2/5/2020 at 2:56 PM, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Not at all, realistically means following mission orders where many times you can’t choose to be in advantage, you risk your life, and only skill (individual and teamwork) + luck, makes you survive.
 

Tell an il2 or Stuka pilot to fly like you say, impossible. Your example of “realism” only applies for free hunt in a fighter. It has very little to do with the variety of tasks in TAW. 

 

1 hour ago, AKA_Relent said:


If this were implemented, how many pilots do you think there would be left to fly ground attack missions - they would be too concerned about getting sniped by AAA or CAPing fighters that they would probably change to fighters and just fly defensive sweeps over their own territory.  It’s almost as easy to die/get captured flying when you value your life as it is when you don’t - especially when attacking defended (by CAP or AAA) ground targets.

 

if you want a well rounded set of pilot/plane types in a mission, you can’t penalize deaths/captures in that “final” of a way (e.g. 10 deaths/captures and you are banned for the duration).  Or if you do, maybe give fighters 10 lives and bomber/ground attackers 50 lives so they are encouraged to continue ground pounding.

 

Yes.

 

1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Sure he could penalize deaths/captures like that. Do you know how often I dragged AAA? And I made it. It gets almost fail-safe if you stay disciplined in a team and don't mess it up.

 

I hate that only silly poopsocking ground attack tactics are really functional on TAW, punishing death is only going to make it even worse for the people who are forced to take the largest risks.  90-some percent of sorties on TAW are in fighters(according to stats published some editions ago), you really want that number to go up?

 

27 minutes ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:

You want TAW to be realistic? Start flying realistic. In reality you want to survive the war first and foremost, while getting your job done. All that propaganda about sacrificing yourself for the noble cause (which is present on TAW in form of suicidal guys who "don't care for stats, just for victory"), quickly disappears as friends around you start to die. TAW should try to simulate that, your virtual lives should be the most valuable thing, and returning to base should be more important than getting huge amount of kills.

 

 

What a load of garbage.  You do what you're ordered to do or you're ventilated(or disgraced, hated by all and thrown in a hole) .  That's reality.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

What a load of garbage.  You do what you're ordered to do or you're ventilated(or disgraced, hated by all and thrown in a hole) .  That's reality.


I know Russians have long tradition of shooting their own soldiers if they refuse to blindly charge at the enemy, but it's not a general rule everywhere in the world.


In most of the other armies there's a bit more initiative left in the hands of NCOs and officers commanding on the field. If an officer realizes that his unit can't seize their objective, because enemy is much stronger, he does not order a suicidal attack, but holds position, sends a report about situation to his superiors and waits for new orders. Situations where an unit is ordered to defend a position to the last man, or perform an assault at all costs are very rare. Trained men are valuable resource in war, and while they are expended to achieve strategic goals, they cannot be expended carelessly simply because you cannot win a war when you are out of men.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:


You want TAW to be realistic? Start flying realistic. In reality you want to survive the war first and foremost, while getting your job done.

 

You literally fly nothing but JU-88 milk runs to depot. Ill fly 0 death career as supply general next taw just to laugh at you. 

 

The second you touch fighter, https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=92652&name==/Hospiz/=MetalHead

you get your arse handed to you in a neat gift wrap. 

 

VVS fly under manned, even this TAW there was 20-30% less VVS participation and it got worse as it went on. Not to mention the Russian holidays debacle. VVS has no luxury to ignore tanks and go for depots, as our pilots are needed everywhere. I want to fly fighters only, but to do most good, i fly what the team needs me to fly. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the winners of the XX TAW!!

 

- =TY= anaconda * Tore * 15Span * 1pa1 *
- SCG_Fenris_Wolf
- =TY= anaconda-samkis-WT

 

=TY=anaconda_tiesa, thank you very much for putting the 15(Span)/JG51 tag next to your name. It is a pride for all the members of the squadron and personally for me a pleasure to have been your wingnan in numerous aerial sorties.

 

=TY=anaconda_tiesa, muchas gracias por poner el tag del 15(Span)/JG51 junto a tu nombre. Es un orgullo para todos los miembros del escuadrón y personalmente para mi un placer haber sido tu punto en numerosas salidas al aire.

 

Greetings,

 

15(Span.)/JG51Navarro

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Navarro
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:

You want TAW to be realistic? Start flying realistic.


Like flying solo JU88 bomb runs to depots specially when no enemy fighters will catch you cause they are outnumbered and focusing on more important tasks?

 

Killing ground targets with no opposition is not very realistic. Hopefully next TAW those 15:0 quorums won’t be there anymore.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:


I know Russians have long tradition of shooting their own soldiers if they refuse to blindly charge at the enemy, but it's not a general rule everywhere in the world.

Russians have a tradition of winning ...

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:

I know Russians have long tradition of shooting their own soldiers if they refuse to blindly charge at the enemy, but it's not a general rule everywhere in the world.


The Soviets didn’t use human wave tactics for most of the war. They mainly used armoured spearheads to penetrate Axis lines, followed up by encirclements. They didn’t end up occupying half of Europe by being stupid.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 19FAB_Battler said:

Russians have a tradition of winning ...

Such fairy tales can be told to those in the west or overseas. Please show me the battle in which the Russian / Soviet army defeated the opponent without having several times an advantage over the opponent and without losing more soldiers. I'm from Poland. No one has ever waged more wars like Poland and Russia / the Soviet Union. For over 1,000 years of shared history so I can name you many battles where Poles won with the Russians despite their number advantage. Defeats also happened, but they were mainly caused by the Russian numerical superiority.

 

Cybermat read about the Battle of Berlin in 1945.

 

And I suggest moving if anyone wants this discussion elsewhere. This thread is not from that.

 

4 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

The second you touch fighter, https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=92652&name==/Hospiz/=MetalHead

you get your arse handed to you in a neat gift wrap.

Metalhead in fighter? That was a JABO flight.

4 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:


Like flying solo JU88 bomb runs to depots specially when no enemy fighters will catch you cause they are outnumbered and focusing on more important tasks?

 

Killing ground targets with no opposition is not very realistic. Hopefully next TAW those 15:0 quorums won’t be there anymore.

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=58411&name=666GIAP_Chimango

There is nothing like being so weak and flying a fighter not above the front line but far behind the lines over the depo and wait for lonely bombers to get statistics and then brag about it. You couldn't even shoot a single bomber over the depot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

 

Don't get me started on your bombing runs... :rofl:

 

That's why I fly ahead for escort, distraction and CAP :dance:

 

[edited]

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language. Last Warning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Rafcio said. That "fighter" mission was JABO and his death was partly my fault.

7 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:


Like flying solo JU88 bomb runs to depots specially when no enemy fighters will catch you cause they are outnumbered and focusing on more important tasks?

 

Killing ground targets with no opposition is not very realistic. Hopefully next TAW those 15:0 quorums won’t be there anymore.

This shows the problem with most of the people here.  You are assuming too much with very little information available. Most of his sorties targets were airfields and frontline objectives. With fighter cover. And I know that because I was covering him a lot. Not only me of course. Other LG members were also doing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, =L/R=Rafcio said:

Such fairy tales can be told to those in the west or overseas. Please show me the battle in which the Russian / Soviet army defeated the opponent without having several times an advantage over the opponent and without losing more soldiers. I'm from Poland. No one has ever waged more wars like Poland and Russia / the Soviet Union. For over 1,000 years of shared history so I can name you many battles where Poles won with the Russians despite their number advantage. Defeats also happened, but they were mainly caused by the Russian numerical superiority.

Respected! What fairy tales are for you is a story for Russians. Learn Russian history so as not to repeat the mistakes of 1612.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 19FAB_Battler said:

Respected! What fairy tales are for you is a story for Russians. Learn Russian history so as not to repeat the mistakes of 1612.

This is not the place for such discussions but as you want. 

Edited by =L/R=Rafcio
No reason
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the next update, we plan to significantly improve the airframe damage calculations and the explosive and fragmentation damage calculations for all objects in the sim in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, =L/R=Rafcio said:

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=58411&name=666GIAP_Chimango

There is nothing like being so weak and flying a fighter not above the front line but far behind the lines over the depo and wait for lonely bombers to get statistics and then brag about it. You couldn't even shoot a single bomber over the depot.


Most of my kills are fighters, and from

bombers no more than 10% were over friendly depots.
 

The problem for some bomber pilots it’s they go solo bombing (me included) depots and after a while of not being intercepted they get cocky...and become predictable. So every now and then we anticipate them and teach them not to go unescorted. 
 

BTW thank you for posting a link where i shot that JU-88 down...after saying i can’t even shoot a bomber down 😁

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

BTW thank you for posting a link where i shot that JU-88 down...after saying i can’t even shoot a bomber down 😁

Can you read with understaining. I wrote shoot OVER depot. This means that Metal crashed on his teritory. Lost aircraft but he can take next one in next mission. His mission was succesfull. Bombed depo and stay alive, did not captured. 😃 Even 23 or 37 mm in ŁaGG did not help. 😄

Edited by =L/R=Rafcio
No reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, =L/R=Rafcio said:

Can you read with understaining. I wrote shoot OVER depot. This means that Metal crashed on his teritory. Lost aircraft but he can take next one in next mission. His mission was succesfull. Bombed depo and stay alive, did not captured. 😃 

I shot him over Stalingrad depot, and shot him down later on. The only reason he wasn’t kia/cptd was he was close to friendly lines, sniper ai gunners, plus titanium ju88  which took 3x37mm and kept flying. 
 

My mission was to shoot it down and land, so all happy then.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

I shot him over Stalingrad depot, and shot him down later on. The only reason he wasn’t kia/cptd was he was close to friendly lines, sniper ai gunners, plus titanium ju88  which took 3x37mm and kept flying. 
 

My mission was to shoot it down and land, so all happy then.


Close to friendly lines? Not so much. At least not by standards of most players, like you, who do not go more than few kilometers behind frontline.
And stop complaining about that 37mm. You didn't score a single hit with that big cannon. Only machine gun scored some hits from far away, because you couldn't catch a poor 88 with a LaGG. That MG hit both radiators though and it was the sole reason I had to ditch, the plane was otherwise perfectly flyable with only minor damage.

Shoot better next time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, =/Hospiz/=MetalHead said:


Close to friendly lines? Not so much. At least not by standards of most players, like you, who do not go more than few kilometers behind frontline.
And stop complaining about that 37mm. You didn't score a single hit with that big cannon. Only machine gun scored some hits from far away, because you couldn't catch a poor 88 with a LaGG. That MG hit both radiators though and it was the sole reason I had to ditch, the plane was otherwise perfectly flyable with only minor damage.

Shoot better next time...

 

I would like you to experience the joys of shooting down JU-88 when he is in shallow dive from 5km, while AI gunners do AI gunner stuff...

 

I know many axis pilot enjoy the AI rear gunners of Pe-2 at least as much if not more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 9:05 AM, LLv24_Zami said:

Back to the topic. When does the TAW start?  😀

 

 

yes, when?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...